Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

"Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" (1983 Views)

Why Exactly Did The Angel Appear To Daniel In Daniel Chapter 10? / King Cyrus Of Persia And President Trump Of America, Temple Builders / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Ok sir
But answer na
Who did the Bible you quoted refer to as those evil angels?
Throughout much of the time we speak of, among the nations God condemned and scheduled for destruction were also Israel and Judah, wicked nations that did evil in the sight of God, yet you lot continue to brandish an inane theory that suggests demons rule over principalities such as Persia, Babylon, Greece, etc., but not over Israel and Judah. That idea makes little to no sense and I have always wondered why almost 2 billion would fall easily for that illogical claim. undecided

As for your question , ever heard of Metaphors? undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Throughout much of the time we speak of, among the nations God condemned and scheduled for destruction were also Israel and Judah, wicked nations that did evil in the sight of God, yet you lot continue to brandish an inane theory that suggests demons rule over principalities such as Persia, Babylon, Greece, etc., but not over Israel and Judah. That idea makes little to no sense and I have always wondered why almost 2 billion would fall easily for that illogical claim. undecided

As for your question , ever heard of Metaphors? undecided

Person wey de call person delusional?
How's that a metaphor?
Keep shooting yourself on the foot

1. A human prince cannot withstand God's angel. Not even for a week, how much more 21 days

2. It took Michael to intervene so the Angel can send the Message

3. The angel said it will go and fight and fight the prince of Persia and after his departure, the Prince of Greece will come... At this point, Greece was a very insignificant nation, if it actually existed at the time...

You said it is part of a vision
Later you say it's a metaphor

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Person wey de call person delusional?
How's that a metaphor?
Keep shooting yourself on the foot
1. A human prince cannot withstand God's angel. Not even for a week, how much more 21 days
2. It took Michael to intervene so the Angel can send the Message
3. The angel said it will go and fight and fight the prince of Persia and after his departure, the Prince of Greece will come... At this point, Greece was a very insignificant nation, if it actually existed at the time...
You said it is part of a vision
Later you say it's a metaphor
Why can't it be metaphorical particularly since It was spoken of in a vision? undecided

Regarding your statement there regarding the application of the word fight, elsewhere in Scripture you find the statement "fight the good fight of faith" meaning same as " striving to do works of righteousness". Stop hyperfocusing on the delusion your mind has been shackled with. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why can't it be metaphorical particularly since It was spoken of in a vision? undecided

Regarding your statement there regarding the application of the word fight, elsewhere in Scripture you find the statement "fight the good fight of faith" meaning same as " striving to do works of righteousness". Stop hyperfocusing on the delusion your mind has been shackled with. undecided

An angel was sent an errand
On his way, someone withstood him
Someone intervened and he was freed and went to deliver the message
He said he will go and fight the one who withstood him.
Which part is metaphorical? grin

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:
An angel was sent an errand
On his way, someone withstood him
Someone intervened and he was freed and went to deliver the message
He said he will go and fight the one who withstood him.
Which part is metaphorical? grin
Lol... what angel was sent on what errand? Is it really hopeless trying to get you lot to see past your delusions particularly in this case where there is no mention of someone sending another on "an errand" in the entire narrative. undecided

Again why can't it be metaphorical or figurative particularly since It was spoken of in a vision? undecided

Why aren't Israel and Judah, both equally evil nations punished by God, ruled over by demons like your principalities of Persia and Greece are in your religious scenario? undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Lol... what angel was sent on what errand? Is it really hopeless trying to get you lot to see past your delusions particularly in this case where there is no mention of someone sending another on "an errand" in the entire narrative. undecided

Again why can't it be metaphorical or figurative particularly since It was spoken of in a vision? undecided

Why aren't Israel and Judah, both equally evil nations punished by God, ruled over by demons like your principalities of Persia and Greece are in your religious scenario? undecided

The angel was asked to deliver a message or the angel was on an errand by God. What is the difference? Who taught you English?

Keep digressing
Who were the 'evil angels' that was being mentioned na grin

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:
The angel was asked to deliver a message or the angel was on an errand by God. What is the difference? Who taught you English?
Where did "the angel" tell you this? What verse and what chapter? undecided

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where did "the angel" tell you this? What verse and what chapter? undecided

He was to deliver a message from God

God sent him a message to Daniel

God sent him an errand to deliver a message to Daniel

AN English speaking person should not be asking such questions

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■ He was to deliver a message from God. God sent him a message to Daniel. God sent him an errand to deliver a message to Daniel. AN English speaking person should not be asking such questions
Simple question! Where is this written in the context of the passage? I don't speak "religion" so show me where it is written. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 6:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Simple question! Where is this written in the context of the passage? I don't speak "religion" so show me where it is written. undecided

God sent an angel to Daniel to deliver a message but he was withstood by the prince of Persia for 21 days?

