Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram (3301 Views)

Watching Live Videos On Facebook Or Youtube - Which One Is More Data Friendly? / How Computational Photography Is Making Your Photos Better. / Google Bans 29 Apps That May Have Stolen Your Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by 3mmyz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Well if you're reading this and you're guilty of the following reasons stated below, you should make a U turn.

This is actually for those of us that love to upload our photos to Facebook, Gplus, Twitter & Instagram.
Now understand me, I'm not insinuating that you're wrong but your motives might be.

Now I'm actually writing this post because I've met and heard a lot people say that they upload certain pics to Facebook and other social sites just so they can retrieve their photos in case it gets misplaced or destroyed through crash or snatch. Phone or External Memory can get misplaced, you surely must need a cloud backup to really prevent regrets.

Now they're certain files that shouldn't be uploaded cause of security and other personal reasons. Such files like your images can be saved to the cloud with only you having the rights and access to it, except you decide to share it to the public, they're strictly private.

This cloud storage is very important aside saving just images, you can save anything from games, archive, videos and virtually any files that you've come across.

Now for the photos, let's say you've this memorable but shaming picture you'd like to save up for memories but can't cos everyone would see it on social media if posted and you'd get embarrassed, but deep down you wish you could back it up without any publicity.

Pictures like passports, screenshots of receipts shouldn't be uploaded publicly, you should start using a cloud storage.

That's quite a simple task, now if you have a Gmail account you'd have access to Google photos, it's a free image storage app. You can upload your photos album to Google photos but not Instagram, Facebook, etc. You don't need that publicity.

Now if you've a Gmail account you automatically have 15GB storage capacity for free. It's upgradeable with an annual fee in case you wish to increase your space. Google photos is linked to your Google drive.

Remember that the cloud storage is just like a physical memory, except for internet connectivity.

More so, there are other cloud services aside Google drive..

They include...

One drive
Mediafire
Dropbox, etc.

They're not completely free, but they're really really helpful.

Make sure you're saving to the cloud, it's more secured, only you can see your photos and you can retrieve it if in case it gets damaged/ravaged.

Source:
https://www.gklited.com/2018/09/this-is-where-you-should-posting-your.html

Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by bularvz: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nice write up op the world is going paperless
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by stigmond(m): 12:19am On Sep 13, 2018
But u can still safe on Facebook with only me option

1 Like

Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by omoiyalayi(m): 2:44am On Sep 13, 2018
Nice one op

I actually tried it sometimes ago but got discourage due to bad Internet connectivity so I decided to ve external hard drive to save stuffs like that

I will give it another try

Thanks.
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by AYOOLA112: 5:12am On Sep 13, 2018
Automatic & Instant Card Delivery website for NECO CARDS, WAEC CARDS retail and bulk 24/7 CLICK HERE

Android APP available CLICK HERE

Check your SSCE Result anytime, anywhere, without stress.

3mmyz:
Well if you're reading this and you're guilty of the following reasons stated below, you should make a U turn.

This is actually for those of us that love to upload our photos to Facebook, Gplus, Twitter & Instagram.
Now understand me, I'm not insinuating that you're wrong but your motives might be.

Now I'm actually writing this post because I've met and heard a lot people say that they upload certain pics to Facebook and other social sites just so they can retrieve their photos in case it gets misplaced or destroyed through crash or snatch. Phone or External Memory can get misplaced, you surely must need a cloud backup to really prevent regrets.

Now they're certain files that shouldn't be uploaded cause of security and other personal reasons. Such files like your images can be saved to the cloud with only you having the rights and access to it, except you decide to share it to the public, they're strictly private.

This cloud storage is very important aside saving just images, you can save anything from games, archive, videos and virtually any files that you've come across.

Now for the photos, let's say you've this memorable but shaming picture you'd like to save up for memories but can't cos everyone would see it on social media if posted and you'd get embarrassed, but deep down you wish you could back it up without any publicity.

Pictures like passports, screenshots of receipts shouldn't be uploaded publicly, you should start using a cloud storage.

That's quite a simple task, now if you have a Gmail account you'd have access to Google photos, it's a free image storage app. You can upload your photos album to Google photos but not Instagram, Facebook, etc. You don't need that publicity.

Now if you've a Gmail account you automatically have 15GB storage capacity for free. It's upgradeable with an annual fee in case you wish to increase your space. Google photos is linked to your Google drive.

Remember that the cloud storage is just like a physical memory, except for internet connectivity.

More so, there are other cloud services aside Google drive..

They include...

One drive
Mediafire
Dropbox, etc.

They're not completely free, but they're really really helpful.

Make sure you're saving to the cloud, it's more secured, only you can see your photos and you can retrieve it if in case it gets damaged/ravaged.

Source:
https://www.gklited.com/2018/09/this-is-where-you-should-posting-your.html
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by lastbaff(m): 5:27am On Sep 13, 2018
Cool
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 13, 2018
Kul.
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 13, 2018
nice one
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by Fuadeiza(m): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2018
It's what I do ....

We leave Facebook for the kids.
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by LadySarah: 9:54am On Sep 13, 2018
Pls can someone give me a detailed explanation .I really hate to save them on fb..
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by Urchman27(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2018
LadySarah:
Pls can someone give me a detailed explanation .I really hate to save them on fb..
Ins
Install Google photo on your device, open and connect it with your Gmail.
Each pic you take with your phone will automatically backup in the app only if your data is on.

Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by LadySarah: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2018
Urchman27:

Ins
Install Google photo on your device, open and connect it with your Gmail.
Each pic you take with your phone will automatically backup in the app only if your data is on.

Right away sir.Thank you so much.
I lost my phones to theft and all my children pic are gone . cry
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by fubohatik: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2018
this romance group is hot
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by kekakuz(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
thats the idea
save our memories and everything in the cloud
then continue to find a way to computerize being into virtual reality
so we can all go live forever in the cloud
i see

hmmm did i just expose some deep secret

1 Like

Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by Mustay(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
Google Photos is not the most secured anyway. As long as your Google account can be hacked (even with dual authentication features), you are at the mercy of the hacktivists and your laxity online. I personally do not recommend Google Photos
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by damtan(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
stigmond:
But u can still safe on Facebook with only me option
Facebook account can be hacked and you'll lose access to it
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by stigmond(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
damtan:
Facebook account can be hacked and you'll lose access to it

Anything online can be hack brother!!!
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by SEGLIZ: 5:37am On Sep 14, 2018
Mustay:
Google Photos is not the most secured anyway. As long as your Google account can be hacked (even with dual authentication features), you are at the mercy of the hacktivists and your laxity online. I personally do not recommend Google Photos

which do you then recommend?
Re: This Is Where You Should Be Posting Your Photos Not Facebook Or Instagram by SEGLIZ: 5:46am On Sep 14, 2018
I can t just believe or imagine this article is not hitting the "frontpage." but check there you find so many dumb non-educating, uninformative, undeveloping post adorning the wall. Nairaland has become awashed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hot And Steamy New - Nokia N95 Nigerian Navigation Maps Now Available. / War Against Expensive Data. Show Your Love For Glo.drop A Comment. / How To Remove Google Frp Lock On Tecno Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.