Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? (753 Views)

Are Nigerian Girls Actually Useless? / Top 10 States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Girls – Do You Agree? / Lady On Facebook Has Revealed Why Your Husbands Eye Beautiful Girls Like Her! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by proxillin(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2018
There is this believe that a lady should be able to date a guy who has a promising future. But in reality, it does not work that way. Most young guys would have experienced this at some point in their lives.

What is the definition of “a guy with promising future”? A guy who is educated, climbing his career ladder fast, has a job or not yet.
From experience, it was challenging for me to keep a girl I was dating when I got my first job. My salary then was 45k (In Lagos). I could not keep up with her expenses. I kept promising her things would change when I get a better job. But the better job didn’t come on time until I lose the girl to a senior colleague. It was hard to take for me. She is a beautiful lady I thought would never meet her kind again (I was wrong, I met a more beautiful one later in my life).

Although, we should not generalize. The way Lady A was raised is different from that of Lady B. There are still few girls out there who are ready to grow with their man. After all, we have seen stories of primary school sweethearts later getting married.

Ok we are not generalizing but we are talking about 90% of them.

Lesson learnt from these girls as a hustler.

The society is quick to blame girls for not dating upcoming guys. However, we failed to consider what they pass through.
1. Cost of female upkeep. A guy can go on with 1 pant for 3 days. A lady can’t afford to wear a pant twice a week without washing the pant. Imagine washing a pant daily. There are other necessities a lady must contend with. Make up kit, body cream, and menstruation toiletries. If a guy fails to rub cream on his body for a week, nobody will notice, but a girl dare not try such.

2. Attractiveness can be a curse. As a broke/upcoming guy dating a beautiful/flashy girl, you are contending with other men. Made men, rich guys..handsome guys are disturbing her. Check her whatsapp, you will go crazy. Social media is not making things easy too. Our females are now very exposed. Its easy to get a girl’s number now. And I know some guys that will use material things to attract a girl they are chasing. While you struggle to take your girl out to the movies, another guy is promising her everything on whatsapp. It takes a very disciplined girl to shun all these temptations. Some will even say let me go out with him, shebi its just to chop his money, from this they fall into a pity.

3. Peer pressure. Other girls are showing off their Iphones, Gucci bags and shoe on social media. Your lady will be intimidated. And they have this bullying friend that they also want to compete with. I heard one girl saying “This Iphone, I must use it too”. This is a girl that does not have anything doing. I knew she would start disturbing her boyfriend for Iphone.

Friend are even telling her “There are big boys out there. Drop that broke guy and date a rich boy. Stop wasting your time”

4. Catch them young. Men who are ready to marry now prefer younger girls. A guy is disturbing your girlfriend with marriage proposal as you read my post. She will go with the man because marriage is certain, which is not certain with you. I am a culprit too..I date younger girls (not under age oo)

In conclusion, I learnt the hard way that being an upcoming artist meant nothing to these girls. I later zeroed my mind and focused on my career. When cash started flowing in I went for the best. And I didn’t allowed any girl to hold me into ransom. Afterall, you don’t know how I made it, so you have no control over my life. If I am poor, you wont be here right now.

So guys, what was your experience dating a girl as an upcoming artist?

1 Like

Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 13, 2018
one reason why i hate the thought of marrying a nigerian is their sense of material entitlement.i have no problem with empowering a gf or wife but no matter how much u empower a nigerian partner she will still want to suck ur pocket.the german and british i dated never gave me financial headache.

op i gat no answer for u but lets hope the niggas managing them below me will give an helpful answer

1 Like

Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by Fuqman(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2018
The love may experience butterflies from the beginning and encounter story that touches probably after 3months.. Their unquenchable quest for material things and self entitlement will always shoot out. It's in their genetic make-up to leech off men.
Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by proxillin(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Fuqman:
The love may experience butterflies from the beginning and encounter story that touches probably after 3months.. Their unquenchable quest for material things and self entitlement will always shoot out. It's in their genetic make-up to leech off men.

