Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) (27871 Views)

African American School Boy Slaps His Mother In Viral Video / Differences Between American, British Grammar / Differences In American And Uk/nigerian Grading Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by emfaldo(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2018
RexTramadol1:

This lady Wey dey Acrimony sabi dat accent die
Tasha Smith also... she speaks it fluently

1 Like

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by delishpot: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
A photo of a book which 'captured' the difference between Standard American and African American English, is making rounds online. 

The difference according to the author of the book was mainly in word pronunciation and writing. Here is a photo of the book on the difference between Standard American and African American English below;  

https://lailasnews.com/trending-photo-of-book-on-difference-between-american-and-african-american-english/

Truth!
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by delishpot: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Jakumo:
My chit be all da way live. I ain't lyin, and I ain't gamin', 'cause you know das right, and you know what time it is.

Muffug fitna get up out dis mufug, hop in da hooptie, ridin' fo-deep, coppin a gansta lean, an gittin ready to go hang pipe wit da hoes, cause da chit be all about dem Benjamins.

But still dey be trippin' and tryna git ova on a muffug, cause dey forgits, I ain't 'bout nun o dat chit. I controes da hoes up in dis muffug.

Hell yeah, niggus is hip to that buuchit likes da muffug, becus dey momma dit'n raise no foos.

I will straight up bust a cap on they aszes, an den play it off like it ain't chit. I chit you not.

Ain't gats no time for nappy-head hoes gittin up in a muffug face, and actin all grown an' chit, jus because they gats dat poon-tang to sell an' chit.

Headache. Abeg write am for clear English cos that rant be like say e go sweet grin
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Jakumo(m): 9:25am On Sep 14, 2018
delishpot:

Headache. Abeg write am for clear English cos that rant be like say e go sweet grin

Here is the translation :

" I hold myself in great esteem, and that is the truth about which I am very serious, as even you very well know.

I am about to leave this place, and enter my car (hooptie), along with three of my gangster associates( ridin' fo deep). We will lean sideways in our car seats(coppin a gangsta lean), as we embark on a mission to engage in wanton sex with women who can be bought with money ( Benjamin Franklin $100 bills ).

Yet some observers are baffled ( tripping) at my conduct, forgetting that I control the women.

All the same, my associates and I are aware of this confusion among observers, because our mothers did not raise fools.

I will open fire with my gun if I ever sense that I am being disrespected, after which I will then proceed to conduct myself with indifference(play it off like it ain't chit). This is a threat that must be taken with the utmost gravity.

I have no time for frizzy-haired women (nappy-head hoes) who try to invade my personal space, while conducting themselves as though they are adults, perhaps because they might be overly proud on account of the sexual favors that they have for sale."

Disclaimer : Black American lingo is infused with misogyny, extremely violent imagery, and rampant profanity, which can be intimidating at first.

Please send 500 naira credit to my MTN phone number, for this translation that you ordered online here. Thank you for your cooperation.
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by mechanics(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2018
Lolz, funny.
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by ShakurM(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Mustiboy:
thanks. I learned something new
No biggie Musti smiley

1 Like

Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by raphchima(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.
Africans speak better English than blacks in America.

No one cares, it's not our language, the English(England) speaks better English than American. ..
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by delishpot: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2018
Jakumo:

Here is the translation :

" I hold myself in great esteem, and that is the truth about which I am very serious, as even you very well know.

I am about to leave this place, and enter my car (hooptie), along with three of my gangster associates( ridin' fo deep). We will lean sideways in our car seats(coppin a gangsta lean), as we embark on a mission to engage in wanton sex with women who can be bought with money ( Benjamin Franklin $100 bills ).

Yet some observers are baffled ( tripping) at my conduct, forgetting that I control the women.

All the same, my associates and I are aware of this confusion among observers, because our mothers did not raise fools.

I will open fire with my gun if I ever sense that I am being disrespected, after which I will then proceed to conduct myself with indifference(play it off like it ain't chit). This is a threat that must be taken with the utmost gravity.

I have no time for frizzy-haired women (nappy-head hoes) who try to invade my personal space, while conducting themselves as though they are adults, perhaps because they might be overly proud on account of the sexual favors that they have for sale."

Disclaimer : Black American lingo is infused with misogyny, extremely violent imagery, and rampant profanity, which can be intimidating at first.

Please send 500 naira credit to my MTN phone number, for this translation that you ordered online here. Thank you for your cooperation.

LOL. Thank you.. I knew the story would be sweet. I will send the credit soon. I shall email it to you grin grin
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by 9ZoriaMyShithol(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2018
czarina:
Nailed.
Africans speak better English than blacks in America.
Fat shit
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by Obas101(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2018
Jabo1000:

Its not about speaking right English, its about accent.
Both white and black hardly understand us.
You will hear I’m sorry, I’m sorry most time or excuse me.
my friend you lie. what you said is the complete opposite. that is why nigerian english accent was rated as one of the best in the world
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by paix(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
Leetunechi:
My problem now is that my sister just broke up with her boyfriend that used to give me money when ever he visits
Congratulations on your sister's freedom. You've been using your sister as an ATM for your selfish interest. Go earn your own money.
Re: Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) by McBrooklyn(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Leetunechi:
My problem now is that my sister just broke up with her boyfriend that used to give me money when ever he visits

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Wednesday / Two Nigerian Students Drown In Malaysia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.