Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. (17505 Views)

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by CARLOSZ: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2018
Comments readers association if Nigeria (CRAN)

Gather here if you're a member let's take a selfie

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by opribo(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2018
FRSC needs to begin to do serious background checks on all drivers especially those operating commercial vehicles and a special certificate of fitness issued to qualified people which should be renewable after every 3 month.

Anyone found wanting should be banished from driving any comercial vehicle for life.
Of what use is it to entrust your life in the hands of a tout who has no legitimate drivers license, or known address or who has been involved in a fatal accident before.
Some of these drivers are nothing but murderers, they believe in their so called charms that can make them immune to harm when an accident occurs.
The rate of accident involving this PMT is too high, something is wrong somewhere. It can be likened to anytime you read a trailer is involved in an accident. One out of five chances it must be Dangote truck. WHY?
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Ikology(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2018
Lomprico2:

Most of their drivers are touts. Very rough and uncouth. If u caution them for reckless driving or over speeding na market u buy.

I will NEVER travel with them again instead i'll follow unregistered transport vehicle.

The drivers are being trained on quarterly basis by FRSC, talking about speeding GUO, GOD is GOOD moves faster than PMT on highways. PMT also installs speed limits in their buses.

People die by accidents even inside their own house
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Sirnuel: 10:28am On Sep 10, 2018
Nwambaise:

Where a child points at while crying, if his mother is not there, his father must be there. Anyone I know will never enter peace mass. I've lost 2 family friends so far in separate accidents involving peace.

And I have not lost anyone in PMT before. It doesn't change anything. Accidents happen every second. We are humans, and it is in our nature to hold someone responsible when things go wrong. All I am trying to say is to cut PMT some slack. PS: I am really sorry for your loss, I pray you never experience such a loss in this life time again
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Alex80s(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2018
Chai !!!!! RIP to the dead.

The lawyer that wrote this statement is really learned.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Ikology(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2018
opribo:
FRSC needs to begin to do serious background checks on all drivers especially those operating commercial vehicles and a special certificate of fitness issued to qualified people which should be renewable after every 3 month.

Anyone found wanting should be banished from driving any comercial vehicle for life.
Of what use is it to entrust your life in the hands of a tout who has no legitimate drivers license, or known address or who has been involved in a fatal accident before.
Some of these drivers are nothing but murderers, they believe in their so called charms that can make them immune to harm when an accident occurs.
The rate of accident involving this PMT is too high, something is wrong somewhere. It can be likened to anytime you read a trailer is involved in an accident. One out of five chances it must be Dangote truck. WHY?

If you actually read it, you will see clearly the Peugeot 406 entered the lane being plied by PMT. This is never the fault of Peace mass transit driver
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by bedspread: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Where did God hide his face that you're seeking it?

When you use fake Hiace buses to start a transport company and employ suicidal drunkards as drivers, what do you expect?

Stop dragging God into matters that require your brain.
I don't think it's about dt!! They definitely have some good vehicles but the Rate of Accidents of their Vehicles is Alarming... They need Solid Divine Intervention
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Pitokwe(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2018
God forbid I enter PMT in my Life again.

I remberbed entering their bus one from Enugu to onitsha. Within that short distance,we faced death twice. It was also to be head on head collision with heavy duty trucks.

It's like the devil marked that transport company for it source of blood. One accident too many for that company
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Davisk11(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2018
All the PMT drivers needs to be thoroughly checkmated..the way their driver drives on the high is just uncalled-for honestly. May all the victims souls rest in peace.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Ikology(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2018
Rickyzagy:
Sometimes I wonder if this is related to bad luck and good luck.

We are all favoured at different things.

You can say that again, our travails on this earth sometimes looks timed, destined or even .

God help us all

Accident remains unpredictable
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by bedspread: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Peace Mass Transit has more accidents than ALL other transport companies plying the Eastern route combined, that's a fact. Go and check past statistics of accidents or ask any FRSC officer in the eastern states.

