Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? (712 Views)

Busty Lady Receives Money On Her Breasts As She Outdances A Bride At A Wedding / A Bride Looking At Her Husband As He Eats At Their Wedding (Photos) / Caption This Photo Of A Bride And Groom And Their Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by avled(m): 1:47am On Sep 07, 2018
I recently asked a question on what is the youngest age a bride would be for a 40 year old man. One of the comments mentioned about paying the bride price. I am now asking what is the typical bride price and how is the price calculated for the type of girl you may be interested in?
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by nanauju(f): 2:07am On Sep 07, 2018
Go to her village and ask her father!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by avled(m): 2:51am On Sep 07, 2018
nanauju:

Wow! This is the best answer you can give.
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by slivertongue: 3:01am On Sep 07, 2018
There is no standard price list. price differs from place to place. they fluctuate like NEPA light. so b specific

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by Hanji(m): 3:39am On Sep 07, 2018
Igbo-500,000 and above yoruba-300,000 and below hausa- 2 cows will do d magic
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by chiommy123(f): 4:07am On Sep 07, 2018
Bride price differs even in Igbo land its not the same. But you need to be prepared FINANCIALLY and otherwise

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by RevenGeMission: 4:19am On Sep 07, 2018
Very simple and straight forward
nanauju:
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by avled(m): 6:28am On Sep 07, 2018
slivertongue:
There is no standard price list. price differs from place to place. they fluctuate like NEPA light. so b specific

So Im asking can you give me a breakdown of what to normally expect in paying a bride price
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by avled(m): 6:28am On Sep 07, 2018
chiommy123:
Bride price differs even in Igbo land its not the same. But you need to be prepared FINANCIALLY and otherwise

What does it all entail?
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by chiommy123(f): 6:37am On Sep 07, 2018
avled:

What does it all entail?
it differs. Where I come from bride price is inside the list but its btw you and your in laws. Maybe negotiated too
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by Shugavee(f): 6:39am On Sep 07, 2018
Hanji:
Igbo-500,000 and above
yoruba-300,000 and below
hausa- 2 cows will do d magic
where I am from , Igbo is 10k n a graduate is 15k , 20k , n more than half of the money is returned back to you, it’s things u buy n the party that may sum up to 500k not the bride price

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by IamPlato(m): 6:53am On Sep 07, 2018

Eastern Nigerian Girls Are The Hottest and Finest. Budget At Least 10Million...

Yoruba girls Too Her Hot but You Will Do More Of Postrating for The Father than Paying... Except You Want To Marry A Yoruba Slayqueen then You Are Finished
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by Bluezy13(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2018
A man asking for bride price on a social platform...

...is still a child.
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by nanauju(f): 11:02am On Sep 07, 2018
Bluezy13:
A man asking for bride price on a social platform...

...is still a child.

He's not a Nigerian
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by avled(m): 4:46am On Sep 08, 2018
nanauju:

He's not a Nigerian

So is paying for your wife a must in this country? And who then pays for the wedding? Typically in America, in traditional circles, the cost of the wedding is placed on the father of the bride.
Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by nanauju(f): 8:31am On Sep 08, 2018
avled:

So is paying for your wife a must in this country? And who then pays for the wedding? Typically in America, in traditional circles, the cost of the wedding is placed on the father of the bride.

I don't know how it's done in USA but Nigeria does not operate a unified traditional system. There are different cultures and traditions here.
Whoever you take as ur bride should be able to put you through her own tradition and marriage custom, because what obtains in one culture, is way different in another, so be prepared for the culture shock.
But in all, I think the man pays for the bride price. How little or big u pay, is dependant on the culture you're getting married to, and offcourse the bride's family play key role determining this.
As for cost of wedding, the man and woman can pull funds together with family members supporting, in the case where the woman is not financially buoyant, and the man is, he can decide to foot the bills

1 Like

Re: What Is The Normal Price For A Bride? by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 08, 2018
Shugavee:
where I am from , Igbo is 10k n a graduate is 15k , 20k , n more than half of the money is returned back to you, it’s things u buy n the party that may sum up to 500k not the bride price

Am assuming that's different from the list.

(1) (Reply)

In a Man's Life: Who Comes First, The Mother Or The Wife? / Should A Boy Aged 18 be Allowed To Live Alone / Oxford Student Lulu Jemimah Gets Married To Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.