Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? (6706 Views)

China’s Car Brand, Aiways U5 All Electric SUV Is Set To Debut In Europe / Abu Dhabi-based Tawazun Invests ₦45b In Russian Aurus Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by MrMcJay(m): 1:01am On Sep 11, 2018
mogreen22:
What I did in my corrola was to install an am amplifier and subwoofer, changed my head unit as well. Trust me, no mecerdez can match the sound coming out from my car. Wish I could post a video when they were installing it. Job was done very neat. Changed my stock speakers to Sony xplod.as well. I was able to screen grab my Snapchat, let me post. That's his store when I went to select woofers

You've obviously never owned a new model Benz.
You'll hear sound and be turning around, looking for who is beating drums behind you.

OP, the best sound I ever ever came across was a 2017 Range Autobiography LWB. Obviously not in your budget.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Fogman(m): 4:35am On Sep 11, 2018
austin4real:
Lexus has a good surround sound system, if you can get an XLE Toyota with the JBL sound you won’t regret. I’m using a Honda Accord 07 (DC), I’m very disappointed with the sound so I’m quite surprised pple are praising the Honda EOD sound system...

I have same car and my sound system is out of this world. Honda Accord sound system rocks

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 11, 2018
MrMcJay:

You've obviously never owned a new model Benz.
You'll hear sound and be turning around, looking for who is beating drums behind you.

OP, the best sound I ever ever came across was a 2017 Range Autobiography LWB. Obviously not in your budget.

Exactly. 5.1 surround sound, u will be hearing drum by ur right, guiter by ur left, piano behind u and voice right in front of u. Pretty sure this op hasn't been in a car with real premium audio, no be just bass and treble.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by ivoryhouse(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2018
erico2k2:

As standard?
I dnt think so
Yes sir,as a factory option, you can get subs in chargers, challengers, wranglers and others. feel free to look it up
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Readonee35L(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
erico2k2:

As standard?
I dnt think so
Chrysler , Dodge , Jeep (all under same parent )
Their base v6 sxt comes with Beats Audio
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
Personally I feel those subwoofers are only good for suv because considering the amount of sound and vibration they would generate while playing. If a cars frame is not proper in place like say a sedan it just might start falling apart as a result
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nixxxx:
Personally I feel those subwoofers are only good for suv because considering the amount of sound and vibration they would generate while playing. If a cars frame is not proper in place like say a sedan it just might start falling apart as a result

Depends on the car.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nixxxx:

Depends on what u really want. Do u want ur music to be enjoyed more by people outside the car (people on the street) or people inside the car at high volume? Most stock premium stereo are tuned so the music is enjoyed by people inside the car. U get to hear everything details, every sound. Voice and beats at optimum level without people on the street hearing much even at high volume, while most afternarket subwoofers are tuned such that people outside hear what's playing in ur car. Someone can literally hear the music in ur car from half a mile away.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by mejai(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
greenhulk:

Depends on what u really want. Do u want ur music to be enjoyed more by people outside the car (people on the street) or people inside the car at high volume? Most stock premium stereo are tuned so the music is enjoyed by people inside the car. U get to hear everything details, every sound. Voice and beats at optimum level without people on the street hearing much even at high volume, while most afternarket subwoofers are tuned such that people outside hear what's playing in ur car. Someone can literally hear the music in ur car from half a mile away.
Word!!! These days to blast music no dey reign again. Men dey use Ac, so no one cares or notices.

3 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by mejai(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
greenhulk:

Word!!! These days to blast music no dey reign again. Men dey use Ac, so no one cares or notices.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by kingreign(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
captainking:

op...quote me anywhere,,,honda accord to me has the best sound system..damn....my eod sound system is off the roof..even my former babyboy sound system beats that of toyota camry muscle....all the honda accord i have seen from 1998 upwards have a sound system second to none...
listen to the audio output from an Audi A6 or a Volvo S60 you'd rephrase that comment.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2018
kingreign:
listen to the audio output from an Audi A6 or a Volvo S60 you'd rephrase that comment.
i need to listen to it... Anyways..its my love for Honda thats speaking.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
captainking:

op...quote me anywhere,,,honda accord to me has the best sound system..damn....my eod sound system is off the roof..even my former babyboy sound system beats that of toyota camry muscle....all the honda accord i have seen from 1998 upwards have a sound system second to none...

EOD sound system is decent but it doesn't even have a subwoofer. Decent is the word, great? I don't think so. With just 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, no surround sound. Can't be compared with Bose system on 1997 Nissan Maxima.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2018
greenhulk:

EOD sound system is decent but it doesn't even have a subwoofer. Decent is the word, great? I don't think so. With just 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, no surround sound. Can't be compared with Bose system on 1997 Nissan Maxima.
really??
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2018
captainking:
really??

