Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 (5766 Views)

Photo: Fayose Takes Full Page Advert To Slam Buhari’s 6-month Rule / Buhari, Fashola, Amaechi & Ambode At Organised Private Sector Meeting In Lagos / Private Sector Takes Over Power Sector, As PHCN Ceases To Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
Because a new administration might come in and slow down the necessary reforms for Political reasons and we are back to square one

[b]With GEJ in power for 4 more yrs,[/b]he can accelerate the reforms he started and when he leaves in 2015 most of the reforms will be in place and almost irreversible

But u can vote for whomever u want. . .

this has always been the argument of despots are presidents for life - i need just a little more time to complete my reforms. . .kapish? you really expect us to believe that johnny will step down in 2015? cheesy cheesy cheesy

a nigerian leader? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

enough of obj's actions were overturned the moment he stepped out. power stations were put on hold - sale of nitel was reversed, enough gragra for virgin nigeria. . , anyway, johnny is obj's proxy so we will probably see the finalization of those power stations that obj started.

more to the point - what reforms has johnny started?

For example lets say ANPP with their Northern bent wins the election,u can be rest assured this whole privatisation process will be scrapped

because it will be alledged that it doesnt favor the North. . . .

Also is there not a possibility that another party can win,why must it be PDP?

i don't seem to recall johnathan announcing that he is decamping. when he runs ( all this "if he runs" is just noise - ) it shall be under the party that got him this far in the first place - pdp.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

How is it a variant of OBJs 3rd term for someone who has not even spent a full term in office?. .

For example lets say ANPP with their Northern bent wins the election,u can be rest assured this whole privatisation process will be scrapped

uumm . . . you are the one who offered the ANSWER that prompted that retort from @Oyb there. If you cannot see the connection, maybe it is best you avoid this one.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Pharyn(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
This Reform will open up opportunities for other cleaner and better sources of power, such as individual house generating its power needs (decentralization) through renewable sources (solar especially).
Solar Energy has a very high potential here but untapped into because of the initial capital investment required, but now, solar would become a cheaper and more reliable option.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2010
Pharyn:

This Reform will open up opportunities for other cleaner and better sources of power, such as individual house generating its power needs (decentralization) through renewable sources (solar especially).
Solar Energy has a very high potential here but untapped into because of the initial capital investment required, but now, solar would become a cheaper and more reliable option.

Nothing currently stops INDIVIDUALS from doing exactly that!! You can start taking advantage of that right now, not wait till government decides to change its mind to get on that.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ oyb

Do u remember OBJs second term in office?

When u had Okonjo Iweala in Finance,Soludo in CBN and Nasir El rufai in BPE/FCT

That was when most of OBJs achievements in the economy was done. .
(PENCOM established,FGN Bonds resuscitated with DMO mgt,Debt relief,Bank consolidation,Africa Finance Corporation(AFC) set up, Privatisation of over 1000 Govt owned companies through the BPE,Excess crude account set up. . .and so on)

He had just been re-elected and settled for business. . .

I foresee something like that if GEJ is elected in 2011. . He will have only 4yrs and will get down to business

A new person will first of all appoint a new set ministers with all the horse trading involved,which might take 6months
then he will thread carefully on reforms because he will be seeking re-election. . .

Just my opinion
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2010
this has always been the argument of despots are presidents for life - i need just a little more time to complete my reforms. . .kapish? you really expect us to believe that johnny will step down in 2015?

a nigerian leader?

enough of obj's actions were overturned the moment he stepped out. power stations were put on hold - sale of nitel was reversed, enough gragra for virgin nigeria. . , anyway, johnny is obj's proxy so we will probably see the finalization of those power stations that obj started.

more to the point - what reforms has johnny started?

I dont think jonathan is making that argument. . .I am only saying it will be good if he stays beyond 2011,to finish up what he started
even u will admit that 1yr is too short to tackle Nigerias power problem

Jonathan cannot stay beyond 2015,because the constitution bars him from being sworn in more than twice. . .

If some OBJs actions were overturned,why dont u then see my point that it is better for continuity that the man that started d reforms
stay on to see it to its logical conclusion

GEJ has started reforms in the power sector from the article u just read,and has also proposed reforms in the Gas sector,with the introduction of competitive pricing
see link. . . .
http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12442:fg-introduces-competitive-gas-pricing-to-boost-investment&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

I dont think jonathan is making that argument. . .I am only saying it will be good if he stays beyond 2011,to finish up what he started
even u will admit that 1yr is too short to tackle Nigerias power problem

Are you sure about that?  How exactly is 1year too short to tackle Nigerias power problem, especially in the way he has chosen to do it?
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
Not that I have a thing against Nigerian 'Prophets'(I do by the way) but I suggest we stick to dissecting that which we know rather than foreseeing more fantastic realities that in the past have shown to be just that, fantasies.

This article claims GEJ want hand over FULL CONTROL to the private sector by June 2011. In essence, unless it states that I have to vote for him after that, I don't see why I should rally around a GEJ candidacy for this to happen. If the man is serious, the laws and necessary policies should be in place before the next election. The Next administration will have a tough time reversing those no matter how corrupt.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2010

If another party comes to power in 2011,what makes u think they will carry on with the reforms
or do u think PDP is destined to win all elections in Nigeria?

i don't seem to recall johnathan announcing that he is decamping. when he runs ( all this "if he runs" is just noise - ) it shall be under the party that got him this far in the first place - pdp.

