Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos (28158 Views)

Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians / Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 09, 2018
majekdom2:
America too big self. How many Africans travel out of their country in search of “brown pastures” like Nigerians?

Abi o. If I was a politician I'd be truly ashamed of myself. It shows failure on my part. I wonder how the current leaders can still show their faces for reelection when they've clearly failed the people.

#baffled.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Glink2018(m): 6:18am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
I used to wonder why Nigerians frequently rush to south Africa until I visited there..

It's only someone who has never been to another country(ies) still feel comfortable and hopeful with Nigeria..
Believe it or not..

I concur. The day I left the shore of this country to south Africa after my coming back to the country, i lost interest in staying the country.
Sm1 who is not a local champion will understand what I'm talking about.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by AreaFada2: 6:19am On Sep 09, 2018
Ioannes:
I wonder if other citizens of other countries also apply for Nigerian visas as much as these.

If Nigerians insist on our kind of democracy, Nigeria will continue to be a country or more accurately a nightmare where it's citizens are trapped within it.

Most Americans have never travelled out of their country. I'm sure most of them don't even have passports.

Nigeria is a failed country. The earlier we realize this the better. We should split.

Most Americans who can afford to travel do travel. Many go tracing where their ancestors came from in Europe. From Ireland to Scotland, England to Germany, from Italy to Poland. Many also travel to Mexico. Around 20% of Americans travel abroad. Roughly 36% have a passport.
America being so diverse in terms of climate, culture, geography, time zones, US offers much opportunity for cheaper internal travel experience. The major reason more do not travel abroad. Interesting destinations are fairly far away, costing much money. Many there still cannot afford it. Another important reason.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Queenext: 6:20am On Sep 09, 2018
Ioannes:

Abi o. If I was a politician I'd be truly ashamed of myself. It shows failure on my part. I wonder how the current leaders can still show their faces for reelection when they've clearly failed the people.

#baffled.
with 2 derica of rice, and 4 yards of cloth, they will be elected back by the masses.

At times, I wonder how they got relected back, till I saw how politicians use the hunger strategy to win, by giving greek gift during election

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 09, 2018
Queenext:
with 2 derica of rice, and 4 yards of cloth, they will be elected back by the masses.

At times, I wonder how they got relected back, till I saw how politicians use the hunger strategy to win, by giving greek gift during election

True. Ordinarily, hunger should have spurred the people to righteous anger and led to a revolution in Nigeria, but it seems this kind of hunger afflicting Nigerians is beyond normal.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by KekeNash(f): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2018
You dislike us because we dislike you.

7 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by dermmy(m): 6:34am On Sep 09, 2018
Redoil:
Since buhari govt has decided to slap mtn with heavy sanction
Visit south africa once you will weep for nigeria for ever

Lol
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by olametrix(m): 6:41am On Sep 09, 2018
Topic to follow
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 6:42am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

If you have ever been to SA you’ll understand why SA is a million times beta than Nigeria in every ramifications.
we destroyed Nigeria with our own hands out of greed

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by emmie14: 6:43am On Sep 09, 2018
miqos02:
the guy na joker.I rocked gauteng last month
Where in Gauteng

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by EgusiShankly: 6:52am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

If you have ever been to SA you’ll understand why SA is a million times beta than Nigeria in every ramifications.
abegiii....when you go there and trouble starts ,you begin beg the same Nigeria for help.....

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by WhoBeThisMan: 6:54am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
I used to wonder why Nigerians frequently rush to south Africa until I visited there..

It's only someone who has never been to another country(ies) still feel comfortable and hopeful with Nigeria..
Believe it or not..
my brother I know that feeling
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Amberon: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2018
Exactly! One fool yesterday said Lagos was the model city and best city in Africa. Lmao!
LastSurvivor11:

Believe it or not..
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Mizwisdom(f): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2018
I'm puzzled as to why majority of visa applicants are from the South, is it that people from the North love Nigeria so much?

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by dontbothermuch: 7:12am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Lack of travel and exposure is a problem..
If you have ever stepped ur feet in any of these countries you mentioned you will be ashamed of your comment..
That's how the other day one fool was comparing Nigeria with India, a country that manufacturers everything they use. A country where power outage for 30mins looks like an abomination..
Pathetic..

I tell you
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by emperorblog(m): 7:35am On Sep 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning folks.

If you are like me and keep wondering why Nigerians keep going to SA and India, let us gather here for a pishure.

