Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat (42901 Views)

Where Can A Single Room Of 50k To 70k Be Gotten In Ibadan / Man Sitting Inside The Engine Bay Of A Bus In Motion On Apapa-Oshodi Express / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by erico2k2(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2018
benjamin007:
Wait ooo don't we have engineering graduate and under graduate in this country even engineering professors, what have they produced, what impact have they contributed in production
There are loads of them, I am one of them,however there is no enabling environment to thrive,step to the west you are smiling, I left 9ja years ago and I have exhaled, even derv into fluid mechanics/Engineering.
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by frozen70(f): 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
The thug boat is small to be compared with a ship but its mighty

The major work of a thug boat is to lead a ship or vessels from high sea to berthing point of the ship then assist the ship to anchor

Once a ship wants to berth, it doesn't berth or pack right or straight due to its load, once the ship gets to its berthing stand, the thug boat pushes the ship in, to gain balance it does that by shifting or pushing the ship at the back and at the front side until it reaches the wall that demacates sea and land at the berthing point before the berth men will tire the cord of the ship to a solid stand already created

The purpose of the cord or rope is to hold the ship from waves movement incase there is heavy waves

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by lereinter(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
how are this engine components coupled to form one system
pics of the whole ship pls
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by CharlesJok3r: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Wow! i always loved engineering and engine design but *****
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by hyfr(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
victorazyvictor:

OK let me logout this one to search for it.

Was on my first monika (victorazy) grin

after being banned indefinitely I created another id (is a secrete)
this one account alone is much stress for me
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by victorazyvictor(m): 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by hyfr(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
victorazyvictor:

https://www.nairaland.com/852952/8-reasons-girls-like-bad
funny enough I could remember reading this post. Nice one
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by victorazyvictor(m): 8:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
hyfr:
funny enough I could remember reading this post. Nice one
Tnx.

..but do know the funniest thing hehehehehe this life sha! I ended up marrying her.

We reunited because what we had was real love just that she was tender then and was having fun. She later got matured and came back. She has given me a daughter.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by jeron1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2018
Greenback:

That's a new tug there.

Op are you with npa?

�����
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by jeron1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
frozen70:
The thug boat is small to be compared with a ship but its mighty

The major work of a thug boat is to lead a ship or vessels from high sea to berthing point of the ship then assist the ship to anchor

Once a ship wants to berth, it doesn't berth or pack right or straight due to its load, once the ship gets to its berthing stand, the thug boat pushes the ship in, to gain balance it does that by shifting or pushing the ship at the back and at the front side until it reaches the wall that demacates sea and land at the berthing point before the berth men will tire the cord of the ship to a solid stand already created

The purpose of the cord or rope is to hold the ship from waves movement incase there is heavy waves

U try but u miss

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by hyfr(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
victorazyvictor:

Tnx.

..but do know the funniest thing hehehehehe this life sha! I ended up marrying her.

We reunited because what we had was real love just that she was tender then and was having fun. She later got matured and came back. She has given me a daughter.
wow congrats boss. Finding the right one is the same journey as with making money. It’s from the mind

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by jeron1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
undisputednesta:
Tug boats has always been fascinating. Pulling and berthing ship vessels of over 250m LOA with big draft.

Pilot X ray 1, I sight u last last.

Abeg who u be?
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
I actually use these to work in my kind of business. They are fitted with two powerful 500hp × 2 engines.

They are deployed to help big vessels in berthing in alongside positions.

They are also designed to tow barges conveying equipment/materials to offshore locations.
Pix

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by HIPROFILE(m): 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2018
Engineering is beautiful...the other day i was viewing a documentry on how jets are manufacturered from start to finish it was really amazing...

Its quite unfortunate that this country nigeria does not encourage manufacturing and production.
Certain policies and right implementations would have encouraged our Engineers to do exploit cos if you check it you will find that our engineers abroad are doing exceedingly well compare to their fellows down here.

Nothing else made the difference but just good policy, conducive and encouraging system.

God bless nigeria still.
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by lonelydora: 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
blackboy:
Must be a new or almost new tug boat

Same thing i said to myself
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by lonelydora: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
jeron1:

Do you know?

That there are special ships called Tugs. They are smaller, but powerful. Think of Lastma towing van? Exactly! Small but mighty.

Do you know? That ships have a fan-like blade beneath and behind them called a propeller? Generally, ships have one. But tugs have two. This contributes to their power, and makes them more manoeuvrable. They can move forward, backwards and sideways.

Do you know? That these tugs are attached to bigger ships with a towline? If that towline cut kperen! It's backlash can cut a man's limb?

