Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts (25556 Views)

Each Nigerian Owes N396,376 As Public Debt Rises To N87.4 Trillion / Nigeria’s Debts: How Each Nigerian Owes ₦155,000 / Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by sharonkay: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
anybody who knows china account number should send it abeg, i hate owing people. now i wont be able to sleep. which kyn wahala be this...... and i dont want to see nigerian account names o.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by jessedaflow: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
puretayo:
Pls, acct number lemme pay mine now.
0235426852 united bank of china..name dullard daura.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Ugosample(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
frowland:

Even US cannot repay their $30 Trillion talk more of 9ja's paltry $10billion. Forget, its all politics.

what is this one saying?

One, the US govt is not owing 30 trillion

Two, the U.S. economy is buoyant enough to even support debt to GDP ratio of 200 %a feat the US can not even get to in the next 30 yrs

Nigeria on the other hand has a vulnerable economy at the mercy of external shocks, and given these shaky fundamentals, the dullard is still stock piling debt

What if Naira further depreciates and oil prices tank again?

How will Nigeria service it's debts

The country is just full with dullness and USELESS people

Keeping my kids away from that zoo is amongst the best gifts I'll ever give them

Awon rada rada undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by vigrxplusng: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
I want to pay mine, I hate being a debtor.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by TheSpellChecker: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

But your grammar is so poor.

And that can only mean that you owe yourself, your parents, and your English teachers a lot.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by omoelerin1: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2018
I am not included. What benefit do I get from Nigerian Govt?
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Mikeparlo12(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
Akoba Adaba Olohun maje ari.....
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by alizma: 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
as rich as dangote, he is still owing both local and international communities, 15,000 is still small, my concern is where the money is invested.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by icebird25(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
dukie25:
Under Buhari, we have borrowed more money than any other administration.
We now owe every major country even though the IMF says we can't repay it.

So if they can't repay it.. They should just sell the country to whoever they are owing... grin
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
I’m broke now else I’d have paid mine now
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by BanevsJoker(m): 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
flyca:
Let them keep borrowing.
And Buhari loyalists keep hailing him.

Someday, it will do them fiam for eyes!

Every sensible human being knows that there is no free meal anywhere in the world, even in Freetown. China is gradually coming in, one day they'll be back in full force to recolonize Africa. Amen. smiley
No be lie. That's why the US and Europe are paranoid. Imagine Theresa May suddenly touring Africa.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by BanevsJoker(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2018
arsenal33:
if past leaders had invested in infrastructure, nigerians will not be owing china today.
How much has your Lord and Master invested since 2015? Let me guess: sorrow, tears and blood?
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by aghogho62: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Many People Beleive China Is Helping Nigeria But Enslave Nigeria Indirectly. A Time Is Coming That Nigeria Will Not Have A Say Than To Always Say Yes To China In The World Congresses.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by BigBizzy(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

oh really? and you have been following the the lifeless one like the zombie the BMC's are
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
For those shouting am not owing anybody....when you went to buy and its no longer the price u use to buy it....u have started paying it.....that's how you pay

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Peddy123456: 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
sarrki:
Am not oweing a dime

God knows

u must pay weda u like it or not.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by micflo28(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
China akugo aka na tipper bu aja grin... nigerians wey stingy pass anything dey owe una... interesting
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by SouthernEmpres: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
lies all this lies you are spreading e no good ohh. we dont owe a dime to China and person that believes this is just as small minded as the person that posted it
damiloladuke:
For the N3 trillion Nigeria has received from China in the last four years, every Nigerian owes China N15,000 in debt. That’s just N3,000 short of minimum wage, Daily Trust reports.

The debt comes from two huge tranches of aid from China: $3.1 billion in 2014 and $6 billion for infrastructure in the last three years, according to political analyst Theophilus Abbah.

Simple mathematics. Divide the combined total, just over N3 trillion, by the 198 million population Nigeria always talks about: that’s a nice N15,000 in debt to China for every Nigerian.

And that doesn’t even include the loan agreement signed this week in Beijing where China pledged $60 billion in credit facilities, a quarter of it interest free.

Analysts say getting governments indebted to China is the republic’s way of outsmarting the US and the UK in Africa trade

“They are active in Liberia, Ghana, Angola,” minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, told Bloomberg.

“They are throwing money where their mouth is and in very many respect is one area where they have beaten both the US, European and British in things like this.

“Africa requires a lot of development funds; China is able to provide it. Not just provide in terms of money but provide with adequate technology.”

The implication is Africa may be unable to resist Chinese trade and international politics.

Recently, at the World Health Assembly, the US proposed watering down recommendations against breastmilk substitutes and threatened all countries who opposed its stand with sanctions.

Only Russia stood up to the US and saved the recommendation.

A United States lawmaker, Rep Chris Smith, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, said in a recent opinion article that China also uses foreign aid as a “bargaining chip” in corrupt African countries with plenty of natural resources for them to exploit.

