Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (59327 Views)

Bad Roads In Lagos: Residents, Motorists Groan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by lawalosky(m): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2018
mrjaydee:
My friend sharrap
donde

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2018
And autojosh will be posting ongoing road works and say ambode is working.Go to ajao estate,mafoluku,Infact streets around Lagos are in mess .

8 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Basseybruce: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2018
Eko onibaje!
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2018
yourstruly123:
Op lagos is overhyped. After all this afonjaic bastard will be making mouth with their dirty lagos.

Cow these are roads under construction and this is raining season forcing the contractors to stop work. I can see iyana iba and so on
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Customer80: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2018
I will know if ambode, tinubu will come and campaign in ojo in spite of zero road infrastructure .

Imagine paying okada #1000 to and fro from mile 2 to iyana iba daily

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by snowlord(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2018
Nasooo.... election don dh reach ,u need a saviour now,all dz while u no think to post dz
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by topsyalooma: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2018
What the Op posted was right..my question is there was a 13billion budget for this same project and yet the govt of Ambode had refused to paid the contractor for the completion of the project..before you attack me go and check Lagos state 2018 budget it's an open documents.. Instead construction of lay-bys and bus park has been this govt priority..
Over 3000 workers had been sacked on that project and people are really suffering.. I was rubbed in daylight at Dantata bus/stop before Alakija just last week Saturday as a result of a bad section of the road which had continued to cause traffic.
The govt should stop being insensitive and do what's right for the people.

7 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2018
From Mile 2 to Iyana Iba will keep you on the road for hours, due to (prolonged) construction of that road. The road has been demarcated but still bad. How long will it take LASG to complete that road

During rush hours, traffic jam makes people to trek from Mile 2 or Trade Fare to Alaba.

7 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by nkemdi89(f): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2018
Please let the Chinese company finish their work, let the government pay them up , the suffering on that road is too much.

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by nelsonebby(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

We don pass that stage madam. grin
Prove these are pictures of Lagos and not Aba.
That’s badagry road na.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by budusky05(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2018
OP go and show same pics to politicians.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by fabienjoe: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Have you ever asked any lagosian plying that route and they attested to all being well?

You all would just come with you generalization, whether because of hate or jealousy I really do not understand.

Not everywhere is developed in any state in any country.

You are committing exact same fallacy of generalization...Your last sentence....Every part of developed nations like the UK, Germany, France etc are free from nasties like the ones pictured.

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by pannyman(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2018
There is still so much work to be done in Lagos. Every time I come into Lagos by air I can see that most of the roads are not even tarred. From the air Lagos is not so pretty.

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2018
Customer80:
which road leading to lasu resemble abroad? Road that when it rains, becomes water logged, anyway the complain is about Lagos badagry expressway

The road and aesthetics leading to the Local government through Lasu road, is very good with a beautiful ambience, the areas where vegetables are planted. I was surprised cause the federal road is opposite.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2018
windvane:
Please lets stop shifting blames.....What do you mean by federal road?Airport road,Lagos to Abeokuta,is what please?Is lagos not working on it?When our leader make so much money out of us and give us crumps and we rejoice,it is a big slap on our faces

I did not shift any blame, I only said the simple truth, the road is a Federal road, full stop(.)

I dey my house ni comman beat me....... angry

N.B: Except in cases where FG officially cedes a road to the state - airport road being a good example, if the state fixes a federal road (and yes states are allowed to do so), it does so -with permission - on behalf of the federal government and demands a refund after.

At the same Time, FG is expected to monitor the progress, because na still them go pay for am and most likely na them go still come cut the tape, for the road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Sagamite(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2018
This is what black monkeys call "Expressway". grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by QuickStandard: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Its even worse when you are going to Alaba international. In fact from okoko to alakija is a no go area.

People are really suffering.

I remember a guy who posted sometimes back that that road will take you 8hrs just to get to mile 2.

Though it might not be up to that but he's not far from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by sirfemoz(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2018
ehissi:

That road is actually a federal road oooo

Whether federal or state, they both collect tax. What have they been doing with it? That's the question.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2018
QuickStandard:
Its even worse when you are going to Alabama international. In fact from okoko to alakija is a no go area.

People are really suffering.

Which wan come be alabama international again...... undecided

Abi you dey among those people whey them return recently, whey be wan follow Libya go Chicago ni..... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ehissi(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2018
sirfemoz:

Whether federal or state, they both collect tax. What have they been doing with it? That's the question.