The amount of accidents PMT vehicles are involved in within a month is more than the total number of accidents ABC has been involved in since inception.
EXACTLY WHY I SAID THEY NEED DIRE DIVINE INTERVENTION
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by paschalmezie(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2018
Have never used PMT and will never use them even if they're the only transport company existing. PMT is OGBUNIGWE - MASS KILLER, anytime, any day, anyhow irrespective of their feeble tales to explaining all these incessant massacres.

1 Like

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by paschalmezie(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2018
Have never used PMT and will never use them even if they're the only transport company existing. PMT is OGBUNIGWE - MASS KILLER, anytime, any day, anyhow irrespective of their feeble tales to explaining all these incessant massacres.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Ikology(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Peace Mass Transit has more accidents than ALL other transport companies plying the Eastern route combined, that's a fact. Go and check past statistics of accidents or ask any FRSC officer in the eastern states.

The amount of accidents PMT vehicles are involved in within a month is more than the total number of accidents ABC has been involved in since inception.

exaggerations!!! Facts are sacred. Bring it.

1 Like

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by furaliba: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2018
PMT
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by opribo(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

If you actually read it, you will see clearly the Peugeot 406 entered the lane being plied by PMT. This is never the fault of Peace mass transit driver

I know but as a commercial vehicle there ought to be an acceptable speed limit. If the bus were going at a reasonable speed maybe the driver would have been able to avert it. Remember it takes two to tango and two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Isiokpukpu(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2018
Sirnuel:
You all are taking this PMT thing too far, Accidents happen everyday, and PMT being one of the largest road transport company with hundreds of vehicle on the road at any given time will definitely have a little bit higher rate. Fire burned nearly a hundred people to death in Lagos and most people forgot about it the next day.
The problem is not about the accident, accident happens everyday but the area of concern is that they buried the deceased without informing their relatives. Where on earth do you do that. I stop patronizing them right from the day i had issue with one of their driver en-rout Abakaliki from Onitsha. The drivers are so unprofessional. When i was in EBSU there is never a week we don't attend burial of a student kill by peace. God save those that will still board their vehicle tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Ikology(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2018
opribo:

I know but as a commercial vehicle there ought to be an acceptable speed limit. If the bus were going at a reasonable speed maybe the driver would have been able to avert it. Remember it takes two to tango and two wrongs can never make a right.

Hope you understand these drivers have families? They have life to live. let us not be judgmental
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2018
PMT,have to re train their drivers,cause they are mostly too rude n rigid,n let d management compensate d families of d the dead n lastly FRSC n NURTW should ensure that all transport companies n cars in nigeria are Insured
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by papalsbuIl: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2018
damn i just had an accident with PMT this last Saturday cheesy

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by UnimkeAk(m): 10:49am On Sep 10, 2018
Sirnuel:
You all are taking this PMT thing too far, Accidents happen everyday, and PMT being one of the largest road transport company with hundreds of vehicle on the road at any given time will definitely have a little bit higher rate. Fire burned nearly a hundred people to death in Lagos and most people forgot about it the next day.
God is good, the young , abc etc are are also big tp companies but u don't hear them having accidents like pmt
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by opribo(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

Hope you understand these drivers have families? They have life to live. let us not be judgmental

Bro, not all of them, nobody is judging anyone, you only need to encounter some of these so called drivers in their vehicles.
Even as a passenger they are ready to beat you, yes i mean beat you not fight you. They are so vulgar which shows their uncouthness. Just forget those folks and speak for yourself bro. In short they are terrible.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by onegig(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

PMT drivers are reckless. That's the fact. They are the first to ply one-way once there is a small hold up on the road. They are always in a hurry as if there's a Target to meet before they can be paid. They drive with a lot of ego on the road. Try overtake one of them and they would turn it into a road race.

Head on collisions don't just happen. Both drivers in such cases are 90% wrong except for outliers. Either the overtaking one is not doing the right thing or the oncoming vehicle was not applying defensive driving and allowing the other to safely move.

