Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) (72740 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by destined4favour: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2018
I am not happy over this resignation, she did nothing compared to people who looted and are still looting, yet nobody calls for their resignation.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by omoelerin1: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2018
sureheaven:
God bless this woman for resigning honorably.
You’ve done ur path madam, the lord will reward u greatly.

U met a crumbled economy but u revived it, NYSC or no NYSC, You Nigeria out of recession.

This is what honorable people do in sane society, they resign whenever there is any allegation against them.
Saraki has more than dozen allegations with evidence hanging around him but today he is jostling around to contest as the president because Nigeria is a lawless nation.
In what ways has she revived the economy? There is nothing special this Govt did. The country entered into recession simply because of the fall in the price of the crude oil in the global market. The recent improvement experienced is as a result of rise in the price of crude oil.

Nigeria economy is driven by the Price of crude oil in the international market.

In early 2016, it was low as $35/barrel, today it is hovering around $80/barrel. Can't you see the huge difference? So what is that special step she took that led you out of recession? Tell me, I am waiting.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by ukandi1(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2018
Temptee101:
It doesn't stop there, arrest and prosecution should follow

You mean those who issued her d fake NYSC certificate, yes. I agree..

Who knows how many innocent victims are out there thinking their NYSC certificates are genuine when in actual sense, they are fake.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by YMCMB007(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Read the letter again.

God bless you for that statement
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by mechanics(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2018
Temptee101:

Yes, supported but until they are caught abi, kemi should face her own music squarely since it is now clear she forged her certificate. Justice is no respecter of any man, no matter how highly placed
Not at all, their own case will be swept under the carpet.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by charlsecy(m): 11:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Buterflyle0:
Read the letter again.
You should ask if he read it in the first place...

faceURfront:
She admitted that the exemption document isn't genuine. She therefore presented a fake document.
Please quote the relevant part to me where she admitted such.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by AbelDjassi: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2018
AreaFada2:

Look I have relatives of Kemi's age born and bred abroad. Kemi even has both parents from Nigeria. It was once difficult to get Nigerian nationality through the mother. I am also of a certain age to know.

When Kemi's parents came abroad in the 1960s or even earlier (Kemi was born in 1967) Nigerians had no need to invent fictitious stories in UK. Coming to UK and living in UK was a lot easier. Most came as students.

Unless their parents did not register their birth with Nigerian embassy or High Commission abroad before they died. If they did the kids would have been entered in the parents' passport. That was enough for the kids to travel on the parents passport back then.

But as far as I know Kemi's parents are Alice. And we're Alive at age 22 when she graduated.

When she got her first Nigerian passport at age 34, there is no indication that she had to specially apply for naturalisation. She did not mention it. Back in the day, a lot of people in the class and years ahead of us were foreign born, many of mixed race whose parents brought to 9ja. All had 9ja passports. The older ones not too much younger than Kemi. In my decades in the West I have had no reason to see any plausibility in Kemi's version.

Liking Kemi as minister is immaterial. We have no control over that anyway. But we at least expect people running the country to at least have genuine credentials.

As I have stated elsewhere before now, Kemi's situation would have predisposed her to a long provisioning loop - which came with no guarantee of success - if she had tried to obtain a Nigerian passport in 1989, when she graduated at the age of 22. To be clear, we are referring to some of Nigeria's darkest years, when her foreign-born citizens were viewed with suspicion and indifference in her embassies around the world. In fact, had she turned up at the Nigerian High Commission in London to apply for a passport; she simply would have been laughed out of the place! This was an experience that many who fall into her category would understand.

Now this is not to say there were no foreign-born Nigerians who obtained passports during that period. My point is that, because the application process was quite opaque and onerous, they needed "connections"/"long-leg" and to embellish the truth in some cases. This is the reason why it was not uncommon to find a Nigerian born in Austria and raised there, with his place of birth listed as Lagos, at the time.

In my view, the importance of section 25 of the 1999 constitution - which helped sunset the type of ambiguity that had circumscribed the (dual) citizenship of many Nigerians in successive years since 1960 - is often understated. But then like most of these issues, I suppose it is pretty much of "he who feels it, knows it".

25. (1) The following persons are citizens of Nigeria by birth-namely-

(a) every person born in Nigeria before the date of independence, either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents belongs or belonged to a community indigenous to Nigeria;

Provided that a person shall not become a citizen of Nigeria by virtue of this section if neither of his parents nor any of his grandparents was born in Nigeria.

(b) every person born in Nigeria after the date of independence either of whose parents or any of whose grandparents is a citizen of Nigeria; and

(c) every person born outside Nigeria either of whose parents is a citizen of Nigeria.

(2) In this section, "the date of independence" means the 1st day of October 1960.

