Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Problem With Moderate Atheists - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem With Moderate Atheists (7096 Views)

Is Daddy Freeze The Problem With Nigerian Christianity? / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by budaatum: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
vaxx:
No i don't know, so can you make me to know? Budaatum.
No, not really vaxx. If you can't be intellectually honest you would never learn, not from me anyway.

But if you want to learn, just go over some of your own writings with some honesty. Read it as if someone else wrote it and you would at least see how you come across.

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
budaatum:

No, not really vaxx. If you can't be intellectually honest you would never learn, not from me anyway.

But if you want to learn, just go over some of your own writings with some honesty. Read it as if someone else wrote it and you would at least see how you come across.
This is 'Geldingsdrang' . it is a German word for such an individual like you, it is a disorder people suffer from - an extreme compulsion to draw attention to themselves - positive or negative - in order to be acknowledged or valued while making the person you are correcting look awkward

Don't appeal to my emotion. it is a coward trait....i almost expose your ignorance but thank Buddha you save it for another day.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by budaatum: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
geldingsdrang m (plural geldingsdrangen, diminutive geldingsdrangetje n)

compulsive need to impose one's will and gain respect, ambition, self-assertion.

Did you miss where Obi1kenobi said exactly the same thing about you? Just look a couple of posts down, you won't miss it.

Let me assure you that there are some very intelligent people on here who can see and reason for themselves, and if I do what you claim, you won't be the only one saying so. And to be honest, if I find myself doing as you claim, I will be very ashamed of myself when it becomes obvious to me that I am. I have left a long trail of it by now that I'd have to be stupid not to recognise that's what I do, especially if I am capable of identifying it in others.

So please, expose my ignorance. You will be doing me a favour by providing an opportunity for me to improve myself.

vaxx:
This is 'Geldingsdrang' . it is a German word for such an individual like you, it is a disorder people suffer from - an extreme compulsion to draw attention to themselves - positive or negative - in order to be acknowledged or valued while making the person you are correcting look awkward

Don't appeal to my emotion. it is a coward trait....i almost expose your ignorance but thank Buddha you save it for another day.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2018
budaatum:
geldingsdrang m (plural geldingsdrangen, diminutive geldingsdrangetje n)

compulsive need to impose one's will and gain respect, ambition, self-assertion.

Did you miss where Obi1kenobi said exactly the same thing about you? Just look a couple of posts down, you won't miss it.

Let me assure you that there are some very intelligent people on here who can see and reason for themselves, and if I do what you claim, you won't be the only one saying so. And to be honest, if I find myself doing as you claim, I will be very ashamed of myself when it becomes obvious to me that I am. I have left a long trail of it by now that I'd have to be stupid not to recognise that's what I do, especially if I am capable of identifying it in others.

So please, expose my ignorance. You will be doing me a favour by providing an opportunity for me to improve myself.

basket case on the run..... And let me help you, if you want to understand that deutch very well. Switch to deutch fallacy. It explain far better than wiki you quoted.

I once called you a pussy right? And you are on it again.

Ranting and complaining unnecessary
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by budaatum: 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
vaxx:
basket case on the run..... And let me help you, if you want to understand that deutch very well. Switch to deutch fallacy. It explain far better than wiki you quoted.

I once called you a pussy right? And you are on it again.
Call me whatever you want. We all know you'd be the first to scream ad hominem too. The facts though, have quite a lot to say. It's the beauty of the written word. Like broken eggs, you can't fix it, just as you can't possibly go back and wipe out all the evidence you've left behind showing the poverty of your ability to reason or even discuss with a modicum of honesty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
budaatum:

Call me whatever you want. We all know you'd be the first to scream ad hominem too. The facts though, have quite a lot to say. It's the beauty of the written word. Like broken eggs, you can't fix it, just as you can't possibly go back and wipe out all the evidence you've left behind showing the poverty of your ability to reason or even discuss with a modicum of honesty.
who press the control p (personal ) plus shift and the E tab?(Emotion).

Is causing a lot of unneccasry ranting here.anyway I
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by budaatum: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
vaxx:
who press the control p (personal ) plus shift and the E tab?(Emotion).

