Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice (13526 Views)

Gtbank Is Taking More Than One Week To Send Me Telex Copy Of FX Transaction / GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by MYHUBBY: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
I'm a victim of this GTB illegal exploitation

I have write them tired. they won't ceased to deduct ATM charges in all my withdrawn, when CBN policy said 65 after or before 3 times withdrawal

GTB is not what they used to be, perhaps they ve change their MD. they don't addressed issues as faster as before

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by magicfingers009: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
Seun, Mynd44, don't think the Disclaimer you have on your forum can save you from litigations when you push unverified posts to the front page of your forum. When they hit you, you would provide the poster. Sebi you have all our IP addresses, na then you go know say some of this fraudsters use masked IPs to visit your forum.

I will advise that you desist from spreading lies about brands in Nigeria. For goodness sake, you are a Nigerian entrepreneur and you understand how bad publicity can damage a company's reputation. Why is it so hard to find good news on your FP?

You don't have to reduce Nairaland to some gossip blog. Leave all those crap for the likes of Olorisupergal and Linda Ikeji. Be professional like you once use to be.

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by magicfingers009: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Same way like the forum allowed you to ignore or quote me. You chose the latter.
I still do not see the importance of your comment. If you had taken your time to read my comment, you probably would have seen that my anger was directed to the OP who did not explore all her options to resolve her issue but rather ran here to get solution.

Is Nairaland a sister company to GTBank? Has any of the previous comments aided her in resolving her issue? The issue still persists. Hence she did not come here for solution rather to have her pound of flesh. Her post looks like its sponsored.

Second base please
writerights:

The forum allowed you the choice to either read or pass. You chose to read and you're venting anger again. Well, some of us find this of great importance and the management should do something to such policy.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2018
probably they are hiding the charges from alert system. have u ever call for ur bank statement before, if not do cool

stepo707:

I just wonder why gtbank never charges me

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by MicroSweet(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
First Bank charges me twice for card maintenance, even deducts the VAT on the card maintenance cost from my account too. Isn't this madness?

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
Got my GTB and Access ATM cards transferred from Akure to Lagos couple of weeks ago. Op should calm down and explore other compliant channels before coming online. The way we Nigerians reason sometimes sef, that doesn't mean the banks are not guilty in other areas o.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
magicfingers009:
Same way like the forum allowed you to ignore or quote me. You chose the latter.
I still do not see the importance of your comment. If you had taken your time to read my comment, you probably would have seen that my anger was directed to the OP who did not explore all her options to resolve her issue but rather ran here to get solution.

Is Nairaland a sister company to GTBank? Has any of the previous comments aided her in resolving her issue? The issue still persists. Hence she did not come here for solution rather to have her pound of flesh. Her post looks like its sponsored.

Second base please

I'm surprised you're still on this thread. You were the one who concluded her issue was trivial and she should have saved us her drama, I wasn't. It's hypocritical to then remain in the thread constituting nuisance. Simply because I love her drama and her thread, it's just fine if I quote any comment on it.

Nairaland isn't affiliated to GTB but it hosts millions of people who can pressure any institution to amend its wonky policies. It have done it many times, it could once again.

Bye.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by cardoctor(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
Bank scam alert
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by asksteve(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
NuclearWeapon:
Got my GTB and Access ATM cards transferred from Akure to Lagos couple of weeks ago. Op should calm down and explore other compliant channels before coming online. The way we Nigerians reason sometimes sef, that doesn't mean the banks are not guilty in other areas o.

Why are people making it look like the OP does not know what she is saying.
I also received an email saying transfer of ATM card within branches will be discontinued from September 1st on the 28th august and ATM ready for collection message on 31st of august, hence there was no window opportunity to key into it.
And they expect me to apply for a new card, they are joking.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by suregalluv(f): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
[quote author=stepo707 post=70924921]union bank charges me for card maintenance fees 52.50naira every month.I complained to them and they said the directive is from CBN. Is it proper?

I also use gtbank master card and i have never been charged for this card maintenance fee...Is union bank scamming me?[/quote

I also get charged, too. Keystone bank
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Israelmoney(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
The op is correct that was exactly what I was told yesterday after calling gt connect

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by magicfingers009: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
I think you are the hypocrite here. You can rant but I can't? Anyways, I am in a good mood so there is no need dragging issues with you.

