Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,711 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. (17504 Views)

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by ninetiethcrown7(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2018
Sirnuel:

And I have not lost anyone in PMT before. It doesn't change anything. Accidents happen every second. We are humans, and it is in our nature to hold someone responsible when things go wrong. All I am trying to say is to cut PMT some slack. PS: I am really sorry for your loss, I pray you never experience such a loss in this life time again

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ. These Nigerian road transport companies are meant to be held to the highest of standard, why, because they owe a duty of care to their customers to protect their lives and property through out their fare.

And in Nigeria it is common knowledge that all these transport drivers are reckless, but what have they done about it. I am not saying that the crash WOULD have been avoided but I'm saying it COULD have been avoided if the driver had taken some certain steps (however, we would never really know what happened).

In short, if you cut them some slack you are creating a margin for error. And errors are not allowed when it comes human lives.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Homguy(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

The bold is an individual thing and cannot be ascribed to Peace mass drivers alone. Obviously, your mind is already occupied with deep resentment. PMT mgt installs speed governors in their buses. maximum speed is 100km/hr. I am always on highway so believe it or not, PMT buses trails behind most other transport buses on highway. Therefore remove over speeding from your analysis.
are you a PMT staff? I have met these guys driving recklessly countless times. They are particularly notorious for driving on other people's lane while expecting you to swerve, and chasing you if you overtake them. I travel a lot and I know nothing is exaggerated here.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by jconsulting(f): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2018
Peace Mass , vowed not to enter even if na only me Dem go carry, I remembered​ one accident in 2012 alng lokoja Abuja road , their PMT bus cut into two halves no survivors......Only God knows........hmmmmmmmm
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by ekene247(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2018
Alex80s:
Chai !!!!! RIP to the dead.
The lawyer that wrote this statement is really learned.
Yes, he tried and u are probably a Lawyer to discover that cheesy
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Dpharisee: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2018
Sirnuel:
You all are taking this PMT thing too far, Accidents happen everyday, and PMT being one of the largest road transport company with hundreds of vehicle on the road at any given time will definitely have a little bit higher rate. Fire burned nearly a hundred people to death in Lagos and most people forgot about it the next day.

You seem not to understand the main issue, the passengers were given mass burial at the scene of the accident without seeking their family consent. Lagos State had to deposit the bodies of the victims of the recent tanker fire for DNA tests and the corpses released to the families, they did not rush to bury them despite some being burnt beyond recognition embarassed
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by onegig(m): 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

The bold is an individual thing and cannot be ascribed to Peace mass drivers alone. Obviously, your mind is already occupied with deep resentment. PMT mgt installs speed governors in their buses. maximum speed is 100km/hr. I am always on highway so believe it or not, PMT buses trails behind most other transport buses on highway. Therefore remove over speeding from your analysis.

Maybe that's a recent development. Speed limiters on PMT? Doesn't override . Just reports to a monitor . Who inforces penalities for constantly going over the speed limit?
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by 400billionman: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
maxiuc:
angry

The driver should have Dodge the 406 car na

I remember exactly the same thing happened to us travelling with Abc transport splinter bus almost head on collision our drive had to swerve out the lane the coming vehicle brushed off the side mirror with full speed

Headon collision both drivers are at fault no need to dragg road simply flash him lights when he doesn't respond you slow down and move out of the lane in driving you have to drive your own and also drive for others
Illiterate drivers feel dragging road has some thing to do with human RIGHTs forgetting that a dead person has no rights anymore
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Damian077: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
I just had an accident with one of their bus from PH to Nsukka on August 16 and nobody from PMT care to know my condition. They have to overhaul the system there.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by 400billionman: 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

Their speed limit may be pegged but I was on hundred when one of their drivers overtook me recently God is Good drivers drive faster than PMT but brand new buses with perfect handling from Toyota brand makes GIG a better alternative
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by americanson: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mexyz:
If it's not GIGM then forget it, I ain't entering any other vehicle for inter state journey.
GIGM is over priced right now.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Temptee101(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mexyz:
If it's not GIGM then forget it, I ain't entering any other vehicle for inter state journey.
I'm telling you, i share the same idea with you. GIGM and autostar remain the only commercial vehicles i use for inter state journey, very good, cautious and well trained drivers
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Temptee101(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
americanson:
GIGM is over priced right now.
It's your life worth less?
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Lushka(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
This is arrant nonsense. So what happened to forensic experts. The dead bodies must be exhumed and identified. Peace mass transit shld be sued ASAP.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by americanson: 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
Temptee101:

It's your life worth less?
there are other vehicles that doesn't cost that much. Why should I pay 5k from Lagos To Benin?

1 Like

Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ikology:

Bros why u come carry PMT matter for head like this. The fact remains that their vehicles hv been involved in one too many accidents, and often fatal. If you take a survey of those who posit that PMT drivers and vehicles are reckless, (even from testimonies on this thread alone), you would realise that all the commenters can't be wrong.