I understand he may not have had a road shoulder to have swerved to but if he were to be moving at maybe 100km which was reasonable he would still have had like 5 seconds/50 to 100 metres to react. But as usual our drivers would be doing 150km/h on a bad road.

1 Like

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by frozen70(f): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2018
Peace mass transit, has never placed priority on their passengers

They employ all sort of people as drivers just to increase their fleet of cars on the road

They don't have any thing like careful and professional drivers

They show take a lead or learn from God is good transport company (GIGM)
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by IkeJAH(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2018
PMT has been the saving grace in the mini bus transport business, cutting down the exorbitant fares being charged by other transporters before his arrival.

My sincere advice is that the management should monitor closely the speed limiter/ governor, and more training on safety/defensive driving for the drivers.

Being prompt in responding to accident cases- having a more secured means of reaching victims families.

So far, there has been significant improvement in customers care services.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by slimman007: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2018
Lalaski001:
Why wait this long before releasing the press statement?
Don't mind them if not for BREKETE FAMILY programme that decide to take it personal with them,after the relations of the victims involved lay their displeasure to ORDINARY AHMED on how they buried their families members without their consent,they wouldn't have released any press statement.

1 Like

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by frozen70(f): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

Peace mass transit, has never placed priority on their passengers

They employ all sort of people as drivers just to increase their fleet of cars on the road

They don't have any thing like careful and professional drivers

They show take a lead or learn from God is good transport company (GIGM)
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Mankosi: 11:17am On Sep 10, 2018
The peace mass transit's driver is on high speed too if not he would have controlled it by swinging to other side.
Such thing have happen to the vehicle I boarded sometime ago and it would have been head on collision but because our driver was not on high speed he was able to turn his steering immediately he saw the trailer. We thanked God that day and it was as if nothing happened but for us inside the vehicle it was big thing that happened that day. High speed is not good cos if there's anything that's about to happen before u finish ur calculations it would have happened immediately.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Chinny024(f): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2018
The ITOBE episode is the first of its kind in our history,
Jesus.. History of accidents and death...

Una own history is terrible...

Work towards perfection and not to keep data of death rate..

God will save me and my beloved ones...
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Ikology(m): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2018
onegig:

PMT drivers are reckless. That's the fact. They are the first to ply one-way once there is a small hold up on the road. They are always in a hurry as if there's a Target to meet before they can be paid. They drive with a lot of ego on the road. Try overtake one of them and they would turn it into a road race.

Head on collisions don't just happen. Both drivers in such cases are 90% wrong except for outliers. Either the overtaking one is not doing the right thing or the oncoming vehicle was not applying defensive driving and allowing the other to safely move.

I understand he may not have had a road shoulder to have swerved to but if he were to be moving at maybe 100km which was reasonable he would still have had like 5 seconds/50 to 100 metres to react. But as usual our drivers would be doing 150km/h on a bad road.

The bold is an individual thing and cannot be ascribed to Peace mass drivers alone. Obviously, your mind is already occupied with deep resentment. PMT mgt installs speed governors in their buses. maximum speed is 100km/hr. I am always on highway so believe it or not, PMT buses trails behind most other transport buses on highway. Therefore remove over speeding from your analysis.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by donpapachi(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2018
maxiuc:
angry

The driver should have Dodge the 406 car na

I remember exactly the same thing happened to us travelling with Abc transport splinter bus almost head on collision our drive had to swerve out the lane the coming vehicle brushed off the side mirror with full speed

Headon collision both drivers are at fault no need to dragg road simply flash him lights when he doesn't respond you slow down and move out of the lane in driving you have to drive your own and also drive for others
best comment
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by NaijaNaWaa: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2018
This is absolute nonsense. PMT must be ran be criminals and agents of the devil. I can't believe the stupidity I am reading.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Nairalanders Visit To Cross-river State / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.