Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? (26331 Views)

Beyond Dancing In Church, Christians Must Develop Personal Relationship With God / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / Do Muslims Celebrate White Weddings Too? Isn't It For Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by israelboy1(m): 12:25am On Sep 21, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by AreaFada2: 12:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Africans just dey form. Just want to belong. So far it is Oyinbo style. We nor just get direction or destination, just perambulating.

Black man will name his child Minerva but will not call it Esubiyi.

Minerva is Roman goddess of wisdom.

He will name his beautiful daughter Diana. But he will not call her Olokun or or Sango after any African god or goddess.

Diana is Graeco-Roman goddess of hunting.

They will call their son Mars (Roman god of war) but not Ogun, a local god of war.

#OurMumuNeverDo? shocked shocked

15 Likes

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by nwakaibeya1: 12:38am On Sep 21, 2018
John 6,60-68 Ancient world of justice has comeback , kingdom of Jesus Christ has comeback to revenge and judge human beigns and i am speaking about things unknown after the creation of the world and it takes those who knows about the ancient world and wisdom to understand me and i speak and say investigate what i have spoken to the earth if you have the means because of the thomases of this generation, afterall how many people who claimed to know Jesus Christ more than God followed Jesus Christ in bible time as they never closed churches or synagogues then, rather they kept boasting in ignorance that they know God more than Jesus Christ whereas God was on ground with them as Jesus Christ for thirty three good years and you now ask yourself which God was answering those people, prophets and pastors claiming to know God more than Jesus Christ ?

Behold you must be wise and look before you leap thats the confidence of a wise person and only time tells for truth to manifest without hindrance,no matter how you cover truth and revelation and dont forget human confessions which is usually had i known are our reliance and our confidence in our undiluted truth and revelation about real JESUS CHRIST and that's why we keep saying that time will always tell who is who evil or good.

Behold our summary is those who do not agree to truth now will later agree that the ancient world has come back and kingdom of JESUS CHRIST HAS COME BACK TO REVENGE AND JUDGE HUMAN BEINGS and surely always say wait for time as time always tells who is who,and you also must remember that God said I will use the things of foolish to shame those who think they are wise and who are those wise people that God will shame? Are you among is our due question ? Remember In the realm of the spirit there is no distance so as to know who is asking and don't forget that it's only at night that we know who is who, evil or good ,no pretenses at night that is where the battles of life are fought won or lost # Mathew 13,13-15

1 Like

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by IMASTEX: 12:39am On Sep 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Thanks for REPLYING him.
Anyway, my man leave wetin people go dey talk.
Just carry your girl, do traditional with court.
Except your lady no gree.
She can also wear her WHITE GOWN to the court if she deems so. Most times na white Gown and Facebook be women problem.

A lady is more interested in what people will say about her, than what pleases her.
They always want to please others at their own detriment.
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by OyinO: 12:44am On Sep 21, 2018
Borrowed culture
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by OyinO: 12:48am On Sep 21, 2018
CHRISTIANITY IS EUROPEAN PAGANISM COPIED FROM AFRAKAN SPIRITUALITY

AND THE CHURCH BORROWED THESE PAGAN CUSTOMS & DOCTRINES

7 COMMON WEDDING TRADITIONS AND THEIR ORIGINS

Find out the origins of some wedding traditions that have become common practice all over the world.

Here is a list of 7 most common wedding traditions and their origins to wedding enthusiasts across the globe.

Weddings are layered with many traditions that have evolved over time.

1. BRIDESMAIDS:
One of the most interesting wedding traditions remains with bridesmaids and their original purpose. Nowadays, bridesmaid dresses usually cause the most contention.
However, originally bridesmaids dressed exactly the same as the bride. The purpose was to confuse evil spirits and stop them from becoming fixated on the bride, and ultimately prevent them from cursing the newlyweds.

2. WHITE BRIDAL GOWN:
It was actually Queen Victoria who introduced the white wedding tradition back in 1840. Since then, women all over the world have followed her cue. Traditionally, the WHITE WEDDING gown symbolized purity, innocence and chastity. Not so sure about this nowadays… and many brides are choosing other colours for their gowns.

3. THE RING FINGER:
Beyonce’s "if you liked it, then.you should have put a ring on it" lyrics chimes an element of ancient truth. In ANCIENT ROME (where Christianity came from), when a man put a ring on a woman, he literally took possession of her. The ring symbolized his ownership. Additionally, ancient Romans believed the ‘Vena Amoris’ or ‘Vein of Love’ connected the left ring finger directly to the heart, which is why the wedding ring is only ever placed on this finger.

4. STAG NIGHTS:
One of the oldest wedding traditions is the stag night and it hasn’t changed much since the Spartans started it in the 5th Century B.C. Stag nights are when a groom celebrates his last night as a single man. No superstitions, no evolution, just the same celebration with the same purpose and we're guessing the same outcome – MESSY.