Is causing a lot of unneccasry ranting here.anyway I
Augh, you poor sod. I feel for you.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
i agree wit you 100%.i think dat until humanity has full knowledge,we should all be sitting on the fence;we should all be agnostics.
Lol. I didn't mean people should turn to agnosticism, i meant that an agnostics is still more logical than those who are pure atheist. Because as an atheist, if you say you believe God doesn't exist, such belief is based on 100% falsehood. Nobody on earth, before, now or in the future can say or prove in any TANGIBLE WAY that God doesn't exist. There is no way to prove or nothing to support that kind of believe, that is why atheism is invalid. Either atheism or agnostics, nobody needs any of them. God exists, it's clear and simple but if you want to play smart, you confuse yourself and start claiming there is no evidence, and you may never seem to get any evidence(though they exist everywhere). God can be tricksy some times, if you want to play smart, you will only fool yourself. Jesus many times spoke in parables, sincere people will still understand eventually while those think they're smarter than God get confused.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by LordReed(m): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Lol. I didn't mean people should turn to agnosticism, i meant that an agnostics is still more logical than those who are pure atheist. Because as an atheist, if you say you believe God doesn't exist, such belief is based on 100% falsehood. Nobody on earth, before, now or in the future can say or prove in any TANGIBLE WAY that God doesn't exist. There is no way to prove or nothing to support that kind of believe, that is why atheism is invalid. Either atheism or agnostics, nobody needs any of them. God exists, it's clear and simple but if you want to play smart, you confuse yourself and start claiming there is no evidence, and you may never seem to get any evidence(though they exist everywhere). God can be tricksy some times, if you want to play smart, you will only fool yourself. Jesus many times spoke in parables, sincere people will still understand eventually while those think they're smarter than God get confused.

You give God credit for creating the universe, yet never wonder why such an intelligent God cannot communicate unequivocally with no doubt as to his intentions and desires. It is not us who are fooled, it is you. You who are chasing your own shadow and don't realise it. Everytime the question is asked for evidence of God you equivocate and say he is mysterious. If he created the universe then he cannot be mysterious or how did you know he created the universe? Think my friend.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

You give God credit for creating the universe, yet never wonder why such an intelligent God cannot communicate unequivocally with no doubt as to his intentions and desires. It is not us who are fooled, it is you. You who are chasing your own shadow and don't realise it. Everytime the question is asked for evidence of God you equivocate and say he is mysterious. If he created the universe then he cannot be mysterious or how did you know he created the universe? Think my friend.
It all depends on your definition of 'unequivocally' and the kind of 'evidence' you want before you would want to accept there is a God. Perhaps you want God to appear in the room of everyone once a year or he should fly down and give a public talk at the end of every year or you want to see angels fly like birds in the air every night. In a normal way, everything in life makes it so loud of existence of a God, but for those who take things to extreme, always wanting everything to happen the way they want it before they agree, life is never like that. Some things happen on your terms the exact way you want it while others happen their way. Intentions of life, purpose of life, essence of life, reasons for different characters of life, future of the world and many other questions of life. All these science can never answer, only the existence of God can because he is the one that made all things. The order of things in life, hierarchy of things in life and how things work are all in accordance with the evidence of God we have. Merely looking at life, one would simply know there is a God, it's instinctive, you see it and you know it and when you probe a little you can easily confirm it, but it's possible you go to extreme and start demanding everything happens this way or that way before you believe.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

It all depends on your definition of 'unequivocally' and the kind of 'evidence' you want before you would want to accept there is a God. Perhaps you want God to appear in the room of everyone once a year or he should fly down and give a public talk at the end of every year or you want to see angels fly like birds in the air every night. In a normal way, everything in life makes it so loud of existence of a God, but for those who take things to extreme, always wanting everything to happen the way they want it before they agree, life is never like that. Some things happen on your terms the exact way you want it while others happen their way. Intentions of life, purpose of life, essence of life, reasons for different characters of life, future of the world and many other questions of life. All these science can never answer, only the existence of God can because he is the one that made all things. The order of things in life, hierarchy of things in life and how things work are all in accordance with the evidence of God we have. Merely looking at life, one would simply know there is a God, it's instinctive, you see it and you know it and when you probe a little you can easily confirm it, but it's possible you go to extreme and start demanding everything happens this way or that way before you believe.

