Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa (9761 Views)

Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:

I can swear you cannot properly articulate what restructuring means in the Nigerian context

All you do is parrot a political buzzword that means different things to different people.

You talk referendum for self determination, in the very next sentence you mention restructuring.

You people cannot even settle on one grouse.

What is hard to understand? We cannot continue with the present structure.

The simplest example is that we cannot elect an Igbo President. Is that fair? Why don’t we restructure along regional lines so that power will devolve to the regions?

It is very simple, less power for Abuja, and more powers to the regions.
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Xander85: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:

Charity begins at home

The onus is for Biafrans to prove they can live in a functional society devoid of their criminal antics.

We wouldn't want to be neighbors with a rogue nation full if devious crooks, we'd rather keep a close eye and hope you all evolve from your genetic disposition towards reckless acquisitionism at all costs.

There's you being clever by half again!

You have a mad man in your home...one that has criminal tendencies...and one that gives your family of morally upright and saintly individuals a bad name in public!

So what do you do? According to neoteny, you keep a vise-like grip on him (even when he's expressed the willingness to leave) to remain with you in your home. When you're asked the reason for this foolhardiness you say the onus is on the mad man to stop his 'madness'!? Now does that sound like the stand of a reasonable person?

Nigeria (a country in which Igbos last held power at the centre in 1966) is the country with the highest number of poor people in the world; a country where basic amenities are either dilapidated or non-existent; a country recorded as one of the unsafest places for women in the world; a place with the worst human developmental indices in the world; a place where murder has become so commonplace as to be rendered unnewsworthy; a place where corruption thrives like fish in a pond; a country in which Yoruba and core northern muslims (who according to you are prime examples of moral rectitude and saintliness) have held power at the centre the most since 1966....we have these facts starring us in the face yet neoteny wants to argue that Igbos are his problem since they're the ones that ruined Nigeria and gave it a bad name!

Check the list of the biggest convicted felons and looters of the national commonwealth and tell me how many Igbos feature in it!

By the way what's your own ethnicity, just so we can see things in their proper perspective?
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
Xander85:

There's you being clever by half again!

You have a mad man in your home...one that has criminal tendencies...and one that gives your family of morally upright and saintly individuals a bad name in public!

So what do you do? According to neoteny, you keep a vise-like grip on him (even when he's expressed the willingness to leave) to remain with you in your home. When you're asked the reason for this foolhardiness you say the onus is on the mad man to stop his 'madness'!? Now does that sound like the stand of a reasonable person?

Nigeria (a country in which Igbos last held power at the centre in 1966) is the country with the highest number of poor people in the world; a country where basic amenities are either dilapidated or non-existent; a country recorded as one of the unsafest places for women in the world; a place with the worst human developmental indices in the world; a place where murder has become so commonplace as to be rendered unnewsworthy; a place where corruption thrives like fish in a pond; a country in which Yoruba and core northern muslims (who according to you are prime examples of moral rectitude and saintliness) have held power at the centre the most since 1966....we have these facts starring us in the face yet neoteny wants to argue that Igbos are his problem since they're the ones that ruined Nigeria and gave it a bad name!

By the way what's your own ethnicity, just so we can see things in their proper perspective?

Neotany, not that I support this igbo man, but I want you to ruminate on what he said and answer his question about what tribe you are from.

I still insist that the igbos should be let go. I don’t like them—just like millions of Nigerians—and I don’t pretend about it so why should Nigeria keep them around?

1 Like

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

I don’t know you. undecided

Who are you?

You don't need to know me but all I need you to do is STFU. You are too slow.
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
schoolboij:

You don't need to know me but all I need you to do is STFU. You are too slow.

Sod off. Simpleton. Stalker.

If I were that slow, you wouldn’t be stalking me around. You must have noticed me from my Alcatraz days, whereas I can barely recognize your digital footprint.

Omo Aja lasan lasan.
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

Neotany, not that I support this igbo man, but I want you to ruminate on what he said and answer his question about what tribe you are from.

I still insist that the igbos should be let go. I don’t like them—just like millions of Nigerians—and I don’t pretend about it so why should Nigeria keep them around?

Igbos have not demonstrated their intentions to leave Nigeria. Ekweremadu is a DSP. Their governors and representatives do not want to leave Nigeria. So why should anyone listen to some disgruntled miscreants claiming they want referendum? You see why I said you are very dull? Who is holding igbos from leaving? You?

Now get off you slowpoke.
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

Sod off. Simpleton. Stalker.

If I were that slow, you wouldn’t be stalking me around. You must have noticed me from my Alcatraz days, whereas I can barely recognize your digital footprint.

Omo Aja lasan lasan.

I don't need to stalk you because your foolishness is like smoke, it soars high. The igbos take your stupid comments to represent the views of Yoruba because they too are too dull like you. Stop disgracing us.