5. BOUQUET:
In ancient times, bouquets were made up of pungent herbs and spices like garlic and dill.
The reason was to ward off those pesky evil spirits and prevent ill health. Fortunately times have changed and we have evolved to become a less superstitious society. Nowadays, brides carry bouquets made up of fragrant flowers as oppose to pungent herbs.

6. THROWING RICE:
In ancient times, rice symbolized the seed of life. Traditionally it was thrown at the newlywed couple as they departed from the church. This gesture was to wish the couple luck, prosperity and fertility. Nowadays, it's simply seen as littering and apparently it's not so good for native birds. These days, people are replacing rice with ribbons or confetti.

7. CARRYING THE BRIDE OVER THE THRESHOLD:
Traditionally speaking, there were two different reasons the groom carried the bride over the threshold. In some parts of the world it was to protect his bride from being possessed by evil spirits. Back then, brides were considered as being highly vulnerable to spirit intrusion. In other parts of the world, it was a way of preventing the bride from appearing too eager to lose her virginity. Nowadays, it’s a romantic gesture, one that we hope sticks around forever.
There are so many more interesting wedding traditions in the different parts of the world, and typically most of them spawn from ancient foreign ancestor's superstitious natures and beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Omotaday(m): 12:49am On Sep 21, 2018
Shortyy:
I don't know baby, but I'm wearing that white veil on my day! kiss
how short are you?
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Emma1Oj(m): 12:52am On Sep 21, 2018
Most of the pple that wedded in church, na their marriage the even crash fast fast compare to those that did court n traditional wedding. so abeg na who the borrowed oyibo life styles done help?
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Emma1Oj(m): 12:53am On Sep 21, 2018
Most of the pple that wedded in church, na their marriage they even crash fast fast compare to those that did court n traditional wedding. so abeg na who the borrowed oyibo life styles done help?
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 21, 2018
oyonu:
My brother na ignorance dey worry people. There is nothing like white abi na church wedding, all that one na waste of money and resources. Marriage is when a man & a woman agree to be each other companions and the parents consent to it. It doesn't have to be flamboyant. Alot of marriages in the Bible are just simple marriages where the father just hand over the daughter to the prospective suitor eg Leah, Rechael and Jacob.

And its worse to know that you have to marry her 3 time to have your marriage certified.
Traditional marriage, court marriage, and then church marriage for one person!
Nigerian women must really be special.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by YoungLionken(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2018
Afa Nairalanders, una nor dey sleep sad angry sad
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by stinggy(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2018
Mandynews:
In Rev. 19:7-9 the Bible says, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife has made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he said unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said unto me, These are the true sayings of God."

The "Lamb" used in Revelations depicts Christ and the marriage depicts rapture.

Btw, what do you have to say about the wedding where Jesus turned water to wine? It was done in the family house and not a "white" wedding.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by BrokenCock: 1:22am On Sep 21, 2018
oyonu:
My brother na ignorance dey worry people. There is nothing like white abi na church wedding, all that one na waste of money and resources. Marriage is when a man & a woman agree to be each other companions and the parents consent to it. It doesn't have to be flamboyant. Alot of marriages in the Bible are just simple marriages where the father just hand over the daughter to the prospective suitor eg Leah, Rechael and Jacob.
i luv how they wed in kaduna, in-house things

1 Like

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by BrokenCock: 1:29am On Sep 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Thanks for REPLYING him.
Anyway, my man leave wetin people go dey talk.
Just carry your girl, do traditional with court.
Except your lady no gree.
She can also wear her WHITE GOWN to the court if she deems so. Most times na white Gown and Facebook be women problem.

A lady is more interested in what people will say about her, than what pleases her.
They always want to please others at their own detriment.
... What makes court wedding special wen you can just do an affidavit anytime its required? Just do family meeting n let them handover the babe joor.
The main marriage is the living together, the occassion na just show off.
Person like me go do occassion wen I don tire to born kids cos I will want the kids to witness the wedding

1 Like

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by ericwise13: 1:34am On Sep 21, 2018
Mandynews:
In Rev. 19:7-9 the Bible says, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife has made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he said unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he said unto me, These are the true sayings of God."
Marriage of the Lamb(Jesus),please bring another scripture.

4 Likes

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 1:38am On Sep 21, 2018
cassidy1996:
africans too like copy copy
copy copy still good na , Africans wey don become photocopier sef

1 Like

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by chiommy123(f): 1:46am On Sep 21, 2018
I don't think anybody decreed anything. Its all a matter of choice if you can afford it.
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Caris77: 1:47am On Sep 21, 2018
Pls its lights out , everyone to your tents . Op , i will ans you when i don sleep finish . Make una sleep well o .
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by spyjulius(m): 2:02am On Sep 21, 2018
Three Corp Members Caught With Drugs In Anambra Orientation Camp
It was awe inspiring today as three Corp members were to be decamped today at the anambra NYSC permanent orientation Camp. Read more http://www.teclius.com.ng/2018/07/photo-three-corp-members-caught-with.html?m=1
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by InvertedHammer: 2:19am On Sep 21, 2018
Soleymania:
Weddings are usually a ceremony of great joy but today the sorrow that follows some wedding ceremonies raises questions in ones heart.

