Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) (31958 Views)

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / Leaked Photos Of The 2018 Benz CLS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2018

With a reputation of being fun to drive and advanced technology, the Eclipse sports car was one of Mitsubishi's best-selling and iconic vehicles ever. Now, the Eclipse moniker is making its jubilant comeback with the same reputation for driving dynamics and technology in the form of a CUV, the all-new 2018 Eclipse Cross. The Eclipse Cross is a fusion of sharp coupe looks and dynamic SUV mobility with signature Mitsubishi styling, technology and driving confidence.

A compact CUV, the Eclipse Cross will join the Outlander Sport and Outlander to form a formidable CUV lineup for Mitsubishi. The Eclipse Cross contains many all-new features including a 1.5-liter direct-injection turbo- engine, dual-pane, power-sliding panoramic roof, 7-inch smartphone link thin display audio with touchpad controller, Head-Up Display (HUD), heated rear seats and the launch of MITSUBISHI CONNECT.

“The 2018 Eclipse Cross is an all-new product offering in one of the largest segments in the automotive industry. Our research and analysis show us that the CUV category will continue to grow for many years, and with the addition of the Eclipse Cross, Mitsubishi is well positioned with the right products at the right time,” said Don Swearingen, executive vice president and chief operating officer. “With its distinctive styling, advanced technology and all-new interior, the Eclipse Cross will be a very competitive CUV in its segment.”  

Almost immediately noticed once inside the Eclipse Cross is a high-resolution, thin display on top of the instrument panel. This 7-inch monitor is used to control the audio system and is able to connect to your smartphone. Apple CarPlay support and Android Auto compatible, the system can control apps via voice recognition through Google Assistant or Siri. 

Another new interior feature for the Eclipse Cross is a full-color Head-Up Display (HUD) that provides the driver with real-time vehicle information. The HUD provides driving information and critical safety messages to the driver, such as: speed, cruise control setting, Forward Collision Mitigation warnings, Lane Departure Warnings and paddle shift gear position. 

In the back of the Eclipse Cross, heated rear seats are available (SEL Touring Package).

Eclipse Cross comes standard with a 1.5-liter direct-injection turbo power plant that offers a compelling combination of drivability, performance and efficiency. This new turbo technology provides both strong torque and better fuel efficiency with 152 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 184 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm. It features advanced technology such as sodium filled exhaust valves to maximize performance and efficiency and the torque is greater than 2.0L and 2.4L engines in other Mitsubishi products.

The Eclipse Cross is equipped with Mitsubishi's proprietary, advanced S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control) system, which enhances both straight-line stability and cornering performance by precisely controlling the torque supplied to each of the four wheels.

Some of its safety features are Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Change Assist (LCA), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Adaptive Cruise Control System (ACC), Multi-View Camera System, Automatic High Beam (AHB) etc.

https://autojosh.com/mitsubishi-eclipse-cross

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
more

3 Likes

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by SenorFax(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
You wrote good for Nigerian road as if na everyone fit afford it.

Those that can afford it don't live where there is typical Nigerian road.

But honestly this car is bae.... cheesy

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
I never heard of it.
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by antagonist: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
all these out of touch car topics by autojosh

if you'll be a successful auto niche blogger you need to create better original content tailored to your primary audience.

here's a free idea;

get one each of 2003, 2010, 2013 and 2017 Toyota Corolla in an open quiet place

you can even partner with one of our car dealers in the auto section, shout them out or display their logo or contact info, promote them

do a detailed review, point out the different features, upgrades, pros and cons, etc

The views and feedback would be massive. It will sell itself

not all these Geneva auto show or bugatti Jollof rice topics the mods keep pushing to front page by force.

if you doubt me check how many of your front page topics get past the first page even with the irrelevant comments, compared to the other front page topics.

as it is now you're fighting with all those job vacancy people for least number of views and comments.

with time even nairaland front page would not help your blog with your copied content or boring original stuff

my 2 cents anyway. just my opinion

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Legolast: 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
God is my strength
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Hoodbilonia: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
crosstour back
dem sha wan copy honda crosstour dem
venza
acura tl dem

3 Likes

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by excomarow(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
Papa God bless, Please the works of my hands
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by chikids(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
Beautiful but Mitsubishi cars are not durable enough and lacks second hand value

1 Like

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by blujoi(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
Who still buys Mitsubishi these days? They failed to make good engines and their car designs are always wack! I’ll pass.

