Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? (14098 Views)

See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by kiltoko1(m): 8:16am On Sep 05, 2018
Windscreen violation is an offence
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by oyejideogunjumo: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2018
rosebase:
Hello house,
i want to know if I will be disturbed by either police or frsc from driving it from lagos to ibadan.

Thanks.
Yes. It is against the law. In addition it is risky. It can cause blured vision and if something falls on it,even fruits thrown carelessly like mango and breaks while on speed can cause accident. But more importantly it is an offence.
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by SoulB6: 8:18am On Sep 05, 2018
The last time they catch us with crack windscreen dey delay us up to 5hours after we paid N3000

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by thesicilian: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2018
Donjcco:

Why u dey talk like that,,, its Very necessary for safety measures.. The life every person is worth more than #3000 or more
Not all screen cracks impair your vision. Besides, screen replacement can cost up to 50k depending on prevailing circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by alfajohn: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2018
Don’t mind those hungry road safety guys. What the laws says when I stumbled on it at their website is driving without windscreen or a shattered windscreen. Their is a whole lot of difference between cracked and shattered windscreen. So I have armed myself with it. Am a frequent traveller and have a cracked windscreen. So I will advise you do same. They may likely stop you, but if you produce that document they will definitely let you go. It is from their website and it list all the offences and fines.

2 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by lamalang(m): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2018
Wanna see the pictures first to see how bad it is

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by WavesOfGlory(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2018
U will definitely be delayed, and probably fined. In the future when FRSC begins to bear arms u may just be shot at.

I fixed mine a few weeks back with 8k and now it just looks less obvious- like a pencil mark.

2 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2018
Alvin007:

The FRSC might issue you a ticket.
My advice; Fix the screen before traveling, or travel very early in the morning, or late in the evening.
FRSC are always on the roads as early as you can imagine.
Late in the evening sounds better

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by zolajpower: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2018
No they will comfort you, see question oo. Wait if i may ask you even thete wont be punitive measures taking against u, will you not be happy if your life is safe from any unforseen accident that may occur should u drive a car and or vehicle ?
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2018
rosebase:

thanks
You will be delayed !
Cos they will not collect that N3000 from you. They will ask you to go pay it at the bank .
Don’t let them catch you is the best option

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2018
Edopesin:

FRSC DEY ISSUE TICKET
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by agarawu23(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2018
dingbang:
Just keep 100naira for them boiz..

If you know, you know
#100 for which boiz?

FRSC money starts from 1k. They will frustrate your life despite unharmed.

2 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2018
Omoboricash:
No matter how perfect your papers and all required document, pray you don't fall into FRSC, I was unfortunate to serve into hand of road safety officer, he asked of heaven and earth which I gave to him. At the end he started checking my tire one after the other including spare tire. You cant believe this guy booked me for one expired tire. To God who made me that would be the first time in my life to heard of expired tire. I begged this man but booked me
My advice don't even try it,, no matter what frsc would have one or two thing to book you
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2018
kennosklint:
In Nigeria NO but in other part of the world kirikiri straight
dont be an idiot.
And go to hell with your abroad poo
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2018
rosebase:
Hello house,
i want to know if I will be disturbed by either police or frsc from driving it from lagos to ibadan.

Thanks.

If they stop you, tell them if you have the Right to Life, you also have the Right to Death. It is your Life, not theirs.

2 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by KonafunMaster: 8:50am On Sep 05, 2018
omopoly007:
good day fellow nairalanders,
Pls am in a very tight situation now. Am a final year student in Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, I lost my part time job recently, which left me confused on how to pay for my final year tuition fee,.
I've tried every possible means, it's still not working out. I decided to swallow my pride and cry out here before my school portal closes.

Pls am not lying with this, God knows am seriously depressed now. The remaining tuition fee is 35k.
Pls good people of this forum help me and am also an orphan trying to make life better for myself.

