Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,769 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? (7016 Views)

FRSC Can Impound Any Vehicle Anywhere - Abuja High Court / Registration Of Any Vehicle Documents Contact me / Plate Number Valid But Not Assigned To Any Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by AutoJoshNG: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2018

We've seen several vehicles being recalled in several other countries. However, same can't be said about Nigeria where we usually throw caution to the wind. A recall is not necessarily a bad thing as widely perceived. It could be more of a preventive and proactive measure to ensure car owners are always protected.

Vehicle recall occurs when a vehicle manufacturer or a government safety regulatory agency alerts vehicle owners to bring in their vehicles for free repairs when they've realize that the vehicle(s) have safety defects or they do not comply with some safety regulatory standards. The recall notice can be communicated via a letters, emails, text messages, phone calls etc.

I've always wondered if we do any form of vehicle recall in Nigeria until recently when I started receiving recall notices from Honda dealership. Their message says:

"Your Honda CIVIC is affected by air bag RECALL. Pls take the car to The Honda Place to get the INFLATOR replaced FREE! Call 090-8747-4650. Ignore if done"

They've actually sent this message 5 times but we won't be able to benefit from this recall as the car was converted for Uber business in 2016 and a drunk driver eventually wrecked it in an accident. Despite this recall, the inflator worked and the airbags deployed protecting the driver and his friend that sat on the passenger's side. The 2011 Honda Civic which was bought brand new has since been written-off and paid for in full by the insurance company.

Have you ever heard, seen, witnessed or experienced any vehicle recall in Nigeria? Tell us in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/vehicle-recall-in-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nah! I've never heard of it before. Even if the manufacturers are kind enough to care, our government won't care and even if our government is kind enough to care, the Nigerian owners won't care.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Alvin007: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
Recall? Lol...even Innoson Motors, is yet to issue a recall on any of her brands....We run a different system here in Naija, where we would rather be recalled by ‘road side mechanics’...i.e Kazeems. grin

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by computerglobal(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
When a manufacturer determines that a vehicle creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that vehicle at no cost to the owner. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by computerglobal(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
computerglobal:
When a manufacturer determines that a vehicle creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that vehicle at no cost to the owner. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

When your vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire is subject to a recall, a safety defect has been identified that affects you. NHTSA monitors each safety recall to make sure owners receive safe, free, and effective remedies from manufacturers according to the Safety Act and Federal regulations.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Tyche(m): 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yes

After Kazeem finished his kazemization, I left his workshop and was recalled some minutes later that he forgot to tighten some bolts in the engine.

How did he know? He found the bolt on the floor immediately I drove off

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by computerglobal(m): 4:16am On Sep 15, 2018
Tyche:
Yes

After Kazeem finished his kazemization, I left his workshop and was recalled some minutes later that he forgot to tighten some bolts in the engine.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by GURION: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2018
Tyche:
Yes

grin

Imagine if he didn't have your number

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by GURION: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

We've seen several vehicles being recalled in several other countries. However, same can't be said about Nigeria where we usually throw caution to the wind. A recall is not necessarily a bad thing as widely perceived. It could be more of a preventive and proactive measure to ensure car owners are always protected.

Vehicle recall occurs when a vehicle manufacturer or a government safety regulatory agency alerts vehicle owners to bring in their vehicles for free repairs when they've realize that the vehicle(s) have safety defects or they do not comply with some safety regulatory standards. The recall notice can be communicated via a letters, emails, text messages, phone calls etc.

I've always wondered if we do any form of vehicle recall in Nigeria until recently when I started receiving recall notices from Honda dealership. Their message says:

"Your Honda CIVIC is affected by air bag RECALL. Pls take the car to The Honda Place to get the INFLATOR replaced FREE! Call 090-8747-4650. Ignore if done"

They've actually sent this message 5 times but we won't be able to benefit from this recall as the car was converted for Uber business in 2016 and a drunk driver eventually wrecked it in an accident. Despite this recall, the inflator worked and the airbags deployed protecting the driver and his friend that sat on the passenger's side. The 2011 Honda Civic which was bought brand new has since been written-off and paid for in full by the insurance company.

Have you ever heard, seen, witnessed or experienced any vehicle recall in Nigeria? Tell us in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/vehicle-recall-in-nigeria

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Yes.

