Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation (8252 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone / BREAKING: Apple Becomes 1st Private Company Worth $1 Trillion / World's Richest Became ₦360 Trillion Richer In 2017(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by Almunjid(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2018
biafranation:
JEWS are the wealthiest and most powerful people on this face of this earth. They run virtually everything from banking to Wall Street, Technology and Silicon Valley, Commerce, Pharmaceuticals, Real Estate, Shipping, Healthcare, Hollywood, Aerospace and Defense and many more. From Google to Facebook, to Twitter to Amazon to Instagram, Snapchat, to Ebay, to World Bank, to IMF to Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, Riverstone, to Largest medical centers, top Hollywood producers, the list goes on. THANK YOU JEWS FOR HELPING HUMANITY. Just as you control the world, Igbos will control Africa. THANK YOU JEFF BEZOS! If you hate Jews and Igbos( mean Hebrews, has been changed over the years from Hebrews to Igbos to Ibos) you are derailing your destiny and you will die prematurely!
Mumu. For ur mind now Igbos are Jews. The fact that u borrowed few words from a language does not make u that language. Igbos most have settled close to the Jews in the past that's y they have some words in common. My language borrowed many words from Arabic, does that make me Arab.

If no be DRUGS and MONEY RITUALS wetin Igbos sabi again? Lol

I command u to receive sense!

Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by mrvitalis(m): 11:24am On Sep 05, 2018
johnmattew:
are u dreaming?....apple makes about 90percent profit of smartphone industry

Amazon is not all about e-commerce...they are the biggest cloud computing company... bigger than all other cloud computing companies combined

Samsung makes more profit on the sale of each iPhone than apple

Cos Samsung builds more than 60% of the parts
Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by dgtmedia: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
quote author=martyns303 post=70913713]The most important statement in this article for any Nigerian is this:
"The industry is amassing wealth and power, creating a new order in business where the most valuable resource is NO LONGER OIL, BUT DATA"
At a time in human history, agriculture was the major player for export, then the US had their cotton fields, plantations and all.
Then the world moved on to industrialization, the steel Era, then came the oil boom.
Then the world moved on to Technology
Now we have the data and IT age.
In all of this where is Nigeria? Nigeria is still talking about Agriculture.

You were making sense until your last sentence.

There is nothing wrong with that last sentence. Remember Nigeria economy was once built around Agriculture getting forex from exports of cocoa, oil palm, groundnut etc before the oil boom and economy drifted towards oil as source of revenue. Now the writer is pointing to you that the whole building economy around oil is gradually drifting towards IT and DATA, it is just expected of us to move with the trend and not go back to an era we av once used and passed because trust me, no matter how much u pump into Agriculture today, enough other countries will produce cheaper agricultural produce for their economy. So of what use is it...

And i hear people talking about self sufficiency in agriculture and I will like to ask this question, What exactly is used as a measurement for self sufficiency in agriculture? Because for me, i feel sometimes we just throw around words unnecessarily... This same country where we say we are not self sufficient in terms of food is where i've equally seen people ship large Nigerian food items to countries like Canada for bigger profits...

For me we have never had issues with producing agricultural products, the challenge has always been distribution channels. Go to some rural areas and see how cheap it is to get food items that some even results to waste, but the moment u think of distributing it as a business person, the reality of storage, good road and various taxation moving the goods steers you in the face and you have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by djon78(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
mrvitalis:
America is really funny

All in the bid to be bigger than China... Apple that sale less than 120 million phones and laptop ( that Samsung even make more profit then them) is bigger more than twice than Samsung

Amazon that service less than 400 million people is bigger than alliexperess that service billions

This are just shares manipulation and over blown imaginary figure

It can never be converted to real money any attempt to sale off this shares would see the price drop blow 20% of its present value

Money can't be hidden

Sure these are manipulated and they are not real money. Or liquid cash one has in the bank. Although liquid cash is also susceptible to influx in exchange rate.
Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
Sannisege:
Bros, Shey na data and IT human beings go chop? Mr Man Agriculture can never go out of fashion cos humans must feed basically.

Upgrade Bro.. if not the world will pass u.. it has already started.." Thou shall not live by bread alone...
Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by johnmattew: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
mrvitalis:

Samsung makes more profit on the sale of each iPhone than apple

Cos Samsung builds more than 60% of the parts
lol.......do u realised that apple make more than twice the amount of the manufacturing cost of iPhones?
Re: Like Apple, Amazon Hits $1 Trillion Valuation by holuwashezy(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
mrvitalis:
America is really funny

All in the bid to be bigger than China... Apple that sale less than 120 million phones and laptop ( that Samsung even make more profit then them) is bigger more than twice than Samsung

Amazon that service less than 400 million people is bigger than alliexperess that service billions

This are just shares manipulation and over blown imaginary figure

It can never be converted to real money any attempt to sale off this shares would see the price drop blow 20% of its present value

Money can't be hidden
read the write up again you see Amazon had investment in other sector.

investors have rewarded the Seattle-based company as it demonstrated better financial discipline in recent quarters, reporting record profits because of lucrative businesses such as cloud computing despite aggressively spending on industries from health care to grocery delivery.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5bedroom Architectural Bungalow Design For One Plot Of Land / How To Start Distribution Business In Nigeria With Little Or No Capita / How Do I Export Foodstuffs Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.