Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30191 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 02, 2010
tlife:

Sorry about the loss Siena. Did your airbag deploy during the crash?

Nah, airbags didn't deploy. They'll only deploy if the impact was direct frontal, and the front of the car deformed sufficiently. The crash sensors are directly behind and below the headlamps.

As it was, the impact was on the leading edge of the bonnet, which then broke open, so the impact didn't act on the twin crash sensors.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining!  wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2010
Midas02:

Siena attaboy! , go ahead and give us something new to drool over and while you are at it, , burn a few rings around those arrogant 'M3' brats!. By the way, I keep pining to see you and one of your eccentric creations on a TopGear episode - hanging out with Jeremy Clarkson and 'The Stig'! I will give an arm and a leg to see what the 'Stig' would have done with that B5 RS4 on the track before it was damaged! So,  I hope and pray it will happen with this new creation??

Bro, we all hope and pray. And yes, this new creation will be in direct competition with the E46/90 M3's.

Power outputs will be similar, though I intend to push the boat out further with some choice "additions"  wink (my engine spec's under wraps for now) but I'll have the advantage of AWD.  cool
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Okijajuju1(m): 7:25am On Jul 02, 2010
@ Siena

Sorry bout your your former whip. Glad the accident wasnt fatal. She was a beauty. I always was jealous following you upgrage her from car to machine.
I'll still keep an eye on this one. I wish I could do what you do. Anyways best of luck on your new project and hope she would be ready in time to welcome your new baby (human) into the world.

Hopefully some day I would undertake a project like this. Mine would definitely be a BMW 7 series. (love that car to death).
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 02, 2010
@ Okija: Thanks. This car won't be ready to welcome my baby into the world - was due on Wednesday the 30th! cheesy

Will be interested to see your work on a 7-series Beemer. cool
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kuntash: 7:38am On Jul 02, 2010
Sienna, I thank God for ur life,

Lots of lessons here, Imagine the way you narrated the story, how sweet - especially the part of claiming insurance cover etc, damn, I pity this country Naija, just imagining such a scenario here in Nigeria, I am sure the insurance people would still be looking at their archives by now.

would keep watch on this thread as u build ur Avante (abi no be so dem call am?)
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2010
kuntash:

Sienna, I thank God for your life,

Lots of lessons here, Imagine the way you narrated the story, how sweet - especially the part of claiming insurance cover etc, damn, I pity this country Naija, just imagining such a scenario here in Nigeria, I am sure the insurance people would still be looking at their archives by now.

would keep watch on this thread as u build your Avante (abi no be so dem call am?)

Brother Kuntash, we live in sad times in Nigeria.

I'm glad I got out of this car unscathed, and am keen to start from scratch with a very different base. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by mastro: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2010
Cool, adding my voice to the calls for regular updates.

Hmm upgrade from a 4.2 V8, would the V10 from the RS6 by any chance fit under the bonnet?  grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by nnemak(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2010
Thank God u are very ok… I know ur hands have been busy pimping cars for other peeps… now its would itch more as you start re-branding ur AUDI….

Well wat do u think about a white colour for the new bride! LOL grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Jomodupri(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2010
I'm glad you are not injured and still alive, thanks to the Lord for His mercies and protection.

Would glue to this thread to see how the project progresses.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2010
nne_mak:

Thank God u are very ok… I know your hands have been busy pimping cars for other peeps… now its would itch more as you start re-branding your AUDI….
Well wat do u think about a white colour for the new bride! LOL grin

Thanks bro. . . there is some truth in what you've posted, but we'll leave it at that for the time being.  lipsrsealed
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2010
mastro:

Cool, adding my voice to the calls for regular updates.
Hmm upgrade from a 4.2 V8, would the V10 from the RS6 by any chance fit under the bonnet?  grin

Lol. . .not without serious cutting and welding. The engine will also sit too far forward, so the car's handling will be really poor.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by fizzybaba(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2010
Loving this thread

I like people who are good at what they do

Would have made a bet over my life that u love and drive a toyota sienna.
Audi? mehn!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by darqly(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2010
Feel gutted for you Siena. I asked you once if I could get an outlaw, Said it had to be built. Was actually hoping i'd pick yours in the near future grin
Can't wait to see what you'll churn out. Keep up the good work.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2010
fizzybaba:

Loving this thread
I like people who are good at what they do
Would have made a bet over my life that u love and drive a toyota sienna.
Audi? mehn!

Hahaha! Good thing you didn't bet your life - you'd have lost! grin

Siena's actually my real name, I never knew Toyota Sienna existed til 2007.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2010
darqly:

Feel gutted for you Siena. I asked you once if I could get an outlaw, Said it had to be built. Was actually hoping i'd pick yours in the near future grin
Can't wait to see what you'll churn out. Keep up the good work.