8 Likes

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by noble71(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
guy calm down. who provoke you?
antagonist:

if you'll be a successful auto niche blogger you need to create better original content tailored to your primary audience.

here's a free idea;

you can even partner with one of our car dealers in the auto section, shout them out or display their logo or contact info, promote them

do a detailed review, point out the different features, upgrades, pros and cons, etc

not all these Geneva auto show or bugatti Jollof rice topics the mods keep pushing to front page by force.

if you doubt me check how many of your front page topics get past the first page even with the irrelevant comments, compared to the other front page topics.

as it is now you're fighting with all those job vacancy people for least number of views and comments.

with time even nairaland front page would not help your blog with your copied content or boring original stuff

4 Likes

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by FarahAideed: 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
AutoJosh don dey accept ads oooo....nice !!!! How much did they pay

1 Like

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by ironheart(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
I was hoping to see it in lagos traffic
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by postbox: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Memory Lane... This made me remember my Dad's Mitsubishi Gallant.
This will also follow suit.

Unique design though...

1 Like

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by yimikaa: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
Another modified crv
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Goahead(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
Looks more like Toyota Venza replacement cool
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
I love your idea ...OP, over to you.

antagonist:

here's a free idea;

1 Like

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by amaniro: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Autojosh topics always moved to the front pagetongue

lipsrsealed
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2018
mitubishi a better product than honda...argue with mynd 44
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by FlutterDollar99(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
What can't good money buy ??
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
I love Japanese cars but not Mitsubishi.

But this crossover utility vehicle fine sha wink
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by KrystosCJ(m): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
antagonist:

here's a free idea;

Savage!!!

1 Like

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by deebrownneymar: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nice
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by playboy19(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Did anyone here see the advert posted on LinkedIn about this ride some few days ago? The advert featured a white guy rapping about the features of the car. It was really a very good advert. It has since gone viral as people were falling over for it. I'll check if I can still find it.
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by antagonist: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
noble71:
guy calm down. who provoke you?

nobody bro, original ideas are what moves a technical niche blog like autojosh.com forward.

plagiarism is not cool at all. like the Volvo thread the other day that also ended up on front page this post was also plagiarized.

if you doubt me go to

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/releases/all-new-mitsubishi-2018-eclipse-cross-offers-stimulating-design-confidence-inspiring-driving-and-technology-to-help-drive-your-ambition

that's the original post.

though its a media release, they copied it word for word and posted on autojosh, then lifted it again and posted on nairaland, and then used the copied article on autojosh.com as their source on nairaland, making it seem like an original autojosh.com content.

As was mentioned in that volvo thread,

if a crook steals from Bank A and deposits the stolen money in Bank B, and then used the money from bank B to pay bills to bank C, is the money not still stolen?

6 Likes

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Raphaeldhero(m): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nice new model.....dope tho
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Leun: 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hmm.
The suv looks like an Honda Crosstour from its rear and has a Toyota face-lift.

Dell 7000 Gaming Laptop
Core i7 7700hq 7th Generation
8gb Ram
1tb Harddrive
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4gb Dedicated 8gb Total
IPS Screen FHD
Red Backlit keyboard
Subwoofer
Battery life over 5 hrs
Location Lagos
Price 270k
Call 0813 916 4654
Thank you.

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by elijahy1(m): 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
AutoJosh, you no tell us how much for the car.
Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
antagonist:

nobody bro, original ideas are what moves a technical niche blog like autojosh.com forward.

plagiarism is not cool at all. like the Volvo thread the other day that also ended up on front page this post was also plagiarized.

if you doubt me go to

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/releases/all-new-mitsubishi-2018-eclipse-cross-offers-stimulating-design-confidence-inspiring-driving-and-technology-to-help-drive-your-ambition

that's the original post.

though its a media release, they copied it word for word and posted on autojosh, then lifted it again and posted on nairaland, and then used the copied article on autojosh.com as their source on nairaland, making it seem like an original autojosh.com content.

As was mentioned in that volvo thread,

if a crook steals from Bank A and deposits the stolen money in Bank B, and then used the money from bank B to pay bills to bank C, is the money not still stolen?

I had high hopes for the brand but it’s always disappointing.

One day someone else will take up the automotive scene in a Battabox style instead of this thieving sham.

2 Likes

Re: The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) by chigoizie7(m): 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
all I see is a Lexus Rx350

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout This Nigeria-made Mobile Mechanic Truck (photo) / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride / Photos & Videos Of The Classic Car Club Of Nigeria Independence Day Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.