Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" (29141 Views)

Amaechi : Nigerians Vote For Thieves, Certificate Forgers’ [photo] / Amaechi: Nigerians Who Damaged Public Property Must Be Punished / ​Ossiomo Power Plant Begins 24-Hour Power Supply To Facilities In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by BunmiSkye: 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
Of a truth,right now we have been enjoying consistent power supplies in my area even as it seems to everyone that things were wrong.......either 24hrs or not,the change will be worth it at the end of the day.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by nextstep(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
These people are comedians... I guess it's that season to say whatever you can to win, because you have nothing to lose. undecided
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Talknochip(m): 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
Anu mpama... dolaye kawai, awon Oniranu ..awon Werey 100%
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by ojonugba2014(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2018
thurder fire u.infact u wl never no peace here on earth nd after earth.ndi araa.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
What if light to Amaechi is darkness to Nigerians? I don't blame Nigerian leaders though, cuz the masses are as dumb as river Suzerainty. The easiest people to fool in life are those that can be easily convinced and are so confused. If only Nigerians can restructure their minds and get their priorities right, only then will this country be great. Revolution starts from the mind. Based on reality, Nigerians can't have a steady power supply for the next 12-16 years. Reason is that it will take 3-4 regimes to actualize this dream. That's if we even have a performing president.

The masses are Almajiris and underaged voters in the North. The same people they have placed their hope on again this time. The elites are busy on social media and Oshodi market, waiting for majic
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by nextstep(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
BunmiSkye:
Of a truth,right now we have been enjoying consistent power supplies in my area even as it seems to everyone that things were wrong.......either 24hrs or not,the change will be worth it at the end of the day.

Rainy season means more water in the dams, and less AC consumption because the temperatures are relatively cooler, which can translate to "more hours of supply", but we ain't fooled. It's the same song, just a different singer, and different year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by djoey89: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
I saw this thread while I was sipping a cold bottle of beer to release some tension. I burst out laughing. it is high time we ignore this people, must it be PDP and Apc?.. steady power indeed... they have to provide the plans to do that and I would go through and see not all this electioneering promising jargons..

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
Mruwa1:
Come oga nor dey talk nonesense make una tell us say see waiting spoil make una let we the citizens contribute money go fix the light ourself we done tire to wait for government to fix light for us ....
Abi? The thunder wey go strike these politicians dey do press up
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by budusky05(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
Jafar1:
for years is nt enough for u to give us 24hrs of electricity..
..not again

English
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Gkemz: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
What happened to the promises yet to be fulfilled. APC thinks that Nigerians are dummies.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Sgwin: 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Haha tell us another lie .... we blame those fools that's support tribal party
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
Bloody liars

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by thewesternking: 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
Let us not be too forward.
Power has improved, yes but we haven't gotten to 24hrs of uninterrupted power supply yet.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by SoNature(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2018
AroleOduduwa:
In a sane country, Amaechi would be spending time in federal prison

As governor, Amaechi also promised 24-hour power supply in Rivers State

Nigeria is a scam

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
this Amaechi is a very big fool. he had 4years to do that.... he didn't. Anyone who believes this is a fool
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by mt77: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2018
Better respect your self.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by bsolushola82: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2018
Your minister for power once said:- any government that cannot provide 24 hours light in Nigeria within six months in office is a failure.......
Abeg what else should we called this?

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by beresponsible(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves the second term, Amaechi said;

“There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.
The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/?p=24449

[/quote] God punish you
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2018
Viking007:
This thread is probably going to be the most curse filled thread in the history of nairaland. cheesy
sometimes I wish if I can just be God for a minute Nigeria politicians will be dead

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by hush15: 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lizzysamuel:
The Minister of Transportation and Director general of the Buhari campaign organization, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. Amaechi disclosed this during an interactive session with the media in Abuja on Tuesday, September 11th.

Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves the second term, Amaechi said;

“There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.
The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

Speaking further, the former Rivers state governor said;

“Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”
“It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.
“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.”

More below:

Ameachi, quote me. i say you are mad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by gcof(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2018
Gkemz:
What happened to the promises yet to be fulfilled. APC thinks that Nigerians are dummies.
they are so big for the eyes to see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by 9gerian: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hahahahah!

Lizzysamuel:
The Minister of Transportation and Director general of the Buhari campaign organization, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. Amaechi disclosed this during an interactive session with the media in Abuja on Tuesday, September 11th.

“Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”
“It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.
“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.”

More below:

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by LZAA: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lomprico2:
Idiot!

Its the same ol' shít you guys used to deceive millions into voting the lifeless one and his thieving gang.

Not gonna work this time around except for some fools whom some are here on nairaland.
So u are telling us sarkin,Roger3D,yarimo,madridguy and manirBK wee worship the caliphate at the detriment of common sense grin
Ok oh grin
Cc immhotep greenback nightmare007

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by princeobasi60(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
May thunder from china and Russia visit u
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Phonix1234: 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
If u are still campaigning with Power by diz time, oooooo i fear for our unborn......

What do diz guys really take us for? Which means u guys actually knew power is zero since and have don nothing about it.

All the thunder in the world fire all of una... Ewu
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Tolahinges: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2018
Power in most areas have improved and we only expect more improvement #PVCForBUhari2019
Lizzysamuel:

More below:

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by westcole: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lizzysamuel:

More below:

God punish your Mouth. thunder fire your generation. idiot
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by tolani4real: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lizzysamuel:

More below:

Shut up
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Gordonz07(m): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
Big lie, shey the light we don see now, eye dey pain us Yeye government. tongue
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by drey076(m): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2018
Sowore 4 president
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by roscoleefad: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Buharimustgo:
When Zombies vote for them,and they win,what you will hear is that we never made such promise.

May Arusi Ubima fall on Amaechi
I still wonder how this man will lie like this and stil go home and sleep amaech is an occurr person if he can sleep after this much lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by mamotalk: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2018
Yeye dey smell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Farida Waziri Threatens To Expose Obasanjo. / Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From Paris After A 5-Day Official To France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.