Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30195 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chyjoke1(m): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2011
Yes sir, it starts the car now but does not open the doors
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 31, 2011
^^^ Then it's either not been programmed correctly, or the transmitter is the wrong frequency for your car. Do you know what year the new key is for? Was it brand new, or used?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chyjoke1(m): 10:10am On Mar 31, 2011
Yes sir I bought the key brand new from amazon.com. If it is a wrong frequency, what options are available. Someone mentioned something about transmitter/reciever. Don't know how true that may be.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 31, 2011
chyjoke1:

Yes sir I bought the key brand new from amazon.com. If it is a wrong frequency, what options are available. Someone mentioned something about transmitter/reciever. Don't know how true that may be.

That's my thinking too. The receiver is built into your car. The transmitter in the remote key fob. The operating frequency must match between both, else it won't work. For example, Audi from 2001 - 2008 operate on a frequency of 315MHz, while later models from 2008> operate on a frequency of 431MHz. The key shells may look the same, but they are not compatible!

Your 2010 Toyota Camry operates on a frequency of 433.92MHz, though I'll need to see a picture of your fob, to be sure.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2011
I would also appreciate it, if you could start a fresh thread, and let me know where it is, thanks.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Rugga: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2011
Hello siena,

i really luv the audi, and your new project. i drive a 98 A4 1.8l engine, and i am havin problems with my power steering pump. Dont knw if i could get one from your end. eagerly awaiting your reply, Kolber84@yahoo.com
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 09, 2011
^^^ Email sent.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Rugga: 9:14am On Apr 09, 2011
Thanks, jus sent a reply, this is my ride,

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by lungwun(m): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2011
Hi Siena, In a month or so, i'll be looking to purchase a vehicle, price range circa 4000 quid. I have considered the Audi A4 B6, the Mercedes C-class W203, the VW Golf A5 and the VW Jetta A5 (I actually prefer the A5 Jetta over the A5 Golf cause it has the signature R32 grille).
My question is, in terms of reliability and repair costs, which of these will go easier on the wallet?
I know u are slightly biased towards Audi and i didnt really like them before but after seeing yours and a stonking A4 sedan with a custom body-kit on the M11 yesterday, i had to add it to the list.

P.S i will be buying an auto tranny. grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by splendore(m): 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2011
Hello Siena, reading through your thread is really inspiring,thanks a lot. I have this challenge with my 03 camry and i was wondering if you could help me out. I just changed the gearbox of my wife's car and its has been misbehaving. Since i changed the gearbox,the fifth gear has not been selecting ,even at 120km/hr as a result i cant even travel with it! I have drained ATF severally and my mechanic has worked on it still no improvements. Could you please give your advice on this? this is my email theodoreobi@hotmail.com
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by lukkie(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2011
Post deleted at Siena's request.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 10, 2011
Lukkie, please open a fresh thread for your query, and I'll answer there. This thread will be well and truly derailed otherwise.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by lukkie(m): 10:45pm On May 10, 2011
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by SimonTemp(m): 4:45pm On Jul 15, 2011
Siena,

Please i need to consult you an auto decision. How can i reach you. My email is ksimontemplar@gmail.com
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2011
My apologies for my long silence on here, I've had my hands pretty full the past couple of months.

My car's having a full detail carried out on Wednesday the 27th July, and the windows are being tinted on Friday the 29th July. The detailing process will be carried out as thus:

* Complete chemical wash
* Door shuts washed
* Detail dry
* Paint work inspected
* Paint work treated with claybar
* Body work is machine polished with suitable compound
* A wax is chosen and applied with hand
* Wax is pushed in by machine
* Lights are treated with plastic polish
* All exterior darkwear treated
* Alloy wheels polished and waxed
* Tyre detail
* Interior/exterior glasswear polished
* Leather treated with hide food
* Carpets vacuumed, then deep shampooed
* Head lining shampooed
* Luggage compartment vacuumed, then shampooed
* Dash. centre console, steering wheel and under seats deep cleaned, then treated with detail spray
* Detail spray layer applied to remove dust or finger prints
* Zaino 8 final layer to complete the detail process

Detailing is a process way above a full car valet, and is often done prior to selling a car, preparing for show display, or simply to achieve an "as new" look. Clay bar treatment is a process by which swirl marks, or imperfections on paintwork are removed. It is also ideal to "flat" new paintwork, before final waxing is done. In my case, I've opted to have the entire car machine polished after the clay, prior to waxing.