Yes we always start with story of love...at the end only materials will determine. Money = love..reality
Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Fuqman:
u sound like men are angels, like wickedness is no encrypted into their DNA. u suffer with a guy, and at d end he tells u he can't marry a girl in her 30s. if that girl have left d guy 4 another who is financially buoyant and ready 4 marriage then, accusations of her being a gold digger will b flying everywhere
Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2018
let us b realistic, does loving a person conquers all? what happened to honesty, faithfulness, loyalty and finally financial stability? even a jobless girl is seen as a burden to a guy and most guys don't even want to be in a relationship with her, much more a broke guy who might abandon u when all is well 4 a girl in her early 20s. u might say i am not sure d guy will dump d girl but which girl in her right senses want to toy with her future? with d stigma of d 'evening news paper'? we've seen ladies who tried it and failed, not sure I want to walk that path
Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
proxillin:
There is this believe that a lady should be able to date a guy who has a promising future. But in reality, it does not work that way. Most young guys would have experienced this at some point in their lives.

What is the definition of “a guy with promising future”? A guy who is educated, climbing his career ladder fast, has a job or not yet.
From experience, it was challenging for me to keep a girl I was dating when I got my first job. My salary then was 45k (In Lagos). I could not keep up with her expenses. I kept promising her things would change when I get a better job. But the better job didn’t come on time until I lose the girl to a senior colleague. It was hard to take for me. She is a beautiful lady I thought would never meet her kind again (I was wrong, I met a more beautiful one later in my life).

Although, we should not generalize. The way Lady A was raised is different from that of Lady B. There are still few girls out there who are ready to grow with their man. After all, we have seen stories of primary school sweethearts later getting married.

Ok we are not generalizing but we are talking about 90% of them.

Lesson learnt from these girls as a hustler.

The society is quick to blame girls for not dating upcoming guys. However, we failed to consider what they pass through.
1. Cost of female upkeep. A guy can go on with 1 pant for 3 days. A lady can’t afford to wear a pant twice a week without washing the pant. Imagine washing a pant daily. There are other necessities a lady must contend with. Make up kit, body cream, and menstruation toiletries. If a guy fails to rub cream on his body for a week, nobody will notice, but a girl dare not try such.

2. Attractiveness can be a curse. As a broke/upcoming guy dating a beautiful/flashy girl, you are contending with other men. Made men, rich guys..handsome guys are disturbing her. Check her whatsapp, you will go crazy. Social media is not making things easy too. Our females are now very exposed. Its easy to get a girl’s number now. And I know some guys that will use material things to attract a girl they are chasing. While you struggle to take your girl out to the movies, another guy is promising her everything on whatsapp. It takes a very disciplined girl to shun all these temptations. Some will even say let me go out with him, shebi its just to chop his money, from this they fall into a pity.

3. Peer pressure. Other girls are showing off their Iphones, Gucci bags and shoe on social media. Your lady will be intimidated. And they have this bullying friend that they also want to compete with. I heard one girl saying “This Iphone, I must use it too”. This is a girl that does not have anything doing. I knew she would start disturbing her boyfriend for Iphone.

Friend are even telling her “There are big boys out there. Drop that broke guy and date a rich boy. Stop wasting your time”

4. Catch them young. Men who are ready to marry now prefer younger girls. A guy is disturbing your girlfriend with marriage proposal as you read my post. She will go with the man because marriage is certain, which is not certain with you. I am a culprit too..I date younger girls (not under age oo)

In conclusion, I learnt the hard way that being an upcoming artist meant nothing to these girls. I later zeroed my mind and focused on my career. When cash started flowing in I went for the best. And I didn’t allowed any girl to hold me into ransom. Afterall, you don’t know how I made it, so you have no control over my life. If I am poor, you wont be here right now.

So guys, what was your experience dating a girl as an upcoming artist?

number 4 says it all. glad u admit to it. just imagine d pain of being with a guy 4 5-6 yrs trying to build a stable home with d hope of marriage and at d end he goes of to marry a girl 7yrs below u agewise?
Re: Reality Check: Can Beautiful Girls Actually Date Promising Guys? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
The problem with some of our Naija sisters is that they see relationship as revenue generating venture. Instead of them to help the guy to grow they will be placing never ending demands on the struggling young man.

Why should a girl place her material and financial needs on her boyfriend in the first instance?

Anyway, no guy owe a girl anything, the struggling guy should reconsider any relationship that comes with financial burden and quit such relationship.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Couple Are Caught Having Sex While Driving Down The Middle Lane _watch Video / Bride Flees Wedding Venue After Arguing With Groom / Get Phone Numbers Of Rich Mamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.