Now run along to your girlfriend.

writerights:

I'm surprised you're still on this thread. You were the one who concluded her issue was trivial and she should have saved us her drama, I wasn't. It's hypocritical to then remain in the thread constituting nuisance. Simply because I love her drama and her thread, it's just fine if I quote any comment on it.

Nairaland isn't affiliated to GTB but it hosts millions of people who can pressure any institution to amend its wonky policies. It have done it many times, it could once again.

Bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by atilla(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hello babygiwa

Sorry to hear about this issue. Do you have internet banks for this account?
See if you can log in then request for the card to that branch or any one else closer

Or maybe you can write a letter of authority for someone else with a valid I'd to go and collect your card and pin for you in that branch.
Let us know how it goes
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by oluwayimika123: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
I really don't understand y some people are trying to bash d op 4 dis post. I actually suspect staffs of the bank doing dis most.

I don't think OP is trying to taint d image of d coy rather it's just an eye opener to anoda form of daylight robbery.
Op categorically said he spoke with 2 staffs and both of den said dsame thing. So I don't see any fuse about that.

What is left is 4 Gtb to tell us if it's true or not whether one can still get dier cards transferred to dem den caution dier staffs buh if it's true, then dey are mad.

Those saying he ought to have explored oda means, after speaking with 2 staffs dat confirmed it to her must be seeing customers mistreatment as a norm ch ain't meant to b.

So GTB SHLD COME AND TELL US IF CARDS CAN BE TRANSFRED EASILY TO ANY BRANCH WITHOUT STRESS AND RESCHOOL THEIR STAFFS

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by safetyInspector(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
Don't rejoice yet, they will surely debit your account for it even if it takes 6 months.
Harbioye:
I was charged ₦0.00 for the last ATM Card I collected last month.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Tomoyayi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
vizkiz:
Lol...You are even lucky.

GTB will charge you for almost anything. Just last week, 200 naira was deducted from my account without any alert charges them still come charge me again for card maintenance and SMS.

Those guys are Modern day criminals.

Gtbank don't charge for card maintenance
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by omofowowe: 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
[quote author=Edopesin post=70924708]I had same problem once[they did the same thing to me]
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by pedologist(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
Babygiwa:
So last week, I noticed that the expiry date of my Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) ATM Card is 09/18 meaning it will expire September (this month) so I went over to their branch at Oke-Ileowo/Kuto in Abeokuta hoping to get a new one or place an order for a new one so as not to be blind-sighted.

I was on the queue when one of their staff asked me what I needed, I explained to her and she told me that I can’t place an order for a new one until the old one expired or at least until the middle of September and in any case, I will receive an alert from the bank telling me it has been renewed and then I can order for it so I left thinking it was all good.

Fast forward to earlier this week, I got an alert from GTBank telling me that my ATM has been automatically renewed and I should come over to their Oregun branch to pick it up. Note that I have never been to that branch as I opened the account on the road via a marketer and later took my personal documents to another branch to regularize my documentation for the account.

So I went there this morning to get the shock of my life. I was on the queue once again waiting for my turn when a young man apparently a staff since he was wearing a GTBank shirt and had an ID card with the name OLALEKAN. He asked what I wanted and I told him and he said, they have stopped transfer of ATM cards and I will have to cancel the one that was renewed and order for a new one there which will mean I will have to be charged twice.

I stayed on the queue hoping the lady in charge will have better news. It got to my turn only for her (TITILOPE) to tell me the same thing that it is not the bank’s fault but I will have to pay for a new one and then she flippantly added that “Or you can pick up the other one when next you go to Lagos”

Now people, help me out here oo why should I have to pay for an ATM card twice or why can’t I request that my new ATM card be delivered to the branch close to me like sane banks like First, Zenith, Diamond etc? Hmmmm. Maybe this is why some people call them GBT Bank saying this is why they are declaring profits upandan

that's exactly what happened to me today, i opened my account at Oke-arin branch lagos but now i reside in kano, they deduct 1000+50 naira from my account and today i visit zaria road branch in kano, they said they stop card transfer, i should issue another card or i will wait till i visit lagos to collect my card.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by pedologist(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
NuclearWeapon:
No, this is for real, it happened to me today, and honestly this is bad policy, or should i say stealing people's money legally

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by AbisolaOba: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
Been having same issue wit Zenith Bank too ..

