Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples (10184 Views)

Who Craves For Marriage More, Men Or Women? / Why Do Wives' Mothers Dominate Their Daughters' Marital Homes / The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by ImaIma1(f): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't know them and you should ask questions next time.

Her husband is the BOSS of their home, being a boss doesn't mean he won't "consult" or seek opinion of the wife (OPINION) especially when he finds her sensible but he makes the decision.

As a man, his home is also open to his family, they can show up at any time without his permission (quote me) and he can show up at any time in their own houses without their permission. All he had to do is to notify them of his coming ditto them.

My Sister (his wife) can show up at the houses of any of her in-laws and stay as long as she wishes if her husband permit and if necessary, all she has to do is to notify/inform them and that's it. If I want to visit my sister's house, I don't even call her husband! I only tell my sister, she informs her husband and (unconsciously seek/get permission- which she always get), and I go there and stay as long as I desire if I wish and if necessary. That is family!

The kids are so free with each other that you won't even know which kid is for which parent.

My Dear, I don't know the kind of family you have or your mentality but I just showed you a picture of my own family. In my family we have each others back. We are one! My wife is not starting a new family with me, she is integrating into mine while I accept hers as mine.

OP and her comrades should stop exhibiting witchcraft towards in-laws

A boss does not seek anyone's opinion. He only informs on what he has decided. So...no he is not a boss.

Thank God i didn't generalize on all inlaws. My sister also has the best inlaws. Sometimes we say she is even closer to them than us. And all of us together act like one big family.

But that doesn't mean that her husband will just bring someone to stay with them. Couples talk about these things and prefer to help without having to bring people to live with them.
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by ImaIma1(f): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
Winter4:

Even when they are told, they would not adhere. Women should really choose their spouses well o..making sure you discuss issues like this before any wedding.

One service i attended, the pastor told men to allow their wife's mum come when she gives birth instead of their own mums.

It is actually common sense. But common sense is not common for a lot of people apparently.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
ImaIma1:

A boss does not seek anyone's opinion. He only informs on what he has decided. So...no he is not a boss.

Thank God i didn't generalize on all inlaws. My sister also has the best inlaws. Sometimes we say she is even closer to them than us. And all of us together act like one big family.

But that doesn't mean that her husband will just bring someone to stay with them. Couples talk about these things and prefer to help without having to bring people to live with them.
You don't know the meaning of 'boss'.

A boss is your superior, your 'oga'. From your association president to SUG President to pastor to Imam to line manager etc. Even your class captain is the boss in the classroom, Senior prefect is the boss among the students in the school.

The Boss' decision is Final! He has the final say! He may consult and he may act based on his discretion, thats his to make. My boss do consult with me but the decision is his to make.

However, only a wife that is loyal/submissive will be consulted/carried along, a wife with mentality as the OP will only be informed and that's it.

If you resist/reject my family that means you resist/reject me, it is as simple as that. If you accept my family means you accept me! And you can't say you accept my family and then turnaround to attempt to create barrier/wall. E no go work!

No woman, nobody can even try that stunt with me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by ImaIma1(f): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2018
NoToPile:

Acidosis you can't understand, you are a man

Yeah best thing is to love them from afar,it has nothing to do with hate be nice, courteous, polite, respectful but avoid too much closeness and see-finish. It is the day gbege will happen you will know 'you are just a wife'

Men do not understand it because it is their family and their family can never go wrong.

My friend just went cold after so much issues from her mother inlaw. The woman visits a lot and would spend a month and want to be treated like a queen while my friend runs helter skelter cracking her brain on breakfast, lunch and dinner for her(she can be picky).

Her and her husband were having issues because of the mum's constant interference. My friend complained but it didn't stop and so she just went quiet. When her MIL visits, she would be a dutiful DIL and nothing extra. Her hubby noticed her distance but it was late.

It took intervention from her dad and respected family members that resolved it and talked some sense to the husband. Now his mum hardly visits though her and her DIL are cool.

Men are clueless most times.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Jesus!