For the window tinting, here in the UK, there are no issues with after market tints, you can go as dark as you like, as long as the front screen and front side windows are minimum 70/75%. I've opted for limo black on the rear screen (5%) and dark smoke for the rear sides (20%).

I'll post pictures during, and after the entire processes.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2011
Today, Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro received a thorough detailing. The detailer arrived at 08:30, and the work lasted till 16:45. So a very long day. The weather looked gloomy and overcast, but luckily, the rain held off, and the sun came out. The whole session would have had to be cancelled otherwise, which would have meant the window tinting session slated for Friday the 29th would have had to shift too.

I wasn't sure how my car would come out, so was pleasantly surprised. It looks great, and I was able to finally fit the new badges to the sides and rear, I removed the old ones before I did the colour change. Some pictures below:
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2011

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
I could just as well clean the car myself, some may say. But believe it or not, a regular clean is all most of us would do. A full valet, or going further with a proper detailing session, is probably beyond the scope of what the average car user could manage with ordinary car shampoo and assorted cleaners.

A full valet can add value to a car, in preparation for sale. A dirty car creates an impression of neglect, and could lead potential buyers to wonder what other aspect of the car's maintenance has been neglected. A full detailing session goes further than a valet, and is great for car sale preparation, though more commonly carried out on vehicles undergoing show or concourse preparation.

My next car will receive a full detailing session, before I even begin to use it. A brand new car leaves the factory with imperfections in the paint, and may not be visible to most of us, but eagle-eyed car enthusiasts will spot orange peel effect, tiny imperfections under the paint, swirl marks from when the car was valeted prior to handing it over to the buyer. A 3-year-old car will have swirl marks, tiny scratches, blemishes etc. A claybar, machine polish and finally a good hand wax will remove these. Imperfections are particularly visible on dark coloured cars, where the dark paintwork is very reflective. The darker the colour, the less forgiving the paintwork is at hiding blemishes and scratches.

Next pictures will feature the car, after the windows have been tinted. Thanks for reading!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2011
my comments:- I WANT TO BUY THIS VEHICLE. Siena, what's the deal?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
k2wise:

my comments:- I WANT TO BUY THIS VEHICLE. Siena, what's the deal?

Lol. . .all depends on where you are.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2011
Presently in Nigeria, will be attending a 3 day seminarĀ  from 13th of August in the UK, At least I should see you and feed my eyes and take some nice shots with the vehicle and post here on NL.

will get your contact before then.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ No worries.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
Yesterday at 08:30, I dropped my car off to get the windows tinted. Was told it would be ready by 15:30. I left home in a courtesy car by 15:00 to collect her, and got a call to say it was ready earlier than expected.

Some pictures:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2011
More. . .

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
And more. . .

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
And yet more. . .

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2011
Overall, I'm happy with the new look, she's evolved so far from her original look, when I first bought her. Apart from the obvious aesthetic appeal, the darker glass keeps the interior of the car cooler. My baby daughter doesn't have to suffer the sun shining directly onto her face, when we go out. It also gives a greater degree of privacy, protecting rear seat passengers from prying eyes.

For reference, the rear screen is as dark as you can get - Limo Black (5%) while the sides are Dark Smoke (18%). The fronts are the standard Audi factory tint, with the front doors at 70%, while the windshield is 75%.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.