Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) (11430 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / Monitor Your Farm/poultry With Our CCTV Installation Before They Get You / Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
I noticed there is almost nothing on the internet on Obj Marshall breed compared to others, I actually stocked them because the Male line got to me grin ,am going to post my relative experience here so we all can learn,good or bad, I received the birds on Friday 20/9/2018, they were a bit stressed on the road (hold up and some other stops before I took them home), got home transfered them to my makeshift brooder ,guess what? They started running around,they were feisty and super active even before I gave them glucose.

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by dame29: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ok. I'm interested pls.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
As at day 3 which was yesterday I discovered sth, they crave light more than heat , I notice they cluster when there is no light but spread around when there is light and no heat, is this normal? I wouldn't know though this is my first time handling them all by myself. Noticed one with eyes like this,though he/she is still very active ,he/she even pecked at me when I tried to pick it up, I poured water to clean the eye a bit cos there was food around it

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
At day 4 which is today I left them unattended for 12hrs cry, am a bad caregiver I know, but sth pressing came up ,but I gave them water and food that would last b4 i came back, came back to meet them in darkness, with no heat, (the coal had turned to ashes and the pot just a little warm ), only 1 waterer had water, there food almost empty (they are becoming voracious in their feeding, couldn't snap today cos my phone was drained when I returned , update continues tomorrow
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
dame29:
Ok. I'm interested pls.
Okay, book as if as we both learn together
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 4:48am On Sep 27, 2018
Sorry can't update pics right now, browsing with my tab, not my picture taking phone, update at day 7, I have had 3 mortality so far , two which were the biggest of my flock just suddenly drop down dead without any symptom of being ill both were already weighing 120g-160g respectively at day five, one which was the smallest was ill,coccidiosis was suspected, treated all, she was getting better ,only for something to fall on it in isolation and it died immediately angry, today which is day 7, am vaccinating them (lasota), will weigh them this evening though
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:
Sorry can't update pics right now, browsing with my tab, not my picture taking phone, update at day 7, I have had 3 mortality so far , two which were the biggest of my flock just suddenly drop down dead without any symptom of being ill both were already weighing 120g-160g respectively at day five, one which was the smallest was ill,coccidiosis was suspected, treated all, she was getting better ,only for something to fall on it in isolation and it died immediately angry, today which is day 7, am vaccinating them (lasota), will weigh them this evening though

Dont stress the birds you just vaccinated this morning, wait till tomorrow.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:
As at day 3 which was yesterday I discovered sth, they crave light more than heat , I notice they cluster when there is no light but spread around when there is light and no heat, is this normal? I wouldn't know though this is my first time handling them all by myself. Noticed one with eyes like this,though he/she is still very active ,he/she even pecked at me when I tried to pick it up, I poured water to clean the eye a bit cos there was food around it
with my little experience there must be light for dem to eat 24/7 wen it is dark..plus make sure d place is always heated up..wen d heat is much dey move away from the source of energy, cluster around the source wen the heat is not enough but spread evenly wen everything is okay...cheers

2 Likes

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2018
Pls where and how much did u get weighing scale
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Chikach: 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
with my little experience there must be light for dem to eat 24/7 wen it is dark..plus make sure d place is always heated up..wen d heat is much dey move away from the source of energy, cluster around the source wen the heat is not enough but spread evenly wen everything is okay...cheers
thanks I will keep it in mind,the light thing is my problem now I can only give them for about 18 hrs and I think it's affecting their growth
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
Pls where and how much did u get weighing scale

I bought it in Benin city where I live for #1200

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
yemmit90:

Dont stress the birds you just vaccinated this morning, wait till tomorrow.
Alright thanks will wait till day 12 when I will have help anyway, they keep attacking me whenever I get close, maybe cos am not pretty enough... smiley undecided

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:
thanks I will keep it in mind,the light thing is my problem now I can only give them for about 18 hrs and I think it's affecting their growth
brooding is an intensive program so u have to dedicate more of ur time or find someone to help u if u are the busy type....and light must be dere always so as to allow dem eat..if u want their weight to be encouraging...

1 Like

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
My birds clock six weeks today grin

Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:

I bought it in Benin city where I live for #1200
thanks
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
Get an average weight. They look heavy
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Get an average weight. They look heavy
i will get a weighing scale soon
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
I hope I can achieve this,they look so fine, what were u giving to them? smiley
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by pricelesshoney(f): 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
brooding is an intensive program so u have to dedicate more of ur time or find someone to help u if u are the busy type....and light must be dere always so as to allow dem eat..if u want their weight to be encouraging...
thanks, bought supplementary rechargeable lights today
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:
thanks, bought supplementary rechargeable lights today
nice idea...for the feed I gave dem starter for 4weeks but later switched to grower cos of the cost of finisher...they eat like no tomorrow grin ..presently on 7th bag
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
nice idea...for the feed I gave dem starter for 4weeks but later switched to grower cos of the cost of finisher...they eat like no tomorrow grin ..presently on 7th bag
Wrong move except you are using an European grower ration, you will lose out on fcr.
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
They should be on the superstarter ration and not the starter. On start out, they need a lot of protein.
Funlag:
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Turks:
They should be on the superstarter ration and not the starter. On start out, they need a lot of protein.
yea,I used super starter
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Wrong move except you are using an European grower ration, you will lose out on fcr.
can I switch to finisher on the 7th week
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Turks: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Average weight?
Funlag:
yea,I used super starter
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:
can I switch to finisher on the 7th week
Switch now
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
Turks:
Funlag broilers are above 6 weeks. Maybe referring to pricelesshoney new broilers
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Switch now
okay thanks
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by Funlag: 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
Make i keep quiet make e no be like say I won thief pricelesshoney thread grin
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:

Alright thanks will wait till day 12 when I will have help anyway, they keep attacking me whenever I get close, maybe cos am not pretty enough... smiley undecided

Lol, they knew it is rare to see young pretty lady giving them such care/attention.

Besides, what is your target, 5-6 weeks(weight) or Christmas?
Re: Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) by yemmit90: 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2018
Funlag:

What is your target, "weight or Christmas"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Seen Honey Comb Before ? This Is How It Looks Like (pictures & Videos) / Affordable Irrigation Solutions And Seedlings Nursery Trays Available (pics) / Local Rice Production Hits 15m Tonnes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.