So Naija women are this wicked? I just saw display of witchcraft and evil towards in-laws. No wonder....

Meanwhile, @OP just thank your God that your husband is even seeking opinion from you. If I was the one I will simply inform you and bring the girl. My niece is also my child! You married into my family and must accept my family as yours.

As for her cheerleaders, may God not bring your kind to my way... Even if He does, I will tame that person!

You and acidosis never disappoint grin

Postmann (or postman) what are your thoughts?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2018
ImaIma1:

Men do not understand it because it is their family and their family can never go wrong.

My friend just went cold after so much issues from her mother inlaw. The woman visits a lot and would spend a month and want to be treated like a queen while my friend runs helter skelter cracking her brain on breakfast, lunch and dinner for her(she can be picky).

Her and her husband were having issues because of the mum's constant interference. My friend complained but it didn't stop and so she just went quiet. When her MIL visits, she would be a dutiful DIL and nothing extra. Her hubby noticed her distance but it was late.

It took intervention from her dad and respected family members that resolved it and talked some sense to the husband. Now his mum hardly visits though her and her DIL are cool.

Men Some men are clueless most times.

Na women get sense abi?

Making hasty generalizations based on one's experience makes one stupid smiley
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
ClassicQueen:
I guess you are not married hence that your statement. Try doing that and see if you will have a happy home. How can you impose your niece on your wife just like that? Rubbish undecided

That is an old man up there you just played with. The fact that he's on nairaland doesn't mean you should play with him.
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
ImaIma1:

What is wrong with that? What is wrong with treating MiL as queen and run errands for her? Your friend has nothing to complain of.

Once again, the fault is your friend! If she can't accept the woman as her mother and be open then she will end up with a DIL that will treat her worse (no be swear na KARMA)

What a pUs5y husband and ingrate son of his mother.

Men are clueless most times.

Clueless about evil plot of some Naija women against their In-laws? But some of us aren't clueless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
NoToPile:

angry angry

Men don't understand these issues most times, it's the women that do.

No, some Naija women have this deep hatred towards members of Husband's family. I, will not allow that happen in mine. Never!!!

It is either she integrate into my family or she evaporate forever!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Winter4: 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Acidosis:

Your in-laws should be ready to accept whatever discipline, food, clothe, and anything you so decide to do with the child. There is no right or wrong approach. When a child comes to live with you, the parents automatically lose the right to dictate what to do with the child in your home. If they're not satisfied with the way you and your hubby run your home, just leave the door open for them to walk away.

Your response make sense. Now this is getting somewhere...As a man, if your sister reports to you that your wife maltreats your niece...of which you are usually not around to see what truly goes on, what would you do? Would you ask your niece to leave if your wife is innocent? Would you support her if you have proof..or if you just know the woman you married is not a monster? Would you turn your back on those tagging her "witch" just to stick to her (with proof of course)?
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Elder001:

You and acidosis never disappoint grin

Postmann (or postman) what are your thoughts?
My brother, I don't know where these girls are getting orientation from. Funny enough same people won't accept it if their brother's wife display the attitude they display towards them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

No, some Naija women have this deep hatred towards members of Husband's family. I, will not allow that happen in mine. Never!!!

You are right on this. Especially when the husband is wealthy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Winter4: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga e don do..this your ranting sef. You know what they say about an empty drum...Are you sure you really love your family? Abi all these na show smiley to oppress poor single ladies (those that are gullible anyway)

Anyway, your point is taken...correct me if wrong please
1. Your family(parents and siblings) would always come before your own(nuclear) family...this implies that your wife does not actually become your family when you marry her.

2. Your family members(extended) can never go wrong

Right?

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Winter4:

Oga e don do..this your ranting sef.
Firstly, what you call ranting is actually a response to one of your kind. Please, check the meaning of "rant"

You know what they say about an empty drum...Are you sure you really love your family?
I don't know your family but in mine we love each other. I have always maintained on this forum since I joined that my family is what I don't joke with

Abi all these na show smiley to oppress poor single ladies (those that are gullible anyway)
If by poor you mean wealth, I find this text absurd!