In closing, it is my considered view that Kemi Adeosun became a victim of the same fudge used to abseil a thorny problem - at the time she was appointed as the commissioner of Finance in Ogun state . It was wrong at the time as it still is even now.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by sucess001(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:

She would have absolutely no issue in the UK. Even here in Nigeria, the worst that can happen to her is what just happened; i.e. giving up her appointment.

People saying she should be charged to court, how exactly can it be proven that she intentionally used a fake nysc clearance?... Under the circumstances, the worst punishment for the offence is what has already happened.

Dumbhead. Prove? She just admitted it. She presented a forged certificate. How else do u expect it to be proved?

Some of you are just being silly. If you go to the embassy with forged documents and they catch u...they ban u for life abi? Is it an excuse that u were not the one who got forged the document directly?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Guestlander: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2018
sucess001:

Dumbhead. Prove? She just admitted it. She presented a forged certificate. How else do u expect it to be proved?

Some of you are just being silly. If you go to the embassy with forged documents and they catch u...they ban u for life abi? Is it an excuse that u were not the one who got forged the document directly?

You have no idea of what are talking about. She is the victim here. She had no reason to forge a document she's entitled to receive anyway. What will be the motive?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by charlsecy(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2018
mechanics:
it was NYSC that gave her that certificate...
NYSC gave her a fake certificate?

zicoraads:

Ignorance is not tenable in a court of law.
Section 465 of the Criminal Code Act defines forgery thus:

A person who makes a false document or writing knowing it to be false, and with intent that it may in any way be used or acted upon as genuine, whether in the State or elsewhere, to the prejudice of any person, ......is said to forge the document or writing.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Omobada(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
olril17:

OK.. omowe... how does she plead ignorance of fact?
oponu oshi
It's good that u've accepted you are ignorant and ready to learn.
But you have to pay for consultation form before educating you. Nothing comes free
Alaimokan to n gberaga. Ode oshi
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by mechanics(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
charlsecy:
NYSC gave her a fake certificate?

Section 465 of the Criminal Code Act defines forgery thus:

A person who makes a false document or writing knowing it to be false, and with intent that it may in any way be used or acted upon as genuine, whether in the State or elsewhere, to the prejudice of any person, ......is said to forge the document or writing.
You don't get what am saying, the people that gave her the forge certificate must be made to answer the music, prosecuting her alone won't be fair, remember, some federal agencies cleared her and that certificate was checked, so why now is the issue coming up?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by charlsecy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2018
On the status of ex-finance minister, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun who just resigned after an alarm was raised that her NYSC Certificate of Exception was fake, I think she did well by resigning.

I read her resignation letter, and I was able to deduce some points:

1. She was born and raised in London.

2. She only got her Nigerian passport at the age of 34.

3. NYSC bylaw requires that participants must not be above the age of 30. If a graduate was above the stated age, NYSC would issue Certificate of Exception to such persons instead of the regular Certificate.

4. She made efforts to get Certificate of Exception, since she was 34, but those she trusted gave her a fake certificate.

Should she prosecuted in a court of law?

According to the Law, she should. The Nigerian stipulates between 3 to 14 years in jail for forgery.

It's up to her and her lawyers to prove good motive and that she was truly unaware the certificate is fake.

Wait till eternity for her prosecution.

Bye.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by mu2sa2: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
e7ejinima:

From all the posts so far, that Kemi is so loved by very many is not in doubt.

But the law of the land has been breached and there ought to be consequences:

1. Kemi admitted vide her emotional-ladden letter that she relied on what she thought were 'trusted associates' to procure the now discredited certificate. This is a big issue. She will be tasked by court and prosecution to produce the associates. And if the associates fail to admit the crime, hmmmmmmm......

2. This scandal has exposed an even bigger scandal - what verification does DSS carry out before clearing a candidate for public office? Who in DSS cleared Kemi? How did the Ogun State House of Assembly not detect this problem? These are the pertinent questions. In saner societies, a full-blown enquiry will be opened on this. It's not just about Kemi and the forgery.