Yes really. I've used EOD and the sound cannot be compared to a Maxima with boss audio. Now I use 05 Acura TL and the audio is great. 8 speakers with surround sound and a subwoofer.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by kingreign(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Exactly. 5.1 surround sound, u will be hearing drum by ur right, guiter by ur left, piano behind u and voice right in front of u. Pretty sure this op hasn't been in a car with real premium audio, no be just bass and treble.
5:1 surround systems are mostly used in box shaped enclosures such as living rooms. This set up includes 4 mid range speakers, 1 tweeter making the sum 5. Then a subwoofer making 1. This gives it a ratio of 5:1 and it's arranged in such a way that the listeners are placed right in the centre. In automobiles audio engineering and designs, the systems may be more than 6 speakers. I know of a car with 18 speakers as standard.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by kingreign(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Automobile Audio system designs and integration goes beyond creating Bass and trebbles and tweet and mid ranges. This is cos of the irregular shapes of cars and their glass components. If these factors aren't taken into consideration, distortion and harmonic unbalance will be the resultant output. The sound engineers tuning most premium audio systems do go thru alot of stress in using sound dampers and sound enhancers where they seem fit so as to create a balanced natural sound with great crisp clearity in the cars they do tune.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
greenhulk:

Yes really. I've used EOD and the sound cannot be compared to a Maxima with boss audio. Now I use 05 Acura TL and the audio is great. 8 speakers with surround sound and a subwoofer.
awesome...seems like i would go for the acura as my next car,..any idea if it has the same leg issues??
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
captainking:

awesome...seems like i would go for the acura as my next car,..any idea if it has the same leg issues??

I don't see too many Acura TL on the road so it's difficult to know if they have the leg issues. I can't use my own far to judge because I used EOD for 4 yrs without having leg issues, so I don't expect my Acura to have any leg issues.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
kingreign:

5:1 surround systems are mostly used in box shaped enclosures such as living rooms. This set up includes 4 mid range speakers, 1 tweeter making the sum 5. Then a subwoofer making 1. This gives it a ratio of 5:1 and it's arranged in such a way that the listeners are placed right in the centre. In automobiles audio engineering and designs, the systems may be more than 6 speakers. I know of a car with 18 speakers as standard.

Actually 5.1 surround requires 6 speakers set up. 1 center speaker, 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers and 1 subwoofer. The ELS audio on Acura TL has this set up, the center speaker is placed on the dashboard. However some systems have 7.1 surround sound with 2 additional side speakers added to the 5.1. Some cars have multiple speakers e.g the Harmon kardon audio on SRT viper has 18 speakers.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by 735i(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
OP...the answer to your question depends on your budget...

Someone has mentioned a 2017 RR Autobiography..
Yet another an SRT Viper....
Mercedes Benz is in its own league....
I can speak to Lexus's Mark Levinson....
More than one person has mentioned the EOD which i belive is also decent considering that I've used it before....
So The question is...
Egole ka iji?
"How much you get?"
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2018
greenhulk:

I don't see too many Acura TL on the road so it's difficult to know if they have the leg issues. I can't use my own far to judge because I used EOD for 4 yrs without having leg issues, so I don't expect my Acura to have any leg issues.
My friend used the acura 2002 and had the leg pulls.. For acura tl.. I love that car
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2018
captainking:

My friend used the acura 2002 and had the leg pulls.. For acura tl.. I love that car

Too bad. Me I've used 4 different Honda, no leg pull. Maybe because I'm very observant, u can't hear any noise on my wheels.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 8:18am On Sep 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Too bad. Me I've used 4 different Honda, no leg pull. Maybe because I'm very observant, u can't hear any noise on my wheels.
same here for me..he admitted to have seen and heard the signs but he kept on managing it till it caved
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Rindo69: 8:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Depends on the trim level of the car, For example, Lexus comes with their base level stereo system while some have the Mark Levinson System installed which sounds better and this is the same for all car brands. Mercedes have Harman-Kardon as option, while Toyotas have JBL as options.
SO which car brand has the best stereo sound systems? All car brands have the best stereo system only if you are lucky to have it installed
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2018
Wow you seem to know a lot man, are you an engineer?
kingreign:

Automobile Audio system designs and integration goes beyond creating Bass and trebbles and tweet and mid ranges. This is cos of the irregular shapes of cars and their glass components. If these factors aren't taken into consideration, distortion and harmonic unbalance will be the resultant output. The sound engineers tuning most premium audio systems do go thru alot of stress in using sound dampers and sound enhancers where they seem fit so as to create a balanced natural sound with great crisp clearity in the cars they do tune.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2018
From all indications I am shifting towards Acura and Honda majorly because it's cheaper but some one mentioned the stereo on nissan and Infiniti the bose stereo system I don't know if it's better than the Honda because people have praise it a lot on you tube. Al
735i:
OP...the answer to your question depends on your budget...

Someone has mentioned a 2017 RR Autobiography..
Yet another an SRT Viper....
Mercedes Benz is in its own league....
I can speak to Lexus's Mark Levinson....
More than one person has mentioned the EOD which i belive is also decent considering that I've used it before....
So The question is...
Egole ka iji?
"How much you get?"
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2018
Nixxxx:
From all indications I am shifting towards Acura and Honda majorly because it's cheaper but some one mentioned the stereo on nissan and Infiniti the bose stereo system I don't know if it's better than the Honda because people have praise it a lot on you tube. Al

The stereo on Nissan (the ones with Bose audio) and infiniti are bad ass. Now it depends on what u want. Bose audios are tuned for more Bass, so if u are a bass guy that should be ur choice. The ELS on Acura are tuned for surround with clear mids and lows. Mark Levinson on lexuses are tuned to sound like a concert hall.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by kingreign(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nixxxx:
Wow you seem to know a lot man, are you an engineer?

No I'm not an Engineer, I be ogbonge kazeem environmental manager tongue
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by kingreign(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by abidemidare: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
My pilot 010 and accord 010 full options are bomb.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Clear A 40 Foot Container In Nigeria? / 5 Auto Mechanics Tips That Raise A Red Flag / Overheating While Ac Is On – What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.