Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Accused Serial 'dine-and-dash Dater' In California hit with more charges - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Accused Serial 'dine-and-dash Dater' In California hit with more charges (360 Views)

What Made You A Double Dater Or Cheat? / California Prison Guard Had Sex With An Inmate In Front Of 11 Others / Have You Been The Victim Of A D*ck And Dash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Accused Serial 'dine-and-dash Dater' In California hit with more charges by olatade(m): 6:00am On Sep 10, 2018
An alleged serial "Dine-and-Dash Dater" may be eating quite a few meals behind bars.
Additional charges were filed Friday against suspected culinary con man Paul Gonzales, who faces more than 16 years in jail.
Gonzales, 45, was hit with four more felony counts of extortion, the Los Angeles County DA's office announced. He is now facing 11 felony counts of extortion and two counts of attempted extortion.
Prosecutors say during a two-year period he dined with a series of women and then bolted without paying the bill. He met the women on various dating apps, according to the DA's office.
"We just chatted back and forth. He was charming," a victim who identified herself as Jane told CNN . "He said, 'Why not meet somewhere?'"
She said that Gonzales ordered the most expensive item on the restaurant's menu. He went to make a phone call, she said, and he never came back.
"He left after most of his food was gone," she told CNN. "I've never seen anybody eat so fast."
She said she had to write a check for $218 for the Pasadena restaurant. "It was humiliating," she told CNN. "I was frustrated. It just left me in a bad place."
Marjorie Moon told the Washington Post that Gonzales ordered two main courses, expensive wine and a souffle for dessert at a Los Angeles restaurant before he split.
“I couldn’t believe it,” Moon told newspaper. “I just handed [the waiter] my credit card and said, ‘I just want to go home’ — $250 later, I was out the door.”
Gonzales is also accused of not paying for services at a hair salon. He is facing more than 16 years in jail if convicted.
David Boroff

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-dine-and-dash-charges-20180909-story.html
Re: Accused Serial 'dine-and-dash Dater' In California hit with more charges by amjustme2: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2018
Many dine and dashers here should wake up. Nigeria Police will come for you soon.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Ideal Age For A Man To Get Settled & Married? / BIG HOPE: My Dream Is To Be Bigger Than Wizkid In 2019 / Poem: I Am Just A Fool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.