Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,889 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos (28134 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / Nigerian Consulate In Jo’burg Dismantles Passport Racketeers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by eluquenson(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2018
This just a panic alert.
South African embassy can't shut the door in Lagos.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Seetto: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2018
lonlytroy:

Are you sure that you are normal; how can you be supporting that dullard with the kind of system of government he operates
Pleas3 you are not a patriotic Nigerian i swear
selfmade22:
Aso Rock is VACANT, argue with OSIBANDE!
If u are normal u should know that buhari does not have strong contenders and he will definitely win 2019 election, may be u are patriotic enough by supporting thiefatiku, olesaraki and PDP looters, u are blind to c how these politifthians have milked us dry, no qualms cool cool

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by selfmade22: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2018
Seetto:

If u are normal u should know that buhari does not have strong contenders and he will definitely win 2019 election, may be u are patriotic enough by supporting thiefatiku, olesaraki and PDP looters, u are blind to c how these politifthians have milked us dry, no qualms cool cool
nigerians lost d trust dey have 4 buhari, because even me, i so much bliv in buhari to make dis country a "heaven" due to buhari's backwardness, nigerians dont know whom to trust anymore, but i bliv SARAKI might make tins a little better dan any oda thief dat will emerge, i pity this country"
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 09, 2018
Ioannes:

True. Ordinarily, hunger should have spurred the people to righteous anger and led to a revolution in Nigeria, but it seems this kind of hunger afflicting Nigerians is beyond normal.
That's because they are not only Hungry they are also cowards.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2018
kingthreat:

S.A is better than Nigeria. But the question is what are Nigerians rushing there to do? The only booming industry there that Nigerians can align with is entertainment. Else from that there are no jobs for Nigerians there. 70% of Nigerians in SA are into fraud, drugs, prostitution and male gigolo. Yeah I know what I am saying.
you are correct, and they have exported their church business and cultisms there too.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2018
sucess001:

I go to SA regularly. Reports of nigerians being killed is highly exagerated.... Plus most times...truly, its nigerians who kill nigerians in SA. They do it themselves or pay local south africans to do it. Great place to vacation or live
True! south Africans do not kill Nigerians, Infact, the love Nigerians. The people who kill Nigerians are Nigerians and Zimbabweans.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 09, 2018
eluquenson:
This just a panic alert.
South African embassy can't shut the door in Lagos.
True, they are making so much money from visas they can not Afford to shut their Embassy in Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 09, 2018
30 thousand Naira for a visa to South Africa? shocked.

Who da hell wants to go to that shithole full with HIV anyway?
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2018
gypsey:
That's because they are not only Hungry they are also cowards.

I don't think this has to do with cowardice though. When you push a coward to the wall with nowhere to retreat to he turns back to face his aggressor.

Not so Nigerians. They will break down the wall and keep running. Nigerians have a high tolerance for stupidity. Maybe because they imagine they would also do worse if they found themselves in positions of power.

I wish scientists would do a research into the mind of the average Nigerian. We must be a pretty special and different species.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2018
Ioannes:

I don't think this has to do with cowardice though. When you push a coward to the wall with nowhere to retreat to he turns back to face his aggressor.

Not so Nigerians. They will break down the wall and keep running. Nigerians have a high tolerance for stupidity. Maybe because they imagine they would also do worse if they found themselves in positions of power.

I wish scientists would do a research into the mind of the average Nigerian. We must be a pretty special and different species.
grin grin grin And perhaps they have been dumbed down so much with Religion that they can not see beyond that.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2018
gypsey:
30 thousand Naira for a visa to South Africa? shocked.

Who da hell wants to go to that shithole full with HIV anyway?

LMFAO, millions, that includes you who has visited , me and the almost a million Nigerians who reside in the country cheesy. But I doubt there are more than 3 South Africans applying for a nigerian visa daily , to experience our God fearing, hiv-less nation wink. Truth is bitter but it must be told .

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2018
Runalong333:

LMFAO, millions, that includes you who has visited , me and the almost a million Nigerians who reside in the country cheesy. But I doubt there are more than 3 South Africans applying for a nigerian visa daily , to experience our God fearing, hiv-less nation wink. Truth is bitter but it must be told .
grin grin grin Truth sure is bitter.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2018
gypsey:
grin grin grin Truth sure is bitter.

Lol, exactly . So you concur your question made you look dumb,when one plays the numbers game and the amount many of us part with it just to go to hell grin.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
I used to wonder why Nigerians frequently rush to south Africa until I visited there..

It's only someone who has never been to another country(ies) still feel comfortable and hopeful with Nigeria..
Believe it or not..

Tell them. There's nothing working in this bloody country.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by gregyboy(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2018
dbynonetwork:
Xenophobic alert... My brothers in South Africa be very careful.....

I dislike south africans..