Lemme tell you, I don't respect money as much as I respect people. This is a FACT! Whether I am rich or not, I dont oppress people because humility is a virtue and success/wealth should humble people not puff up. Whether a girl is rich or poor is irrelevant to me.

But if by "poor" you mean one who's in a helpless situation, then that is another unfortunate statement. A single lady that I find worthy enough has option of accepting or rejecting my terms even before marriage, I also have the privilege of marrying who I feel is ideal for me or otherwise. It is NOT by force!! Nobody is holding anyone to ransom.

Anyway, your point is taken...correct me if wrong please
1. Your family(parents and siblings) would always come before your own(nuclear) family...this implies that your wife does not actually become your family when you marry her.
Wrong!

My wife is deemed a member of the family by integration AFTER marriage.

2. Your family members(extended) can never go wrong

Right?
My family members are loving, accommodating and forever have my back and those of my kids and wife. She (wife) must (it is nonnegotiable) integrate herself and enjoy the privileges of being a member of my family. Simple!
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by cococandy(f): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
Acidosis:

Well that was a subtle response to your previous comment about me. No hate feelings smiley
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Winter4: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Firstly, what you call ranting is actually a response to one of your kind. Please, check the meaning of "rant"

I don't know your family but in mine we love each other. I have always maintained on this forum since I joined that my family is what I don't joke with

If by poor you mean wealth, I find this text absurd!

Lemme tell you, I don't respect money as much as I respect people. This is a FACT! Whether I am rich or not, I dont oppress people because humility is a virtue and success/wealth should humble people not puff up. Whether a girl is rich or poor is irrelevant to me.

But if by "poor" you mean one who's in a helpless situation, then that is another unfortunate statement. A single lady that I find worthy enough has option of accepting or rejecting my terms even before marriage, I also have the privilege of marrying who I feel is ideal for me or otherwise. It is NOT by force!! Nobody is holding anyone to ransom.

Wrong!

My wife is deemed a member of the family by integration AFTER marriage.

My family members are loving, accommodating and forever have my back and those of my kids and wife. She (wife) must (it is nonnegotiable) integrate herself and enjoy the privileges of being a member of my family. Simple!

Plenty aggression onto simple question grin grin
You still did not answer the last question...its a yes or no thingy oga...no need to fight me ehn..and leave my family out of your tirade. You don't have to disrespect other people's people to show loyalty to yours naa
About the "poor" phrase, I'll ignore the comment...if you do not understand what I mean there, whats now the point of explaining?

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
[s]
Winter4:

Plenty aggression onto simple question grin grin
You still did not answer the last question...its a yes or no thingy oga...no need to fight me ehn..and leave my family out of your tirade. You don't have to disrespect other people's people to show loyalty to yours naa
About the "poor" phrase, I'll ignore the comment...if you do not understand what I mean there, whats now the point of explaining?
[/s]
Case closed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Winter4: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
Case closed!

Really? No response as to whether your people can ever be wrong??
Okay o..I expected you to be as honest as acidosis. But then, not all men would be like that.

Indeed Case Closed!! grin grin I got what I wanted

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by mylove4him(f): 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
Acidosis:

Jesus! So loving ones in-law has even become a thing of "if you could"?

How do you guys do it? Marry a man whose family you dislike/hate? Any marriage built on that foundation is going to crumble. You guys go around marrying men with the intention of hating their families. This is evil honestly.
My brother don't quote me wrong. Nobody marries into a family to hate the family. It is the things that happen on the course of the marriage that open your eyes to a lot of things.

I am not denying the fact that there women that wants to burn bridges from day one or before they even marry them. But I must tell you the greatest problem of some inlaws are entitlement spirit. Some don't bother to know if you guys have money to eat. The day you don't provide, you are a bad wife.