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by delzbaba(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
there cup go soon full
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by ontolegit(m): 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
Forget the messenger and consider the message.
It's a rallying-up call for institutionalised robbery being perpetuated by the banks in Nigeria.
If you have travelled out you will understand that all these illegal deductions needs to stop.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by janeIBfashion(f): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
QuitNotice:
Op you got too jittery at the expiration of your ATM card, and hence, complicated things for yourself. The bank already know they can't afford to keep you waiting, and proactive measures are being arranged for your pleasure.
Don't be old-fashioned; when you bank with gtb, you have to relax and see things work out for you. Here, you only move a muscle when you have to.

GTB is the best bank in the world; technology de rush dem

oro loso opuro

meaning you are on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by janeIBfashion(f): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
gtb my bank the best bank in Nigeria, followed by diamond
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by calddon(m): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Gtbank is fraud.... I keep saying it

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Dangod123456: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
GT Bank stopped transfer of debut cards from one branch to another for which the public was notified via mail and SMS.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by jamesbridget13(f): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
Dont mind them, they want to steal ur money. All u need to do is either go to Lagos as they said yo pick up d new card or u fill a form tagged card transfer it will enable ur current branch transfer d already renewed card from Lagos to them. It might take 2weeks or so
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
asksteve:

Why are people making it look like the OP does not know what she is saying.
I also received an email saying transfer of ATM card within branches will be discontinued from September 1st on the 28th august and ATM ready for collection message on 31st of august, hence there was no window opportunity to key into it.
And they expect me to apply for a new card, they are joking.

Where in my post did I say the OP does not know what she's saying? Read my comment again abeg
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
pedologist:

No, this is for real, it happened to me today, and honestly this is bad policy, or should i say stealing people's money legally

Didn't say you are lying. We face one issue or the other with these banks on daily basis. However, I am of the opinion that you should have explored other complaint channels before coming online. Your post didn't state how you lodged your complaint.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by amodaade: 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
Babygiwa:
So last week, I noticed that the expiry date of my Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) ATM Card is 09/18 meaning it will expire September (this month) so I went over to their branch at Oke-Ileowo/Kuto in Abeokuta hoping to get a new one or place an order for a new one so as not to be blind-sighted.

I was on the queue when one of their staff asked me what I needed, I explained to her and she told me that I can’t place an order for a new one until the old one expired or at least until the middle of September and in any case, I will receive an alert from the bank telling me it has been renewed and then I can order for it so I left thinking it was all good.

Fast forward to earlier this week, I got an alert from GTBank telling me that my ATM has been automatically renewed and I should come over to their Oregun branch to pick it up. Note that I have never been to that branch as I opened the account on the road via a marketer and later took my personal documents to another branch to regularize my documentation for the account.

So I went there this morning to get the shock of my life. I was on the queue once again waiting for my turn when a young man apparently a staff since he was wearing a GTBank shirt and had an ID card with the name OLALEKAN. He asked what I wanted and I told him and he said, they have stopped transfer of ATM cards and I will have to cancel the one that was renewed and order for a new one there which will mean I will have to be charged twice.

I stayed on the queue hoping the lady in charge will have better news. It got to my turn only for her (TITILOPE) to tell me the same thing that it is not the bank’s fault but I will have to pay for a new one and then she flippantly added that “Or you can pick up the other one when next you go to Lagos”

Now people, help me out here oo why should I have to pay for an ATM card twice or why can’t I request that my new ATM card be delivered to the branch close to me like sane banks like First, Zenith, Diamond etc? Hmmmm. Maybe this is why some people call them GBT Bank saying this is why they are declaring profits upandan

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by bedfordng(m): 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
last time I checked, they have stopped transfer of cards. they now issue premium cards which is instant. this is why they are charging for it since it will be done inside the bank.
don't know why they charge though, probably could be because they have to issue a new card again since the one they charged you for is already made available in another branch which is not close to you, hence producing another one which makes it two.

to avoid double charged, gtbank should stop producing cards before expiry. they should only send sms alert or mail to the customer reminding them of their card expiry and the should go to the nearest branch close to them to get a new card. this way, double charged like this will be avoided since they now produce instant card.
Re: Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice by philkay(m): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Babygiwa:

same message was sent to me through my email that 1k has been deducted from my account last week or so.

since then I have been thinking I would go to their bank to collect my new ATM. however time hasn't permitted me. I hope your case wouldn't be mine because I wouldnt let it go just like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Recharge Card Business.? / Poor Customer Service By UPS Nigeria / Is It True That Polaris Bank Services Have Been Restored?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.