Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,562 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts (25555 Views)

Each Nigerian Owes N396,376 As Public Debt Rises To N87.4 Trillion / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000 / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by jy2kbeyond(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018

Dia Fada, Na me be Nigeria wey go collect money abi. Even the Chinese government knows who to hold responsible. I can't even see any damn good thing or benefit of the 3 Trillion Naira loan. Only about 500 Nigerians ate the goddamn money JEEZ undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Cmiller(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
I, Me and Myself is not and don't accept to owe China on behalf of nigeria.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by emmie14: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
AnanseK:
Deziani Allison Madueke can pay for all of us with her master card and will not feel anything at all.
Dasuki? Abachas? Abiolas? IBB? Obj's? Buhari's? Na only Maduke you sabi
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by egoldman(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

Shut up are you not a " Patriot" anymore? angry
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Saliman22(m): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
LuciferCristi:

As the Chief Zombie of Nairaland, you shall add my debt to yours making N30,000 - ironically, it's your monthly income.

Wow!
Nice, take mine
No problem
I dash you
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by josh25(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
damiloladuke:
For the N3 trillion Nigeria has received from China in the last four years, every Nigerian owes China N15,000 in debt. That’s just N3,000 short of minimum wage, Daily Trust reports.

The debt comes from two huge tranches of aid from China: $3.1 billion in 2014 and $6 billion for infrastructure in the last three years, according to political analyst Theophilus Abbah.

Simple mathematics. Divide the combined total, just over N3 trillion, by the 198 million population Nigeria always talks about: that’s a nice N15,000 in debt to China for every Nigerian.

And that doesn’t even include the loan agreement signed this week in Beijing where China pledged $60 billion in credit facilities, a quarter of it interest free.

Analysts say getting governments indebted to China is the republic’s way of outsmarting the US and the UK in Africa trade

“They are active in Liberia, Ghana, Angola,” minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, told Bloomberg.

“They are throwing money where their mouth is and in very many respect is one area where they have beaten both the US, European and British in things like this.

“Africa requires a lot of development funds; China is able to provide it. Not just provide in terms of money but provide with adequate technology.”

The implication is Africa may be unable to resist Chinese trade and international politics.

Recently, at the World Health Assembly, the US proposed watering down recommendations against breastmilk substitutes and threatened all countries who opposed its stand with sanctions.

Only Russia stood up to the US and saved the recommendation.

A United States lawmaker, Rep Chris Smith, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, said in a recent opinion article that China also uses foreign aid as a “bargaining chip” in corrupt African countries with plenty of natural resources for them to exploit.

“AidData, a research laboratory at the College of William and Mary, argued in written testimony submitted to my committee that China effectively buys the votes of African governments at the United Nations; they concluded that if African countries voted with China at the UN an extra 10 per cent of the time, they would receive an 86 per cent bump in assistance,” the lawmaker said.

Nigeria has accepted the Chinese Yuan as a reserve currency, which will begin to compete with the US dollar.

The US lawmaker lamented that the Chinese in-road into Africa could be dangerous.

“All of these trends—rising levels of debt, shoddy infrastructure projects, and investment that permits human rights abusers to consolidate their influence and power—point to serious risks for the future of the African continent.”

https://lailasnews.com/every-nigerian-owes-china-n15000-political-analysts/

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by zealadjay(m): 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
na who borrow dat money go pay am oooo,
Una no see anoda country borrow or collect frm, na CHINKO na im con enter una mind?
Govt forget say Chiko thin no dey last
NONSENSE!!!
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by edibobo: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
Count me and my family out of this mess. Only the Lifeless one and his criminal gang members are owing
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by josh25(m): 3:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
For the N3 trillion Nigeria has received from China in the last four years, every Nigerian owes China N15,000 in debt. That’s just N3,000 short of minimum wage, Daily Trust reports.

The debt comes from two huge tranches of aid from China: $3.1 billion in 2014 and $6 billion for infrastructure in the last three years, according to political analyst Theophilus Abbah.

Simple mathematics. Divide the combined total, just over N3 trillion, by the 198 million population Nigeria always talks about: that’s a nice N15,000 in debt to China for every Nigerian.

And that doesn’t even include the loan agreement signed this week in Beijing where China pledged $60 billion in credit facilities, a quarter of it interest free.

Analysts say getting governments indebted to China is the republic’s way of outsmarting the US and the UK in Africa trade

“They are active in Liberia, Ghana, Angola,” minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, told Bloomberg.

“They are throwing money where their mouth is and in very many respect is one area where they have beaten both the US, European and British in things like this.

“Africa requires a lot of development funds; China is able to provide it. Not just provide in terms of money but provide with adequate technology.”

The implication is Africa may be unable to resist Chinese trade and international politics.

Recently, at the World Health Assembly, the US proposed watering down recommendations against breastmilk substitutes and threatened all countries who opposed its stand with sanctions.

Only Russia stood up to the US and saved the recommendation.

A United States lawmaker, Rep Chris Smith, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, said in a recent opinion article that China also uses foreign aid as a “bargaining chip” in corrupt African countries with plenty of natural resources for them to exploit.

