Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,540 members, 7,861,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

'I’m Tired Of Playing Herbalist Role In Films', Ojopagogo Declares - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'I’m Tired Of Playing Herbalist Role In Films', Ojopagogo Declares (1550 Views)

I’m Tired Of Wayward Lifestyle - Blessing Ceo Cries Out For Husband At Shiloh / Davido: I Have Made Money For 11 Years, I’m Tired Of Making Money (Video) / Ruth Eze: "I Want A Tall, Dark, Rich Igbo Guy, I’m Tired Of Heartbreak" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I’m Tired Of Playing Herbalist Role In Films', Ojopagogo Declares by gistembassy123: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2018
Ace actor, Rasaq Olayiwola, aka Ojopagogo, who has been in the acting world for well over 30 years cried out that he is tired of playing herbalist role in films.

The actor, who often features as an old man or an herbalist in movies, spoke to Saturday Beats about being stereotyped in the movie industry.

He stated that he was fed up with producers always casting him as an herbalist in movies, stating that as an actor, he is meant to explore all characters available to him. “When I started acting, I did not start with the role of an herbalist.

Alade Aromire was the first person that cast me as an herbalist in a movie and since then, people have started using me for the role of an herbalist.

'I have complained about it; in fact, last year, I had to hold a meeting with some stakeholders in our industry to let them know that they should use me for other movie roles instead of only using me for the role of an herbalist.

“They told me that it is due to the demand of the public but I would prefer to play other roles. Nowadays, if you insist that I should act the role of an herbalist in your movie, I do it but not with the same zeal I would use to portray other characters,” he said.

When asked what his dream role would be, the thespian stated that he would love to play the role of someone who terrorises people in movies.

“One of my dream roles is to play the role of someone who terrorises others in a crime movie. I want to be featured in a crime movie and I want people to know that I am a versatile actor.

read the full interview here

https://www.gistembassy.com/im-tired-of-playing-herbalist-role-in-films-ojopagogo-declares/

Re: 'I’m Tired Of Playing Herbalist Role In Films', Ojopagogo Declares by chiefolododo(m): 8:45am On Sep 08, 2018
you don't mean it , somebody should pls help me with that oshiomole's pic
Re: 'I’m Tired Of Playing Herbalist Role In Films', Ojopagogo Declares by Uzorvick(m): 1:16am On Sep 09, 2018
Patience was never tired of her role until God called her, bros just wait for ur own call too..� grin

1 Like

Re: 'I’m Tired Of Playing Herbalist Role In Films', Ojopagogo Declares by gaby(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2018
No other role go fit you oga.
You want make dem give you big man role, how the movie wan take sell an?

Haba

Enjoy the role you were tailor made to act sir.

Enjoy my siggy too

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Guy Eats Money In The Club To Renew His Wealth / ''nigerians Help Me Beg Genevieve Nnaji To Marry Me'' - Uche Maduagwu / Daniella Okeke Strikes A Stunning Pose In Short Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.