Been receiving their SMS too. Also didn't qualify since the factory-fitted airbags deployed in an accident and had to be replaced.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Tyche(m): 10:57am On Sep 16, 2018
GURION:

grin

Imagine if he didn't have your number

My brother ...

When I expressed my dismay, he even told me that I am over-reacting. In his words "Oga no be your car be the first one way I don forget this bolt", I just died

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by AutoJoshNG: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tyche:

My brother ...

When I expressed my dismay, he even told me that I am over-reacting. In his words "Oga no be your car be the first one way I don forget this bolt", I just died

Lol @ I just died grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by GURION: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
Tyche:

My brother ...

shocked

Lobatan grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2018
IVM recalls vehicles all the time, it's no biggie
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by mjbaba: 6:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Hehehe.

How many cars do we produce that we are recalling?

Is it IVM that is crying over GTB and exchange rates that will recall anything.

Even if they discover anything wrong na

"God go protect them. He is a miracle working God"

Or

"Abeg whether we recall, we no recall, person wey motor go kill, go still die"

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by eezeribe(m): 6:48am On Sep 17, 2018
A country where people do thanksgiving for buying tokunbo cars
A country where tokunbo is regarded as the norm
Abeg, make una carry una mediocre assess comot for here....
Recall kọ, phone call nị.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Alejoc(m): 6:48am On Sep 17, 2018
grin
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by id4sho(m): 6:54am On Sep 17, 2018
NA only road side mechanic recall I know,

me: Baba sikira, my left tire is still shaking.

mechanic: Bring it back

na wetin i know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Pavore9: 6:54am On Sep 17, 2018
Recall fire! cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by tlops(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2018
If the VIO and FRSC do their works well, recalled car owners will be notified.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by yek: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2018
By how na. . . How many of una FIT buy tear rubber . . .
Too few user to reach critical mass...
also zero standards.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by thesicilian: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2018
mjbaba:
Hehehe.

How many cars do we produce that we are recalling?

Is it IVM that is crying over GTB and exchange rates that will recall anything.

Even if they discover anything wrong na

"God go protect them. He is a miracle working God"

Or

"Abeg whether we recall, we no recall, person wey motor go kill, go still die"
Typical Nigerian mentality. That's why everyone keeps taking them for granted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2018
Alvin007:
Recall? Lol...even Innoson Motors, is yet to issue a recall on any of her brands....We run a different system here in Naija, where we would rather be recalled by ‘road side mechanics’...i.e Kazeems. grin
and baba modakeke and mudashiru����
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by directonpc(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2018
Innoson motors over to you.

But according to nollywood there's wife recall. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Mankosi: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2018
No we buy fairly used not new one.
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:05am On Sep 17, 2018
id4sho:
NA only road side mechanic recall I know,

me: Baba sikira, my left tire is still shaking.

mechanic: Bring it back

na wetin i know.
nor be lie...Rewire, rekitt and rinsing nja dem know..Recall na oyinbo film..Arnold and Harrison ford ����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by justikay2000: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2018
Think tear rubber, think auto (tear) recall, think tokumbo think mechanic and driver MOU
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by smokeyupu(m): 7:12am On Sep 17, 2018
Recall? All recalled vehicles are gathered together and sent to Nigeria. That's the plain painful truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Rumicarter: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2018
They recall cars in Nigeria as well?
Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by OboOlora(f): 7:16am On Sep 17, 2018
Yes, Runtown’s record label recalled his Lambo and Gwagon after he left them.

Dude is all over Lekki now taking Uber to local beer parlour

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:20am On Sep 17, 2018
Rumicarter:
They recall cars in Nigeria as well?

yes now, IVM does this recall all the time.....

if u buy a car from them and u no pay finish when time come they will recall the vehicle and reposess it sharpaly.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Heard Of Any Vehicle Recall In Nigeria? by Rumicarter: 7:21am On Sep 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

yes now, IVM does this recall all the time.....

if u buy a car from them and u no pay finish when time come they will recall the vehicle and reposess it sharpaly.

Hahahahaha! That one is Igbese recalling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please It's Urgent! I'm About To Buy A Ford Edge..advice Me!! / BMW Mechanic Diary / Transmission Issues In The 2006 Nissan Maxima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.