Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) (72782 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Yemhey(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Verily, what goes around comes around
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Mike008(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2018
Her resignation is very plausible, a culture other Nigerian leaders should imbibe. I only hope it came earlier.
Be that as it may, this woman seem suited and competent for the position.

Considering who has taken over, I wish she remained there even with no certificate

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by fabienjoe: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2018
This is most likely a hatchet job by the Buhari presidency. Her explanations are lucid and completely tenable. Buhari should have granted her amnesty. She may have sought but received no assurances from the presidency. The indecent haste with which Buhari appointed Aisha Ahmed as her replacement suggests this. It appears they've been grooming this lady for this position. We must ask, does federal character mean anything to Buhari? Those that procured the document for her should be interrogated.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by bluefilm: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2018
Chai.

This woman _fucked up wella.

Upon say she go school for abroad wey dey civilized, she still come soil her name for naija by doing runs things.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by bixton(m): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2018
Not everyone who comment here have actually read her resignation letter.
The next person after me may likely have read it half way

It's not because of our educational background we can't comprehend .
What affects us most is our extreme sentiments because we already don't like the person in question.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by AreaFada2: 9:00am On Sep 15, 2018
AbelDjassi:

The path to citizenship for those born and raised abroad has not always been as clear as your opening sentence implies.
I know many foreign-born Nigerians over a certain age who once had to invent fictitious places of birth, in Nigeria, just to obtain a Nigerian passport. It is of course true that the application process is less opaque now, and that people like you would not have to lie on behalf of your children unless you absolutely want to. But those of us of us who grew up in a particular era know this has not always the case.

I have never been a supporter of Kemi Adeosun, because I have always considered her inadequately qualified for the job she took on.
But I also know well enough not to conflate my personal biases with my grasp of what once obtained with Nigeria's naturalization and immigration service.
Look I have relatives of Kemi's age born and bred abroad. Kemi even has both parents from Nigeria. It was once difficult to get Nigerian nationality through the mother. I am also of a certain age to know.

When Kemi's parents came abroad in the 1960s or even earlier (Kemi was born in 1967) Nigerians had no need to invent fictitious stories in UK. Coming to UK and living in UK was a lot easier. Most came as students.

Unless their parents did not register their birth with Nigerian embassy or High Commission abroad before they died. If they did the kids would have been entered in the parents' passport. That was enough for the kids to travel on the parents passport back then.

But as far as I know Kemi's parents are Alice. And we're Alive at age 22 when she graduated.

When she got her first Nigerian passport at age 34, there is no indication that she had to specially apply for naturalisation. She did not mention it. Back in the day, a lot of people in the class and years ahead of us were foreign born, many of mixed race whose parents brought to 9ja. All had 9ja passports. The older ones not too much younger than Kemi. In my decades in the West I have had no reason to see any plausibility in Kemi's version.

Liking Kemi as minister is immaterial. We have no control over that anyway. But we at least expect people running the country to at least have genuine credentials.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by 93Miles: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2018
Adekdammy:

Why would someone get your cert for you in the first place?

Atlest nysc gives cert to owners and not by proxy except via a written letter by the owner stating such, hence someone collected your cert on your behalf doesn't make it fake.

Ok I've heard.

BUT your first post said otherwise.

So I was curious to know how a cert becomes fake when someone gets it for another person.

Because I have a friend, during his pop from nysc someone collected his cert for him.

I wanted placing a call and tell him that the cert in fake.

Thanks.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2018
AreaFada2:

Look I have relatives of Kemi's age born and bred abroad. Kemi even has both parents from Nigeria. It was once difficult to get Nigerian nationality through the mother. I am also of a certain age to know.

When Kemi's parents came abroad in the 1960s or even earlier (Kemi was born in 1967) Nigerians had no need to invent fictitious stories in UK. Coming to UK and living in UK was a lot easier. Most came as students.

When she g[b]ot her first British passport at age 34,
[/b]there is no indication that she had to specially apply for naturalisation. Back in the day, a lot of people in the class and years ahead of us were foreign born, many of mixed race whose parents brought to 9ja. All had 9ja passports. The older ones not too much younger than Kemi. In my decades in the West I have had no reason to see any plausibility in Kemi's version.

Liking Kemi as minister is immaterial. We have no control over that anyway. But we at least expect people running the country to at least have genuine credentials.
What is that?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 15, 2018
Sterope:
She did not admit anything

However her story does not add up.

Maybe we both need to re-read her submissions again because I am pretty sure I read where she stated in very clear terms that she has become aware that the certificate she submitted on 2 different occasions is not genuine
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by 93Miles: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2018
Temptee101:

What has that got to do with me? We are governed by the rule of law, every crime has it's prescribed punishment under law. Kemi has committed a crime, she should be prosecuted at the law court and if found guilty should be served her punishment just like every other Nigerian. Is that simple.

Bro let this rule of law starts with the first criminals.

Or are the first criminals exempted from rule of law?

Or are you telling me that Kemi is the first criminal in Nigeria?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by AreaFada2: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2018
ontarioissauga:

What is that?
Did you not read her resignation letter or you just jump to make comments? Read her letter fully.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Adekdammy: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2018
93Miles:

Ok I've heard.

BUT your first post said otherwise.

So I was curious to know how a cert becomes fake when someone gets it for another person.

Because I have a friend, during his pop from nysc someone collected his cert for him.

I wanted placing a call and tell him that the cert in fake.

Thanks.

Thanks to you too, i love convo like yours, no insults or bad belle.