Can everyone be wrong about PMT? Can every commenter on here have a beef with PMT or conspiring against PMT. The obvious answer is NO. Na only u get opposing view!!!! So hv a rethink and read the comments without prejudice.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
Homguy:
are you a PMT staff? I have met these guys driving recklessly countless times. They are particularly notorious for driving on other people's lane while expecting you to swerve, and chasing you if you overtake them. I travel a lot and I know nothing is exaggerated here.

The guy matter tire me o. E just carry PMT palaver fr head like wen olajumoke dey hawk agege bread. Can all the commenter on here be wrong about the PMT transport coy? Make e go siddon one corner jare
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
jconsulting:
Peace Mass , vowed not to enter even if na only me Dem go carry, I remembered​ one accident in 2012 alng lokoja Abuja road , their PMT bus cut into two halves no survivors......Only God knows........hmmmmmmmm

Good Lord. Their accidents are fatal. This goes to say a lot about the state of speed in play.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Mbediogu(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lomprico2:

Most of their drivers are touts. Very rough and uncouth. If u caution them for reckless driving or over speeding na market u buy.

I will NEVER travel with them again instead i'll follow unregistered transport vehicle.

Try PMT from Port Harcourt to Enugu and recheck your BP when you disembark!
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Mbediogu(m): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Peace Mass Transit has more accidents than ALL other transport companies plying the Eastern route combined, that's a fact. Go and check past statistics of accidents or ask any FRSC officer in the eastern states.

The amount of accidents PMT vehicles are involved in within a month is more than the total number of accidents ABC has been involved in since inception.

Where there is injury there must be remedy
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by Lomprico2: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mbediogu:

Try PMT from Port Harcourt to Enugu and recheck your BP when you disembark!

Lol
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by CioAngels(f): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2018
Why would they have difficulty in locating families when they have their manifest booklet in their office? The deed has been done, otherwise burying without getting their families first was too fast and reason can be given for their no feel act.
Re: Our Loss; Our Pain: Pmt Regrets Itobe Accident, Pleads For Understanding. by richiepolymer(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2018
angry

You can call it demarketing all you want but I would rather trek if PMT was the only transport means available. Please tell me which of your accidents hasn't been head on collision? Tell me just one that hasn't?
Nigerians no dey hear word. If we know great people who are now 6ft because of PMTs useless and gehena sent drivers you will shiver.

Ikology:

Peace Mass Transit Limited
6 hrs ·
OUR LOSS; OUR PAIN:
PMT REGRETS ITOBE ACCIDENT, PLEADS FOR UNDERSTANDING.

We at Peace Mass Transit LTD, deeply regret and commiserate with families of victims of the August 14 accident at the Itobe end of the Lokoja-Abuja Road, involving one of our mini-buses.

Eye witness accounts of the unfortunate incident have been consistent, to wit: that a certain Peugeot 406 saloon car, bearing a large gas cylinder and coming from the opposite direction on top speed, while attempting to overtake another vehicle crashed into our bus head-on! The said PMT bus was, and remained on its rightful lane even at the point of the collision.

The resultant impact caused the gas cylinder to explode into a huge conflagration of fire which made it difficult for occupants of both vehicles to be rescued all alive.

Our sincere condolences go to the families of all the deceased passengers who had kept the faith with their preferred road transport service provider-PMT, but fell to the cold hands of death in those circumstances we view as most unfortunate.

It was also regrettable that national Emergency First Responders at the scene of the accident and natives of the area, apparently acting in good conscience, made the decision to honourably clear the thoroughfare, and inter the remains of deceased victims together, nearby. We have since been told on enquiry that the decision on internment was a collective one among the first responders, as a result of the state of the remains as the occupants were all burnt together so the bodies could not be seperated in anyway.

These same compatriots had also risked their lives to defy raging gas fire to pull out some passengers alive, moving them to hospital for treatment.

The life of every mortal is indeed in the hands of God,and at PMT, no safety consideration or concern is postponed for action for even a second,and the regulatory agencies can bear us out.

The ITOBE episode is the first of its kind in our history, hence, staff at all levels remain in deep, awful shock, even up till this moment.

Given a different scenario and circumstances, on another day, certain impulsive actions allowed on that occasion may have been handled differently, with more regard to peculiar sensibilities. Cultural and religious belief of those around also played a role here, but then, the noble motive and selfless efforts of these patriots that were on ground, could be put in the proper perspective, and appreciated.

We mourn our cherished passengers who were affected to no end, and send our heartfelt condolences to bereaved families. Your loss is our loss!

We place high premium on the welfare and safety of our dear Passengers. Clearly, we are in this situation, together. Please, be comforted.

We have kept in touch with majority of bereaved families and in frantic, committed efforts to reach the others whose contact details are not easily discernible from the travel manifest.

It is clearly a tough period for us at PMT, as we pledge our unwavering commitment to the safety of our travelling public who are the only reason we are in this ever challenging business called transportation.

Spare a thought for us in your prayers; we do, for you, all the time.
May God bless us all, and give all of us the Grace to carry on to His glory.

Signed: PEACE MASS TRANSIT LTD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? / Pictures Of A Nairalanders Visit To Cross-river State / Requirements To Renew Uk Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.