It is better their passports get lost at the Embassy, than for us to read that the passports holders got killed in SA.

N30,000 application fee to go get killed?CHINEDU you dey hear?

let go and xollect our passport and go to SYSHELLES

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by sammirano: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2018
Ordinary SA again
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by K9blunt(f): 7:40am On Sep 09, 2018
I rather die here than go to that shithole south Africa

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by jesmond3945: 7:41am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Believe it or not..
gbam and they are many in nairaland
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by uuzba(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

After Mandela spent 27years in prison unjustly. Fighting for the right of Black people, the owners of the land to share the same school with white people, their oppressors. White people stole all their village land and built everything to city, flog all the black, use dog to bite them, pursue them into the bush.

Today, Mandela has begged all the black people not to kill the white in revenge and just manage peace. The white people are living in shame and fear. They cannot go back to Europe.

Nigerians will now to SA and be behaving as if Na their papa land. Doing gra-gra. That's why the black SA kill us in xenophobic attacks because you refuse to respect them for all they have suffered in their own country.

Nigerians always want free thing. Shameless. You cannot do your own.

How will you feel if the British took over all of Nigeria, wiped out your village, changed the name and pursued all black people to Northern Nigeria where the land is dry and hot?
All the mouth we like making in Nigeria, how will you know where your village is again? How will you even know the cloth your tribe wears?

That is what happened to Black SA's.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by skallion7(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2018
Who cares

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by kingthreat(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

S.A is better than Nigeria. But the question is what are Nigerians rushing there to do? The only booming industry there that Nigerians can align with is entertainment. Else from that there are no jobs for Nigerians there. 70% of Nigerians in SA are into fraud, drugs, prostitution and male gigolo. Yeah I know what I am saying.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Lack of travel and exposure is a problem..
If you have ever stepped ur feet in any of these countries you mentioned you will be ashamed of your comment..
That's how the other day one fool was comparing Nigeria with India, a country that manufacturers everything they use. A country where power outage for 30mins looks like an abomination..
Pathetic..
stop answering every dick,harry and mumu!!! I understand some times u can't hold it back...Because the comments u read here is a direct reflection of our entire society and psyche of the populace.

If tomorrow they mistakenly visit or a close ally visits and becomes elated,forget even better life and comfort...My brother u will then know that Some people in Nigeria their gods av Secretariat ���people will start defecting from shrine to churches and churches to different churches as all churches serve different gods as said by the pastors...Because if we believe in same God i see no reason for the astromical proliferation of kiosks as worship centers..Even after a year the assistant pastor from that kiosk will defect to go open another kiosk,ofcourse another god has called him..

So bro just observe,understand and tolerate..Nigerians are unique..Just understand the driving force and u will be kool...Only greed,envy,sheer bitterness,self-centeredness and hypocrisy that you will discover might be hard to undermine...But it will pass u will come to terms with it overtime.#Shalom #

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by LastSurvivor11: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2018
Amberon:
Exactly! One fool yesterday said Lagos was the model city and best city in Africa. Lmao!

This one weak me grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by sucess001(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning folks.

If you are like me and keep wondering why Nigerians keep going to SA and India, let us gather here for a pishure.

It is better their passports get lost at the Embassy, than for us to read that the passports holders got killed in SA.

N30,000 application fee to go get killed?CHINEDU you dey hear?

I go to SA regularly. Reports of nigerians being killed is highly exagerated.... Plus most times...truly, its nigerians who kill nigerians in SA. They do it themselves or pay local south africans to do it. Great place to vacation or live

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by lonlytroy(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2018
Seetto:

U have to wait till 2023 , I wonder how u will survive this for another 4 years, because obviously buhari will gallantly will 2019 election, no qualms cool cool

Are you sure that you are normal; how can you be supporting that dullard with the kind of system of government he operates
Pleas3 you are not a patriotic Nigerian i swear
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by chiefadv1: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

millions times better, but die faster than where one is in Nigeria, that makes sense right?
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Oskydaniellyyy: 9:04am On Sep 09, 2018
BlacSmit:
South Africa that should have otherwise be seen as a 'baby' to us, now acting so disrespectful because we've got a lifeless president. Na wa o.

How will south africa be baby to naija, you are living in illusion that has covered the face of many nigerians.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by selfmade22: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2018
Aso Rock is VACANT, argue with OSIBANDE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advice On Studying In Poland / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / Stunning Images Of The World's Biggest Cruise Ship (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.