Its not about wanting things my way. You talk about instinctive, which child doesn't want to see a mother that took care of it with love and affection? If God is this great loving being how is it selfish to want him to relate as any parent would? How are we supposed to rely on an inaccurate account of things that happened more than 2000yrs ago?

You are simply attributing unexplained phenomena to god just as our primitive forebears did. Today we discard those gods because we discover there is no god hurling lightning from the skies. There are no gods in the seas or rivers. Now that we see that natural phenomena have naturalistic explanations, all this god business is moved to the unseen realms so that when asked for evidence you point to mystery. Yet you'd have us believe this God is communicating from beyond a veil which only a privileged few can peer behind. If he can do that what stops him from actually communicating to the rest?

I personally do not care if a god communicates or not because it seems the world turns without him/it.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by felaismyhero(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Lol. I didn't mean people should turn to agnosticism, i meant that an agnostics is still more logical than those who are pure atheist. Because as an atheist, if you say you believe God doesn't exist, such belief is based on 100% falsehood. Nobody on earth, before, now or in the future can say or prove in any TANGIBLE WAY that God doesn't exist. There is no way to prove or nothing to support that kind of believe, that is why atheism is invalid. Either atheism or agnostics, nobody needs any of them. God exists, it's clear and simple but if you want to play smart, you confuse yourself and start claiming there is no evidence, and you may never seem to get any evidence(though they exist everywhere).
ah,brother,u disappoint me.u are right that atheism doesnt have concrete proofs,but theism too doesnt have valid proofs too.i think that the smartest thing wud be to have enough knowledge before taking a side.yes! the wise thing is for all humans is to be agnostics!
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
ah,brother,u disappoint me.u are right that atheism doesnt have concrete proofs,but theism too doesnt have valid proofs too.i think that the smartest thing wud be to have enough knowledge before taking a side.yes! the wise thing is for all humans is to be agnostics!
what is more important, to believe or to know? Knowledge here is an abstract as it is a combination of both opinion and believe.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by felaismyhero(m): 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
what is more important, to believe or to know? Knowledge here is an abstract as it is a combination of both opinion and believe.
i go with to know.everything we are is as a result of the knowledge we have(or experience).i dont understand wat u mean by knowledge being the combo of opinion and believe.knowledge for me, means facts,truths,(or the way it really is).in every field of study,there is are truths.and am sure that with extraordinary things too,there are truths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
i go with to know.everything we are is as a result of the knowledge we have(or experience).i dont understand wat u mean by knowledge being the combo of opinion and believe.knowledge for me, means facts,truths,(or the way it really is).in every field of study,there is are truths.and am sure that with extraordinary things too,there are truths
sometime believe is the only thing available when there is know knowledge possible.Believing is an imprescindible human tool. That has work when knowledge was unreachable.

Your fact, truths are combo of opinion and belief ( in fact is an highest form of wisdom

One cannot even know ones birthdate without belief and faith.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

Its not about wanting things my way. You talk about instinctive, which child doesn't want to see a mother that took care of it with love and affection? If God is this great loving being how is it selfish to want him to relate as any parent would? How are we supposed to rely on an inaccurate account of things that happened more than 2000yrs ago?

You are simply attributing unexplained phenomena to god just as our primitive forebears did. Today we discard those gods because we discover there is no god hurling lightning from the skies. There are no gods in the seas or rivers. Now that we see that natural phenomena have naturalistic explanations, all this god business is moved to the unseen realms so that when asked for evidence you point to mystery. Yet you'd have us believe this God is communicating from beyond a veil which only a privileged few can peer behind. If he can do that what stops him from actually communicating to the rest?

I personally do not care if a god communicates or not because it seems the world turns without him/it.

