Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land (39357 Views)

40 American Students Take Igbo Names After Tracing Ancestry To Igboland / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2018
LZAA:

Sarkin and Roger3D wee not sleep well tonight cuz of this grin
Cc immhotep greenback sharpshoota gmbuharii
sarrki and other APCheat followers right now.

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
That's one thing I can never do in my life. Ever since I left Nigeria, I've forgotten anything called inheritance and have moved on with my life.

You have forever cut off your tie to your soul then? I am not referring to the inheritance you mentioned...but, you sound like "someone who has left backwardness behind and moved on to enjoy real life" no?
If I am wrong, forgive my "presumptive-ness"
If I am right, poor, poor you darling.
Either way, have a happy life ahead
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hotfreeze:
They came straight to Anambra. They refused going to meet lesser Igbos.

We have Eri's home in Anambra, so that is the first port of call for any returnee. Instead of Ani Eri or after that they can go to Aro...Ndigbo have no problem with that, thank you for your care.
P.S...your plan to foment/brew trouble is DOA darling...embrace love and live and let live and see yourself soar
While at it read a book on this NL by africason, Google search "intellectual slavery, the worst legacy of colonialism" and get knowledge, and be sure to spread it, instead of spreading what you are spreading here cheesy
Sending good thoughts your way...may your life be happy

https://archive.org/details/intellectual_slavery_the_worst_legacy_of_colonialism%22

3 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Kolping: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
@immhotep
Could you provide the title and author of the book for the page you posted.

immhotep:

Bro, go and study.
Stop recycling Nigger-Area propaganda grin grin

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
...Ndigbo esika!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by davidbanner(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sarkin:
I just hope that the jobless lazy aggressive idiotic pigs of Bi@fra terrorists won't prey on their vulnerability right now and initiate them into their illegal activities.
you are an ethnically biased fool..
even if wisdom, knowledge and understanding rape you, you'll still remain a fool
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
Kolping:
@immhotep
Could you provide the title and author of the book for the page you posted.
Here is the title page. He wrote an entire chapter on the similarities between Omenala and Hebraic customs, starting from page 411.

The author also published another book which you can download here ==>>> https://ia802504.us.archive.org/9/items/amongibosofniger00basd/amongibosofniger00basd_bw.pdf

1 Like

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by franchasng: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
That's one thing I can never do in my life. Ever since I left Nigeria, I've forgotten anything called inheritance and have moved on with my life.
if your papa win a governorship election now, we will catch you at MM2 sneaking in like Buhari sneaking in from London after 3 months on a way march cheesy cheesy
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
mrjaydee:
Igbo Emeka grin
Afonja, how the Kaliphate masters today na. grin grin

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d IbrahimDamola

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by gwama: 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
What do you give it? Thank the slavers for bringing your ancestors to the USA and Canada, if not you will be crossing the desert of Libya to reach the land of the white man. cool cool
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by chosenwan1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
If only others can follow suit, come home and be with your people
ChangeIsCostant:
A group of Nigerians in diaspora, having traced their roots to Igboland via DNA, decided to come back home in Anambra state over their inheritance. 

According to the traditional ruler, ten African Americans/Canadian of Igbo ancestry, were inducted as brothers and sisters and also issued with Igbo names and allocated plots of land for residence during the last Eri Festival in Aguleri, Anambra East Local Government Area.

Here are pictures of how it went down. 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/nigerians-based-abroad-storm-anambra-community-over-inheritance.html
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by mildflame: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
the latest SCAM in town
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by bamasite(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
These ones were either not doing well over there, which makes them very terrible failures, or they just wanted to be adventurous and take some pictures, taking advantage of the black man's love for anything tagged obodo bekee grin grin grin

Please don't quote me oo, I am having headache lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by fujirice: 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
greatbuc:
bro I met you at Ikeja yesterday now.. Or you've started astral travelling again?
grin grin grin
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Lilimax(f): 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Jokkarm2:
ibu ewu hausa.
Not ewu Hausa na Ewu Awusa grin
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by NiggasInParis: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ide ji Obodo!
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by toye440: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
We dey reason how to run this ones they follow adventure come this contraption. Bia biko borrow me ur Canadian nationality for just 2 days.
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by marvinsync(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

don't kid urself
ur on NAIRALAND aren't u ?
constantly keeping and checking up on Nigerian news

the sooner u realize that Nigeria is the only country u have the better for u ,
u can take the boy out of the jungle but u can't take the jungle out of the boy
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Kolping: 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Thanks. Funny enough I have a similar book by the author, George Thomas Basden entitled "Among the Ibos of Nigeria " published in 1921. It seems the book was then republished as Niger Ibos in 1938 and reprinted in 1966 by Frank Cass.

immhotep:

Here is the title page. He wrote an entire chapter on the similarities between Omenala and Hebraic customs, starting from page 411.

