Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... (3614 Views)

9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You / I Want To Breakup With My Girlfriend For This Reason. / My Ex Girlfriend Wants To Seduce My Elder Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
Please help me move this to front page, i need help.

Here goes my story.
I and my girl friend have been dating for 15months now.
Everything has been good between us filled with lots of love and promises. i love her so much and so does she. we have decided to let our families know about our relationship because i want to make her my life partner.
She told her parents about me but her parents are disapproving our relationship on the bases of Cultural differences.
We're both of the same religion... Same state of Origin but different cultural background. Her parents said they cannot allow any of their children to marry anyone outside their tribe.
I'm hurt badly by this because they're not trying to consider my personality but they're judging based on their cultural belief.

My girlfriend on the other hand is confused as i am. I can't fight it if she can't fight along with me.
I love her so much and i can't imagine myself with anyone else.

What should i do?
How do i solve this emotional puzzle?
I'm hurt and i don't know who to blame.?
I need your advice because i really want to be with her so does she, and i don't want lack of ideas to kill this bond off..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by HonAdeli(m): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
Just pray and talk to her so she could change their minds

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by LuciferKristi: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
Kill your in-laws.

Problem solved.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
HonAdeli:
Just pray and talk to her so she could change their minds

I've tried to convince her to talk. but she's scared to confront them... she she's scared of being rude to them... I can't do anything because i don't want to be rude either
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Kill your in-laws.

Problem solved.
Haba, you know its not possible nor proper to do
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by ritylove(f): 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
We're both of the same religion... Same state of Origin but different cultural background. Her parents said they cannot allow any of their children to marry anyone outside their tribe

In this 21st century so parents still take such primitive decisions please what tribe is that

And how sure are you that she loves you the way you think cux any girl who loves you the way you explained will surely stand firmly by yourside at this point no matter what

If she loves you that much believe me disobeying her parents wont be and issue when they realize how desperate she is getting married to you they will eventually give in

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by marshalldgreat(m): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Na wa
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by amaniro: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
Try to Familaries with her parents they'll change their perspective laterwink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by samdavjustin(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

Here goes my story.
Everything has been good between us filled with lots of love and promises. i love her so much and so does she. we have decided to let our families know about our relationship because i want to make her my life partner.
She told her parents about me but her parents are disapproving our relationship on the bases of Cultural differences.
We're both of the same religion... Same state of Origin but different cultural background. Her parents said they cannot allow any of their children to marry anyone outside their tribe.
I'm hurt badly by this because they're not trying to consider my personality but they're judging based on their cultural belief.

My girlfriend on the other hand is confused as i am. I can't fight it if she can't fight along with me.

What should i do?
I need your advice because i really want to be with her so does she, and i don't want lack of ideas to kill this bond off..

Get her pregnant and watch them beg you to marry her cool

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by medexico(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

Here goes my story.

What should i do?

I was once in your shoes bro, she was not even from Nigeria.

I told her my plans and she decided to ask her parent if it is possible but they said it is not possible, if you see how this girl un-love me ehn! I was shocked. She told me she cannot fight her parent because of me.

I was devastated, I thought I couldn't libe without her, but here I am, in love with another wonderful girl, this one even love me pass the other one.

so stop saying you cannot imagine yourself with another person (na so you go talk until you see that person)

I no go lie e take long before I fit no love the girl again, so just take your time and stop thinking about her so much.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by menix(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
OP, from ur narrative, there is certainly cultural difference nd urs seems bad..

So what is that culture ur people ve that scares Her family..

Just the way I can't allow my daughter marry a man whose culture scraps her hair, drinks the water used in Bathing the dead..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
medexico:

I was once in your shoes bro, she was not even from Nigeria.

I told her my plans and she decided to ask her parent if it is possible but they said it is not possible, if you see how this girl un-love me ehn! I was shocked. She told me she cannot fight her parent because of me.

