Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice (13501 Views)

Gtbank Is Taking More Than One Week To Send Me Telex Copy Of FX Transaction / GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Babygiwa(f): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
So last week, I noticed that the expiry date of my Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) ATM Card is 09/18 meaning it will expire September (this month) so I went over to their branch at Oke-Ileowo/Kuto in Abeokuta hoping to get a new one or place an order for a new one so as not to be blind-sighted.

I was on the queue when one of their staff asked me what I needed, I explained to her and she told me that I can’t place an order for a new one until the old one expired or at least until the middle of September and in any case, I will receive an alert from the bank telling me it has been renewed and then I can order for it so I left thinking it was all good.

Fast forward to earlier this week, I got an alert from GTBank telling me that my ATM has been automatically renewed and I should come over to their Oregun branch to pick it up. Note that I have never been to that branch as I opened the account on the road via a marketer and later took my personal documents to another branch to regularize my documentation for the account.

So I went there this morning to get the shock of my life. I was on the queue once again waiting for my turn when a young man apparently a staff since he was wearing a GTBank shirt and had an ID card with the name OLALEKAN. He asked what I wanted and I told him and he said, they have stopped transfer of ATM cards and I will have to cancel the one that was renewed and order for a new one there which will mean I will have to be charged twice.

I stayed on the queue hoping the lady in charge will have better news. It got to my turn only for her (TITILOPE) to tell me the same thing that it is not the bank’s fault but I will have to pay for a new one and then she flippantly added that “Or you can pick up the other one when next you go to Lagos”

Now people, help me out here oo why should I have to pay for an ATM card twice or why can’t I request that my new ATM card be delivered to the branch close to me like sane banks like First, Zenith, Diamond etc? Hmmmm. Maybe this is why some people call them GBT Bank saying this is why they are declaring profits upandan
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Edopesin: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
I had same problem once

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by IYANGBALI: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wetin concern us? Absolute nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Vanpascore(m): 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
Personally, i hate d bank because of her security, which i was told they ve improved on, and the crowd you see in all their branches

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by vizkiz: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
Lol...You are even lucky.

GTB will charge you for almost anything. Just last week, 200 naira was deducted from my account without any alert charges them still come charge me again for card maintenance and SMS.

Those guys are Modern day criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by YurFatHer: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
That moment u received alert of #10,000

unnecessary bank charges be like

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by flexyrule(m): 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
Op you got too jittery at the expiration of your ATM card, and hence, complicated things for yourself. The bank already know they can't afford to keep you waiting, and proactive measures are being arranged for your pleasure.
Don't be old-fashioned; when you bank with gtb, you have to relax and see things work out for you. Here, you only move a muscle when you have to.

GTB is the best bank in the world; technology de rush dem

17 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by tstx(m): 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
Everybody na scammer for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
I was charged ₦0.00 for the last ATM Card I collected last month.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Menyi: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
Oga,

Did you seek to speak with the Operations Head, or any senior officer? Did you explore the avenues available in the banking hall - I know the bank has raters in the banking hall to address service failure. This is bad press. Now you are reporting to Nairaland. Nairaland Kee you there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by ziondaughter247: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
That was how Sterling bank charged me twice for something I had paid for. I went to their Surulere Branch to complain. I was so vexed, but the idiot customer service was laughing at me( maybe she felt the money was too small). Honestly, I felt very insulted and she still insisted that the bank wasn't wrong. Pls stay away from these idiots. Since then, i haven't transacted with Sterling. Their staff lack manners.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by NobodyKnows(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
Look at you .
They have already told you what you can do .
Go pick it up at Lagos . Or request for another one.
Well, maybe if you drag the matter well well, they can transfer the atm card your desired branch .
Following the thread anyways
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by stepo707: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
union bank charges me for card maintenance fees 52.50naira every month.I complained to them and they said the directive is from CBN. Is it proper?

I also use gtbank master card and i have never been charged for this card maintenance fee...Is union bank scamming me?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Menyi: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
ziondaughter247:
That was how Sterling bank charged me twice for something I had paid for. I went to their Surulere Branch to complain. I was so vexed, but the idiot customer service was laughing at me( maybe she felt the money was too small). Honestly, I felt very insulted and she still insisted that the bank wasn't wrong. Pls stay away from these idiots. Since then, i haven't transacted with Sterling. Their staff lack manners.

Sharap!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
It is well. I would advice you go to their customer service (GTB) in Abeokuta and tell them you want your bank account to be transferred from Oregun where your bank account was regularized back to the branch in Abeokuta, which is your place of residence i guess.
It is likely you will be told to write a letter in that regard for documentation. If not, the same double charges would likely come up whenever your ATM card expires if you don't request for the transfer of your bank account.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by bedspread: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
Not Only GTBank. The Nigerian System is wired to Rob its Citizens and it's High time Speak out!!

A CAMPAIGN AGAINST ORGANISED BANKING FRAUD AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA.

DOCTOR OLUFUNMILAYO WROTE : 'I have lived in UK a few years now and NEVER has my bank ever charged me one penny for bank transfer.
NEVER. NOT ONCE.

I’m sorry. But that 52 naira 50kobo that Nigerian banks deduct per transaction, what exactly is it for?

Why is no one speaking out against this blatant fraud?

Next is the fraudulent “Card Maintenance Fees” by our Nigerian banks. Please how are you maintaining a card that lives in my wallet?

I have about 3-4 UK Bank Cards here. Both credit cards and debit cards.
I have NEVER paid any such thing as a “Card Maintenance Fee”.
NEVER EVER.

The Nigerian Banking Sector is an unfortunately over-bloated industry that thrives on systemically entrenched policies that terribly defrauds us Nigerians and lives on cheating the average citizen of the hard earned money that is entrusted in their care to help save and invest.

You want to send money to someone from your Nigerian bank account and you first have to plan an extra 52 naira 50kobo.

Money that is electronically sent from one Nigerian bank account to another Nigerian bank account

What exactly is the charges for?
Why is this fraud tolerated?

Someone said the charges goes to NIPOST. I want to believe it is mere trolling as it makes absolutely no sense.

Please, How is Nipost involved in an ELECTRONIC money transfer?
Did I put the money in an envelope and post it? Or what?

We deserve better.
This is systemic cruelty.

When I applied for ATM Cards in UK (both debit and credit), I was NEVER charged a penny.
The card is given free.
And “maintenance”, if there’s any such thing, is done free.

IF we never get the chance to see how things happen in other places, we won’t know we are being cheated.

When I applied for an ATM Card in Nigeria, I was charged 1,000 naira to have one.
And I’m being charged some extra regularly in the pretence of an imaginary “Card Maintenance Fees”.

This is systemic corruption and a fundamental banking fraud aimed at impoverishing us Nigerians.

Let’s do a little maths, dear friends.

According to NIBSS, as at December 2017, there was almost 65,000 daily Electronic Fund Transfers in 2017.

At 52.50 naira per transaction, that’s over 3 million naira a day.
And about 1 billion naira a year.

Should this fraud continue?'
pls share it to others...�

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by jarvis4: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
Menyi:
Oga,

Did you seek to speak with the Operations Head, or any senior officer? Did you explore the avenues available in the banking hall - I know the bank has raters in the banking hall to address service failure. This is bad press. Now you are reporting to Nairaland. Nairaland Kee you there

what are you trying to say in particular?Blabber mouth

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by deleo16(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2018