Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Is It Necessary To Spank Children? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Necessary To Spank Children? (4218 Views)

Is It Necessary To Call Your Co-workers Aunty/Bros? / What Age Is Appropriate To Spank Your Child / Is It Necessary To Teach Babies To Sit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by bawomolo(m): 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2008
you have issues if ur kids stop learning or listening.
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by Blatant: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2008
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a CHILD but the rod of correction drives it far from him
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:02am On Apr 29, 2008
If I realize that yarning is not doing the job, there shall be zero hesitation to spank grin
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by elizabetta(f): 3:34pm On May 06, 2008
I received alot of beating when i was a child,but children these days needs alot advice not much spanking because they what is on their mind even if you spank them.
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by kolaoloye(m): 3:49pm On May 06, 2008
@topic,
This our generation is something else. At one point or the other you need to spank a child.
Don't spank anyhow but when you need to,pls don't spare the rod lest you spoil the child.
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by SENATORJD(m): 4:38pm On May 06, 2008
men if the child messes up beat the "demon" comot in body, but many at times its easier to just talk them through cos beating at times they harden pickin o angry
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by mccloud224(m): 5:12am On Jul 25, 2009
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children?
« #97 on: April 28, 2008, 07:38 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a CHILD but the rod of correction drives it far from him

GBAM!!!
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by Amigoz(f): 6:49am On Jul 25, 2009
I so agree with d above quote!
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by Nwamama1: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2009
It is very very necessary to spank, beat or even punish a child when he/she does what is wrong so that they will realize their mistakes and correct it and will not do it next time.

i think thats one of the way i will show my children love as a mother.
i will never spare the rod and spoil my child.
NO!

After all, my Bible said i should "Train up a child the way he should go, so that when he is old who will not depart from it." it also says "Displine your Child if you love Him/Her.

i was spanked, beaten and punished by my parents, brothers and sisters and it helps me alot. I even thank God for the training i received from them so will i do the same to my children for normal home training.

Thanks love you all
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2009
It is not necessary, but it is aiight, as long as it is done for discipline and the kid knows why it is being given to them
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by MrCrackles(m): 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2009
Yeah a fair few times before they stop being children! cool
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by agathamari(f): 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
positive reinforcment works better then negative
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by harakiri(m): 4:42am On Jan 19, 2010
Yeah. . .it's necessary.If you doubt is, ask Umar Farouck Muttalab.If that kid had been smacked a few good times during his childhood, he wouldn't even think of blowing himself up.The most troublesome adults in the world today and spoilt kids.Look at britney spears. . .look at how she messed herself up during her marriage,divorce and even after.She just couldnt help herself coz she's a spoilt brat.Look at Paris Hilton.It's only of recent that she's been showing some discipline.Not too long ago, the media was always filled with pictures of her opening up her private parts for the paparazzi.How about Nigeria? Go to Abuja and see how the children of the rich use the roads as "auto racing tracks".A lot of people have died and a lot of people are handicapped because of these kids but hey. . .they are kids of the influential and nothing can be done about it.

Compare a child raised abroad and a child raised here. . .you will see a big difference (poverty issues aside).Even an area boy in Nigeria gets back to his homegrown senses after leaving the streets and is better behaved than a kid from an average family in the western hemisphere.
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 19, 2010
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2010
I receive the UCB daily devotional by Email and this arrived to day. I was blessed by it and thought I would share it.

19 Jan 2010
Correct your child
, a father corrects a child in whom he delights. Proverbs 3:12

You're destroying your child's motivation and self-esteem when you allow them to think they don't have to work for anything because it's 'owed' to them.

The story's told of a telemarketer who phoned a house, saying: 'I'd like to talk to the person who makes the final purchasing decisions for the family.' The woman replied, 'I'm sorry, that person is still at kindergarten and won't be home for another hour.' Cute story, but not so cute when it is reality.

Parent, love your child, provide them with opportunity and a secure home environment, but teach them to be responsible. This sounds like a no-brainer; so why don't we do it? 1) Misguided love. We say, 'My kids shouldn't have to struggle like I did.' Your children interpret that kind of indulgence as lack of interest; you taking the easy way out.

As a result their demands increase because what they're really saying is, 'I don't really want more stuff, I want you!' 2) Low expectations. As a parent you owe your children a chance to excel in life.

Don't rob them of the fulfilment that comes from working hard to improve their grades, clean their room and earn their way. 3) Guilt. We all feel bad about not spending enough time with our kids, or having failed them.

One seventeen-year-old told her dad that he 'owed' her a car. And she got it! Why? Because her parents were divorced and Dad felt bad about 'letting her down.' Don't try to buy your child's affection, you'll only end up paying later. God corrects His children; you need to correct yours!
Re: Is It Necessary To Spank Children? by tallgal(f): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2010
As a last resort. We spend a lot of time talking to the kids before resorting to smacking. As they have now become teenagers, we explain what was wrong with their behaviour and why they are being punished and do things like take away their pocket money or ground them.

When they were younger smacking seemed the easiest deterrent until they became old enough to talk to. I have not smacked my eldest since he was 10.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Raped And Dejected,left With My Unforgettable Scar,a Child,my Son / How To Divulge Your Weaknesses Or Dark Side/Past To Your Partner. / Take A Look: Who Has A Better Definition Of Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.