I still insist most marriages will stand the test of time if we have less family interference. I personally put my people in their place and just one phone call you are out. For inlaws no matter how they misbehave, if your hubby is sentimental and weak. OYO is your name. You will fight the battle alone. So most times for the sake of peace, you just have to take a lot of trash.

4 Likes

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by ImaIma1(f): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

What is wrong with that? What is wrong with treating MiL as queen and run errands for her? Your friend has nothing to complain of.

Once again, the fault is your friend! If she can't accept the woman as her mother and be open then she will end up with a DIL that will treat her worse (no be swear na KARMA)

What a pUs5y husband and ingrate son of his mother.

Clueless about evil plot of some Naija women against their In-laws? But some of us aren't clueless.

Even her own mum doesn't visit often and that one stays in lagos. Her mum inlaw is also her mum but when she keeps pitching her husband against her and making them fight a lot, then there is an issue.

If the MIL has to tell her son not to have another child yet, there is an issue. It might be ok with you though.

He is not a p.... or whatever you called him. He was just wise to see that his mum was imposing a lot on his wife and he wasn't ready to marry his mum.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by ImaIma1(f): 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Elder001:

Na women get sense abi?

Making hasty generalizations based on one's experience makes one stupid smiley

Elder you have brought your stupidity here. Welcome.

I have noticed you. Now you can continue what you were doing.
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
mylove4him:

My brother don't quote me wrong. Nobody marries into a family to hate the family. It is the things that happen on the course of the marriage that open your eyes to a lot of things.

I am not denying the fact that there women that wants to burn bridges from day one or before they even marry them. But I must tell you the greatest problem of some inlaws are entitlement spirit. Some don't bother to know if you guys have money to eat. The day you don't provide, you are a bad wife.

I still insist most marriages will stand the test of time if we have less family interference. I personally put my people in their place and just one phone call you are out. For inlaws no matter how they misbehave, if your hubby is sentimental and weak. OYO is your name. You will fight the battle alone. So most times for the sake of peace, you just have to take a lot of trash.

you are experienced smiley
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by mylove4him(f): 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2018
Acidosis:

Your in-laws should be ready to accept whatever discipline, food, clothe, and anything you so decide to do with the child. There is no right or wrong approach. When a child comes to live with you, the parents automatically lose the right to dictate what to do with the child in your home. If they're not satisfied with the way you and your hubby run your home, just leave the door open for them to walk away.
How many inlaws agree to this my brother. See it is the women who run the home that sees a whole lot of things. I have been termed a bad wife because I provided a type of meal that didn't sit with everyone. How do u go separating pots for different people at the same time because each person does eat differently. Especially when you are a struggling young couple with other responsibilities such as their education. Are you going to spend your whole savings on food?

You leave the door open for them to walk away and they but continually stay to make you look like a bad wife and tells everyone that you are a bad wife. So others coming behind have already formed an opinion about you. Some go extra mile to make snide comments because of what they have been told.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by mylove4him(f): 4:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
Acidosis:

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by mylove4him(f): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
Treasuredlove:
you are experienced smiley
After all these years. One has to learn.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
ImaIma1:

Elder you have brought your stupidity here. Welcome.

I have noticed you. Now you can continue what you were doing.
Now I know that the person behind this moniker doesn't have sense.
You once said on this same family section that "making hasty generalizations based on one's experience is a show of stupidity" ,you can't take what you dish to others?

You said "men are clueless" including your husband and father, right?
Noticed? Who do you think you are? A full time housewife wife arguing irrelevant stuffs still think she's doing someone a favour by quoting a post.

You lack wisdom . As usual I expect you to quote me with senseless talk
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by postmann: 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
ClassicQueen:
Please all I need an advice concerning an issue in my home . I and my husband have been married for just a year plus and not up to 2years. I have a 2Months old baby. Before I had the baby that is immediately after our wedding, hubby told me about how he intended bringing in his elder brothers daughter of 11 to live with us and I declined. The reason I didnt allow it is because both of her parents are still alive ....The mother knew their condition and how they are managing and she gave birth to 5 children undecided this family live in just one room in Lagos. The woman is not working while the man is managing a small laundry business which is not even thriving.

