Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. (7916 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / My Mini Snail Farm / Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2018
I really need guidelines in going about this Chicken Farm Poultry. I need advice on which breed of chicken to start with, it’s not for Business but for Consumption & sowing out to people as well. Something that can turn out big.
And pls I need trusted Chicken distribution, I stay around Agbara Estate/Badagry expressway.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by tripleace(m): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
Will advice that you get female Noiler breeds. They are tough, easy to manage and resistant to common poultry disease if kept properly. They don't lay as much eggs as the ISA brown breed but they compensate well by their ability to be bigger in size at maturity in 6-7month.They are OK for a backyard poultry start-ups. They are sold for about #400 @ 7 weeks and ensure they don't sell local birds to you.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
I really do appreciate bro, I’m doing finishing touch to the Chicken coop, when done imma upload some photos on here. Can’t I get the male Noiler as well? The Chicken coop is a Double cabin Coop.
& pls where can I get the Female Noiler within my range posted above?
tripleace:
Will advice that you get female Noiler breeds. They are tough, easy to manage and resistant to common poultry disease if kept properly. They don't lay as much eggs as the ISA brown breed but they compensate well by their ability to be bigger in size at maturity in 6-7month.They are OK for a backyard poultry start-ups. They are sold for about #400 @ 7 weeks and ensure they don't sell local birds to you.

Shalom
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
My new Chicken’s Coop

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by jerome84(m): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2018
Faccouk:
My new Chicken’s Coop

Nice one Bro, but will advice you fix net by the sides in place of ply boards cos as the birds grow they'll be needing more air than warmth.

**what breed are your Birds?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
Thank bro, the net are already fixed on both sides & back, what you saw there are Tarpaulins which can be rolled up & down.
The birds are Cockerel for now. I went beyond my budget 3x to do the Chicken’s Coop.
jerome84:

Nice one Bro, but will advice you fix net by the sides in place of ply boards cos as the birds grow they'll be needing more air than warmth.

**what breed are your Birds?

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
I developed a small Charcoal Heater to warm the chicks but I tell you it warm The chicken’s Coop well & the size of the Coop is 8.2ft by Length & 4ft by Width.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2018
My chicks are 4days old today grin
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by nwabuwa: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
weldone
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2018
Thanks
nwabuwa:
weldone
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pricelesshoney(f): 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2018
Faccouk:
My new Chicken’s Coop
Nice work �, please I want to spy your chicken cage, I called my carpenter today, am gonna show him this when he comes, but will it take 100 birds to maturity? And most importantly how much did u use?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2018
Yes of course,
The 2nd layer is when they are 2-3months old. Tbh it’s quite much more for it size & the equipment used for it. 36k plus, exempting the Chicks & Feeding utensils.
pricelesshoney:

Nice work �, please I want to spy your chicken cage, I called my carpenter today, am gonna show him this when he comes, but will it take 100 birds to maturity? And most importantly how much did u use?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pricelesshoney(f): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2018
Faccouk:
Yes of course,
The 2nd layer is when they are 2-3months old. Tbh it’s quite much more for it size & the equipment used for it. 36k plus, exempting the Chicks & Feeding utensils.
Okay thanks, my carpenter said 52k grin I told him to go go home and expect my call,oloriburuku undecided, as am typing now I don dey market dey buy my materials and its cheaper than the guy told me grin

2 Likes

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Haha lol, tbh you self you’re brutal ooo. 52k crythat carpenter guy is damn wicked oo. Lemme ask what kind of Chicken’s Coop do you wanna build?
pricelesshoney:

Okay thanks, my carpenter said 52k grin I told him to go go home and expect my call,oloriburuku undecided, as am typing now I don dey market dey buy my materials and its cheaper than the guy told me grin
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2018
Sharing some Vitamin D with my Chicks. They’re 5days old today.

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by OyinO: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Way toooo small but it is good to start small and expand.

