Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB (1170 Views)

Benefits Of Google Adsense Auto Ads: Everything You Need To Know / Tricks And Tips On How To Make Cool Money From Adsense Auto Ads / Google Adsense Auto Ads. All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB by unstoppable51(m): 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
Exclusive from InspireWealthBlog.com

Earlier this year, the search engine giant Google introduced auto ads to enable publishers (bloggers, site owners etc) within Google Ads network monetize their contents better.

In this post you will find my completely honest review of auto ads and why I couldn’t wait to disable and remove the code from my site just after two weeks of placing it there.

According to Google, “auto ads is a powerful new way to place ads on your site.” By inserting the auto ads code on your site, Google will be able to automatically place ads on it using machine learning to save you from the stress of having to do it by yourself on every of your pages.

For those of us who may be having a hard time understanding what Google Ads (formerly known as Adsense) is all about and how to properly apply for it for instant approval, I recommend you check out the following posts below on Inspire Wealth Blog:

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Blogging And Their Honest Answers

How To Apply, Get Instant Approval And Increase Your Google Ads Earnings

If you are completely new to the blogging business and very serious about monetizing your blog, you might want to check out How To Start A Blog And Make Money Online and also How To Advertise Your Blog And Instantly Increase Your Traffic Without Spending A Dime. You will also have to see How To Make Your Site User Friendly And Improve Your SEO.

The posts I recommended above has actually received great reviews and has helped so many beginners start their blogging journey successfully, so make out time to go through some if not all of them. Now back to my review of auto ads from Google.

After Google rolled out its auto ads feature for Adsense (now known as Google Ads), like most people I decided to give it a shot for two weeks to see how it works. Before I share with you what I found out about that, let me first of all show you what led me into buying the auto ads idea in the first place.

Why I Placed The Auto Code On My Site (3 Good Things Auto Ads Was Supposed To Do)

User Experience

While introducing the new ads feature, Google said auto ads will only show ads when they are likely to provide a good user experience and perform very well.

Increase In Revenue

Google also said the new feature will lead to an increase in revenue since it will use machine learning to identify available spaces on your site and place new ads there.

Easy To Use

Auto ads is very very easy to use. You only have to put the code once on your site and that will be all you will ever need to do after you have selected the ad formats you want from your Adsense account.

These are the reasons most people often consider going with the new ad feature. They were actually the reasons I set it up on my site.

However, after two weeks of inserting the auto ads code and watching my overall site performance, here is what I discovered about it.

My Experience With Auto Ads

Too Many Ads

I found out the auto ads feature do not just put one, two or three ads on your site. They actually bombard your site with it.

You will agree with me that if you must have your users always coming back to your site, one of the major things you must give them is great user experience. And the problem with too many ads is, they do not just deliver that.

In a particular post of about 2000 words on my blog, I counted up to about 6 to 8 ads that auto ads placed on it. On posts of about 1000 to 1500 words, I found about 4 to 6 ads.

The worst part is, this ads were often repetitions. And when they are do not load properly for any reason at all, you will find wide blank spaces on those posts or articles.

I found this very difficult and irritating to the point I began to imagine what it will be like for my own readers.

Another problem with too many ads is that it makes you appear like someone who is just in the blogging business for the money and not necessarily to deliver value to your readers.

This will make it difficult for people to actually trust you.

Revenue Drop

With so much as 5 to 8 ads popping up in one article, you would assume this will lead to an increase in revenue. But the truth is, it doesn’t. It actually leads to a drop in it.

Have you discovered, the lesser the ads the more the money? Check your CPM and CPC when you have lesser ads on your site, you will be shocked to discover this.

This is the reason high traffic generating sites do not just flood their contents with too many ads.

A Drop In Average Time Spent On Site

For the two weeks the code was on my blog, I discovered the average time people spent on my blog dropped drastically.

This was one of the major reason I had to do something immediately before things will get worse.

In Conclusion

I personally think the Google Auto Ads idea will be a great one if they can make out time to still work on it. For now I don’t think the feature is worth setting up on a new site.

I can only recommend it for sites with great and loyal followers who probably due to the value the site provides may stick with it regardless of the poor user experience from the auto ads feature.

It will be best if new websites or blogs can manually set up their on ad choices on Adsense. If they must use auto ads effectively, then disabling the in-article ads will be a great choice.

After that, they can use a plugin like Ad Inserter to setup the in-article ads on their site. That was what I did and everything became just fine.

So if you are searching for auto ads review, this is my honest review of it.

Are you using auto ads now on your site or not? What can you say about it?

I will like to hear from you in the comment section below.

I hope you find this post helpful. If you do will like to learn more about monetizing a website or blog, please check out the source @ https://www.inspirewealthblog.com
Re: My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB by CuriousX: 4:14am On Feb 09, 2019
unstoppable51:
Exclusive from InspireWealthBlog.com

Earlier this year, the search engine giant Google introduced auto ads to enable publishers (bloggers, site owners etc) within Google Ads network monetize their contents better.

In this post you will find my completely honest review of auto ads and why I couldn’t wait to disable and remove the code from my site just after two weeks of placing it there.