But typical of us (shìt hole), expect the matter to be swept under the carpet any moment. What a national Shame!
I wouldn't have responded to your post since you said you are a shit hole but this is just to reiterate the fact that Kemi Adeosun has commited no offence. She has established that she got to know that the cert is not genuine only with this investigation. She didn't forge the cert and didn't present it knowing it was forged. Legally no offence commited. Yes, she admits the cert is not genuine but she is blameless. Being a woman of honour she rendered her resignarion. How many ppeople, not least our dubious politicians , will do that - they will rather cling to office by the most unscupulous means.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by charlsecy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
mu2sa2:
She has established that she got to know that the cert is not genuine only with this investigation. She didn't forge the cert and didn't present it knowing it was forged...
These have not been proved, and you know it!
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by EngineerOloye: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
I'm sure you are feeling well informed or intelligent with these assumptions. Enjoy the feeling but please add this to your knowledge... people dug up on her past because she was up to something not in the interest of some "people" but in interest of plugging a certain sink holes in our civil service. I've met her before... don't particularly like her, but the truth is she has gone now and the hole still remains. Good luck to us... we have our work cut out for us.
seborrhic:
Story.
The only reason Kemi resigned is because she I'd a British citizen too and the forgery would have had an adverse effect on her when she travels back to Britain.It has nothing to do with this goverment.
She knows and must have been adviced that this government would last at most another 4years,of which she isn't sure of being in the cabinet again,but her long term future in the UK and her family could be jeopardized if she doesn't admit to the forgery, only that she should blame it on her naivety.
Please when will she be charged to court?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by osusuallstars: 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
honour and privilege of serving under your inspirational leadership. It has been a truly rewarding experience to learn from you and to observe at close quarters your integrity and sense of duty.

You learnt from an illiterate
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Ekaka1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Read the letter again.
How, did she also suggest she should be arrested and prosecuted? sad
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Ngokafor(f): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
babyphaze07:
I thank you for a job well done. Indeed you have done us proud by putting this country into recession which inflicted a lot of sufferings on the populace. You policies such as borrowing to finance the budget has increased our total both internal and external debt. Nigerians won't forget this.
Your name is written in gold in Nigeria history as a minister with a forged certificate.

Nigerians would have wished if PMB could resign too.

Spot on
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Ngokafor(f): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
Best0211:
He who hasn't no sin should be the first to cast the stone... It is Cristal clear that she was a victim of our corrupt society where u can't be sure if anything even u count the money u withdraw from the ATM all cos trust.....how wld she had known that she was been issued a fake certificate?.....out of the 100% of the vehicle likeness and custom duties we all carry around 80% of them are fake if na lie go to FRSC to check then how much more someone like her u is just a novice frm abroad that her intellegience won't be place upon be crooked Nigerians.. we ve lost a gifted Brian in her.

Your talk is simply normal Yoruba talk to defend your mouth and kin....no more no less
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by sirqeeboi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2018
She can still go back and collect original one..or is there time frame for collecting exemption letter or certificate??..buh y would she collect a fake certificate in first instance?? When there is no exam attached to it ...God knows best...
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Chukazu: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Read the letter again.

If police finds a stolen items in your hands would you be excused just because you are not aware?

When did ignorance become excuse to the law?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by themanderon: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
I maintain that most Nigerians are so easily manipulated. Just look at how she tried to absolve herself in this craftily drafted letter.
So she never visited NYSC premises but was issued certificate just like that? Does NYSC now issue certificate by proxy She should admit that she used an "Oluwole" certificate and spare us these tales of trusted nameless associates.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by godquality: 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
contigiency:

Why she didn't resign since, as if its easy. Even though many of you online probity champions are criminals who never and will never give a dam over the atrocities of your like minded criminal PDP party. It's understandable why you may be forgiven for your position on issues concerning buhari government. The fact that we started on a wrong footing with the gang that raped this country headed by obasanjo in 1999, actually spoilt many of you who have been benefiting from the rotten system. so to change the guard at a time no one thought it was possible, was a huge shock to many of you. I strongly recommend a rehabilitation home to enable many of you come back to the reality.
don't understand the name calling here. Read my posts in NL you will see I don't have any political affiliation. You are sounding like one wrong deserve another. Just because PDP were terrible doesn't make what she did right. What's the future of our country when the likes of you defend wrong doings just because the person involved is......
is what she did correct?
Is she above the law? because as far as I know, forgery and perjury are against the law
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Chimok: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Read the letter again.
read which letter? Are u that daft?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by adecz: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
Omobada:

stop exposing your ignorance.
in law, ignorance of fact is different from ignorance of law...ask those who know if u dnt know.

So, you are one of those that
have swallowed her coccck & bull
story of not knowing the authenticity
or otherwise of her 'ijebu' certificate

Her story was cooked up for
your likes... Mr "ignorance in law & facts" cool cool cool

Eat it, digest it & assimilate
it into your circulatory system....

Bon appetit !! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by YesBoss1(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
Your question shows your obvious naivety, siddon make pant de wear you.
femi4:
Ode! Is nysc a cert that people with genuine degree Cert are desperate to forge
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Because her explanation says it all. If he had read it and understood it, he would not be shouting arrest and prosecute like someone who struggles with assimilation

Are you paid more than 30K? Cuz the way you carry Apc for head Na WA oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of President Tinubu, Rolling Dollar And Dele Alake / Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / Tinubu Has Introduced Emilokan & Olule To Yoruba Dictionary – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.