God bless u
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 15, 2018
AreaFada2:

Did you not read her resignation letter or you just jump to make comments? Read her letter fully.
You that read it, did she say she got her first British passport at 34yrs?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Baroba(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2018
If Kemi was a " game bred" Naija she wouldn't have resigned, We know that Naija politicians don't know what honour is, na the Britico in her made her do it .

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by AreaFada2: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2018
ontarioissauga:

You that read it, did she say she got her first British passport at 34yrs?
Nigerian passport of course. That should be clear from the logic. Afterall she mentioned getting visa in her British passport before age 34. Is that all you took from what I wrote? One error easily discernable from the flow? shocked shocked
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by 93Miles: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2018
Adekdammy:

Thanks to you too, i love convo like yours, no insults or bad belle.
God bless u
And bless you too. Have a great weekend
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 15, 2018
AreaFada2:

Nigerian passport of course. That should be clear from the logic. Afterall she mentioned getting visa in her British passport before age 34. Is that all you took from what I wrote? One error easily discernable from the flow? shocked shocked
You claimed you read it but wrote rubbish afterwards.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Fourwinds: 9:18am On Sep 15, 2018
rottennaija:

Should we also cut her head and bring it to you?
yes

bluefilm :
Chai.
This woman _fucked up wella.
Upon say she go school for abroad wey dey civilized, she still come soil her name for naija by doing runs things.
Nonsense.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by AuroraB(f): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2018
obailala:

She would have absolutely no issue in the UK. Even here in Nigeria, the worst that can happen to her is what just happened; i.e. giving up her appointment.

People saying she should be charged to court, how exactly can it be proven that she intentionally used a fake nysc clearance?... Under the circumstances, the worst punishment for the offence is what has already happened.
Is everyone involved in getting her the exemption certificate dead
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by AreaFada2: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2018
ontarioissauga:

You claimed you read it but wrote rubbish afterwards.
Mr perfect good for you. If you have any knowledge ALL people born in UK before January 1983 except some kids of diplomats before Thatcher changed it in were automatically British. If you knew that Kemi born in 1967 was British from birth.

Thank you Mr. ITK.
This is how you spot tribalist who want their forger to remain in position. They ignore the topic at hand and pick on irrelevant stuff.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by kaywhy09(m): 9:39am On Sep 15, 2018
Will recession also resign with her, and are we getting Youwin! Connect Money now?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Trunaijian: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Because her explanation says it all. If he had read it and understood it, he would not be shouting arrest and prosecute like someone who struggles with assimilation

Thank you.

Politics and misplaced sentiments have blinded some of our youths, unfortunately.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by definateli: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2018
In all this, she has made money.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by omoelerin1: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2018
Fayaboy:
The NYSC exemption should include Nigerians born abroad who also schooled abroad so that we can capture exceptional talents to serve Nigeria especially in areas where we are lagging
Oga, forget. Nigeria's problem is not lack of human capital resource.
Where are we lagging behind in the political offices that only those who were born and schooled abroad can address?
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by vineyardfarms: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2018
faceURfront:

Nothing. Unless someone can prove that they knew the certificate were fake. Then they become accomplices to the crime.
IF DSS AND THE ARM OF SENATE RESPONSIBLE FOR HER CLEARANCE WHERE NOT ABLE TO DETECT MINOR BREACH SUCH AS THIS, THEN WE ARE IN SERIOUS DANGER.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Halo22: 9:50am On Sep 15, 2018
The one that surprised me more was the defence speech of Prof. Sagay, a professor of constitutional law. Why do these like sacrificing the truth and justice on the altar of sentiment?
Racoon:

No apology to the Nigerian people? Kemi Adeosun should be arrested & trial according to Nigerian laws.
Meanwhile shame on Joe Igbokwe, Prof.Sagay,Femi Adeshina & the entire APC government for the ignoble role they all played while this scandal lasted.
They will forever go down in histroy & infamy as a regime that not only accepted corruption but annoyingly went ahead to legalized it.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2018
AreaFada2:

Mr perfect good for you. If you have any knowledge ALL people born in UK before January 1983 except some kids of diplomats before Thatcher changed it in were automatically British. If you knew that Kemi born in 1967 was British from birth.

Thank you Mr. ITK.
This is how you spot tribalist who want their forger to remain in position. They ignore the topic at hand and pick on irrelevant stuff.
You made a mistake, correct it and move on.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Halo22: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2018
What you are saying is just like asking how can someone who buys a stolen good, proves to police that he or she doesn't know the goods were stolen. Check ur head correctly.
obailala:

She would have absolutely no issue in the UK. Even here in Nigeria, the worst that can happen to her is what just happened; i.e. giving up her appointment.

People saying she should be charged to court, how exactly can it be proven that she intentionally used a fake nysc clearance?... Under the circumstances, the worst punishment for the offence is what has already happened.
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2018
faceURfront:

He is right. She admitted that the exemption document isn't genuine. She therefore presented a fake document.

Let us assume she is telling the truth that she does not know it is fake, since when has ignorance become a form of defence?

Best case scenario: charge her to court, convict her and let her be granted presidential pardon.

Den make she pack her kaya face UK de go.

don't mind Nigerians, they put sentiments and emotions ahead of the law
Re: Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) by CioAngels(f): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2018
You have done best you can, still find out if can still process for original exemption of certificate because tomorrow is huge, you might be needed again somewhere in the near future. At lest you must have stolen enough to see you through your life time, and i hope you blocked all loopholes as you prepare your handover notes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Datti Ahmed Bows To Greet Tinubu At Abuja Central Mosque Today (Pictures) / Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / South-East Governors Ban IPOB Activities (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.