“AidData, a research laboratory at the College of William and Mary, argued in written testimony submitted to my committee that China effectively buys the votes of African governments at the United Nations; they concluded that if African countries voted with China at the UN an extra 10 per cent of the time, they would receive an 86 per cent bump in assistance,” the lawmaker said.

Nigeria has accepted the Chinese Yuan as a reserve currency, which will begin to compete with the US dollar.

The US lawmaker lamented that the Chinese in-road into Africa could be dangerous.

“All of these trends—rising levels of debt, shoddy infrastructure projects, and investment that permits human rights abusers to consolidate their influence and power—point to serious risks for the future of the African continent.”

https://lailasnews.com/every-nigerian-owes-china-n15000-political-analysts/

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
aftermath of lifeless CHAINge!
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by amazingspiderma: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
The debt will increase with time because of the inevitable devaluation of the naira. Brace yourselves brothers .....
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by akigbemaru: 4:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
damiloladuke:
For the N3 trillion Nigeria has received from China in the last four years, every Nigerian owes China N15,000 in debt. That’s just N3,000 short of minimum wage, Daily Trust reports.

The debt comes from two huge tranches of aid from China: $3.1 billion in 2014 and $6 billion for infrastructure in the last three years, according to political analyst Theophilus Abbah.

Simple mathematics. Divide the combined total, just over N3 trillion, by the 198 million population Nigeria always talks about: that’s a nice N15,000 in debt to China for every Nigerian.

And that doesn’t even include the loan agreement signed this week in Beijing where China pledged $60 billion in credit facilities, a quarter of it interest free.

Analysts say getting governments indebted to China is the republic’s way of outsmarting the US and the UK in Africa trade

“They are active in Liberia, Ghana, Angola,” minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu, told Bloomberg.

“They are throwing money where their mouth is and in very many respect is one area where they have beaten both the US, European and British in things like this.

“Africa requires a lot of development funds; China is able to provide it. Not just provide in terms of money but provide with adequate technology.”

The implication is Africa may be unable to resist Chinese trade and international politics.

Recently, at the World Health Assembly, the US proposed watering down recommendations against breastmilk substitutes and threatened all countries who opposed its stand with sanctions.

Only Russia stood up to the US and saved the recommendation.

A United States lawmaker, Rep Chris Smith, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, said in a recent opinion article that China also uses foreign aid as a “bargaining chip” in corrupt African countries with plenty of natural resources for them to exploit.

“AidData, a research laboratory at the College of William and Mary, argued in written testimony submitted to my committee that China effectively buys the votes of African governments at the United Nations; they concluded that if African countries voted with China at the UN an extra 10 per cent of the time, they would receive an 86 per cent bump in assistance,” the lawmaker said.

Nigeria has accepted the Chinese Yuan as a reserve currency, which will begin to compete with the US dollar.

The US lawmaker lamented that the Chinese in-road into Africa could be dangerous.

“All of these trends—rising levels of debt, shoddy infrastructure projects, and investment that permits human rights abusers to consolidate their influence and power—point to serious risks for the future of the African continent.”

https://lailasnews.com/every-nigerian-owes-china-n15000-political-analysts/

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by slivertongue: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
[quote author=damiloladuke post=70925135]
this is wat i keep sayin - dat d leaders are destroyin d future wit debts
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by frowland(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ugosample:

what is this one saying?

One, the US govt is not owing 30 trillion

Two, the U.S. economy is buoyant enough to even support debt to GDP ratio of 200 %a feat the US can not even get to in the next 30 yrs

Nigeria on the other hand has a vulnerable economy at the mercy of external shocks, and given these shaky fundamentals, the dullard is still stock piling debt

What if Naira further depreciates and oil prices tank again?

How will Nigeria service it's debts

The country is just full with dullness and USELESS people

Keeping my kids away from that zoo is amongst the best gifts I'll ever give them

Awon rada rada undecided

You are too full of yourself. You and your so called 'smart godlike kids' can remain there for all we care.

First, the so called debt did not start from the 'dullard'. Most started right from your demi god GEJ, who upon 3-4 year of oil boom still borrowed to service recurrent expenses. Nigeria' oil revenue from 2011-2015 stood at staggering 200billion$$. Where was the infrastructure?
Is it not stupiid of your demigod GEJ seeing that he is not a dullard like Buhari? What can you say about that those wise man?

Secondly, regarding US dept compared to nigeria;
If we look at the ratio of debt per person, we see that this number has also doubled in the last decade just like in nigeria. We know categorically that the US now owes $60,890 per American.
Question wise man, what is US per capita to GDP
What is Nigeria's per capita to GDP.
If you know those answers, then you know who the f00lish one is.
Kapish.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Felixv: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
egoldman:

Do you know the price of oil when Buhari took over the government and the price it today?

Do you know where the difference has gone to?

Jonathan government might be bad, but to say Buhari has made things better is an insult to the millions of suffering Nigerians.

Why don't you try to elaborate -tell us the price of oil,earnings and the money budgetted when Buhari took over. Also detail how our NASS destroyed the budget and increased theirs.

we are all suffering and do you know why?

because we refused to build a lasting infrastructure that would help us develop.