This my number below
O8O.8352.5526

So you have to open a new moniker to ask for help... What happened to your old moniker? Was it banned because of the scam you perpetrated with it?

You thing you're scamming me, you're scamming yourself

2 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:53am On Sep 05, 2018
rosebase:

ok thanks, like how much is the ticket?

WINDSCREEN IS NOT more dan 25k depends on d car, saloon cars are more cheaper, the only issue is if not properly fixed water mater be getting into d car.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by KingMicky3286: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2018
rosebase:
Hello house,

Thanks.

Tell them that it just happened now that you are going to the accessory shop to change it.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by omopoly007: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2018
KonafunMaster:

So you have to open a new moniker to ask for help... What happened to your old moniker? Was it banned because of the scam you perpetrated with it?

You thing you're scamming me, you're scamming yourself
If only I had an account once
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by henrixx(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2018
omopoly007:
good day fellow nairalanders,
Pls am in a very tight situation now. Am a final year student in Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, I lost my part time job recently, which left me confused on how to pay for my final year tuition fee,.
I've tried every possible means, it's still not working out. I decided to swallow my pride and cry out here before my school portal closes.

Pls am not lying with this, God knows am seriously depressed now. The remaining tuition fee is 35k.
Pls good people of this forum help me and am also an orphan trying to make life better for myself.

This my number below
O8O.8352.5526
first it's your final year then you lost your job and then also you are an orphan ...what a coincidence

Your nairaland account sef
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Kayman3(m): 9:08am On Sep 05, 2018
alfajohn:
Don’t mind those hungry road safety guys. What the laws says when I stumbled on it at their website is driving without windscreen or a shattered windscreen. Their is a whole lot of difference between cracked and shattered windscreen. So I have armed myself with it. Am a frequent traveller and have a cracked windscreen. So I will advise you do same. They may likely stop you, but if you produce that document they will definitely let you go. It is from their website and it list all the offences and fines.

You're right bro. i have the same document on my phone which i got from there website. And it has always been my defense line. After argument, they asked to go.
But on safety note, make sure its not crack that will impair your vision.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by boyejo: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2018
I have cracked windscreen and was given a ticket and fortunately enough, the officer forgot to sign the ticket and I have not paid the fine of N2, 000 since then.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Kayman3(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
U will definitely be delayed, and probably fined. In the future when FRSC begins to bear arms u may just be shot at.

I fixed mine a few weeks back with 8k and now it just looks less obvious- like a pencil mark.
can you share how it was fixed or repaired. i think you can only replace.
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by ahamonyeka(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2018
Yes,one will be arrested by the frsc it happen to us yesterday at the toll gate when I was travelling to ibadan frsc had to stop us and delayed us fir about 15mins everybody in the bus has to start begging before they could let us go.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Akabuking: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2018
mtceww, if you can't maintain a car, why did you buy it in the first place?

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Fourwinds: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Edopesin:
FRSC DEY ISSUE TICKET
yes oooo....

them dey do am like say na park u dey grin
Edopesin:
FRSC DEY ISSUE TICKET
yes oooo....

them dey do am like say na park u dey
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Alvin007: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2018
4601CE:
FRSC are always on the roads as early as you can imagine.
Late in the evening sounds better
Not on that road. I ply that route once a week, and I leave Gidi as early as 5:30am.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2018
Alvin007:

Not on that road. I ply that route once a week, and I leave Gidi as early as 5:30am.
Oh
Alright
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2018
So they just issues you ticket without collecting your drivers licence and allowed your to go? Your story weak me.
boyejo:
I have cracked windscreen and was given a ticket and fortunately enough, the officer forgot to sign the ticket and I have not paid the fine of N2, 000 since then.

3 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by prestige101: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2018
Even a cracked side mirror,how much more......

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercedes-Maybach Teases Luxurious New Concept For 2018 Beijing Auto show / Top 12 Least Expensive Cars To Maintain In Nigeria / Upgrading 03/04 Corolla To 05/06

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.