Do you know? That tugs assist pilots in the safe berthing and unberthing in the port? Big ships being pushed or pulled by small tugs. Small geh big God.

Do you know? That Pilots and Tug Captains work together in a close knit environment to achieve safety? Communication must be, and is usually seamless in order to achieve proper Bridge Team Management?

Do you know? That Tug crew often work and stay onboard up to six weeks without seeing their families?

Here is the pictures of an engine room of a ASS 2810 Tug. 28m length Overall, 10m Breadth Overall

1. Engine room Rectifier (converts AC Voltages to DC Voltages, in this case 220VAC to 24VDC)

2. Hydraulic Tanks showing Electric motor connected to the Pump

3. fuel Transfer Valves

4. General Service pumps and Bilge Pumps with Valves and engine room fire fighting Hydrants

What of the DP Control Console picture ?
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by cardoctor(m): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
Interesting. Where can I buy one?
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Kaysalas(m): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
benjamin007:
Wait ooo don't we have engineering graduate and under graduate in this country even engineering professors, what have they produced, what impact have they contributed in production
O boi! Na so so dy/dx dem sabi Mtchew
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by jeron1(m): 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
lonelydora:

What of the DP Control Console picture ?

Regular Tugs don't av DP...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Aykush(m): 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
victorazyvictor:

I joined since 2009 and have been online till date. A day without here is like a year without egusi soup.
oga na September 26 2017 dey ur profile

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by mansoura(f): 11:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
benjamin007:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 16, 2018
jeron1:

Do you know?

That there are special ships called Tugs. They are smaller, but powerful. Think of Lastma towing van? Exactly! Small but mighty.

Do you know? That ships have a fan-like blade beneath and behind them called a propeller? Generally, ships have one. But tugs have two. This contributes to their power, and makes them more manoeuvrable. They can move forward, backwards and sideways.

Do you know? That these tugs are attached to bigger ships with a towline? If that towline cut kperen! It's backlash can cut a man's limb?

Do you know? That tugs assist pilots in the safe berthing and unberthing in the port? Big ships being pushed or pulled by small tugs. Small geh big God.

Do you know? That Pilots and Tug Captains work together in a close knit environment to achieve safety? Communication must be, and is usually seamless in order to achieve proper Bridge Team Management?

Do you know? That Tug crew often work and stay onboard up to six weeks without seeing their families?

Here is the pictures of an engine room of a ASS 2810 Tug. 28m length Overall, 10m Breadth Overall

1. Engine room Rectifier (converts AC Voltages to DC Voltages, in this case 220VAC to 24VDC)

2. Hydraulic Tanks showing Electric motor connected to the Pump

3. fuel Transfer Valves

4. General Service pumps and Bilge Pumps with Valves and engine room fire fighting Hydrants

Very informative.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by victorazyvictor(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2018
Aykush:
oga na September 26 2017 dey ur profile

Geraroff here....

sit there dey calculate my matter.
u think everybody na liar.

https://www.nairaland.com/852952/8-reasons-girls-like-bad (My very post that made front page)

(victorazy) been banned with this monika
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by DJMCOTTY(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2018
All I see is plenty generator
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by victorazyvictor(m): 12:14am On Sep 16, 2018
DJMCOTTY:
All I see is plenty generator
Me see plenty soak away pipes grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:23am On Sep 16, 2018
Nice one. The Engines are Perkins. meanwhile, only two engines on tug boat? why just two? smaller security vessels I've worked with has four/minimum three engines though not Perkins but cat and Cummins.

so op, can you enlighten me on why a tug boat has only two engines
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by adonaimart(m): 4:32am On Sep 16, 2018
Very educational. Thanks
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Greenback: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2018
Cool

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Greenback: 7:02am On Sep 16, 2018
Sea life,my life cool cool cool

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2018
hyfr:
One of the main reasons I joined this forum years ago
Enlightenment and acquisition of knowledge WW

If you join quora then, if means you will never depart from your phone even for an hour...
Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2018
victorazyvictor:

I joined since 2009 and have been online till date. A day without here is like a year without egusi soup.

If you join quora then, if means you will never depart from your phone even for an hour...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Engine Room Of A Tug Boat by oloriLFC(f): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2018
hyfr:
One of the main reasons I joined this forum years ago
Enlightenment and acquisition of knowledge WW
pictures and news of Tonto Dike has taken over. Informative news rarely make it to front page.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / First Airplane Lands In Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja After 6 Weeks Closure. PICS / Photos Of Pickpockets In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.