A case in point - I did not harvest a single crop from my cassava farm because there is no irrigation near my farm. I have to build my own irrigation system.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Doctus(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
Felixv:
Nigeria's foreign reserves stand at about $46bn ..up from what mr jonathan left it at about $29bn --in spite of low oil prices we have managed to continuously increase our foreign reserve

now how much do we owe china --less than $9bn.

there is no other country willing to help nigeria build her infrastructure except china ,and they are also providing the money for that. the IMF along with the opposition politicians are just playing politics.

during the pdp years , Nigeria was selling oil at over 100 dollars a barrel yet there is absolutely nothing to show for it..even the foreign reserves were depleted.

this administration is very prudent at managing the nations resources that even JAMB is returning money to the nations coffers.

I ask u
is jamb supposed to be a money making venture?
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Ugosample(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
frowland:

You are too full of yourself. You and your so called 'smart godlike kids' can remain there for all we care.

First, the so called debt did not start from the 'dullard'. Most started right from your demi god GEJ, who upon 3-4 year of oil boom still borrowed to service recurrent expenses. Nigeria' oil revenue from 2011-2015 stood at staggering 200billion$$. Where was the infrastructure?
Is it not stupiid of your demigod GEJ seeing that he is not a dullard like Buhari? What can you say about that those wise man?

Secondly, regarding US dept compared to nigeria;
If we look at the ratio of debt per person, we see that this number has also doubled in the last decade just like in nigeria. We know categorically that the US now owes $60,890 per American.
Question wise man, what is US per capita to GDP
What is Nigeria's per capita to GDP.
If you know those answers, then you know who the f00lish one is.
Kapish.

Why is this one bringing Jonathan into this now? ??

I don't remember calling his name undecided

what is this half baked illiterate even saying

"per capita to GDP? "

what does that even mean? grin

America has a highly productive economy with a reasonable dependency ratio, and with corporations across the world that add to their economy

Nigeria on the other hand is a highly unproductive economy, mono economic economy vulnerable to shocks, and a very very high dependency ratio due to the very very high unemployment rates in that $hithole jungle

Who do you then think is in a better position to sustain its debt profile? ??

And just as I said before, the US can still sustsub debt of up to 200 % of their Gdp; which currently stands at just over 105% the last time I checked

And the debt is not up to 30 trillion

cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Slimlord(m): 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
I hate being accused of what I don't know
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Ugosample(m): 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
ezenwajosh:
For those shouting am not owing anybody....when you went to buy and its no longer the price u use to buy it....u have started paying it.....that's how you pay

no mind them

The govt in its desperation can increase VAT and import duties in a bid to raise money ti meet up the rising debt.

When that happens, Nigerians have already started paying the debt.

That time their eye go clear
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by frowland(m): 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ugosample:

Why is this one bringing Jonathan into this now? ??

I don't remember calling his name undecided

what is this half baked illiterate even saying

"per capita to GDP? "

what does that even mean? grin

America has a highly productive economy with a reasonable dependency ratio, and with corporations across the world that add to their economy

Nigeria on the other hand is a highly unproductive economy, mono economic economy vulnerable to shocks, and a very very high dependency ratio due to the very very high unemployment rates in that $hithole jungle

Who do you then think is in a better position to sustain its debt profile? ??

And just as I said before, the US can still sustsub debt of up to 200 % of their Gdp; which currently stands at just over 105% the last time I checked

And the debt is not up to 30 trillion

cheesy
Okon, Per capita to GDP is a measure of the total output of a country that takes the gross domestic product (GDP) and divides it by the number of people in that country. The per capita GDP is especially useful when comparing one country to another, because it shows the relative performance of the countries.
So go back to school you m0ron.
I normally take older members here to be reasonable and mature but I see your stuupidity and arrogance is way out the top.

What do you even mean why I mentioned GEJ? So I should delete the past 60 years and assume Nigeria started from 2015? Wise man my foot.

I initially stated US owes about 30Trillion just for comment sake...even 9ja I mentioned is not owing 10billion.
I simply ruffled the amount but you took it upon yourself to make corrections which is fine, but making wrong accusations as if ALL the debt is from Buhari is wrong and a fallacy. You and your wise kids should remain in those racist enclave.
We all know how 90% of blacks live there. Most are criminals and squatters.
I did my masters both in Germany and the UK, I have a better idea. You fo0l no one m0r0n.
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by 12345baba(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
china ka anyi na ayazi
Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by Jeepi(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
hmm, seriously..

Re: Every Nigerian Owes China N15,000 - Political Analysts by simplesearch: 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
I suppose one strong reason the super-powers will shy away from encouraging any form of secessionist plan or agitation, as it will amount to total loss should we break up and go our separate ways. No longer will there be a geographically defined boundaries call Nigeria to be held to pay back any debt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue News Headlines Today. / CCT Trial: Saraki Alleges Plot To Remove Him / Femi Fani-kayode Hosts Governor Fayose To Dinner (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.