Alright. Every child wants to see a mother is still different from a child saying it's mother never exists just because he/she didn't see her. Even if a child grew up in an orphanage, it definitely has a mother maybe runaway, dead or whatever the case may be. That does not prove in anyway the mother doesn't exist or never existed.
Having said that, God exists and he also cares, but things are far more advanced than the instance of the small nuclear cell of just a child and mother. We referring to the whole universe here. The more vast, wide, complicated and populated, always dictates the approach.
In a small school or place of work, you may choose to physically be with your lecturer or boss at work 24hrs a day but in a whole country Buhari cannot be everywhere physically and do everything or reach every single Nigerian one or one, though he is the president. That is why there are different means, delegates, procedures, systems, orders, helms of government and sub-leaders through which the president eventually achieves his mission all the way from federal to the local and individuals.
That is not exactly the case of God and the universe, I'm only painting a picture. God is not limited like a president but at the same time, there are logical orders, procedures he does things not just do things anyhow.
There is a single universe divided into different dependent at the same time independent smaller universe with peculiar laws and others things follow. Humans live in a natural and physical universe where there are laws, rules that corresponds to how natural universe should be. Same reason we can study, discover and explain things in a logical natural way and follow natural laws of nature to make artificial universe and invention. That's why normally you walk, you don't just disappear from one place to another, if that happens, then that is odd and strange. So, God too follows the natural channels and physical to speak, reveal, and to show love. Not that spectacular/strange/magical/miraculous things cannot happen that defies natural norms, strange things happen all the time. But most times, before you look for spectacular signs, first look around because in the natural, physical ways and laws of life and nature, God has already revealed himself, God has already shown love, God has already spoken and still speaking.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by felaismyhero(m): 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
sometime believe is the only thing available when there is know knowledge possible.Believing is an imprescindible human tool. That has work when knowledge was unreachable.

Your fact, truths are combo of opinion and belief ( in fact is an highest form of wisdom

One cannot even know ones birthdate without belief and faith.
it did not work! blind belief never works.did it work when the europeans believed that the earth was static and the sun revolved around it? or when ancient africans buried their kinsmen alive hoping for rain.knowledge was wat saved humanity,knowledge is wat will answer our prayers not one god.and knowledge is always achieveable;you may only need thousand of years to.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
Alright but though someone can never have any proof that God doesn't exist, but someone can have 50%, 60%, 70% or even 100% evidence that God exists. It all depends on different occurrences everyone is exposed to in life. But on a normal natural level, everyone is exposed to 100% natural world that can give 100% conviction that there is God, it's now left for each person to accept the simple things or reject this and demand for spectacular things before you believe. Some got the spectacular, others didn't.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
it did not work! blind belief never works.did it work when the europeans believed that the earth was static and the sun revolved around it? or when ancient africans buried their kinsmen alive hoping for rain.knowledge was wat saved humanity,knowledge is wat will answer our prayers not one god.and knowledge is always achieveable;you may only need thousand of years to.
You don't even get it. do you? Believe can be faith or it can be reason.

Knowing something, on the other hand, implies a certain rigidity incompatible with science. Science always allow for further information that may change or modify existing conclusion .
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by felaismyhero(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
You don't even get it. do you? Believe can be faith or it can be reason.

Knowing something, on the other hand, implies a certain rigidity incompatible with science. Science always allow for further information that may change or modify existing conclusion .

science is always looking for truths.when a 'truth' has to be modified,then it was never true.i speak of basic truths.science is the only route through which we can find knowledge.basic truths are true irrespective of d prevailing opinions.dalton's atomic theory was not a basic truth,tho it was d truth at some time.but we know the truths about atoms today that can never change.

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
science is always looking for truths.when a 'truth' has to be modified,then it was never true.i speak of basic truths.science is the only route through which we can find knowledge.basic truths are true irrespective of d prevailing opinions.dalton's atomic theory was not a basic truth,tho it was d truth at some time.but we know the truths about atoms today that can never change.
This is what logicians call a false dilemma fallacy. Again, you cannot even know your birthdate without faith. You have faith that F=MA will be true tomorrow as it was yesterday.. It can soleny be base on faith and belief that your existing knowledge will rested. Science is working base on this.....
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by LordReed(m): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Alright. Every child wants to see a mother is still different from a child saying it's mother never exists just because he/she didn't see her. Even if a child grew up in an orphanage, it definitely has a mother maybe runaway, dead or whatever the case may be. That does not prove in anyway the mother doesn't exist or never existed.
Having said that, God exists and he also cares, but things are far more advanced than the instance of the small nuclear cell of just a child and mother. We referring to the whole universe here. The more vast, wide, complicated and populated, always dictates the approach.
In a small school or place of work, you may choose to physically be with your lecturer or boss at work 24hrs a day but in a whole country Buhari cannot be everywhere physically and do everything or reach every single Nigerian one or one, though he is the president. That is why there are different means, delegates, procedures, systems, orders, helms of government and sub-leaders through which the president eventually achieves his mission all the way from federal to the local and individuals.
That is not exactly the case of God and the universe, I'm only painting a picture. God is not limited like a president but at the same time, there are logical orders, procedures he does things not just do things anyhow.
There is a single universe divided into different dependent at the same time independent smaller universe with peculiar laws and others things follow. Humans live in a natural and physical universe where there are laws, rules that corresponds to how natural universe should be. Same reason we can study, discover and explain things in a logical natural way and follow natural laws of nature to make artificial universe and invention. That's why normally you walk, you don't just disappear from one place to another, if that happens, then that is odd and strange. So, God too follows the natural channels and physical to speak, reveal, and to show love. Not that spectacular/strange/magical/miraculous things cannot happen that defies natural norms, strange things happen all the time. But most times, before you look for spectacular signs, first look around because in the natural, physical ways and laws of life and nature, God has already revealed himself, God has already shown love, God has already spoken and still speaking.

