Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler (431 Views)

Groom Checking His Phone While Walking Down The Aisle With His Wife (Video) / Gay Man Cries Uncontrollably While Walking Down The Aisle To Meet His Husband / Would You Date A Sickler If You Could? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler by Troubledmind: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
I have always been sick all my life, if it isn't excruciating joint pains its one infection or another, I'm always anemic, i was always treated in a special way, my innocent mind never knew that this is way bigger than me and it'll make life harder for me, everything a normal person would consider little is a big deal in my case, my immune system is so weak that common cold is an infection to me, people sneeze around me its three months of influenza, i can't do exercises, wake up early and go out like everyone else, chilly weather is my nightmare even if i am wearing the whole jackets i have, i was so tiny and sickly, i didn't understand why i was so different until jss2 when an angry teacher who was flogging everyone in my class for noisemaking made a remark I'd never forget in my life, when he reached me he said "Everyone are making noise you're making noise too, you're a sickler, if i flog you, you'll die"
The statement hit me like a thousand dagger, that was the first time i heard the word sickler, everyone in my class looked at me with pity afterwards, i waited till break time and i ran away from school, when i got home i googled what a sickler is, everything i read was a description of me, my whole world shattered, i cried and cried that day, it dawned on me why i was too tiny for my age, why i can't run around like other kids, why people always looked at me with pity and awe, why i was always sick, when my mum got home and found me crying she knew something is wrong.
I told her what my teacher said, she consoled me with lies but i was a brilliant kid, i could tell she was lying, i already knew everything, the next day she came to my school and gave the teacher a piece of her mind, and threatened to change me to a private school, but my dad refused since i already have friends in my school, i grew up hating myself but i couldn't resent my parents even though its partly thier fault, if not for the fact that they could afford my expensive medical bills what would've happened to me? For that i am grateful.
After the incident i had other incidents where people called me a sickler and I'll always cry my heart out but shortly after i got into a university i developed thick skin, i stopped letting it get to me, i use to try as much as possible to hide the fact that i am a sickler until i embraced it, immediately i embraced it, words stopped getting to me, i became outspoken and less timid, my self esteem grew so big that i can stand up to anyone without fear of being called a sickler, i became cooler and i made friends, i remember the first time a girl said yes to me, i was so happy that day, i was so popular and brilliant in school, my ailment made sure of that.
I'm a graduate today, and i am 26, i don't work, no i can't afford to get sick going to work everyday, but i earn a living buying crypto, doing freelancing, doing buying and selling and alot of other online jobs, i am comfortable and happy, though i still get crisis every now and then, That'll be my burden for eternity, its not as frequent as before, i make sure i eat good food, take lots of water, stay away from stress, cold weather, high altitude, smoking and drinking, i might never find a wife and its fine by me, i wouldn't want anyone else to experience half of what i experienced anyways, i hope there's still more years ahead of me, there's alot I'm yet to achieve.
The reason for my little story is not to get pity from people, its to advise intending couples to get thier genotype tested, if theres a possibility of getting a sickler just quit your relationship, no matter how much you love him or her please, that innocent child doesn't deserve to suffer because of your selfishness, i have forgiven myself and my parents because i might die any day, but the life of a sickler is not a life anyone should experience, have a rethink before you make a mistake you'll regret for the rest of your life.

Paul. A warrior and a fighter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler by Troubledmind: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lalasticlala, dominique fp please
Re: Before Walking Down The Isle, Know Your Genotypes, Story Of A Sickler by ststyreal(f): 3:58am On Sep 12, 2018
Troubledmind:
I have always been sick all my life, if it isn't excruciating joint pains its one infection or another, I'm always anemic, i was always treated in a special way, my innocent mind never knew that this is way bigger than me and it'll make life harder for me, everything a normal person would consider little is a big deal in my case, my immune system is so weak that common cold is an infection to me, people sneeze around me its three months of influenza, i can't do exercises, wake up early and go out like everyone else, chilly weather is my nightmare even if i am wearing the whole jackets i have, i was so tiny and sickly, i didn't understand why i was so different until jss2 when an angry teacher who was flogging everyone in my class for noisemaking made a remark I'd never forget in my life, when he reached me he said "Everyone are making noise you're making noise too, you're a sickler, if i flog you, you'll die"
The statement hit me like a thousand dagger, that was the first time i heard the word sickler, everyone in my class looked at me with pity afterwards, i waited till break time and i ran away from school, when i got home i googled what a sickler is, everything i read was a description of me, my whole world shattered, i cried and cried that day, it dawned on me why i was too tiny for my age, why i can't run around like other kids, why people always looked at me with pity and awe, why i was always sick, when my mum got home and found me crying she knew something is wrong.
I told her what my teacher said, she consoled me with lies but i was a brilliant kid, i could tell she was lying, i already knew everything, the next day she came to my school and gave the teacher a piece of her mind, and threatened to change me to a private school, but my dad refused since i already have friends in my school, i grew up hating myself but i couldn't resent my parents even though its partly thier fault, if not for the fact that they could afford my expensive medical bills what would've happened to me? For that i am grateful.
After the incident i had other incidents where people called me a sickler and I'll always cry my heart out but shortly after i got into a university i developed thick skin, i stopped letting it get to me, i use to try as much as possible to hide the fact that i am a sickler until i embraced it, immediately i embraced it, words stopped getting to me, i became outspoken and less timid, my self esteem grew so big that i can stand up to anyone without fear of being called a sickler, i became cooler and i made friends, i remember the first time a girl said yes to me, i was so happy that day, i was so popular and brilliant in school, my ailment made sure of that.
I'm a graduate today, and i am 26, i don't work, no i can't afford to get sick going to work everyday, but i earn a living buying crypto, doing freelancing, doing buying and selling and alot of other online jobs, i am comfortable and happy, though i still get crisis every now and then, That'll be my burden for eternity, its not as frequent as before, i make sure i eat good food, take lots of water, stay away from stress, cold weather, high altitude, smoking and drinking, i might never find a wife and its fine by me, i wouldn't want anyone else to experience half of what i experienced anyways, i hope there's still more years ahead of me, there's alot I'm yet to achieve.
The reason for my little story is not to get pity from people, its to advise intending couples to get thier genotype tested, if theres a possibility of getting a sickler just quit your relationship, no matter how much you love him or her please, that innocent child doesn't deserve to suffer because of your selfishness, i have forgiven myself and my parents because i might die any day, but the life of a sickler is not a life anyone should experience, have a rethink before you make a mistake you'll regret for the rest of your life.

Paul. A warrior and a fighter.
Huhhhhh! Honestly, I pray and wish God in heaven would change your genotype for real to As or AA. You are a strong guy and the good lord will continue to protect and preserve you amen!

(1) (Reply)

A 6month Old Baby, Very Cute. Peekaboo! I See You... / Man Broke Up 4,000 Relationships, Caused 17 Divorces In Just 10 Day / Reasons Why It Is Difficult For Nigerian Ladies To Pay On A Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.