Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,844 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) (59542 Views)

Fuel: Lagos Residents Decry Transport Fare Hike / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Fawklicant: 9:17am On Sep 12, 2018
Under GEJ, fashola would have been running around Lagos chanting "federal road" but see how karma can sometimes be a biatch! The same fashola is minister of works and there's not one single federal road in Lagos that is in good shape. The only one pliable is ikorodu road because of brt buses, every other road is in a shambles.

"Providing 24 hour electricity in Nigeria is not rocket science". Same fashola said that and he was correct. It is moon science!

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Babatunice(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2018
Iyan iba not iyan oba
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Saintp(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2018
webincomeplus:

I totally agree with you. But my comment was actually directed at those who want to hijack the thread for lampooning Lagos as a whole, not at straight thinkers like you.

Bros, those lampooning Lagos are playing to your advantage but because you guys use ethnic lenses to view everything you are already feeling bad. In fact, if I were you, I will encourage it. I wish "haters" of my own state will be flashing the bad areas everyday and who knows our stupid government can fix them out of shame and who gains at the end of the day? the people.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by segebase(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
ambode failed to pay the contractor money on that project thereby prompting dem to reduce work force n they have no choice than redundancy to the workers ..
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by freeze001(f): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2018
israelmao:
This is to make people look away from the good works of Ambode.Tinubu's agents are everywhere.

It is an existing problem and should be addressed as such! Whether Tinubu or Ambode, Nigerians are suffering because of bad and wicked leadership!

3 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by NoToPile: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Yes. I was surprised cause I was expecting it to be worse than the federal road but once you leave the chaos of the main busstop through Lasu Road, everything changes, quiet & cool. Don't know if politics is the real reason behind the abandoned federal road cause many state roads are better.

That road is one of the nicest roads for me - just before igando down the isheri there's a sort of effect those trees have on me. Very nice view.

I don't think it's politics, I heared they have not paid the contractors for another phase or something like that.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by EsmeraldaR1(f): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2018
Nigeria is a dirty country.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Temptee101(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2018
proxillin:

SO its our dirty Lagos now...its no more no man's land. When you see Banana Island, Lekki..e.t.c...you remember Lagos is no man's land.

Idiocy and jealousy
grin grin

You nor well bro

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Jephyard(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2018
I will keep saying it Lagos is a big slum. Most think because you have Lekki, Victoria island and Ajah. You all think Lagos is improving. Even the best places are a mess. No form of orderliness and it stink all over. With the kind of money lagos is making all road network should be in good condition. What we are seeing are even small to what I saw in a particular axis on my way to apapa around boundary in ajegunle. That day i regret ever being born as a human being. As someone rightly put Lagosian at large maybe Nigerian are allergic to pleasure and good things of life. I wish I was never born to see this mess.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

IYANOBA/BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD

Everybody knows Lagos is the "top slum".

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by hollagokay(m): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2018
it obvious you, poverty and hardship are rolling together angry
mrjaydee:
My friend sharrap
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by princemedico: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2018
Lagosian have never had it this bad. Ambode have destroyed the little existing motor able roads in the name of construction without completion in sight. Move around Lagos it's same sorry, f Oshodi- Iyana-Ipaja, Airport and many others, just suffering humans.

Ambode have not done 'jack', he has been busy constructing lay-by and bus shelters everywhere.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by ibroauthen(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2018
comshots:
Where are the construction workers and equipments?

You should go and command them to continue working during the rainy season. Maybe you will be the one to pay for the extra charges
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by princemedico: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2018
israelmao:
This is to make people look away from the good works of Ambode.Tinubu's agents are everywhere.

Forget politics for once. Ambode's performance has been terrible. Tinubu is milking the state also, he only after his pocket.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2018
Firefire:
Unfortunately, that area is no longer Lagos State, Nigeria. You guys need to seek for referendum and join Benin Republic.

APC Government failed woefully in providing any basic infrastructure in that part.

The road in question (10 lanes) was initiated by Tunde Fashola in 2008, and 10 years after no meaningful closure.

I weep seeing my base and my people being subjected to daily agony on that road.

Mile 2 to Agbara, a trip of 45 mins now takes minimum of 7 hours.