According to Google, “auto ads is a powerful new way to place ads on your site.” By inserting the auto ads code on your site, Google will be able to automatically place ads on it using machine learning to save you from the stress of having to do it by yourself on every of your pages.

For those of us who may be having a hard time understanding what Google Ads (formerly known as Adsense) is all about and how to properly apply for it for instant approval, I recommend you check out the following posts below on Inspire Wealth Blog:

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Blogging And Their Honest Answers

How To Apply, Get Instant Approval And Increase Your Google Ads Earnings

If you are completely new to the blogging business and very serious about monetizing your blog, you might want to check out How To Start A Blog And Make Money Online and also How To Advertise Your Blog And Instantly Increase Your Traffic Without Spending A Dime. You will also have to see How To Make Your Site User Friendly And Improve Your SEO.

The posts I recommended above has actually received great reviews and has helped so many beginners start their blogging journey successfully, so make out time to go through some if not all of them. Now back to my review of auto ads from Google.

After Google rolled out its auto ads feature for Adsense (now known as Google Ads), like most people I decided to give it a shot for two weeks to see how it works. Before I share with you what I found out about that, let me first of all show you what led me into buying the auto ads idea in the first place.

Why I Placed The Auto Code On My Site (3 Good Things Auto Ads Was Supposed To Do)

User Experience

While introducing the new ads feature, Google said auto ads will only show ads when they are likely to provide a good user experience and perform very well.

Increase In Revenue

Google also said the new feature will lead to an increase in revenue since it will use machine learning to identify available spaces on your site and place new ads there.

Easy To Use

Auto ads is very very easy to use. You only have to put the code once on your site and that will be all you will ever need to do after you have selected the ad formats you want from your Adsense account.

These are the reasons most people often consider going with the new ad feature. They were actually the reasons I set it up on my site.

However, after two weeks of inserting the auto ads code and watching my overall site performance, here is what I discovered about it.

My Experience With Auto Ads

Too Many Ads

I found out the auto ads feature do not just put one, two or three ads on your site. They actually bombard your site with it.

You will agree with me that if you must have your users always coming back to your site, one of the major things you must give them is great user experience. And the problem with too many ads is, they do not just deliver that.

In a particular post of about 2000 words on my blog, I counted up to about 6 to 8 ads that auto ads placed on it. On posts of about 1000 to 1500 words, I found about 4 to 6 ads.

The worst part is, this ads were often repetitions. And when they are do not load properly for any reason at all, you will find wide blank spaces on those posts or articles.

I found this very difficult and irritating to the point I began to imagine what it will be like for my own readers.

Another problem with too many ads is that it makes you appear like someone who is just in the blogging business for the money and not necessarily to deliver value to your readers.

This will make it difficult for people to actually trust you.

Revenue Drop

With so much as 5 to 8 ads popping up in one article, you would assume this will lead to an increase in revenue. But the truth is, it doesn’t. It actually leads to a drop in it.

Have you discovered, the lesser the ads the more the money? Check your CPM and CPC when you have lesser ads on your site, you will be shocked to discover this.

This is the reason high traffic generating sites do not just flood their contents with too many ads.

A Drop In Average Time Spent On Site

For the two weeks the code was on my blog, I discovered the average time people spent on my blog dropped drastically.

This was one of the major reason I had to do something immediately before things will get worse.

In Conclusion

I personally think the Google Auto Ads idea will be a great one if they can make out time to still work on it. For now I don’t think the feature is worth setting up on a new site.

I can only recommend it for sites with great and loyal followers who probably due to the value the site provides may stick with it regardless of the poor user experience from the auto ads feature.

It will be best if new websites or blogs can manually set up their on ad choices on Adsense. If they must use auto ads effectively, then disabling the in-article ads will be a great choice.

After that, they can use a plugin like Ad Inserter to setup the in-article ads on their site. That was what I did and everything became just fine.

So if you are searching for auto ads review, this is my honest review of it.

Are you using auto ads now on your site or not? What can you say about it?

I will like to hear from you in the comment section below.

I hope you find this post helpful. If you do will like to learn more about monetizing a website or blog, please check out the source @ https://www.inspirewealthblog.com

I am interested in buying your adsense. How much ? and what is the best way to reach you?
Re: My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB by unstoppable51(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2019
CuriousX:

I am interested in buying your adsense. How much ? and what is the best way to reach you?

Alright bro. Call me as soon as possible cos I have other interested buyers as well.
Re: My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB by unstoppable51(m): 4:41am On Feb 10, 2019
CuriousX:

Please call me. I couldn't find your number again. I have a deal for you
Re: My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB by liltee123(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2019
unstoppable51:

Alright bro. Call me as soon as possible cos I have other interested buyers as well. Here is my number: 08130229784

is it a verified Naija adsense
Re: My Google Adsense Auto Ads Review: Why I Disabled And Removed Auto Ads From IWB by unstoppable51(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
liltee123:

is it a verified Naija adsense
Unverified. (Only address remaining though)

(1) (Reply)

How To Advertize Using Pop-ups / Done With This Webmasters Section / Flash / Flex Builders: Please Let's Know You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.