The author also published another book which you can download here ==>>> https://ia802504.us.archive.org/9/items/amongibosofniger00basd/amongibosofniger00basd_bw.pdf
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

My dear yoruba muslim brother, how jankara human parts business? grin
I'm Igbo from Abia state. I'm a full blooded APC buhari loyalist.
we Will take over the whole South East by 2019.
you ipob terrorist can keep wailing
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by IbrahimDamola: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
I'm Igbo from Abia state. I'm a full blooded APC buhari loyalist.
we Will take over the whole South East by 2019.
you ipob terrorist can keep wailing

I agree with you my yoruba muslim brother.
Insha Allahu! Amin kufayakun! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by bigfrancis21: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
A group of Nigerians in diaspora, having traced their roots to Igboland via DNA, decided to come back home in Anambra state over their inheritance. 

According to the traditional ruler, ten African Americans/Canadian of Igbo ancestry, were inducted as brothers and sisters and also issued with Igbo names and allocated plots of land for residence during the last Eri Festival in Aguleri, Anambra East Local Government Area.

Here are pictures of how it went down. 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/nigerians-based-abroad-storm-anambra-community-over-inheritance.html

FisifunKododada:
Yoruba ALWAYS Amaka. grin grin grin Meanwhile that culture from that other side have ZERO diasporic recognition. All they do is running around kissing white Isreali yanch in the vain hope they can be recognized as Jews grin grin grin

@bold2....madam sisiekoorioda though grin

1 Like

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by bigfrancis21: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
merahki:

We have Eri's home in Anambra, so that is the first port of call for any returnee. Instead of Ani Eri or after that they can go to Aro...Ndigbo have no problem with that, thank you for your care.
P.S...your plan to foment/brew trouble is DOA darling...embrace love and live and let live and see yourself soar
While at it read a book on this NL by africason, Google search "intellectual slavery, the worst legacy of colonialism" and get knowledge, and be sure to spread it, instead of spreading what you are spreading here cheesy
Sending good thoughts your way...may your life be happy

https://archive.org/details/intellectual_slavery_the_worst_legacy_of_colonialism%22

Even though i'm from Anambra but the bulk of Igbo slaves (at least 55% to 65% came from southern Igboland or modern-day Abia state, Imo state and some Igbo-speaking parts of Rivers state such as Etche) and I would think they would report to those states directly, given their Igbo roots most likely originating from there. Though the DNA testing system has no way of pinpointing exactly which Igbo state an Igbo descendant comes from, it only tells which tribe one's DNA matches, thus making it difficult to trace one's ancestry to one's exact village or state.

By their induction in Igboland and plots of land allocated to them, these people are now recognized as Igbos and should apply for a Nigerian passport in due time.

3 Likes

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
It's all abt money to their elders and leaders. Give them money and they'll do anything. grin

tiffnubu ur greatest leader is presently running helter skelter about the same money grin
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2018
hammer6F:
U JUST KNOW THAT IS TRUE, WEN U MATCH THEIR FACE TO OTHER IGBO PEOPLE AND THEIR BODY POSTURE.

HE LOOKS LIKE ALEX REPORTING TWIN.

ALMOST 400 YEARS AND THE IGBO FACIAL FEATURES ARE STILL VERY STRONG.

The black man's blood is very strong bro.

1 Like

Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The only problem facing the Yoruba as a people is their extreme jealousy towards the IGBOS.

Lols �
I call this delusion of grandiosity
Re: Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2018
Ornament2003:

Lols �
I call this delusion of grandiosity
Tell us about your Igbo wife grin

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss omenka tossie101

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Aanu: My life Threatened For Walking Out Of My Marriage - Alaafin's Wife / Did Olori Wuraola Confirm The Crash Of Her Marriage With This? / Naming Ceremony Of Alaafin Of Oyo's Twins With Memunat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.