Common sense

Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:
God sent an angel to Daniel to deliver a message but he was withstood by the prince of Persia for 21 days? Common sense
Spare me your religious gibberish and show me where this is stated in the passage. undecided
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 4:58am On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Spare me your religious gibberish and show me where this is stated in the passage. undecided

Read Daniel 10 na
Person wey talk say a mere mortal human withstood an angel for 21 days.
Na wa o
Person fit misyan Bible grin
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 4:58am On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Read Daniel 10
Or should I quote Mr Shiny man grin
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 5:01am On Nov 17, 2023
Aemmyjah:
;D grin grin
Read Daniel 10 na
Person wey talk say a mere mortal human withstood an angel for 21 days.
Na wa o
Person fit misyan Bible grin
*** yawn***
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Aemmyjah(m): 5:27am On Nov 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
*** yawn***

Prince of Persia that withstood God's angel for 21 days was the human prince of Persia - Kobo junkie
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Nov 17, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Prince of Persia that withstood God's angel for 21 days was the human prince of Persia - Kobo junkie
***yawn**
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by Kobojunkie: 6:15am On Nov 17, 2023
Back to the main topic, the identity of the shiny man in the vision is a clue to answering of your question. From the description of this character and the impact his presence had on those around including Daniel, this was no ordinary being in the vision. undecided
7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision, for the anashim that were with me saw not the vision; but a charadah gedolah (great terror) fell upon them, and they fled, for they hid themselves.
8 Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no ko’ach (strength) in me, for my hod (comeliness) was changed upon me into disfigurement, and I retained no ko’ach.
9 Then I heard the kol (voice) of his words, and when I heard the kol of his words, then I was in a deep sleep on my face, and my face was on the ground.
10 And, hinei, a yad (hand) touched me, and raised me, trembling, upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
11 And he said unto me, O Daniel, ish chamudot (man greatly valued, beloved), understand the devarim that I speak unto thee, and stand upright, for unto thee now shulachti (I was sent). And when he had spoken the davar hazeh (this word) unto me, I stood trembling.
12 Then said he unto me, Al tirah (fear not), Daniel, for from the yom harishon (first day) that thou didst set thine lev to understand, oolehitannot (and to afflict, humble thyself) before Eloheicha, thy words were heard, and I am come because of thy words.
13 But the Sar Malchut Paras (Prince of the Kingdom of Persia) was standing before me 21 yamim; but, hinei, Micha’el, one of the Sarim HaRishonim came to help me; and I was detained there with the Melachim Paras.
14 Now I am come to give thee binah (understanding) of what shall befall thy People in the acharit hayamim ([Messianic] latter days); for there is still a chazon (vision) for [those] yamim (days). - Daniel 10 vs 7 - 14
Though they could not see the shiny man in Daniel's vision, the men with Daniel fled as great terror fell on them under his presence. Even Daniel could not stand in the presence of this being in his vision. Daniel initially fell to the ground unable to stand and eventually had to beg the shiny man for help so he, Daniel, could speak to him. Even after the help that was given to Daniel by the shiny man, Daniel continued to tremble in his presence. undecided

When Daniel encountered Gabriel, he, Daniel, did not describe experiencing terror of the kind he experienced when He encountered the Shiny man. Leaving me to wonder if in fact the shiny man should be considered an angel as some are quick to conclude. lipsrsealed
Re: "Who Is The Prince Of Persia In Daniel 10?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
Aemmyjah:

God sent an angel to Daniel to deliver a message but he was withstood by the prince of Persia for 21 days?
Common sense

According to Jesus the Prince of the world is Satan {John 14:30 compare to Luke 4:5-7} this means that whenever any country is ruling as world power that is where Satan's seat is. 1John 5:19

So when the Bible said the Prince of Persia stopped an angel of God it should be understood that it means a more powerful angel having authority over the earth is the one being referred to as the Prince in control of the world power at that point in time.

When Satan wanted to introduce religion into politics he used Nebuchadnezzar by making the man to build an image then at the sound of musical instruments all the people must bow (do obeisance) to this image. This is what the world has today as National Anthem but majority don't know what it really means.

Satan knows that his end is near so out of spite he wants God to wipe out everyone in existence so that He (God) would be found as a failure who can't see anyone doing His will on planet earth, with the National Anthem a so called Born Again Christian attending the same church with a Ghanaian would gladly carry weapons to aim at each other after each one saluted the flag of his own country but this are the ones claiming they're brothers in Christ obeying Jesus as Lord (King) who commanded them to love one another just as he love them! John 15:12

So the angel couldn't do anything until Michael (Jesus) who is the commander of all the armies in heaven arrived to rebuke Satan. smiley

Mental Illness Among Jehovah’s Witnesses. / Is Death The End Of The Road? / How Pastor Taiwo Odukoya’s Personal Tragedies Led To His Demise