Even if he runs with PDP there is still a chance he can loose. . . .thats my point
stop equating PDP to Nigeria
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
Are you sure about that?  How exactly is 1year too short to tackle Nigerias power problem, especially in the way he has chosen to do it?

I have given u the example of the AMCON Bill and the notoriously slow National assembly

The N200Bln payment to settle PHCN liability will need to be in next yrs budget and may not be approved by the legislature,esp if A new President is coming on board

Finally it has taken us 50yrs to get to this sorry pass on power

How do u presume it will take 1yr to solve everything?
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Jul 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

I have given u the example of the AMCON Bill and the notoriously slow National assembly
The N200Bln payment to settle PHCN liability will need to be in next yrs budget may not be approved by the legislature,esp if A new President is coming on board
Finally it has taken us 50yrs to get to this sorry pass on power
How do u presume it will take 1yr to solve everything?

Interesting . . . so following what you have up there then, it is best for us to just ignore him then since we probably don't have 50 years to invest in his "trying" to fix this then.

I mean here I thought that since his party members are the majority in the house, he could actually deliver on this in one year as he suggests. But following your argument there, there it is maybe just good for Nigerians to start looking to the next person to maybe do something better then, huh?
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Princek12(m): 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
If Jonathan can successfully execute this privatization, that will be a great step towards reaching Nigeria's goal.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
This article claims GEJ want hand over FULL CONTROL to the private sector by June 2011. In essence, unless it states that I have to vote for him after that, I don't see why I should rally around a GEJ candidacy for this to happen. If the man is serious, the laws and necessary policies should be in place before the next election

Obama also wanted health care to pass by august last 2009,but it took him till March 2010 to pass it and sign it into law

He promised to tackle immigration reform in his first yr in office,up till now we dont have a clue when it will get done

The point is,in the democracy we run,the power of the presidency is somewhat limited

U cannot claim the laws should be in place before the next election,when the Nigerian lawmakers can slow things down and disrupt the time-line

The man has only proposed a time-line. . . .lets see how it plays out
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
I mean here I thought that since his party members are the majority in the house, he could actually deliver on this in one year as he suggests.
But following your argument there, there it is maybe just good for Nigerians to start looking to the next person to maybe do something better then, huh?

Obamas party controls the house,senate and white house,how come it is so difficult for him to pass his bills on schedule
For example the health care bill was delayed for over 8months. . . .

u cant blame the president for the slow nature of the national assembly,i mean they have passed just 6 bills or so in the last 4yrs

and Nigerians can look for whomever they want,its a free world
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

Obama also wanted health care to pass by august last 2009,but it took him till March 2010 to pass it and sign it into law
He promised to tackle immigration reform in his first yr in office, up till now we dont have a clue when it will get done
The point is, in the democracy we run,the power of the presidency is somewhat limited
Our power problem cannot be compared to the HealthCare problem or the Immigration problem in anyway. For one there is NO controversy surrounding our need for power in Nigeria.  SO I suggest you please stick to debating Nigerian problems in the Nigerian context rather than comparing the situation by connecting the disconnected.
By the way the whole world knows why it took Obama so long to get HealthCare passed.
paddy_lo:

U cannot claim the laws should be in place before the next election,when the Nigerian lawmakers can slow things down and disrupt the time-line. The man has only proposed a time-line. . . .lets see how it plays out
Like I said, if we follow this logic of yours, then there is no point supporting a GEJ candidacy since even after four years, we will likely get the same excuse offered us, only we will be told the man cannot do it in 5 years then. I don't think I want Nigeria to continue without a minister of Power for that long either.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2010
Our power problem cannot be compared to the HealthCare problem or the Immigration problem in anyway. For one there is NO controversy surrounding our need for power in Nigeria.  SO I suggest you please stick to debating Nigerian problems in the Nigerian context rather than comparing the situation by connecting the disconnected.
By the way the whole world knows why it took Obama so long to get HealthCare passed.

There is no controversy surrounding our need for power,but there is controversy concerning what needs to be done,as we can see from this thread

People that think like u,want the GOVT to still keep pouring billions into the sector and subsidizing the price. . .

