Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) (27840 Views)

African American School Boy Slaps His Mother In Viral Video / Differences Between American, British Grammar / Differences In American And Uk/nigerian Grading Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
A photo of a book which 'captured' the difference between Standard American and African American English, is making rounds online. 

The difference according to the author of the book was mainly in word pronunciation and writing. Here is a photo of the book on the difference between Standard American and African American English below;  

https://lailasnews.com/trending-photo-of-book-on-difference-between-american-and-african-american-english/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Homeboiy: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
My Ghana come back from Libya come dey form accent instead of arabic

28 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by czarina(f): 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nailed.
Africans speak better English than blacks in America.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Jabo1000: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.

Its not about speaking right English, its about accent.
Both white and black hardly understand us.
You will hear I’m sorry, I’m sorry most time or excuse me.

19 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by jos945(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
lol true talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by lonelydora: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
I thought 'Help' should be 'epp'

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by rawtouch: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
ebonics..

5 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Leetunechi: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
My problem now is that my sister just broke up with her boyfriend that used to give me money when ever he visits

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by sodiqapril(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
the educational thread is always devoid of attention.nly four comments so far,if it were a "bobrisky calls tonto dikeh a lifeless monkey" thread.the comment box would have been flooded

6 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by hairybigdick: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Okay i will remember to masturbate to this undecided

13 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Correct .
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by OneCorner: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Vernacular!!!
So what
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by springtech(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
Wetin we no go see online.

And who authored the book.

1 Like

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Sheuns(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
;
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Cholls(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.
my sister before nko
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by TimiRume(f): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.
Africans should learn to speak their native languages better instead of comparing themselves to their Africa brethren they sold for pieces of mirror. Sorry if i sounded harsh.

Enjoy my siggy

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by ChiefAzubuike(f): 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
True. African Americans be like "I text you" instead of I will text you.

Other examples of African american English are

# I ain't got no kids yet

# We was there.

# You ain't _fucking no pussy tonight.

7 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by oriewanbe: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
Unbelievable, Can this be true? Nigerian pidgin is even better. Despite the fact that English is their primary language. Maybe they are trying to mimic Nigerian and the Jamaican over there.
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by AlphaStyles(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
If i decide to post black american english eeh nairaland go ban me for 1week grin
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by traihit: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
It's just a way of telling the world that an American is not the same as an African-American. With perhaps the former superior to the latter even in spoken and written English.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by czarina(f): 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
TimiRume:
Africans should learn to speak their native languages better instead of comparing themselves to their Africa brethren they sold for pieces of mirror.
The sooner Africans get over "being sold for a piece of mirror", the better for them.
English is global and that was the basis of my comparison.

That said, English has come to stay and Africans learning their languages changes nothing! How far can it spread?

6 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
We were here / we was here

So true
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Afonja007: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.
america manufacture better plane than africa undecided
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by TimiRume(f): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
czarina:
The sooner Africans get over "being sold for a piece of mirror", the better for them.
English is global and that was the basis of my comparison.

That said, English has come to stay and Africans learning their languages changes nothing! How far can it spread?
You have good points about letting the past be past and about English being a global language. That i agree to but i don't like seeing blacks from different places going at each other' neck. We don't have to compare ourselves to other africans to feel good

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by czarina(f): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2018
TimiRume:
Africans should learn to speak their native languages better instead of comparing themselves to their Africa brethren they sold for pieces of mirror. Sorry if i sounded harsh.

Enjoy my siggy
editing your comment was pointless.

Enjoy my signature
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Ilajeboy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
Pls how can I get to bourdillion ikoyi from ojodu berger
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.

Yes. But than uneducated blacks...
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by czarina(f): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2018
TimiRume:
You have good points about letting the past be past and about English being a global language. That i agree to but i don't like seeing blacks from different places going at each other' neck. We don't have to compare ourselves to other africans to feel good
it's a FACT. I have nothing against blacks in diaspora
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by dview001(m): 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
c'mon I thought we was like brovas(brothers)

why you gon look me like that

y'all be tripping for some douchebag , I ain't falling for no white ass muhfo'..ion get down like tha

6 Likes

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by czarina(f): 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Yes. But than uneducated blacks...
and funny thing is, Africans over there are some of the most educated.

So you see? Same difference

1 Like

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by makeji: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2018
And boda dayo go soon come back from togo go dey form.....'i just land frm abroad my nigga'.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU To Go On One-month Warning Strike / ASUU STRIKE:- NANS Factions Exchange Blows In Abuja / 10 Grammar Mistakes That Almost Everyone Makes — And How You Can Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.