Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Is Your People Pleasing Personality Killing Your Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your People Pleasing Personality Killing Your Relationship? (409 Views)

How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy? / How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? / 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your People Pleasing Personality Killing Your Relationship? by Beke2020: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
Taking care of yourself and conquering your people-pleasing ways doesn’t give you license to stop caring about other people’s feelings — especially your partner’s.

This article first appeared on SHE’SAID’ and has been republished with permission.

Someone once told me she was born knowing exactly who she was, and she’d never had a problem being herself. She said if there was anyone in the world who had a problem with her, that was their issue, not hers. I remember thinking that I’d never been less able to relate to anyone in my life.

As far back as I can remember, I’ve been trying to figure out what people want from me, and then doing my best to give it to them. I grew up not knowing who I was, outside of who people told me I was: the perfect daughter my mother always dreamed of, the bratty little sister who made my brother’s life miserable, the straight-A student, the good mom.

The idea of someone not liking me, or thinking I wasn’t a good person, always filled me with panic and shame.

But what was a “good” person, anyway? As far as I could see, it seemed to entail always putting other people first, never speaking up for yourself, and apologizing a lot.

It’s still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that there are people in this world who are so sure of themselves, they don’t care what other people think of them. I’ve spent my life trying to....see more

https://livelystones.com.ng/is-your-people-pleasing-personality-killing-your-relationship/
Re: Is Your People Pleasing Personality Killing Your Relationship? by Sebbs(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! I Always See Or Feel The Presence Of My Late Dad In My Dreams / Discharge During Pregnancy? How Dangerous Are The Different Colors? / Boy Child- An Endangered Specie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.