If god has spoken and is still speaking there wouldn't be a 1001 different interpretation of what he wants and how to worship him. Instead we have a confused mess of religions and sects of religions all claiming to be the definitive authority on god.

Deeper Life will say because they preach holiness only they will make heaven, Jehovah's Witness with say because they are only 8million in the world they are the only ones who Jehovah will save, Muslims will say the Prophet Mohammed got the last revelation of God's complete work so all unbelievers should be subjugated. And on and on, so who is right?

If an intelligent creator of the universe can't even sort out the basics of what people should believe then I don't even see how you think you know anything.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by felaismyhero(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Alright but though someone can never have any proof that God doesn't exist, but someone can have 50%, 60%, 70% or even 100% evidence that God exists. It all depends on different occurrences everyone is exposed to in life. But on a normal natural level, everyone is exposed to 100% natural world that can give 100% conviction that there is God, it's now left for each person to accept the simple things or reject this and demand for spectacular things before you believe. Some got the spectacular, others didn't.
hmmm,both sides have proofs which for me are inconclusive.and i think most atheist give proofs based on their anger with god;like asking if he is god,why cant he stop evil? and stuffs like dat.i think if god has freewill like i do,he should be able to do watever he wants.but my problem with religion is that i think religion is false.false stories,fake tales,pure myths not backed by history or science.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by felaismyhero(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
This is what logicians call a false dilemma fallacy. Again, you cannot even know your birthdate without faith. You have faith that F=MA will be true tomorrow as it was yesterday.. It can soleny be base on faith and belief that your existing knowledge will rested. Science is working base on this.....
if i tell someone my date of birth,and he doubts it.i swear i wud never argue with the person.he is rite,i wasnt there.i hope you know that in science,information goes through different filters to be accepted as truth.though from one scientist,it is tried and tested by numerous scientists in different part of d world to ascertain its veracity.anything that remain true even through tests and trials can never be untrue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
felaismyhero:
if i tell someone my date of birth,and he doubts it.i swear i wud never argue with the person.he is rite,i wasnt there.i hope you know that in science,information goes through different filters to be accepted as truth.though from one scientist,it is tried and tested by numerous scientists in different part of d world to ascertain its veracity.anything that remain true even through tests and trials can never be untrue.
This continue to work all time, so long science exist, trial and test will continue regardless of existing conclusion. And whatever it is the current result of yesterday will only be base on existing belief or faith tomorrow. Science is rested on faith to formulate and come into conclusion. Newton was making lot of sense before Albert Einesten came to modify it.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by budaatum: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Because as an atheist, if you say you believe God doesn't exist, such belief is based on 100% falsehood. Nobody on earth, before, now or in the future can say or prove in any TANGIBLE WAY that God doesn't exist.
I agree. A pure atheist who believes God doesn't exist is illogical. A pure atheist should not believe, gods exist or not, not to speak believe falsehoods. To chose to believe or not believe that a thing exists without bothering to find out either way, is illogical. A pure atheist, (I hate the term by the way) would rather 'know', so would have searched diligently.

