Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,456 members, 7,861,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? (27932 Views)

Do You Really Believe That Bible Stuff?? / Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? / Do Pastors Really Believe In A "God" All Is It All An Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ Evalasthn & Madlady

Much respect for educating them all, on the ethics of a true rastaman. I cant call myself a true rastafarian, but I am a staunch believer of the rasta.
Its a shame that some of the so called rastafari's in Nigeria have now made a honourable way of life into a thing of mockery.

JAH BLESS I and I.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by evalasthn: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2010
ever living, ever faithful, ever sure, jah most high

Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Bidemi1997(f): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
[/sup]Bless up @evalasthn, I'm a Jamaican Jew but I RESPECT true Rastas to the max. Cool runnings[sup]

What's a Jamaican Jew
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by evalasthn: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ MADLADY
WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MATISYAHU? YOU ENJOY HIS MUSIC?
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
evalasthn:

@ MADLADY
WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MATISYAHU? YOU ENJOY HIS MUSIC?

Sadly I am not that keen, I'm into roots music, Konshens (not slackness or the weed stuff) and such. wink
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by evalasthn: 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2010
seen, roots di best music, am root to d core, feeling some I ROY tune as i write u
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Ranoscky(m): 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
Jah rasta farie sellassie I. wa gwan inna ur bungalo man? i and i bu a nigeriana. ya know me nah smoke, me nah drink, me nah weed, me nah ganjah, me nah go after dem likkle pretty mama, me come fe u blessn. i man know u'a fe bless i. u'a fe guard and protect i till i fe get to da promiseland (Zion) cah i nah guilty fe whata dem say abot i. jah bless i.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2010
madlady:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=244252835091348784&hl=en&fs=true style

For you @ bawomolo

Human that's what "kin thing be that"

wink

but why judaism though, that just seems like an odd choice.   
what's your stance on israel by the way?  do you consider jerusalem your holy land?

thanks for the video
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by skyndyp(f): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
Can a Christian be a rasta?
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by bawomolo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2010
madlady:

Not a choice wink, my Mother's a Jamaican Jew and my Father's a British Jew, we are what we are. We are off@topic. wink

that gets interesting cheesy

what about Israel though, what's your stance on Israel and jerusalem.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by bawomolo(m): 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2010
madlady:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked tongue tongue ohhhhhhhhhh I've wondered into a quagmire cry cry cry cry.

I don't do  politics,I try to avoid s ex and I defiantly RUN from involving myself in religious conflict. lipsrsealed

Start a new thread about art (my 1st love) selling property and selling accessories, I will be happy to answer your questions.

Lets get back to the @posters @topic RASTAFARIANS, lets hear your take on them. smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy

why you dey run now grin

as for rastafarians, should a mere mortal as hallie salassie(sp) be exalted to the position of a God?
what's so special about Ethiopia? why not Gambia, senegal or namibia?
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by zinaLPF: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2010
I hesitate to comment on this topic, but what the heck:

From my experience, rasta men believe in s e x with as many women as possible and floating in a ganja cloud.
Hmmnn, I guess half the men I know are rastas! grin grin grin
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by AndreUweh(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
In 1974, Emperor H. Selasie visited Jamaica, during the visit, journalists asked him if he was the Messiah to come. He made no comment.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by obstead200(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2010
They follow the Great Ethiopian Emperor Haile Sellasie who was also called Ras Tafari.

that was very educative. never knew that b/4. @poster, thanks a lot.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Gentlebabs(m): 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
All d menses all d mencham, bukuni chairs. I and i wan throw dem man brotherhood raggae. Frigi to d left and right cos Jah rastafara ina di here na Nairaland ma. Runtins, (Smiling)
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by mamagee3(f): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2010
I thought rastafarians are retards. . .

In that case they believe in imaginary things that don't count as superior or worthy of glory.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by bawomolo(m): 12:24am On Jul 07, 2010
mama-gee:

In that case they believe in imaginary things that don't count as superior or worthy of glory.

I guess the judeo-christian God is the only one worthy of glory.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by lysaa(f): 12:36am On Jul 07, 2010
I.m in love with the ice gold n green id.

skyndyp:

Can a Christian be a rasta?
From what i've seen here, i don't think so. Christian belief is pure and unadulterated. On the other hand, Rastas belief originated from the Scriptures n deviated. U can be a Christian with Dread locks (e.g Samson), talk patois (patwa) but can not be a rasta.  wink

evalasthn:

ever living, ever faithful, ever sure, Jah most high
One love sis! lol.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by madlady(f): 5:25am On Jul 07, 2010
bawomolo:

wink

To denigrate another person because of who they worship is beneath the pail for me.

If your religion/way of life makes you a more caring person then you have my FULL RESPECT.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Pafuri(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2010
Do they themselves know, stoned as they always seem to be?
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by nihun(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
smiley smiley
bawomolo:

Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:22am On Jul 09, 2010
bawomolo:

Its very sad when I see people reason this way. This thread was created to educate people in the way of the rasta, and now you come in here to disrespect their belief!!

Anyway, its like madlady don said, If you feel your religion/way-of-life makes you a better person then Jah guidiance and blessin be with you. The way of the rasta teaches peace and equality.

mama-gee:

I know you are better than this.

What makes whatever it is you believe in better/more deserving of glory than Emperor Haile Salasie I, ras Tafari. Between your god and Salasie I, who is more imaginary?!

Careful when you shoot a gun in a room with curved walls, it may just ricochette and hit you right in the ass.

Jah bless!!
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2010
[size=13pt]Okija_juju my dear. . . longest time no seen , men i miss you ooo. . . how's life wink[/size]
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by adamant: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
Rastas belive that there better than you if your not a rasta. There is no such thing as a true rasta. All rastas are are retards with dredlocks. Think about it. They dont bow to vanity, but hairstyle is vanity! Preach good and righteousness ,but most rastas are thieves,rapist,murderers,drug dealers,and have no idea who they really are. Why be born different from everone and be born unique, if you just do what someone else did because it was trendy. Its just a hair style. A stupid one too. Full of bugs. Weighs alot. Looks gross. Not to mention its just a trend. There is no hard facts that connect their belief's, to having those gross shit locks growing out of your head. Seriously, iv lived with black people my whole life. I grew up in the Caribbean. Iv been around alot of idiots with loks. Their pretty dumb. They think if you dont have dreads you dont understand the meaning of good. That meaning is only reserved for the dreadys. Wrong. There are lots of good righteous people without dreads. Rastas piss me off. Do they have any meaning behind following a hairstyle and calling it a religion that is based on fact, not belief. Just like Christianity, its based on word of mouth,fantasy, and a bunch of bullshit that happened to someone else many ,many years ago. Slavery trade is over, and no one is responsible for the actions of the last generation before them. So you cant put your life on a train of belief that's already long gone. Live in the now. If you know who you are, you dont need to ask for guidance to help you find out why your here. The answer lies within you if you seek to know who you are,not what you are.

1 Like

Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by adamant: 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
We all miss bob marley. He was one of a kind. So no matter what he was bob marley. Reggea super star. Not bob marley, rastafarian. It was his belife at the time,for him. He was an innovator of reggea. The hair was just a style. You dont have to have dreads to love reggea. You dont have to act like bob. Just be yourself. Be an innovator, not a replicator.
Re: What Do Rastafarians Really Believe In? by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 25, 2012
lol @ this thread. grin

"Jamaican Jews? Huh?"

LMFAO!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dreams, Meanings And Solutions / 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) / Evil Spirit Attacked My Dad This Midnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.