Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York (17519 Views)

If They Disturb Me In Daura, I Will Leave For Niger Republic – Buhari / People Of Yewaland In Ogun Leave For Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis (photo) / Wammako, Akpabio, Akume, Others Leave For China With President Buhari [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by akelicious(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2018
Buhari to lead Nigeria delegation to 73rd UN General Assembly

The Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama, says President Muhammadu Buhari, will lead Nigeria’s delegation to the 73rd United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York, which begins Sept. 18.

The 73rd UNGA will begin Sept. 18 at the UN Headquarters, New York, while the General Debate will hold from Sept. 25 to Oct. 1.

Onyeama, who disclosed this on Tuesday in Abuja at a news conference on the 73rd UNGA, said Mr President would use the opportunity to assert Nigeria’s position on global issues.

“It an opportunity for him to assert Nigeria’s position globally and to put forward our ideas and our vision going forward as a global community.

“The President will address the 73rd Session of the High-Level General Debate of the UN General Assembly at the UN headquarters in New York on Sept. 25.

“He will deliver Nigeria’s National Statement on the first day of the general debate of the General Assembly high-level events,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that President Buhari has been placed as the number 20 on the list of the speakers out of the 193 world leaders that would address the Assembly.

He would deliver the address to the Assembly on the first day between 8.00 p.m. and 9.00 p.m. (between 1.00 a.m. and 2.00 a.m. local time).

Onyeama said the theme for this year’s UNGA is:“Making the United Nations relevant to all People: Global Leadership and shared responsibilities for peaceful, equitable and sustainable development “.

According to him, as usual Mr president will be leading Nigeria delegation with the numbers of Ministers and heads of agencies and permanent secretary to the event.

“Of course, this is the global meeting of heads of state in the world.

“It is extremely important and it is a rare opportunity for Nigeria as a country to engage with the other countries of the world,” he said.

Onyeama said the 73rd UNGA will avail Nigeria and other member states of the UN the opportunity to engage, interface and share best practices toward reaching common understanding and consensus on key issues of global significance.

According to him, Mr President will hold bilateral meetings with the UN Secretary-General, some African and other world leaders, as well as few strategic partners during this period.

“Nigeria’s expected outcome at the 73rd UNGA should be to achieve a well-planned, synchronised and successful participation of Nigeria at the 73rd Session, under the guidance of Mr President.

“It will be weighed against the back drop of externalisation of Nigeria’s foreign policy objectives through effective engagement,” he said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/buhari-to-lead-nigeria-delegation-to-73rd-un-general-assembly/amp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by Yambee: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2018
This na good travel.

I think say he wan go take drip and blood for UK again.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by gaby(m): 8:38am On Sep 12, 2018
you guys should allow baba travel joor.

The last time out, he signed more deals than he had done in all the years prior.

He seems to be more active out than in.

Are you a politician or know anyone running for an elective position, one who cares about the youths and their well being in his State/ Constituency? Are you an NGO, an individual or business organisation who would want to make an impression on the youths by way of your CSR while also having an opportunity to create an image for yourself, business and organisation as one who refused to watch and not take action while the youths are wasting away. You have an opportunity to order for customised copies of my book in my signature. I am offering you a chance to put a picture of you or your organisation with the words" copy sponsored and supported by you/organisation" for distribution as you desire.
There is no better way to get your campaign statement or vision out there than through this book. There is no smarter way to advertise your business than this opportunity.
My contact is on my profile. Spread the word and let's take a stand and leave an indelible mark on the sands of history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by CoolFreeday(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2018
God bless my President.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by chriskosherbal(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2018
Yambee:
This na good travel.

I think say he wan go take drip and blood for UK again.
grin cheesy

Meanwhile check my signature

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by LaniXmen: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2018
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by madridguy(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2018
Noted.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2018
The best president!

Safe journey papa!

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
The best president!

Safe journey papa!
Hr go get acc****

3 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by Emmafe(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Ajala

Check my signature for phone deals

12 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by olaolulazio(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
He will visit Washington from New York to ask Trump why he called him lifeless.

PMB!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by DELTACHAINSMOKER: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Even the children of Israel no travel reach this man.

Ajala the traveller. . .

Sai baba the exodus man. . .

Travelling ti take over. . . cheesy

The great traveller of our time. . .

The Moses of our time. . .

The legend of the seeker. . .

The centaur. .

The chronicles of shanaria. . .

Merlin. . . cheesy

The one man tourist. . .

Sebastian del cano. . .

Gunar Garfos. . .

Cassandra Depecol. . .

Johnny Ward. . .

Amerigo Vespucci. . .

Sai baba himself, the only president to circumnavigate the whole world. . .

The great Christopher Columbus of Africa. . .

Twale baba. . . cheesy

Just waiting for the day you will help us travel to the world beyond. . .

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by helphelp: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Ajala

3 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Sai BaBa
Sai AJALA
Sai IJE’UWA
Sai ONYE’ IJE
Sai GAWAGAWA
Sai DANDY WALKER
Sai JOHNNY WALKER
Sai EXPATRIATE BABA
Sai 2weeks in/ 2weeks out

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by DELTACHAINSMOKER: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
yes o cheesy sai baba till 2023. . . He will surely finish the good work he has started. . .

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by IllegalMoney: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Ajala go and never come back Insha Allah

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by maxiuc(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2018
cheesy cheesy grin

What else does he know how to do if not junketing around

Air Force 1 jet sorry ooooo

Hope you don't crash one day

This is someone who said he will reduce cost of governance Is only brain dead zombies that still shout intergrity over this cow president

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by ultimatebas(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2018
The tourist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by Racoon(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2018
Dont go there to disgrace Nigeria again Mr.President. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by pauljumbo: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Try travel with business men and not politicians

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Our Ajala President.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by modath(f): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Bubu is always always cool calm & collected... Me likey. smiley

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by FOWOSHERE01(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Why is this man running again?
This man don too old.

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by cjudy(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Ajala

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by naijapips04: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
And some people say we have a president.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by sadiktofa(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Lol
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by Bizibi(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Safe journey, osibanjo continue your work,yours is better......I hope oshiomole and co will not plan a coup against saraki again.

2 Likes

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by tstx(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Tourism Presido

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by nelronaldo(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Hehe
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by CSTR1005: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2018
This man had travelled more miles than xi jin ping, Trump and netanyahu altogether.

You would think he is signing the deal of the century or brokering world peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by castrokins(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2018
They're Not Gonna Tell Us Now That He'll Branch UK To Take Drips...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari To Leave For New York by ChrisIntegral(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2018
Again?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Campaign: How Jonathan, Others Prevailed On Wike Not To Resign / INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina / Okonjo-Iweala Decorated At MIT Doctoral Hooding Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.