Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? (24630 Views)

I Designed This With My Lumia 520--not Photoshop Or Corel!!!! / Photoshop And Corel Draw Tutorials Class / If You Want To Learn Photoshop Or Corel Draw Please Indicate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by randa(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2007
i teach and lecture graphics and i can tell you as a pro that adobe photoshop has features that will excite you more than photo paint, but i will advice beginners to start with photopaint from the corel family, then graduate to photoshop
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2007
grin
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by smartsoft(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2007
The thing is that photoshop or whatever you guys call it is good for image thing and those cool buttons for the web, well you can apparently do what ever photoshop graphic does expecially when i do some graphics on fireworks or Corel draw, i just take them to photoshop for clearity sort of. Photoshop is pretty good when doing some image manupulation, image clearity, icons. with fireworks you can do some pretty icons but the clearity woun't be superb. you can easily create those good icons on photoshop and export to other graphic software and while corel is very good branding your company logo.

When creating things like this, i will urge you to open those graphic packages and try doing somethings on it and exporting it will make alot better.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by fPearse(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2007
OO COME ON! i can't believe there are people out there making the comparison photo paint is a complimentary package of corel draw nothing more. photoshop is the far away in la la land and doesn't know that photo paint exists. to be honest we u photoshop is way to advanced and "powerfull" to be matched with, with, infact u people should take time, take time angry
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by fPearse(m): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2007
OO COME ON! i can't believe there are people out there making the comparison photo paint is a complimentary package of corel draw nothing more. photoshop is far away in la la land and doesn't know that photo paint exists. to be honest we u photoshop is way to advanced and "powerfull" to be matched with, with, infact u people should take time, take time angry
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2007
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by emar888: 9:15am On May 16, 2008
From what I've heard Photoshop is better than Photopaint.  I think it is true as of today.  But we cannot say that is always true.  The two competitive software has its own forte.  Photopaint is easier to learn than Photoshop but if you learn Photoshop by heart you will definitely used to it someday.  If you are certain that you will use this talent as a profession not by hobby only, then go for Photoshop.  Why learned the hard way if you have Photopaint which can simplify your work.  I rated Photoshop as 100% and Photopaint as 95%, now which do you prefer?  It is like choosing between Mac or Windows OS. 
Photoshop is expensive than Photopaint.
If you know Photoshop it is an advantage in learning Illustrator, After Effects, Adobe Premiere and other CS.
Why not learned the two if you can?
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by justbones(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2008
true that photoshop is better. but that doesnt mean that photopaint is useless either. i'll say it more of your preferences but saying its like choosing between a mac and windows is wrong. rather its like choosing between maya and 3dsmax
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by sojioguns(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2008
Before you compare software, you should ask yourself what task they would be performing. By the way Corel photopaint has a workspace that simulates that of Adobe photoshop if you are a core photoshop user.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by A2J(m): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2008
There is simply no comparison, have you guyz tasted photoshop CS3 Extended?

Camera Raw, Align controls, Automatic Photomerge, Clone source palette, Blending multiple images with Stacks, New Smart Object features, Vanishing Point 2.0, 3D support, Bridge 2.0, HDR imaging, just to name a few.

When corel Photo Paint starts to have such features, then maybe we can start comparing both of them but right now Photoshop is the MASTER.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by jimmie(m): 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2008
I use and Teach both Adobe Photoshop and Corel Photo Paint, Let me tell you something, if u are lookin for an avenue to xplore what u have upstairs, Adobe Photoshop is the best, you can export Adobe Photoshop layers into Illustrator and After Effects, you can also edit and add more effects to picutres, imagine you reducing the size of someone's cheek and reducing the size of someone's nose, Photoshop has more Effects and you can also bring in third party application into photoshop. But corel photo paint has some limited things it can do, and you can't achieve more with it, is like you with Adobe fireworks, where anything you click on, a layer will be created for you automatically, which makes the corel photopaint more childish and not professional to you. for more info about Adobe Photoshop call: 08032349612
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by justbones(m): 8:13am On Jul 18, 2008
<sacarsm> shocked wow shocked i didnt know that</sacarsm>
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by ebusboy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2008
I use both,
but I prefare Adobe photoshop,
cause it gives a sharp touch to your pics.
its tools are very effective for photo treatment.
I love using the patch tool, it gives the exact reasamblers of the lost original.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by oyinda3(f): 12:38am On Jun 03, 2009
photoshop. I used to have it then I deleted it 'cause it took too much space and I didn't use it that often.
it's so much fun to play around with.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by TheDreamInfidel: 1:46am On Jun 27, 2012
Corel Photopaint is made with an artists sensibilities in mind. Adobe photoshop was made for someone who works in an office. So it depends entirely on where you are coming from as far as which one is better.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by JeanCollins(f): 3:56am On Oct 05, 2013
Hi,

Actually I just to share you my ideas with this. Actually Corel Photo is better but then for me Online Photoshop is best. Especially if you drive into the best, simple, easy to used and fast application of Photoshop.

For better understanding try this one: http://livephotoshop.com
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Giftdavids(m): 7:34am On Oct 07, 2013
Pls my e-mail:
giftedogochukwu@gmail.com
charlisco: who is interested in learning photopaint should mail me i will send him/her a big supprise,"ebook-tutorial" I am doing this 4 just for photopaint loving fans
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2013
Hello Pros in the room,
I just did this design to show someone that wants to hire me. do you think it is ok. please make your comments so as to know whether there is fault and where it lies. Thanks.

Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by don4real18(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
There is nothing you can do in Adobe photoshop that can't be done in Corel photo paint
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by KINGMILE: 1:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
i vote for ADOBE PHOTOSHOP. 2 me, because: 1. it is highly standard and advanced. 2. it is a kind of graphic design software u can use to create a lifeless object to a real life portrait.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by KINGMILE: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
megatechgh:
Hello Pros in the room,
I just did this design to show someone that wants to hire me. do you think it is ok. please make your comments so as to know whether there is fault and where it lies. Thanks.

i like the concept but that font shadow has to be reduced and balanced.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by KINGMILE: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
KINGMILE:

i like the concept but that font shadow has to be reduced and balanced.

this is the hand work of adobe photoshop

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etuk Unyime Draws Udom Emmanuel With Made In Akwa Ibom Pencil / Please Rate My Recent Business Card Design / 5 Guys Take Same Picture For 30years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.