Cc:

Gunuvi, na so we go dey? cry
must everything be referendum to you OSU's?
Enugu and anambra are far worse than this.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Obetannenna: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2018
Not just Lagos oooh, check out PHC roads
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by akigbemaru: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
Chai, below are pictures of what we Lagosians face every morning when going to work and evening when coming back from work.. We really need a savior in Lagos state cry

IYANOBA/BADAGRY EXPRESS ROAD
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by themanderon: 10:56am On Sep 12, 2018
That road is hell on earth. I had to abandon the bus I took and hopped on a bike when I plied that route some weeks ago. Nigerians are truly suffering, come and see the length of this hold up, funnily enough it was not moving.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Firefire(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2018
gunuvi:

Those of us from badagry axis have been cut out of Nigeria. Apc is a devilish party inflicting pains everywhere they go but this 2019, power must change hands

So devilish.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by webincomeplus(m): 11:06am On Sep 12, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

How many of them are trooping to Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land. Ambode is from Ondo, Faleke, Ikeja House of Rep member is from Kogi. Igbos have 3 members representing Lagos, a LGA deputy Chairman.

A Benin prince is the Oba of Lagos.

Stop deceiving yourself. Tell us another story please.
LOL! Lagos is man's land. The same old stupid card played by beasts of no homeland.

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by JamesTPhillips: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2018
cheesy
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by moonraker(m): 11:18am On Sep 12, 2018
Sagamite:
This is what black monkeys call "Expressway". grin grin grin grin grin

Sagadi baba, I hail thee from afar
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by largeman4u(m): 11:54am On Sep 12, 2018
Bad roads everywhere - Lagos has never been this bad - Go to Luth to Idi Araba - even apongbon Bridge that connect the island is bad. Iyana ipaja too

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2018
The entire Mile 2 to Badagry axis has become a nightmare. I actually have no problem with bad road because the portion from Orile to Mile 2 to Alakija is in good shape (though the U-turn underpass at Alakija has really deep potholes) and I have no business beyond Under Bridge (Trade Fair) to the Barracks-Iyana Iba-Alaba-Okoko-Badagry axis. The nightmare is the havoc tankers and trailers heading to Apapa are causing on that route. And the heavy vehicles have even encroached on the narrow inner roads of Satellite Town completely grounding movement on many days. I can't drive out of my area anymore. Must take a bike to come out to the express and then look for transport.
The Ojo axis and beyond is just a forgotten area of Lagos, and what stuns me is that these are pretty strategic roads.

2 Likes

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Ugosample(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
freeze001:

What is bad is bad. This idea of my bad is better or more manageable than your bad will take us nowhere and that is why Nigeria is the way it is till tomorrow. Everyone in affected areas like these and citizens generally should be able to direct all anger and vituperation at the government of the day, whether state or federal, for failing to deliver good governance and infrastructure to the people. It is failed governance/bad leadership not peculiar to any state or tribe.

Tomorrow some of you will say politicians are using or have used ethno-religious sentiments to divide the country yet in something as simple as this some loony oaf tries to bring tribe/ethnicity into the discourse!

exactly

no mind them

always bringing tribal sentiment into everything

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by richeeyo(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
Arda1000:
but the sun will first shine in the east so b4 it will dry ur waste land it had done a pretty job in east fool
Yes a pretty job of sucking the life out of your Erosion cursed land, your whole land would be swallowed up by Erosion
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by mechanics(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
farano:
UNDER BRIDGE OF ALMIGHTY TRADE FARE MARKET
So are you saying Ambode is no more a saviour?
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Arda1000(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
richeeyo:

Yes a pretty job of sucking the life out of your Erosion cursed land, your whole land would be swallowed up by Erosion
unless its the sun that causes erosion foool
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Arda1000(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
richeeyo:

yea unless its the sun that causes erosion foool
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by nsilordgmail(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
So what's so special about this dirty Lagos sef

1 Like

Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by OyinO: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
mrjaydee:
My friend sharrap
Are you okay? if you are okay, then you have a serious problem identifying with the simple truth.
Re: See What Lagos Residents Face Everyday And Pretend All Is Well (pics) by Jointhemiltons2(m): 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2018
nku5:
After 19 years of Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode grin
Their roads are like this even when they had the best governors but they’ll still come and jump on Aba threads

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airplane Runs Into Ditch During Takeoff In Lagos / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad / 5 Common Visa Interview Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.