Your claim that one can not know just makes one wonder what it is that believers are worshipping.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by budaatum: 11:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
This continue to work all time, so long science exist, trial and test will continue regardless of existing conclusion. And whatever it is the current result of yesterday will only be base on existing belief or faith tomorrow. Science is rested on faith to formulate and come into conclusion. Newton was making lot of sense before Albert Einesten came to modify it.
Yet Newton was not basing his conclusions on "belief and faith", but on the evidence before him and his understanding of it, which he was able to present and have reviewed by others. To claim science is based on "faith and belief" is a clear misunderstanding of science.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
LordReed:

If god has spoken and is still speaking there wouldn't be a 1001 different interpretation of what he wants and how to worship him. Instead we have a confused mess of religions and sects of religions all claiming to be the definitive authority on god.

Deeper Life will say because they preach holiness only they will make heaven, Jehovah's Witness with say because they are only 8million in the world they are the only ones who Jehovah will save, Muslims will say the Prophet Mohammed got the last revelation of God's complete work so all unbelievers should be subjugated. And on and on, so who is right?

If an intelligent creator of the universe can't even sort out the basics of what people should believe then I don't even see how you think you know anything.
I get you perfectly well. Let me point out something at this point. In this life we are in, either you call yourself a theist or an atheist, there are and will always be questions we may not get answers to now. If we go by religion, everyone ask questions, theists too ask questions they've not gotten answers too, if we should also go with science, there are many questions science has and cannot answer. There will always be questions, best thing is to stick with the things you're sure of and not judge by what you don't know.
Having said that, about issue of religion, assuming things are the way they should be, knowing the true religion from God should not be problem whatsoever but everything is just mixed up right now. It is not the job of God to come down to the streets to be proclaiming which one is the right religion. Each human being is the reflection of God and representative of God on earth. And the follower of any religion is the delegate of the god(s) he/she serves. It is job of each follower to show the world who they serve. We're the hands of God, we're the eyes of God, we're the mouth of God, we're all meant to represent God here. That is the purpose of each human. If each followers portray who they serve, it would have been easier to say who is from God and who is not. But things like this may be so, the earth is already winding to it's end. At the same time, if men fail to perform their responsibility, God has different ways to reach out to those who need the truth, that's why you would see different vids of people saying someone appeared to them and other stories like that. That is why religion can never be destroyed, when the normal means refuse to yield, God will find a way of reaching out. But not everyone will automatically get something appearing to them. That's why you should be sincere with yourself, seek for the truth, instead of being unnecessarily criticizing everything. If you're sincere and ready to accept the truth, but if after all, you still didn't get any signal of conviction then maybe you can have a case against God. But if you're sincere and serious about it, you should have a signal, but the first right step is not by claiming there is no God.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by Bacteriologist(m): 12:39am On Oct 03, 2018
danvon:
The problem with moderate atheists < this as you might have guessed is a reaction to a post of opposite title

There are two branches of Atheism the weak and the strong

The weak- This type believes there is no god but believes in good and evil

Their phrase is 'live and let live' they believe morality is ingrained in us they are liberalists so let's call them that

The Strong- This type believes there is no God, no good and evil they view laws as inventions of those in authority therefore everyman should strive to be the authority, they summarize their beliefs in one phrase 'Survival of the fittest'

These atheists usually believe in violence as the best solution in life they are models of fascists let's call them supremacists

The liberalists often accuse Christianity of inequality they point at the Atlantic slave trade, they point at women's right, they call Christianity a slave religion "slaves obey your earthly masters" most of them don't see anything wrong with homosexuality as long as it's within the legal age of consent..

they say the world was a better place until Christianity came along

The Supremacists e.g Fredriche Nietzsche believed the exact opposite 'the ancient Romans were not Christians yet they believed women were household properties they were not Christians but they believed Slavery was good' he accused Christianity of being the first religion that tolerated and promoted weakness 'Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth' they believe Christianity is the source of all equality..

most of them don't see anything wrong with homosexuality especially if it is practiced among children

likewise they also say the world was a much better place until Christianity came along

Now in this day and age supremacists are very few, liberalists keep pointing at themselves as the true atheists, they say atheists like Stalin killed for political reasons (what other reason should an atheist kill for? Religious?)

