Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? (490 Views)

At What Age Should a Man Stop Bleeping His Wife / Can A Adopted Son Marry The Biological Daughter Of The Family He Is Adopted To / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by mespusinglez(m): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
at what age should you tell a child that he is adopted i.e he/she is not your biological child?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by divinehand2003(m): 11:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
mespusinglez:
at what age should you tell a child that he is adopted i.e he/she is not your biological child?

As soon as he can understand what you are talking about since their IQ levels vary from child to child.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2018
As early as possible

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by mespusinglez(m): 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
divinehand2003:

As soon as he can understand what you are talking about since their IQ levels vary from child to child.
but is it necessary or right to tell them?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by Liliyann(f): 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2018
I see no reason telling the child at all!!

What is the essence??
Just make sure you leave enough wealth and inheritance for the child!
Adoption is strictly for the rich!
If you are poor,you have no reason adopting!!
God knows the reason for not giving you a child!!
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by mespusinglez(m): 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
LivingFree:
As early as possible
but why tell them?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by mespusinglez(m): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
Liliyann:
you got trust issues?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by 93Miles: 12:06am On Sep 14, 2018
JamaicanLove was adopted.
I think she was told at age 16. I can't really remember. I will ask her then get back to u.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 14, 2018
Telling him/her changes everything.

No matter how kind and good u are at playing mother or father's role to them; trust me once they know they will always crave for their real parents.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by chiommy123(f): 5:02am On Sep 14, 2018
I think is better you tell him or her when he can distinguish between good and evil cos even if you didn't tell him someone else will and to avoid certain family problems its better you tell him.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Be Told Whether He/she Is Adopted? by Eberechi24(f): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2018
Telling them its not necessary, no need to but if it's then I guess the best time is when they have grown/independent or even married

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know This... / Why Haven't You Met Your Future Husband? This Reason Will Shock U... / The Guys I Want Vs The Guy That Wants Me - Lady Says (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.