Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? (1937 Views)

I Get Sick Few Days To My Birthday Every Year. / The Kenyan Mad Man Rescued By His Ex-Classmate In New Photos / Increasing Number Of Mad Men In Nigeria,what Is The Government Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 04, 2018
Have you noticed how mad men live for years and years without fallen ill? I just don't understand, they live in the streets, Bush, uncompleted buildings so they are exposed to mosquitoes right? Mosquitoes give you malaria right? When malaria is not treated it causes death right? And yet you see mad men living for years without dying, I mean these are mad men, its obvious that a mad man will not reason to avoid mosquitoes and will also not reason to go to hospital when sick.
As a kid in Lagos, there is this mad man that I saw since 1994 and up till 1999, he is still alive and kicking it.
Even me, a sane man who does anything to avoid mosqitoe bites, I still contact malaria at least twice a year. But a mad man who does not even care and gets bitten by mosquitoes more than me does not fall sick and die of malaria.
I really don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by OneCorner: 3:18am On Sep 04, 2018
Please, who are u asking biko?
Ur fellow mad men or ex mad men on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by Ever8054: 3:24am On Sep 04, 2018
you mentioned only mosquito bites and malaria.....you as a normal person try eat the dustbin food or gutter water wey mad people dey drink you won't even leave the spot...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 04, 2018
Ever8054:
you mentioned only mosquito bites and malaria.....you as a normal person try eat the dustbin food or gutter water wey mad people dey drink you won't even leave the spot...
So why don't they get sick? I have seen many of them back in Lagos that lasted for years and years, I'm serious! I really don't understand and you mentioned the dustbin food that they eat and the dirty water they drink, this is enough to cause typhoid and cholera.
Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by kay29000(m): 6:23am On Sep 04, 2018
Please, lala, take this to front page. I have also been wondering this for years. There is a madman in my area that got me wondering. This man not only eats rubbish, he also walks up and down the long road everyday. I mean, a road that takes like 20 minutes for car to drive through. Where does he get strength and how come he doesn't fall sick.
Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by OboOlora(f): 6:35am On Sep 04, 2018
Because God has replaced their lost brain with a hyperactive, robotic bones, tissues, cells, capillaries etc.

Abi u don see that barbeque boy sick before? Dude is always on this forum walking upandan on every thread shouting Sai Baba like a mad person.

That’s a typical example!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2018
OboOlora:
Because God has replaced their lost brain with a hyperactive, robotic bones, tissues, cells, capillaries etc.

COMMENT READERS ON THIS FORUM WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU JUST PASS BY WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO CONTRIBUTE.
INSTEAD OF THIS NONSENSE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by EVarn(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2018
@mhd5757, psychologically disturbed people actually get sick, infact, they fall sick more often than normal people due to their lifestyle, and they even have a shorter life span compared to normal people, it's just that no one notices.

Though, it may be observable that the health of clinically insane people never actually deteriorate quickly to the point of death, considering their unhygienic lifestyle, but I suspect it may be due to "placebo effect". Basically, since they have no awareness of contracting diseases, they can live without conciousness of the disease, even though they may have a disease at that time. Thus, due to the fact that they have a disease, but are not conscious of it, the disease gets cured. Its a neurological syndrome where the psychological believe of the infected person contributes to healing of the infection.
Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
EVarn:
@mhd5757, psychologically disturbed people actually get sick, infact, they fall sick more often than normal people due to their lifestyle, and they even have a shorter life span compared to normal people, it's just that no one notices.

Though, it may be observable that the health of clinically insane people never actually deteriorate quickly to the point of death, considering their unhygienic lifestyle, but I suspect it may be due to "placebo effect". Basically, since they have no awareness of contracting diseases, they can live without conciousness of the disease, even though they may have a disease at that time. Thus, due to the fact that they have a disease, but are not conscious of it, the disease gets cured. Its a neurological syndrome where the psychological believe of the infected person contributes to healing of the infection.
Wow!
Re: Why Is It That Mad Men Don't Get Sick? by otipoju(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2018
I think its because they have lost their rationality and have become like animals who eat and drink all sorts of rubish and sleep in the open air but rarely get sick.

....this is a simple version of the scientific analyses the person above me explained.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Has Low DEATH RATE In Comparison To Europe ~ COVID-19 Hypothesis / Monkey Sugarcane And Its Medicinal Importance / Need A Dentist....in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.