They are always preaching 'live and let live' but always failing over and over again to tell us upon what authority their beliefs are based... God? Satan? surely not Nature, where in the wild have you seen living organisms minding their own business?...the grass blocks the sunlight of other grasses, the deer eats the grass the lion eats the deer other animals fight against the lion for territory and so on, for one organism to live successfully others around it must perish whether by peaceful slow competition or by a violent sudden one

like Richard Dawkins postulated ideas are living organisms called memes

for one idea to survive and reproduce it must out of necessity bring down those around it whether slowly or instantly the only way two different organisms can truly live together is if they mutually work together to bring the downfall of other living organisms

These liberalists often accuse modern Christians of being affected by secularism while it's the direct opposite... IT IS THEY that have been affected by secularism

They frequently contradict themselves in their daily lives, when you ask what is the source of morality? expect an epistle

They talk about legal age of consent, who made legal legal? Legality is an invention of man what man has made...man can destroy

The problem with them is they make it very hard to stamp out the true radical Atheists they protect evil by calling themselves good... these wolves in sheeps clothing are much more dangerous than the true atheists always preaching what they don't believe... they don't believe in evolution they don't believe in creation in summary they fight against everything that Christians are already fighting against yet accusing Christians of being the cause like a parasite their very movement is suicidal all it aims to do is bring down Christianity and other religions with it so the true Atheists the true supremacists can reign as lords forever in the end there would be a huge clapback these moments of freedom is expiring women would be slaves permanently blacks would be slaves permanently because they did give us freedom just to prove to us why they should take it.

This posts makes zero sense. An atheist is someone who totally lacks belief in the existence of any deity or God. Nothing more nothing less.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by LordReed(m): 1:26am On Oct 03, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

I get you perfectly well. Let me point out something at this point. In this life we are in, either you call yourself a theist or an atheist, there are and will always be questions we may not get answers to now. If we go by religion, everyone ask questions, theists too ask questions they've not gotten answers too, if we should also go with science, there are many questions science has and cannot answer. There will always be questions, best thing is to stick with the things you're sure of and not judge by what you don't know.
Having said that, about issue of religion, assuming things are the way they should be, knowing the true religion from God should not be problem whatsoever but everything is just mixed up right now. It is not the job of God to come down to the streets to be proclaiming which one is the right religion. Each human being is the reflection of God and representative of God on earth. And the follower of any religion is the delegate of the god(s) he/she serves. It is job of each follower to show the world who they serve. We're the hands of God, we're the eyes of God, we're the mouth of God, we're all meant to represent God here. That is the purpose of each human. If each followers portray who they serve, it would have been easier to say who is from God and who is not. But things like this may be so, the earth is already winding to it's end. At the same time, if men fail to perform their responsibility, God has different ways to reach out to those who need the truth, that's why you would see different vids of people saying someone appeared to them and other stories like that. That is why religion can never be destroyed, when the normal means refuse to yield, God will find a way of reaching out. But not everyone will automatically get something appearing to them. That's why you should be sincere with yourself, seek for the truth, instead of being unnecessarily criticizing everything. If you're sincere and ready to accept the truth, but if after all, you still didn't get any signal of conviction then maybe you can have a case against God. But if you're sincere and serious about it, you should have a signal, but the first right step is not by claiming there is no God.

You speak of god like you speak of an addled or disabled being, unable do things with vigor. Why would the creator of the universe employ subtle means when he created a vigorous universe? Why is he hiding in shadows like a thief if he loves and cares for us? These I just can't reconcile. Maybe for you it is enough but for me it is a sure sign the being beyond the veil is nothing but our ignorance wearing a big masquerade mask.
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by danvon(m): 4:34am On Oct 03, 2018
Bacteriologist:

This posts makes zero sense. An atheist is someone who totally lacks belief in the existence of any deity or God. Nothing more nothing less.
A Muslim is someone who believes in Allah nothing more nothing less undecided
Re: The Problem With Moderate Atheists by vaxx: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2018
budaatum:

Yet Newton was not basing his conclusions on "belief and faith", but on the evidence before him and his understanding of it, which he was able to present and have reviewed by others. To claim science is based on "faith and belief" is a clear misunderstanding of science.
how Ever you characterise your believe , yet you still could not know without believe. And great mind like Newton understand this concept except you Buddha. faith and belief = produced by a reliable mechanism equals to knowledge . So belief is more important, even knowing contains the word belief in it.

I have demonstrate this evidence in many of my thread. Yet you still misunderstood it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God? / What Is The Acceptable Mourning Period For Christians? / AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.