Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? (17438 Views)

White Woman Vows To Continue Sending Money To An African Man She Hasn't Met / How Long Should A Woman Wait For A Man To Get His Act Together? / How Long Should A Woman Wait For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by shadrach77: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2010
recently i met a lady on facebook and we began to develop a friendship, then i asked her her age and she said 39 - so i asked her why she hasn't been married and she claimed she was dating a man in 9ja and they got married and the man went to America and she waited for 9 years for the man to come back and take her but the man never came back and eventually she learnt that the man has gotten married in the US. She said they had been warning her since year five that gthe man was married in the US and she did not listen and waited another four years for him - the whole thing sounded like a cock and bull story to me - can a woman wait for 9 years for a man when they have no kids together? - how long would a woman wait for her love? 
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Kunbee: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
1 hour lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2010
shadrach77:

how long would a woman wait for her love?
sweetie there is no answer for that really. Every woman is different. Not everyone has
the same patient level, relationship, and circumstances. So it varies.

Speaking for myself, I can wait as long as possible if we love each other.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by 190: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2010
Awwww
dats so sweet!
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^^^absolutely! some may wait a week before moving on while others may wait more than this 9yrs.

@poster
imagine yourself in the situation where YOU are missing in the jungle, how long would you like your spouse to wait for you before she gives up on you and remarry?!
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Pamperme: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
Kunbee:

1 hour lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy You are  in olorunsogo not surulere  abi?

rokiatu:

sweetie there is no answer for that really. Every woman is different. Not everyone has
the same patient level, relationship, and circumstances. So a varies.

i will support you on that.  a friend's sister who will be getting married next month waited for this guy for 17 years, she's around 38 now.  people (even me) thought she should go for deliverance or something. but she and the man proved everyone wrong,
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by SALady(f): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
rokiatu:

the same patient level, relationship, and circumstances. So a varies.

Make two of us, but still i wont deny the possibility of having a squeeze on the side until you decide to come back home. Yes I said it.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Kunbee: 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
Pamperme:

cheesy cheesy You are  in olorunsogo not surulere  abi?

Rofl cheesy pls give me another clue on who u r, are u photochromic undecided
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by AyoAina: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
2 yrs
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by hbabe(f): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
It all depends on the love/bond that exists between us and his attitude for the duration he is away. But in all, I think all relationships should be given one year maximum to have direction after which everyone goes their way.
If I am married to him before he leaves, then there should be arrangements made as regarding the man performing his marital duties and if he fails to meet up within 2 years then its time to go. A lady of over 23 waiting endlessly for a guy she isnt married to is stupid while a woman of over 35 waiting for 9 years for her husband to return needs to sit down and have a rethink.
For me, one year max to give the relationship a direction and 2 years max to work out how husband and wife can be together.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by ufos77: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2010
as long as ur conscience and instinct tell you is OK
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Onchedu(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
shadrach77:

recently i met a lady on facebook and we began to develop a friendship, then i asked her her age and she said 39 - so i asked her why she hasn't been married and she claimed she was dating a man in 9ja and they got married and the man went to America and she waited for 9 years for the man to come back and take her but the man never came back and eventually she learnt that the man has gotten married in the US. She said they had been warning her since year five that gthe man was married in the US and she did not listen and waited another four years for him - the whole thing sounded like a cock and bull story to me - can a woman wait for 9 years for a man when they have no kids together? - how long would a woman wait for her love? 

Yes there are women and some men that would wait that long; some even longer. The rational behind it is lacking and the reasons why they do myt be illogical, however some do.

In this woman's case she was married to him so it can be understood, especially if he was in regular touch with her and she was with him. The question now is why on earth didnt she just go to the US to be with him?

Now going thru this waiting. Was she really waiting or is this one of thse pseudo waiting gimmicks where she's actually getting her "groove" on and doing a good job at not getting found out that becomes waiting when some other fella(s) get her heart broken?
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by iice(f): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
Long enough in the right situation.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Pweety4me(f): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2010
Y should i wait?when there are many other men around?

Depends
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Onchedu(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2010
don't say things like that Pweety. U never know who is listening or what they would make of it or of U.

Depends on what?
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by agathamari(f): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2010
a person regardless of gender can wait any lenght of time for the one they love, min you love. most people here seem to confuse lust, like and love. you can wait a while for a like and not at all for a love. if you are asking this question then obviously you have never truely been in love
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Orikinla(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2010
I know a young woman who waited for her man for 15 years and they had a beautiful wedding in Lagos last April.

The question is; is the person worth waiting for?

Oprah Winfrey was waiting for someone until she got tired and decided to remain single.

Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Pweety4me(f): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
Onchedu:

don't say things like that Pweety. U never know who is listening or what they would make of it or of U.

Depends on what?

Who is listening?lolz ok. . . smiley

Depends on d situation.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by bubugul(f): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2010
it all depends, as for me, i will never wait 4 a man who is not married to me
i can't wait 4 him whn we are just loves. i will miss him, but wait 4 him? no way!!
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by spicyhoney(f): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2010
Me I cant wait for more than 2 years. My guy has been out of the country for over a year now, he's supposed to be back this July but he's  thinking of extending his stay or even settling over there and me coming over. However me I have given him an ultimatum of August, if he doesn't come back, ve threatened to move on.
Although while he is away; we talk almost on a daily basis on phone and chat almost daily too with our webcam on.

But the truth is it aint easy, with all the temptations around u. wink and too many sore stories of love gone bad when a partner travels out. But anyhow sha, when u're truly in luv u'll wait but everything has its own limit.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by xxcarolxx(f): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2010
Sounds fishy she was married to this guy, and he went to the states and he got married again with out been divorced, and she still waited 9 yrs, fool, i'd of been long gone,
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by tpiah: 12:37am On Jul 03, 2010
a friend's sister who will be getting married next month waited for this guy for [size=14pt]17 years, [/size] she's around 38 now

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Tinksh(f): 12:59am On Jul 03, 2010
2 years is long enough! If he doesnt come back for me then he really doesnt want me!
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by Bonita(f): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2010
I think his case might be because he doesn't have his papers to travel back home. So, it could be many things sha.
Re: How Long Can A Woman Wait For A Man She Loves? by IRAPADA(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2010
A year or 2 at most

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable!! I Was Sexually Harassed By A Girl Last Night / Pictures Of The Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria - Silverbird MBGN 2012 Contest / Omg! This Lady's Bosom Will Certainly Drive You Crazy. (picture Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.