Who decreed that Christians must have white weddings which we have now christened church or Christian marriage.

How many marriages were conducted in the sanctuary or temple in Bible days? Should we really spend so much to get married?

We have heard stories of people arranging some part of their marriage ceremony on credit in the hope that they will make enough from the spraying of money during the bridal dance to offset their loans.

I remember attending a wedding where the DJ refused to turn on the microphone because he had not been fully paid for his service at the reception. We pleaded and pleaded but he would not budge. Someone had to go to an ATM to get the cash for him before the reception could begin.

What type of marriage ceremonies were carried out in Bible days? How were these ceremonies conducted? Does having your marriage ceremony in church add anything to your marriage?

Let's share notes and thoughts on this.
/
Not decreed.

It is an after effect of brainwashing of Africans. Some are candid enough to call it white wedding. Wedding is the official union of man and woman to become a husband and wife. Why would people do their traditional wedding, followed by white wedding? Yet they are blacks. The whites only do their normal white wedding which is their tradition and move on.

Like I always say, the black race is long lost.

/

2 Likes

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Trump1212: 2:20am On Sep 21, 2018
Ndi eriri eri
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Dollabiz: 2:30am On Sep 21, 2018
smiley
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by BraniacX(m): 2:30am On Sep 21, 2018
Katier00:
But nobody is holding a gun to your head that you must wed in the church
You are, you and your likes

1 Like

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by ofuonyebi: 2:56am On Sep 21, 2018
instead...you should ask why 75% of marriages in the church are collapsing daily...?
hat is where your answer lies..
t
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by xyz123456: 2:57am On Sep 21, 2018
Islam have some stated conditions that once you fulfill it, then you are now husband and wife.
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by ImaIma1(f): 2:57am On Sep 21, 2018
Emma1Oj:
Most of the pple that wedded in church, na their marriage they even crash fast fast compare to those that did court n traditional wedding. so abeg na who the borrowed oyibo life styles done help?

Really? Where did you get this statistics? shocked
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by ariesbull: 3:04am On Sep 21, 2018
Who decreed that muslim.must have Arab styled wedding
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by alBHAGDADI: 3:13am On Sep 21, 2018
balocoli:
THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF 19- YEAR OLD SIMI - WHO RECENTLY GRADUATED AS A PHOTOGRAPHER, DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETER & GRAPHICS DESIGNER AT THE ICT HUB!

‘My practical journey into Photography started when i attended the FREE ICT Photography July this year and after the impressive one day free training taken by PMS Photgraphy, i enrolled for the full course (my dad and i were initially skeptical about the practical intensity of the training that he had to even followed me to the venue ascertain its authenticity!

Within ONE MONTH, i was not only train fully in Professional Basic Photography; i was also fully trained in GRAPHICS DESIGN as well as DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING

With deft professionalism, i take incredible photography shots, capture photography moments as well edit amazing photos with Lightroom studios as well as with Photoshop on my laptop.

Currently internship under the tutelage of PMS Photography, my Passion for photography is being truly unleashed coupled with creative skills as a digital media marketer and multimedia designer -

I will even be there for the FREE TRAINING....SEE YOU THERE!’

This free Intensive photographer Training program provides you a beginner-friendly introduction to photographer and if you want to learn photographer from scratch, this free course is for you!

DATE: 5TH of October, 2018
VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS
TIME: 10am Prompt
COST & REGISTRATION: Absolutely Free (Check Link To Register Now!)
REQUIREMENTS: Just Come With Your Laptop/Tablet/Writing Materials/Camera
ADD-ON: Free Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi Access To First 20 Participants

Scammers and time wasters.

Beware of them. They are at Unity road off Toyin street ikeja. They keep coming up with different tactics to collect people's N1000.

They intentionally did not include their address because they don't want their past victims to notice it is them again.

Scammers

1 Like

Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by SOFTENGR: 3:14am On Sep 21, 2018
bigocean:
The worst is even the priests saying God does not recognize a union until they have done church/white wedding.
Fat lie! Deception at it's peak. God established the Marriage institution in a way that once a man and woman decides within themselves and gets the blessings of both parents to be together; marriage has already happened o. Any other thing they decide to do, they are doing for themselves oo.

To op post, my fiance should know that after our traditional marriage, the only reason I might even consider going to court is because of the certificate which I might need for a few transactions; if not na traditional be all for me.
Unfortunately, most people don't understand this fact.
Re: Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 21, 2018
Shortyy:
I don't know baby, but I'm wearing that white veil on my day! kiss
Mmmm.... tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? / Does God Speak To You? How? / Impregnating Your Wife Is A Sin, Ask God For Forgiveness — Preacher Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.