Oya confirm from the tax collector, Alpha Beta Consult, make we know...... tongue
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by SifonAbasi(f): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2018
Eko Oni Baje
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by sirfemoz(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2018
windvane:
You have said it all,please do not compare lagos to any other state that don't generate same income.Ordinary road(Yes i will call it ordinary compared to what the state generates)we lack it in lagos.Come to able egba,ogba,jiu,eyes sore,every road linking the express is bad.Must we beg the president of France visit these places so the government can do something?With what Lagos makes,julius berger should be on every road working....I am so surprise that a road constructed 3 months ago at abule ebba is now a death trap!

Exactly my point. Most Lagos roads gets bad during raining season every year.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Originalsly: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2018
bigpicture001:

....it is deliberately abandoned...dts Hw apc plays their politics of bitterness, u dnt vote for dem,u don't get project....thats opposition strong hold

Seems like that's the root cause of lack of progress.....spiteful politics....trying to ease the suffering of the residents is not as important as trying to embarrass the opposition by ensuring whatever project they started must fail....doesn't matter if it's good or bad for the city.

When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by sirfemoz(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2018
ehissi:

Oya confirm from the tax collector, Alpha Beta Consult, make we know...... tongue

Lol.. Na dem dem nah
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by QuickStandard: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2018
ehissi:

Which wan come be alabama international again...... undecided

Abi you dey among those people whey them return recently, whey be wan follow Libya go Chicago ni..... grin

Your brain should have told you, that's auto correction of Alaba market.

Too bad, even before this your post, I already saw it and corrected it.

And lest I forget, if I have any reason to travel, I can afford a flight ticket and not going through Libya.

Poor mentality!!!

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Yambee: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

IYANOBA/BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD

With the pay you make here as a Moderator. Can't you move to a better part of Lagos?
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Minjim: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Have you ever asked any lagosian plying that route and they attested to all being well?

You all would just come with you generalization, whether because of hate or jealousy I really do not understand.

Not everywhere is developed in any state in any country.

That road is truly a nightmare.

But its currently under construction and I'm sure the Op knows that. Its just that the construction is taking too long and the road is quite a busy one
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by comrChris(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2018
webincomeplus:

I totally agree with you. But my comment was actually directed at those who want to hijack the thread for lampooning Lagos as a whole, not at straight thinkers like you.
I think the problem is you and your likes that defend Lagos even when it's not doing fine as if your life depend on Lagos.
The moment we start appreciating what's good and condemning what's bad without sentiment the day things start getting better.

Trooping in Lagos as if it's only in Lagos people are

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Customer80: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Mizwisdom:

The road and aesthetics leading to the Local government through Lasu road, is very good with a beautiful ambience, the areas where vegetables are planted. I was surprised cause the federal road is opposite.
that is not the issue, that road gets flooded when it rains, na where I dey live, no be visit o, fashola constructed the road, ambode hasn't done anything in ojo
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by baxton25(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2018
webincomeplus:
Lagos might be "overhyped" or "dirty". But that doesn't stop some people from trooping into Lagos en masse as though their mission in life can never be accomplished outside Lagos. Interestingly, these same people come to the Lagos they pretend to hate, and they stay there forever.

Hate Lagos as much as you can, but it remains the leading state in Nigeria, and home to the biggest opportunities in the country.

Left for the yoruba's alone lagos would be nothing..... now lemme tell you the secret to lagos success, apapa seaport.. this is the only thing still making lagos boom. Because there are no other working port anywhere in the country.... and lagos generates heavy billions from that place, this is the reason they are fighting so another deep seaport would not be placed in another state, just make ibom a deep seaport that can contain a megaship which carries about 13000, to 15000 container...and see the market shift from lagos.... I was discussing with one business man that lives in ikoyi, he was lamenting so much that if not for the seaport he'd have not bought a house in lagos, talk more of ikoyi........my friend don't sit in your room and type poo..... afonjas are the real proper in this country... their men are so lazy not wanting to work hard for their money metcheeeeeeeww.

4 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by proxillin(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2018
yourstruly123:
Op lagos is overhyped. After all this afonjaic bastard will be making mouth with their dirty lagos.

SO its our dirty Lagos now...its no more no man's land. When you see Banana Island, Lekki..e.t.c...you remember Lagos is no man's land.

Idiocy and jealousy
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Arda1000(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2018
richeeyo:

Did we ask you to go and leave inside potopoto
Its been raining for almost a week now
And when the sun shines for a few minutes the place is dried
Surulere
but the sun will first shine in the east so b4 it will dry ur waste land it had done a pretty job in east fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Newly Completed Aba Township Flyover Decorated With Art Work (Pictures). / Top 6 Highest Skyscrappers(Buildings) In Nigeria.(pictures) / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.