The issue I have now is that hubby is pleading with me to please bring the girl to help me baby sit my child while he will be responsible for her school fees. my maternity leave will soon be over and I need someone to help abit but not the girl because I don't want anyone to take my kind heart for granted and tell me that I'm maltreating the child or using her as a nanny . You know how people especially in laws behave undecided that is why I'm still sceptical about it. Please my people what do u advise I do? Bearing in mind that our marriage is not even up to 2years we are still getting to know each other with my husband. Please advice...

Sorry for any typo error

You're kind hearted indeed and yet this was a quote from you;

"The mother knew their condition and how they are managing and she gave birth to 5 children undecided this family live in just one room in Lagos. The woman is not working while the man is managing a small laundry business which is not even thriving"

And that's the reason for refusing to help. Not because you'd an unpleasant encounter with the little girl's parents; not because there's no spare room in your house but because they are dirt-poor. And you call yourself kind hearted.

No, you're not. You're a callous gatekeeper, a miserable one who drives a wedge between her husband and his own blood when they needed him.

And in your ignorance, you fail to realise your in-laws will figure you're behind your husband's refusal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by ImaIma1(f): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2018
Elder001:

Now I know that the person behind this moniker doesn't have sense.
You once said on this same family section that "making hasty generalizations based on one's experience is a show of stupidity" ,you can't take what you dish to others?

You said "men are clueless" including your husband and father, right?
Noticed? Who do you think you are? A full time housewife wife arguing irrelevant stuffs still think she's doing someone a favour by quoting a post.

You lack wisdom . As usual I expect you to quote me with senseless talk

Keep ranting sweety.

tongue
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
mylove4him:

After all these years. One has to learn.
yes o
Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
postmann:

You're kind heart indeed and yet this was a quote from you;

"The mother knew their condition and how they are managing and she gave birth to 5 children undecided this family live in just one room in Lagos. The woman is not working while the man is managing a small laundry business which is not even thriving"

And that's the reason for refusing to help. Not because you'd an unpleasant encounter with the little girl's parents; not because there's no spare room in your house but because they are dirt-poor. And you call yourself kind hearted.

No, you're not. You're a callous gatekeeper, a miserable one who drives a wedge between her husband and his own blood when they needed him.

And in your ignorance, you fail to realise your in-laws will figure you're behind your husband's refusal.

Blame the husband my brother! A man that allows a woman to prevent him from rendering help to his own blood!

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by grafixdon: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
ClassicQueen:
Please all I need an advice concerning an issue in my home . I and my husband have been married for just a year plus and not up to 2years. I have a 2Months old baby. Before I had the baby that is immediately after our wedding, hubby told me about how he intended bringing in his elder brothers daughter of 11 to live with us and I declined. The reason I didnt allow it is because both of her parents are still alive ....The mother knew their condition and how they are managing and she gave birth to 5 children undecided this family live in just one room in Lagos. The woman is not working while the man is managing a small laundry business which is not even thriving.

The issue I have now is that hubby is pleading with me to please bring the girl to help me baby sit my child while he will be responsible for her school fees. my maternity leave will soon be over and I need someone to help abit but not the girl because I don't want anyone to take my kind heart for granted and tell me that I'm maltreating the child or using her as a nanny . You know how people especially in laws behave undecided that is why I'm still sceptical about it. Please my people what do u advise I do? Bearing in mind that our marriage is not even up to 2years we are still getting to know each other with my husband. Please advice...

Sorry for any typo error

Why some women are like this for christ sake. Can't you see your hubby wanna take some burden away from the family? Do you know God can bless you through this girl? If you can't leave comfortably with 11 years girl then you have a big issue.

You don't even know what might be your fate tomorrow, allow your husband to help the family. Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples by NoToPile: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Osheyy!!! grin grin grin

I guess you are not married yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cakes By Marie / Help! My Wife Delivered Through CS / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.