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by uboma(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2018
pricelesshoney:

The cage in question will not comfortably take 100 birds when they are grown. it will be too congested thereby affecting the growth of the birds.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Huh! You said too small, you got to see this Coop for yourself, even the Carpenter guy who built it told me it’s the biggest he has ever built not just that, photos can be deceiving. 200 Chicks can fit them without congestion.
OyinO:
Way toooo small but it is good to start small and expand.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
My Chicks are turning something else, they’re fighting themselves, even this morning they bit a chick right wing off & chopped one of its leg. I kept the injured one on the heater to warm a bit, they jumped over the heater & were biting it over again, had to transfer it to the lower layer.
Gave it top feeds stater & water mixed with moringa, bitter leaf, antibiotics & multivitamin. This Cockerels are something else

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by uboma(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Faccouk:
My Chicks are turning something else, they’re fighting themselves, even this morning they bit a chick right wing off & chopped one of its leg. I kept the injured one on the heater to warm a bit, they jumped over the heater & were biting it over again, had to transfer it to the lower layer.
Gave it top feeds stater & water mixed with moringa, bitter leaf, antibiotics & multivitamin. This Cockerels are something else

Expect more casualties. Cockerels are like cannibals in nature. this is why they need more space.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Dude really? So that’s your wish & thoughts towards my Chicks ehn. Lmao “I’m Scared Uboma” grin grin Thanks anyways your opinions ain’t cut it. wink
uboma:

Expect more casualties. Cockerels are like cannibals in nature. this is why they need more space.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by uboma(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
Faccouk:
Dude really? So that’s your wish & thoughts towards my Chicks ehn. Lmao “I’m Scared Uboma” grin grin Thanks anyways your opinions ain’t cut it. wink

Lols

I do not wish you ill. Just stating the obvious. Cockerels like to fight and once one of them is injured with the sign of blood, the rest of the Cockerels will keep picking on the injured part of the wounded cockerel and cause more harm to it.

There is no need to be scared. Just monitor them regularly and try to expand the cage.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
I’m glad you followed up with the Humour.
uboma:

Lols

I do not wish you ill. Just stating the obvious. Cockerels like to fight and once one of them is injured with the sign of blood, the rest of the Cockerels will keep picking on the injured part of the wounded cockerel and cause more harm to it.

There is no need to be scared. Just monitor them regularly and try to expand the cage.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by dewhales101: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
Can you pls give the measurements of the cage...I am interested in starting up too
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by fakati(m): 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nice one so impressive just keep us posted.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
8 1/2ft for the length & 4 1/2ft for the width
dewhales101:
Can you pls give the measurements of the cage...I am interested in starting up too
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
Thanks, I’m glad you following
fakati:
Nice one so impressive just keep us posted.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by dewhales101: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2018
OK thank you
Faccouk:
8 1/2ft for the length & 4 1/2ft for the width
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2018
You Welcome wink
dewhales101:
OK thank you
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
Day 6,
Today I boiled, Moringa Leaf, PawPaw Leaf, Lemon grass, Aloe VERA, Bitter Leaf, Water Leaf & Scenting leaf altogether & dilute it with water later.
These Cockerels are super active but damn aggressive, they even attack me when I’m giving them their Feeds/water. One jumped on me yesterday, didn’t know these are how they do embarassed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by AfricaNigerian: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
Faccouk:
Day 6,
Today I boiled, Moringa Leaf, PawPaw Leaf, Lemon grass, Aloe VERA, Bitter Leaf, Water Leaf & Scenting leaf altogether & dilute it with water later.
These Cockerels are super active but damn aggressive, they even attack me when I’m giving them their Feeds/water. One jumped on me yesterday, didn’t know these are how they do embarassed lipsrsealed
lolz... You're even a poultry farmer Nice one sir, Keep it up.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
Faccouk:
Lol... it appears you ate a begginer is this biz. So please let me correct your flaws concisely so u don't run at a lose on the long run. Firstly, the problem of "space" that cage is to small to accommodate that number of birds. Secondly, those birds need warmth, not warmth from an electric bulb or Lantern, rather a coal pot. Thirdly, you have to follow your vaccination programs adequately. Mind you vaccination is different from medication or else ur birds will die of gumboro or Newcastle diseases.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Bags Of Feed You Will Need To Raise 100 Broilers For Christmas. / Can You Supply Us With Good Agric Products? We Will Provide You With Capital. / 100KG Bag Of Oranges For N2,500!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.