Why would you the time we did same to ghanians we wrent ahead saying ghanamustgo dsame would happen nigeria if we re developed nd pple start trooping in for better life
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Seetto: 10:33am On Sep 09, 2018
selfmade22:
nigerians lost d trust dey have 4 buhari, because even me, i so much bliv in buhari to make dis country a "heaven" due to buhari's backwardness, nigerians dont know whom to trust anymore, but i bliv SARAKI might make tins a little better dan any oda thief dat will emerge, i pity this counztry"
Don't u
think the likes of saraki and co may have been instrumental to the backwardness of this administration, failure to pass budget on time, budget padding, insisting constituency project must be inserted into the budget which is unconstitutional, frustrating the whistleblower policy ,pursuing selfish agenda, unlawfully suspending senators not on the same page with, I believe u are aware of controversy that made him the senate president, betraying his own party by collaborating with opposition with an agreement that opposition will deputised him, look saraki is worst of all the contenders , he left APC after frustrating most of their developmental agenda, look buhari has been sincere enough by not comprising to impeach saraki, if is obj saraki would have been a gunner, I will settle for dankwambo than anyone of them if at all I don't want to give my support to baba, saraki can never earn a single vote in the northwest/southwest cos he is political irrelevant in those region and don't forget they have the highest registers voters, no qualms

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Sheriff19: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2018
OYO. Speak for yourself. Me, I still believe and have hope in Nigeria.
LastSurvivor11:
I used to wonder why Nigerians frequently rush to south Africa until I visited there..

It's only someone who has never been to another country(ies) still feel comfortable and hopeful with Nigeria..
Believe it or not..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by londoner: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2018
Sounds like they only want a consulate in Abuja. What's wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

If you have ever been to SA you’ll understand why SA is a million times beta than Nigeria in every ramifications.

Have you been there dude? A million times better tha Nigeria indeed. Tell me with your university degree what you can do in SA. Only those with higher degrees and schooled that are working in the academics and medical doctors are averagely ok. And few in the corporate world. Those even have to cope with daily subtle and not subtle discriminations.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2018
Glink2018:

I concur. The day I left the shore of this country to south Africa after my coming back to the country, i lost interest in staying the country.
Sm1 who is not a local champion will understand what I'm talking about.

You stayed for few days obviously dude. Beliv me it is tough for blacks in SA. Very tough and many times harrowing.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2018
Mosesm:

You stayed for few days obviously dude. Beliv me it is tough for blacks in SA. Very tough and many times harrowing.

Another way to console ourselves?. How tough is the life of the average South African compared to those back home in naija bro ? . We are the poverty capital of the world , South Africa is very far from that yet we are still living in fools paradise about others ?. LOL. I live in south Africa, and clearly you have not been here if you think the only people that are experiencing hardship are blacks only, if you had you would have seen the hardships of whites on the streets daily . South Africa is no paradise , and there are bad places but compared to most of Africa?. There is a reason why there is a one way traffic between other African nations and South Africa. If Nigeria was half as good as South Africa, we would not be flooding them.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2018
Mosesm:

Have you been there dude? A million times better tha Nigeria indeed. Tell me with your university degree what you can do in SA. Only those with higher degrees and schooled that are working in the academics and medical doctors are averagely ok. And few in the corporate world. Those even have to cope with daily subtle and not subtle discriminations.

As long as you are not in your home country you will always be disadvantaged and suffer some discriminations . Nigerian certificates are almost worthless everywhere , not just in South Africa, it's not these country's fault but our own educational failed system. South Africa still values and pays professionals much higher than any other African country hence most African professionals like myself migrate here instead of staying in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2018
Runalong333:

Lol, exactly . So you concur your question made you look dumb,when one plays the numbers game and the amount many of us part with it just to go to hell grin.
My question was Sarcastical, grin besides i didn't think Anyone on here would be clever enough to Notice, the fact that i ve lived in South Africa aswell.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2018
gypsey:
My question was Sarcastical, grin besides i didn't think Anyone on here would be clever enough to Notice, the fact that i ve lived in South Africa aswell.

Lol .
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by LastSurvivor11: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2018
Sheriff19:
OYO. Speak for yourself. Me, I still believe and have hope in Nigeria.

Y u go believe! n hope..
All your life has been revolving around your local government.
Allah will see you through bro..
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2018
gypsey:
grin grin grin And perhaps they have been dumbed down so much with Religion that they can not see beyond that.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Y u go believe! n hope..
All your life has been resolving around your local government.
Allah will see you through bro..

Bros grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by LastSurvivor11: 11:26am On Sep 09, 2018
Runalong333:

Bros grin grin grin

Bro no mind me jare...
wink wink

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

Bro no mind me jare...
wink wink

Lol, I always say outside Nigeria is no paradise but we just can't compare most nations not even within Africa with what Nigeria today is embarassed. Living in denial and shining light on minor problems of others to feel better about our shytty position is not going to help us at all. Blind patriotism and misguided tribal affiliations are our undoing .

1 Like

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Glink2018(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mosesm:

I'm not talking about hustling stuff.(I have some reservations about south Africa) I can't relocate to SA But compare the system there with our own system. The difference is clear.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Murry05(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
Let them shut it down, is it by force for Nigerians to go there? Ah God, I just don't know why some of us like embarrassing themselves. Go to other countries where you'll be treated with respect or your bloody way stay where God made you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
Murry05:
Let them shut it down, is it by force for Nigerians to go there? Ah God, I just don't know why some of us like embarrassing themselves. Go to other countries where you'll be treated with respect or your bloody way stay where God made you.

LOL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Stunning Images Of The World's Biggest Cruise Ship (pics) / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.