Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. (7945 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / My Mini Snail Farm / Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
[quote author=frankdre post=71367919] Lol... it appears you ate a beginner in this biz. So please let me correct your flaws concisely so u don't run at a lose on the long run. Firstly, the problem of "space" that cage is too small to accommodate that number of birds. Secondly, those birds need warmth, not warmth from an electric bulb or Lantern, rather a coal pot. Thirdly, you have to follow your vaccination programs adequately. Mind you vaccination is different from medication or else ur birds will die of gumboro or Newcastle diseases. Lastly, you don't mix medications anyhow. How can you mix bitter leaf, moriga(which are natural antioxidants) with multivitamins?? do you know the chemical composition of those plants. If u want to administer natural medications, then do it alone and don't include sythentic or your birds will die of diahorrea or gastro intestinal complications like irritation of the intestines. /quote]
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
I wished you followed this thread bit by bit, I use coal pot to warm them.
Tomorrow they’re gonna be 1week old & I’m giving them their first Vaccination on Gumboro. I have spent a week studying on this kind of bird’s breed. If you were following the thread you will noticed I’m mixing Organic & Inorganic medication/Vaccination.
Thanks for your concern.
frankdre:
Lol... it appears you ate a begginer is this biz. So please let me correct your flaws concisely so u don't run at a lose on the long run. Firstly, the problem of "space" that cage is to small to accommodate that number of birds. Secondly, those birds need warmth, not warmth from an electric bulb or Lantern, rather a coal pot. Thirdly, you have to follow your vaccination programs adequately. Mind you vaccination is different from medication or else ur birds will die of gumboro or Newcastle diseases.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
Day 7,
A day to Administer “Gumboro” the Chicks are doing just fine. On my way to Badagry Lagos to get the Gumboro” 200Doses. cry[/color][color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Gave the Chicks their Gumboro Vaccination tonight

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by GenyEbere(f): 3:11am On Sep 22, 2018
Is badagry not far to get your vaccines. You can check Mabs at Mechanic bus stop opp Ranel hotel thats after iyana Isashi.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
Dear, I prefer to go to Badagry, they got almost all I need & secondly the Traffic Jam. Iyana Isashi is a is a no go area.
GenyEbere:
Is badagry not far to get your vaccines. You can check Mabs at Mechanic bus stop opp Ranel hotel thats after iyana Isashi.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by GenyEbere(f): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2018
Faccouk:
Dear, I prefer to go to Badagry, they got almost all I need & secondly the Traffic Jam. Iyana Isashi is a is a no go area.
Ok I get you. I didn't consider that.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
Kindly tell me more on how you feed your Cockerels without Commercials feed.
I’m actually developing something at my end, using dry Moringa, Pawpaw leaf, lemon grass & little bitter leaf, grinding it together & mixing it with their feed.
GenyEbere:
Ok I get you. I didn't consider that.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by nwabuwa: 11:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
pricelesshoney:

Okay thanks, my carpenter said 52k grin I told him to go go home and expect my call,oloriburuku undecided, as am typing now I don dey market dey buy my materials and its cheaper than the guy told me grin
I ve not seen a female Carpenter, if u are a man and have spare time , u can actually build that cage in four or 3 days all things being equal. you save a lot when u do ur things urself

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by GenyEbere(f): 6:17am On Sep 23, 2018
Faccouk:
Kindly tell me more on how you feel your Cockerels without Commercials feed.
I’m actually developing something at my end, using dry Moringa, Pawpaw leaf, lemon grass & little bitter leaf, grinding it together & mixing it with their feed.
I never fed without commercial feed I only added hydroponic fodder at a point but it didn't reduce cost which is what I was looking for. About the herbs be mindful of herb herb interactions I sure know bitter leaf is a jealous lover again pawpaw leaf is not to be used for a long period at a stretch as it makes them sleepy. So I learnt

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pricelesshoney(f): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
nwabuwa:

I ve not seen a female Carpenter, if u are a man and have spare time , u can actually build that cage in four or 3 days all things being equal. you save a lot when u do ur things urself
Am female,lol, I bought all the materials I could afford to use, went to artisans association in my area where workmen gather, called 1 and priced it, it was 4k .5 for workmanship, I didn't spend more than 26k for materails + transportation