Eranko ikeji aja!
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
schoolboij:

Igbos have not demonstrated their intentions to leave Nigeria. Ekweremadu is a DSP. Their governors and representatives do not want to leave Nigeria. So why should anyone listen to some disgruntled miscreants claiming they want referendum? You see why I said you are very dull? Who is holding igbos from leaving? You?

Now get off you slowpoke.

Without responding to your insults, I would agree that the igbos have not indicated sufficient interest in leaving the country while still disturbing the nation. Certainly, my wish for them to be given a referendum is born out of a desire to see them leave the homeland—yorubaland—due to their toxicity to Yorubas. They hate us and still troop here. And I am part of a new school of Yoruba youths committed to seeing them leave, and they would leave.

What we are going to do with them as a people at this point is what we should determine, we cannot just keep them in the country while shutting them out of political power. If not that they are not a serious people, they should have caused Nigeria more problems and I am sure that as the years go by, they would become more aggressive in their push for power. Then, the country will have to take a stance on their issue. My concern is to ensure that they are shepherded back to their region and shut out of our politics.

Like I said at the beginning, I would ignore your insults.

1 Like

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by LZAA: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:

Igboes are a danger only to themselves, as the civil war made quite clear.

No reasonable nation allows anyone to just wake up one day and say they want to just go their way. And if a referendum is to be held on the basis of Nigeria's territorial integrity, everyone has the right to a vote to either diminish the physical attributes of the country, or keep the geography intact, in spite of igboe malcontent.

So, I have the right to demand that my country is kept whole. And since we're more in number than 5 states, it'd be a waste of resources to venture on a foolish and futile referendum.

And as for your restructuring, well.... Nigeria was operating a regional geopolitical system.

Guess who attacked and ruined it in the 1960s?

Igboes. The perennial malcontents.

Your Ironsi destroyed the old regional system and paved the way for the modern federal structure.

So.

Igboes can't have their cake and eat it.

So so many kids do not know history
The north(plus middle belt) commited all those atrocities during the counter coup bcuz they wanted to leave the union
Up until then no igbo man wanted to leave
After aburi failed there was no basis for ndigbo(who were still being murdered in the north at that time) to stay
Stop twisting facts
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Neoteny(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

Nigeria does not belong to igboes, nor does any geographical expression of it. They have no right to claim a part of the country.

If they want to leave, they can pack their shiit and disperse across Europe and their home, Israel. We can then use the south east to rear more cows.
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:

Nigeria does not belong to ignore, nor does any geographical expression of it. They have no right to claim a part of the country.

If they want to leave, they can pack their shiit and disperse across Europe and their home, Israel. [/b]We can then use the south east to rear more cows[b].

Now you just confirmed that you are Hausa Fulani. But just know that this present structure cannot hold on for long and no amount of arms and ammunitions from Hausa dominated Army can stop an idea whose time has come. Besides, we are no longer in 1967 when the world will shut its eyes to the genocide committed by your forbears against igbos(for all their stubbornness and unreasonableness , they are fellow Christians) and most Yorubas won’t support you this time, at least we Christians won’t support you wipe out the igbos. We would only advocate that they be accorded their rights to self determination.

Outside that, I have nothing further to discuss with you as you are not at fault. The fault is with southern politicians.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wetin Awolowo picture con dey do for the post?
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Neoteny(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

Now you just confirmed that you are Hausa Fulani. But just know that this present structure cannot hold on for long and no amount of arms and ammunitions from Hausa dominated Army can stop an idea whose time has come. Besides, we are no longer in 1967 when the world will shut its eyes to the genocide committed by your forbears and most Yorubas won’t support you this time, at least we Christians won’t support you wipe out the igbos. We would only advocate that they be accorded their rights to self determination.

Outside that, I have nothing further to discuss with you as you are not at fault. The fault is with southern politicians.

Enjoy.

What structure?

Same one that has been existing for 90 percent of naijas existence?

Please!

We all know your grouse: why should the "illiterate" hausa/fulani rule naija?

When the military held sway, you people complained loudly about northern "hegemony" even though IBB, Abacha, Gowon, Murtala, and Abdulsalam were neither hausa nor fulani

Then came democracy and a southern Christian held sway for 8 years and set the tone for the ruinous democratic misadventure.

No one shouted restructuring back then

GEJ came along after a brief stint by Yaradua, and you all made it like the second coming of Christ.

What did GEJ do? He nearly bankrupt naija in addition to losing vast swathes of its territory to BH.

Still no cry of restructuring, but resource control.

Now that PMB, he who symbolizes your pet hate, is in, you're losing your shirts making it seem like naija is a famined war zone even if all economic indices say otherwise.