“AidData, a research laboratory at the College of William and Mary, argued in written testimony submitted to my committee that China effectively buys the votes of African governments at the United Nations; they concluded that if African countries voted with China at the UN an extra 10 per cent of the time, they would receive an 86 per cent bump in assistance,” the lawmaker said.

Nigeria has accepted the Chinese Yuan as a reserve currency, which will begin to compete with the US dollar.

The US lawmaker lamented that the Chinese in-road into Africa could be dangerous.

“All of these trends—rising levels of debt, shoddy infrastructure projects, and investment that permits human rights abusers to consolidate their influence and power—point to serious risks for the future of the African continent.”

https://lailasnews.com/every-nigerian-owes-china-n15000-political-analysts/
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by seunayantokun(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
A borrower is a servant to the lender.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
So the 5k wey dem give na 10k remain lol this country sef I knew as them Dey shake hand na burrow dem burrow carry wife and pikin join
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Lovelife433(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
LuciferCristi:

As the Chief Zombie of Nairaland, you shall add my debt to yours making N30,000 - ironically, it's your monthly income.
animal u want to kill me with laugh pls add my own abeg let d idiot t pay.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by SalamRushdie: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

You are Sir
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by sarrki(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

grin Baba you must pay, for yourself and your children grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by MicroSweet(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
Na China dey owe us... we don patronize their products die
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by puretayo(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
Pls, acct number lemme pay mine now.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by sheguy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
If citizen of Nigeria where serious, this news alone is enough for them to come out and protest against this government and send Buhari and Osinbajo parking.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by sarrki(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You are Sir

Bro how nah ?

God knows am not oweing ooooo

How your side
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by SalamRushdie: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:

Bro how nah ?

God knows am not oweing ooooo

How your side

Hahahahaha...

I dey oo

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Jerrick(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
Come collect am angry
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by badesco(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
I am not government so there I could owe N15k. Did we signed any agreement? No. Na government wahala.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by dingbang(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari is the one who is owing China.. Nonsense. When time reach to pay and he don die, make China go look for am for grave.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Jaqenhghar: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
LuciferCristi:

You want make hunger kill am? shocked
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by islandmoon: 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
me owning what? the money he used to pay Hausa people 5,000 stipend in kastina? how will buhari use my name to borrow money and give people who doesn't like me? I need to take this man to Judge Judy.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by ayaside(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
And that's how Nigeria is being sold.Bunch of useless leaders we got
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by godliman: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
arsenal33:
if past leaders had invested in infrastructure, nigerians will not be owing china today.
A way of excusing buhari.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Jamestown123: 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2018
This is Gbese.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by egoldman(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
Felixv:
Nigeria's foreign reserves stand at about $46bn ..up from what mr jonathan left it at about $29bn --in spite of low oil prices we have managed to continuously increase our foreign reserve

now how much do we owe china --less than $9bn.

there is no other country willing to help nigeria build her infrastructure except china ,and they are also providing the money for that. the IMF along with the opposition politicians are just playing politics.

during the pdp years , Nigeria was selling oil at over 100 dollars a barrel yet there is absolutely nothing to show for it..even the foreign reserves were depleted.

this administration is very prudent at managing the nations resources that even waec is returning money to the nations coffers.

Do you know the price of oil when Buhari took over the government and the price it today?

Do you know where the difference has gone to?

Jonathan government might be bad, but to say Buhari has made things better is an insult to the millions of suffering Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Pennywise(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
By the time we combine that with what we owe America, Britain, Germany, India, Russia I am sure the world will have a new name for us
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by famayo: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
All involved in d borrowing & pocketing will pay with their blood and the blood of their generation yet unborn. Yeye people.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by InvertedHammer: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
/
We are talking about loans and debts....not trade deficit.

Africa is synonymous with debts, grants, loans Every other race has reduced blacks to slaves. Yes. A debtor is practically a slave. France, Portugal, London divided Africa into colonies and had proxy government in the colonies. In this era, they have mapped out Africa into financial colonies and the Asians and Arabs do not want to be left out. I want anyone to convince me that blacks are not less of human beings. Aside of the interests on the loans, mineral resources are used as collaterals. Many years from now, China and the rest will own the oil in Nigeria. Those folks are smart and are thinking ahead while dumb African leaders are trading away their assets for physical cash. Education in Africa is a waste.
Nigeria is giving away resources that Western nations will go to war over. All the analog politicians signing away Nigeria will be dead gone when this hit in Nigeria takes effect.
/

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by jessedaflow: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
Another ipob political analyst grin
Wat do u knw any body dat talks abt this failed goverment is an ipob, guess ur almajiri brothers wondering arnd looking 4 free kunu to drink cant pay 50kb of wat their dulard hv borrowed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: I Swear To Almighty God, I Will Restore Security In This Country / Naira: Tinubu Will Shock Currency Speculators – Tope Fasua / Governor Ododo Helps Bello Out Of Abuja Residence Amid EFCC, DSS siege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.