I was devastated, I thought I couldn't libe without her, but here I am, in love with another wonderful girl, this one even love me pass the other one.

so stop saying you cannot imagine yourself with another person (na so you go talk until you see that person)

I no go lie e take long before I fit no love the girl again, so just take your time and stop thinking about her so much.

thanks for the advice, i think I'll try to forget her

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by Fiisty(f): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
Giv her Belle.
Problm solved
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by folake4u(f): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
undecided What is wrong with some parents sef.
There's beauty in cultural diversity.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
ritylove:
We're both of the same religion... Same state of Origin but different cultural background. Her parents said they cannot allow any of their children to marry anyone outside their tribe

In this 21st century so parents still take such primitive decisions please what tribe is that

And how sure are you that she loves you the way you think cux any girl who loves you the way you explained will surely stand firmly by yourside at this point no matter what

If she loves you that much believe me disobeying her parents wont be and issue when they realize how desperate she is getting married to you they will eventually give in

I'm Bassa-nge from kogi. she's Igala from kogi too.

we're both inlove...
The way she's confused now, shes weak to say or do anything... i thought she could fight for it, but I'm betrayed by her effortless actions.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
menix:
OP, from ur narrative, there is certainly cultural difference nd urs seems bad..

So what is that culture ur people ve that scares Her family..

Just the way I can't allow my daughter marry a man whose culture scraps her hair, drinks the water used in Bathing the dead..

till now i just can't grab the problem.
the only thing they said was our two tribes don't marry..... which is absolute lie cause i have friends and relations who married from their side
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
samdavjustin:

i would rather not try that. I'm scared of the consequences...
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by amaniro: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

I'm Bassa-nge from kogi. she's Igala from kogi too.

we're both inlove...
The way she's confused now, shes weak to say or do anything... i thought she could fight for it, but I'm betrayed by her effortless actions.

Funny thing about culture is that they were man made. from the story the girl is reluctant to continue the relationship. I know kogi state very well All tribes in Kogi share something similar so what's their problem. Igalas are in the east while Bassa and Ebira are in western side. Abi? my advice just be jejely packing your bags from her heart

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by ecstasy357(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
LuciferKristi:
Kill your in-laws.

Problem solved.

Or...or...run away with her like they do in the movies and we'll call it runaway love part 2
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by ecstasy357(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fiisty:
Giv her Belle.
Problm solved

God's plan: Given her Belle

Madam, pls check your signature
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by Zeeche(f): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Very funny culture indeed. I am not from kogi state but involved myself in a relationship with a Kogi guy, Igala to be precise...he gave same story. How their family do not get married outside their tribe. According to him, anyone who marries outside their tribe will face some consequences.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by samdavjustin(m): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

Stay there nah then you’re not ready to do all it takes to be with her. So find another girl nah
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by nelsonebby(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
Get her pregnant fast
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by Chubhie: 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

thanks for the advice, i think I'll try to forget her
That fast? Is she not even worth fighting for?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by popweezy(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
nelsonebby:
Get her pregnant fast
LOL! Nigga, u know wat dey call dat action? GRAND THEFT
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
If you truly love her. then plant your seed asap! hope say una never abort before sha
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by Chubhie: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

You could approach the father in a neutral ground and layout your best arguments on how you are willing to catch a grenade just to marry his daughter. His next moves would determine if its in your best interest to stake your very life for your woman.

His predicted moves after you approach him. He orders his daughter to cut all links to you or send her far faraway from you or gets you arrested so you sign an undertaking never to be seen one mile radius near his daughter. At this stage, self preservation and self interest should override what ever your third leg and testosterone are conspiring against you with.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
dihhowner:

Here goes my story.

What should i do?

Whatever happens,Don't marry any woman without her fathers consent

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2018
samdavjustin:

Not always true.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Breakup With Me After This Happened... by dihhowner(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
Chubhie:
You could approach the father in a neutral ground and layout your best arguments on how you are willing to catch a grenade just to marry his daughter. His next moves would determine if its in your best interest to stake your very life for your woman.

His predicted moves after you approach him. He orders his daughter to cut all links to you or send her far faraway from you or gets you arrested so you sign an undertaking never to be seen one mile radius near his daughter. At this stage, self preservation and self interest should override what ever your third leg and testosterone are conspiring against you with.

Thanks so much

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Did Nigerian Actress Rita Dominic Under Go B**bs Implants? / I Was A Mumu Around Women Till I Did This One Thing... / Gals, What Do U Think Of Guys Who Flash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.