We can see right through your bigotry.

I'm not a PMB fan, but if the entirety of your disposition is because of his ethnic and religious background, then I say to hell with you and your ilk.

Democracy is a game of numbers. Use that to win your mandate.

If you can.

But stop asking for anyone to hand you a sliver of the country on a platter of gold
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:

What structure?

Same one that has been existing for 90 percent of naijas existence?

Please!

We all know your grouse: why should the "illiterate" hausa/fulani rule naija?

When the military held sway, you people complained loudly about northern "hegemony" even though IBB, Abacha, Gowon, Murtala, and Abdulsalam were neither hausa nor fulani

Then came democracy and a southern Christian held sway for 8 years and set the tone for the ruinous democratic misadventure.

No one shouted restructuring back then

GEJ came along after a brief stint by Yaradua, and you all made it like the second coming of Christ.

What did GEJ do? He nearly bankrupt naija in addition to losing vast swathes of its territory to BH.

Still no cry of restructuring, but resource control.

Now that PMB, he who symbolizes your pet hate, is in, you're losing your shirts making it seem like naija is a famined war zone even if all economic indices say otherwise.

We can see right through your bigotry.

I'm not a PMB fan, but if the entirety of your disposition is because of his ethnic and religious background, then I say to hell with you and your ilk.

Democracy is a game of numbers. Use that to win your mandate.

If you can.

But stop asking for anyone to hand you a sliver of the country on a platter of gold

First, what economic indices are you talking about under Buhari? Are Nigerians faring well?

Second, I am not igbo but yoruba and we have been at the forefront of the call for restructuring right from the days of the military. This has nothing to do with Buhari even though his style of governance has contributed to it.

And lastly, Nigeria will be restructured in our lifetime whether you hold the aces militarily or not. The days of using violence to threaten southerners are gone for good. I hate the igbos more than you do but I think they deserve the right to self determination or at least the restructuring of Nigeria.

What are you Hausas scared of by the way? You have arable lands for agriculture and you are fairly hard working? Why do you want to be joined at the hips with southern infidels always?

I need a sincere answer from you.

1 Like

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Neoteny(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

First, what economic indices are you talking about under Buhari? Are Nigerians faring well?

Second, I am not igbo but yoruba and we have been at the forefront of the call for restructuring right from the days of the military. This has nothing to do with Buhari even though his style of governance has contributed to it.

And lastly, Nigeria will be restructured in our lifetime whether you hold the aces militarily or not. The days of using violence to threaten southerners are gone for good. I hate the igbos more than you do but I think they deserve the right to self determination or at least the restructuring of Nigeria.

What are you Hausas scared of by the way? You have arable lands for agriculture and you are fairly hard working? Why do you want to be joined at the hips with southern infidels always?

I need a sincere answer from you.

Economic indices that show the economy is doing well.

Equating that with the well being of some overly expectant Nigerians who're used to living above their means thanks to filthy lucre from the PDP is like saying why are people poor when GDP is high.

Besides, if the hausa fulani are uneducated savages, why do you need their permission to secede?

Why would such a sophisticated tribe as the yorubas allow themselves to be lorded over by some nomadic vagrants?

Doesn't this make a statement about your own socio political sophistication, or lack of it?
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by resurgent2019: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:

Economic indices that show the economy is doing well.

Equating that with the well being of some overly expectant Nigerians who're used to living above their means thanks to filthy lucre from the PDP is like saying why are people poor when GDP is high.

Besides, if the hausa fulani are uneducated savages, why do you need their permission to secede?

Why would such a sophisticated tribe as the yorubas allow themselves to be lorded over by some nomadic vagrants?

Doesn't this make a statement about your own socio political sophistication, or lack of it?

About Hausas Fulani being uneducated vagrants, that is your word not mine. In the issue of the economy, I see that you have chosen to be willfully ignorant or blind due to your support for the present Government.

Lastly on why a politically sophisticated tribe like the yorubas have not been able to get restructuring on her own, I would ask you to just give it some more time—preferably after 2023. Then you Hausas must kill almost all southerners to keep your beloved Nigeria in this present structure.

2 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Neoteny(m): 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
resurgent2019:

About Hausas Fulani being uneducated vagrants, that is your word not mine. In the issue of the economy, I see that you have chosen to be willfully ignorant or blind due to your support for the present Government.

Lastly on why a politically sophisticated tribe like the yorubas have not been able to get restructuring on her own, I would ask you to just give it some more time—preferably after 2023. Then you Hausas must kill almost all southerners to keep your beloved Nigeria in this present structure.

Ok sir

2023 it is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank To Get Forfeiture Order On Onnoghen’s Funds This Week / See Top 10 Richest Governors In Nigeria (read Full Details) / Maku Apologises To Senate Over Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.