Yes, she'll need to be built from a base B5 Audi A4. I can't wait to get stuck into the new car, still waiting for my baby to make his / her appearance though! wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2010
Today, I picked up a set of 2003 Audi S8 18" wheels. Otherwise known as Audi S8 "Swings" in the United States. These measure 8,5"x18". They are scuffed, but not an issue. I'm sending them off to get refurbished. I'm not going with the stock silver, they'll be powder coated in Anthracite (a dark gun-metal) while the lips will be diamond cut. They'll look great against the I**s ***** paintwork.  wink

This is how they look today, they'll look very different after I've sent them off to get refurb'd, and brought them back. Tyre size will be 245/35ZR18.  smiley

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2010
I've also removed the B5 RS4 front brakes I retro-fitted to my damaged car. Just given them a fresh coat of paint.

The discs measure a whopping 365 x 34mm, compared to the ones currently on my 3,0L B6 A4 quattro, which are 312 x 28mm. My current wheels (7"x16") won't even fit over the new discs alone, so you can imagine the clearance required once the calipers have been fitted. The B5 RS4 runs twin-piston calipers, compared to my current ones, which are single-piston units, and considerably smaller.

Will post pictures up on Monday.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2010
My B5 Audi RS4 front brakes are ready to fit, after I've got my Audi S8 18's refurbished. My current wheels won't fit over these brakes! Here are a few pictures. I've photographed the discs beside a pair of my shoes, just to give an idea of their scale. I wear size 13 shoes, yet the discs are still way larger! wink

Audi B5 RS4 discs, 365 x 34mm:

Audi B5 RS4 twin-piston calipers:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
Glad to know you are aiight.
Sorry about the ride and good luck with the next project.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2010
Thanks bro.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kuntash: 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2010
Siena, why paint the brake calipers? I ve tried avoiding this after so many persuasions,
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2010
kuntash:

Siena, why paint the brake calipers? I ve tried avoiding this after so many persuasions,

Kuntash, the B5 RS4 calipers are painted as standard. Colours are black or red, depending on the exterior colour. Mine were black, but red will suit the new colour scheme of the car, as well as the new wheels.

Regular B5 / B6 A4 calipers are unpainted, and come in silver.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kuntash: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2010
what I meant was - is it a must for audi or for any car- or better rephrased, when benefit does it give aside making it look flashy ? (in my opinion) , just sent u an im on yahoo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by blacksta(m): 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2010
Siena - Thank God for your life - hopefully you got compensation from the rogue driver insurance company. if not please get in touch with those no win no fee lawyers fast . Hope fully you will get money and buy a brand new rs4 estate and save some stress building car from scratch . lol
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2010
blacksta:

Siena - Thank God for your life - hopefully you got compensation from the rogue driver insurance company. if not please get in touch with those no win no fee lawyers fast . Hope fully you will get money and buy a brand new rs4 estate and save some stress building car from scratch . lol

Thanks bro. I got paid well, thank God for fully comprehensive insurance, with an agreed value policy!

As for building a show car, I enjoy it, it's no stress to me at all. I could well buy an RS4, but it wouldn't be unique, it'll be just like any other RS4.

Watch this space!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
kuntash:

what I meant was - is it a must for audi or for any car- or better rephrased, when benefit does it give aside making it look flashy ? (in my opinion) , just sent u an im on yahoo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It's not a must for any car to have painted brake calipers, no.

There's more to them being painted though - unpainted calipers will rust, and the rust coming though the spokes of your nice shiny alloy wheels will etch them, making them look unsightly. It's no different to having steel suspension components, steel engine sump, cast iron engine blocks painted from the factory. They'll rust if left exposed, so yes, there are benefits. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chika98: 12:15am On Jul 06, 2010
So how long do you reckon this project will take you to finish?
Sucks to hear about your other car. I remember when you were working on it as well
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ Sienna

Still on Kuntash's question.

Where the calipers bought like that or did you paint it yourself.
And also please indicate the price of purchase for the parts you would be fitting on your new project as you never know, you just might have someone interested in replicating your work.

ITEMS SO FAR

1. Wheels
2. Break Calipers
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
Okija_juju:

@ Sienna

Still on Kuntash's question.

Where the calipers bought like that or did you paint it yourself.
And also please indicate the price of purchase for the parts you would be fitting on your new project as you never know, you just might have someone interested in replicating your work.

ITEMS SO FAR

1. Wheels
2. Break Calipers

The prices will vary, so won't be helpful to anyone wanting to replicate. I got both the wheels and calipers from a friend, but it was a barter trade. wink

The calipers were black when I got them, I painted them myself, with caliper paint. You shouldn't paint them with normal paint, as brake dust is hot, and will etch them.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
chika98:

So how long do you reckon this project will take you to finish?
Sucks to hear about your other car. I remember when you were working on it as well

How long will this project take? It depends. It could take 3 weeks, it could take 3 months. I've got a very busy schedule, and a new baby due any day now, so a lot of variation. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by bigfather(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
Siena:

How long will this project take? It depends. It could take 3 weeks, it could take 3 months. I've got a very busy schedule, and a new baby due any day now, so a lot of variation. smiley

That one na DOUBLE BARREL of blessings o shocked ! Congrats my brother and more blessings ! grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chika98: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
Siena:

How lovely! cheesy
You lot are so cute! Congrats and best of wishes to you both smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.