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pricelesshoney(f): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
uboma:

The cage in question will not comfortably take 100 birds when they are grown. it will be too congested thereby affecting the growth of the birds.
Okay thanks, I built something similar to what o.p built ,dimension is 5ft by 9ft double layer, when it becomes congested i have galvanized iron cage that can take up to 10, will simply transfer, thanks
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
Wow thanks for that, but what about me blending Dry Moringa leaf & Water leaf with Pawpaw? What’s your take on it.
GenyEbere:
I never fed without commercial feed I only added hydroponic fodder at a point but it didn't reduce cost which is what I was looking for. About the herbs be mindful of herb herb interactions I sure know bitter leaf is a jealous lover again pawpaw leaf is not to be used for a long period at a stretch as it makes them sleepy. So I learnt
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by GenyEbere(f): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2018
Faccouk:
Wow thanks for that, but what about me blending Dry Moringa leaf & Water leaf with Pawpaw? What’s your take on it.
Teach them how to eat the leaf,drop few leaves in a tray and serve them and very soon they will become prof like these guys here snacking on waterleaf

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2018
I will surely try it dear, thanks. I was giving the chicks some dry Moringa leaves before.
GenyEbere:
Teach them how to eat the leaf,drop few leaves in a tray and serve them and very soon they will become prof like these guys here snacking on waterleaf
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
Day 10,
AntiCoccidial drugs was given to the Chicks today grin
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
Day 12,
Today ends AntiCoccidial Vaccination. grin
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by yemmit90: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Faccouk:
Day 12,
Today ends AntiCoccidial Vaccination. grin

Are they cockrels or broilers?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2018
They’re Cockerels, some people thought it was Broilers because of their sizes.
yemmit90:

Are they cockrels or broilers?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pricelesshoney(f): 10:22am On Sep 28, 2018
Faccouk:
But if they are cockerel how come you are stocking now,will they reach adulthood by Xmas?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2018
For that not sure, but I’m giving some of them out during Christmas & new year & I'm definitely reserving some for Easter if time permit.
I will share photos of their growth on here.
pricelesshoney:

But if they are cockerel how come you are stocking now,will they reach adulthood by Xmas?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:47am On Sep 28, 2018
My Chicks are 2weeks old today grin
Just finished cleaning up their Coop, Sanitizing it & putting fresh Sawdust. Giving them Ordinary tap water today. wink
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
Day 14,
My Chicks are two weeks old today grin

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pricelesshoney(f): 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Faccouk:
Day 14,
Ah, these are broilers na, maybe you stocked the Male line, ask who sold it to you, am 99.9% sure these are broilers ,some persons call them Cockerel too but they are not
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Maybe but it’s Sure Cockerels. I wish I could weight them but finger cross till two weeks time. The way I feed them ehn someone might assume they’re my pets.
pricelesshoney:

Ah, these are broilers na, maybe you stocked the Male line, ask who sold it to you, am 99.9% sure these are broilers ,some persons call them Cockerel too but they are not

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
I feed my Chicks 6.4kg of Top feed starter everyday & started adding Dry grinded fish & Crayfish with dry Moringa & Pawpaw leaves.
I can tell the Chicks loves it. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pdozie: 9:08pm On Sep 28, 2018
Please the coal pit is basically a container with burning charcoal right?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
Yea thick aluminum/Metal container.
pdozie:
Please the coal pit is basically a container with burning charcoal right?
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by pdozie: 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
Faccouk:
Yea thick aluminum/Metal container.

Many thanks!
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by Faccouk(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
You welcome bro
pdozie:

Many thanks!
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by yemmit90: 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
Faccouk:

You must have spent alot of money to feed them. Cockerels are just too slow for impatience farmer like me.
Re: Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. by yemmit90: 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Faccouk:
Day 14,

Are you sure they are not broilers? How much did you buy per chick?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All Poultry And Fish Farmers Need To See This / 100KG Bag Of Oranges For N2,500!!! / Invest With Farm Crowdy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.