Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,591 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" (29155 Views)

Amaechi : Nigerians Vote For Thieves, Certificate Forgers’ [photo] / Amaechi: Nigerians Who Damaged Public Property Must Be Punished / ​Ossiomo Power Plant Begins 24-Hour Power Supply To Facilities In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 13, 2018
Is it Buhari who has not been able to give us uninterrupted power supply for 4 hours (1/6 of 24 hours) during his first term that will give us light for 24 hours after another four years? The truth is that he will need more than a term to achieve that! To hell with him and his cohorts!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by showstopperss(m): 5:59am On Sep 13, 2018
If he really said this..then I believe he is a mad cow..what do these guys take us for na?ayan not understanding,gosh I weep for this nation
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Naija2mumu(m): 6:31am On Sep 13, 2018
If this people no finish us with lies ehh, but sombody said in 2015 that they could do it in 6months
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by kennyclassic: 7:00am On Sep 13, 2018
You can’t just manufacture a new lie... this lie is so old and unconvincing.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by halohs: 7:35am On Sep 13, 2018
If it doesn't come from Buhari's own mouth.....I ain't believing shit!!!
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by akosh005: 7:49am On Sep 13, 2018
We never even enjoy 12hrs self....this mumu dey tell us 59hrs per day not 24hrs
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by obynorecz: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2018
Lizzysamuel:
The Minister of Transportation and Director general of the Buhari campaign organization, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. Amaechi disclosed this during an interactive session with the media in Abuja on Tuesday, September 11th.

God punish that your mouth for dià idiot for 3yrs una no do anything! So make we wait for 2019 to get light
Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves the second term, Amaechi said;

“There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.
The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

Speaking further, the former Rivers state governor said;

“Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”
“It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.
“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/?p=24449

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by OyinO: 8:01am On Sep 13, 2018
May you never know peace.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Marvellouzkk(f): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2018
Another foolish man of the highest order Speaking WE DON'T WANT, YOUR TIME IS ALMOST UP
Lizzysamuel:
The Minister of Transportation and Director general of the Buhari campaign organization, Rotimi Amaechi has said Nigerians will enjoy 24 hours power supply if President Buhari is re-elected in 2019. Amaechi disclosed this during an interactive session with the media in Abuja on Tuesday, September 11th.

Speaking on why Buhari and the APC government deserves the second term, Amaechi said;

“There is also an improvement in power. We have from 3000megawatt to 7000 but we are distributing 5000 because some of the Infrastructures are not in good state but we are slowly fixing them.
The expectation is that it should be 24 hours power supply but there will still be a gap but if you give us a second term, that gap will be closed.”

“Nigerians have taught me a lesson I learnt in politics and that is why nothing bothers me again. The people praising you today, if you see them when you are out of power, you will be shocked. Those singing hallelujah and hosanna will still be the same people to shout crucify him tomorrow.

“We have done much more than transport. In terms of Corruption; this economy was a rent economy. Public money was spent anyhow and it was an economy that was not worked hard for. That is why you see politicians today very rich and one year after government, they are poor. They are like that because they don’t know how to manage the money.

“When Buhari came, he said no and that we cannot continue to spend anyhow. Buhari has not said people should not steal, he has rather kept quiet to see who can steal because there is a consequence for stealing.

“I don’t want to say it has stopped completely but it has reduced. Before, there were so many empty houses in Abuja. People were building and speculating that new politicians will come in and buy but we came in and could not buy because of the economy. So if you say Buhari has not done anything on corruption, you are being most unfair.

“Also, the 2016 budget was 6percent capita but we are doing 20 percent capita now. We are doing 80 percent recurrent and 20 percent capital. We believe that in the next two to three years, we will get to 30 percent capital and we will get there if we reduce the current expenditure and deal with wastage.”
“It is also unfair if Nigerians think the ministry of works is not working. The road to Bonny was abandoned after Obasanjo left government.

“The road was below N39bn but it is now N120bn. When I was Governor, I wrote to federal government under Jonathan that I wanted to do the road for N39bn but they didn’t reply me.
“My final year as governor, energy wrote that they will take care of 50 percent of the bill and I wrote again to the Federal Government but they didn’t reply because I was in APC. Now that the Federal government wants to do it, the cost is now N120bn.

“So, Buhari government is dealing with corruption, building roads. The worst roads in Nigeria used to be between Uyo and Calabar but it has been awarded.

“The road to Enugu too that people are complaining about, contractors are working on the roads already. The work may be slow but they are working. When we came oil was $28 per barrel and our budget was $35 and suddenly it dropped but the Minister of Budget managed it for us to survive. Now oil is $74 but we still have not reached $110. If we get to that, things will change rapidly. Also the Ilorin-Jebba road. So many roads have been awarded.”

More below:

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Charles4000(m): 8:13am On Sep 13, 2018
Iies upon lies�
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by bibicici(f): 8:25am On Sep 13, 2018
Why? Are you now minister for power? Have you been promised that position in the future? Why don't you talk about your sham of a ministry first before talking about others?
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by osywhite(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2018

You are fixing them slowing but stealing the money rapidly. That's not good!! How can you tie 24 hours power supply to re-election.
Someone should tell Amaechi that Nigerians deserve more than what APC is offering now.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by daveP(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2018
Ubah199:
lol this buhari campaign sef dey wallow me 24hrs light if I hear my area sef na 3hrs we dey use maka why our government too dey lie like this
Don't mind them. see Egypt that added 14000kw to their national grid in 4months Like Asif it's custard. But we've been Tryna still beat the military record till date. a big shame.

Besides they keep riding on the intelligence of gullible Nigerians to be using something that is their right to get a return to power always. Simple basic amenities we deserve is what they make us feel as privileges. shame!!!

We need Cersei's walk of shame for many of em.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by GetCofOProperty: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2018
Well, Nigerians should start thinking Entrepreneurial/Entrepreneurship rather than fixed on a salary mindset. Consider this and check out this topic here https://www.nairaland.com/4729851/think-business-the-yet-fully-explored#71136619 VERY IMPORTANT..
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Born2Breed(f): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2018
Lizzysamuel:

More below:

Even Amaechi dont belive this lie.

Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by blingmoney01: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2018
Amaechi is a clown, you think Nigerians are stewpid..the promises Apc made before the election, how many have they achieved.

Thunder fire your head there. Bastards!
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by idesylvester(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2018
may all the gods of the land, sea and air punish him join...
madone:
God punish you sir.infact waka
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by franklin000(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2018
so why are we not enjoying it now? Amaechi should say something else please.
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by KingRagnar: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
It maybe or possibly is the dream of PMB for Nigeria to have 24 hours of light supply everyday but I tell you, the officials in each PHCN office or headquarters will not let it be which brings me back to the the popular axiom that "Nigerians are the ones killing this nation", those at the the federal/ ministerial facilities that always require bribe to function for things that ordinarily are our rights. I believe in the deream but not just in the executors
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by bfred(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is the height of shamelessness... Leadership in retrogress. What a shame. Second term kooo... Third term niii... Mumu
Re: Amaechi: "Nigerians Will Enjoy 24-Hour Power Supply If Buhari Is Re-elected" by Mruwa1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
DBlackCeazer:
Abi? The thunder wey go strike these politicians dey do press up
soon d thunder go strike dem

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Am The Next President Of Nigeria – Pastor Tunde Bakare (video) / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.