Our constitution copied the American presidential system of Governance,so u cannot say it is not connected

As for Obama,whatever difficulties he had,he got majority of it from his own party. . who could not muster the votes needed
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
paddy_lo:

u cant blame the president for the slow nature of the national assembly,i mean they have passed just 6 bills or so in the last 4yrs
Slow Nature in Nigeria? Actually I blame the slow system and not even the national assembly. During the Obasanjo admin, I tried my best to track the FOI bill. At that time the NASS site was not really updated regularly so I relied on phone calls here and there and newspaper articles to inform myself. It turned out that bill initially spent a couple of years at the national assembly but then spent many more months on Obasanjos table. Later I discovered, Obasanjo held back from signing that document why? One of the reasons he gave was that it would be best for the next administration(almost 2 years later) to sign it into law instead. Then the next administration came in and it was back again to the assembly, and since then have yet to find it on the list on the NASS website.
You see, if what this administration and the majority in the assembly can offer us is more promises of the same old, what use it is allowing this round-a-round-the-garden to continue?
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

There is no controversy surrounding our need for power,but there is controversy concerning what needs to be done,as we can see from this thread
People that think like u,want the GOVT to still keep pouring billions into the sector and subsidizing the price. . .
I will pretend to ignore the stupidity that fills your assumption there, chuck it up to childishness on your part, and try to give you the benefit of the doubt for a second.
Again, there is no controversy surrounding our need for power. The claimed controversy concerning what needs to be done is dismissible since even this full hand over suggests the government retains some control so again, it is not controversial in the way Healthcare and immigration seem to be in America and shoud not be compared with what is obtained in the US and we need to stop trying out of desperation to make such connections.

paddy_lo:

Our constitution copied the American presidential system of Governance,so u cannot say it is not connected
That our constitution copied the American presidential system of Governance DOES NOT mean Nigeria is now America or Nigeria will become America. So again, please stick to discussing this within the right context rather than looking to connect the seriously disconnected.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 12:03am On Jul 07, 2010
then there is no point supporting a GEJ candidacy since even after four years, we will likely get the same excuse offered us, only we will be told the man cannot do it in 5 years then. I don't think I want Nigeria to continue without a minister of Power for that long either.

I have told u u can support whomever u want

Me i see in GEJ a Reformer and a capitalist. . .that is my kind of politics and economics. . .

I dont know about u. . .

PS. . and the day we can do without the minister of power,the better for Nigeria
All we need is a Power regulatory commission. . .

Minister of power lol. . .
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Jul 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

I have told u u can support whomever u want

Me i see in GEJ a Reformer and a capitalist. . .that is my kind of politics and economics. . .

I dont know about u. . .

PS. . and the day we can do without the minister of power,the better for Nigeria
All we need is a Power regulatory commission. . .

Minister of power lol. .

As long as we are not offering our side/OPINION up on this as ABSOLUTES, I am cool!
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2010
The claimed controversy concerning what needs to be done is dismissible since even this full hand over suggests the government retains some control so again, it is not to compared with what is obtained in the US and we need to stop trying out of desperation to make such connections.

dismissible eh?. . . .so how do u explain this article below that came out just in may 2010?. . .A lot of vested interests want the status quo to remain. . .
There is another article(which i cant find) where the Northern PHCN members are opposed to the sale of power plants. . saying its against the Northern interest

These are the real reason power remains a problem in Nigeria. . .If it was so easy it would have been done 20yrs ago

[size=14pt]Electricity workers oppose PHCN privatisation[/size]
By Emeka Ugwuanyi Published [b]18/05/2010 [/b]Energy Unrated

The National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has criticised suggestions by some industry stakeholders that the Federal Government should privatise the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

The Vice-President of NUEE, Lagos/Ogun Zone, Comrade Mbang Etete Ekpo Ntukubes, said those at the forefront to see the utility company privatised do so out of their selfish desires.

Ntukubes said: "It is regrettable that rather than addressing the longstanding issues that will give the workers the needed motivation for an improved productivity, resulting in enhanced electricity supply within the available resources to Nigerians, government is busy recruiting fake consultants such as Prof. Bath Nnaji with divided interest to advise her on how to privatise PHCN for selfish interest.

"It is a pity to note that Nnaji himself has been working on a power plant, which had been approved since 2005; up till date he has not found the bearing for the project, so they cannot make any meaningful input to revive the sector, rather, they are interested in their personal benefits."

Ntukubes at a rally last week had directed members of the union to stay at home from yesterday for an indefinite strike. However, the strike was called off Friday after the union as well as the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies (SSAEAC), the PHCN management; the Ministry of Power and the Ministry of Labour and Productivity reached an agreement and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in Abuja.

The Zonal Organising Secretary of the Zone, Comrade Richard Kadee, said the union was not afraid of privatization but it is obligatory on the PHCN management to obey and comply with the genuine agreements entered with the union on the issue of non payment of monetization arrears since 2002, casualization of workers and non payment of balance of 150 per cent of salary increase agreed by the management.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/46817/1/Electricity-workers-oppose-PHCN-privatisation/Page1.html
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Jul 07, 2010
So, a couple of PHCN workers will stop Government from doing what the Nigerian people desire be done? What does the word dismissible mean again? lol
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 12:19am On Jul 07, 2010
So, a couple of PHCN workers will stop Government from doing what the Nigerian people desire be done? What does the word dismissible mean again? lol

If the PHCN workers go on strike and disrupt power supply for weeks on end,then they can
they can also sway the opinion of the NASS. . . .

I dont see how u can write off the PHCN workers as irrelevant. . .
How do u think the planned full deregulation of the oil sector has been stalled up till now?
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On Jul 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

If the PHCN workers go on strike and disrupt power supply for weeks on end,then they can
they can also sway the opinion of the NASS. . . .
Isn't that exactly what they have been doing for years now? Can you count how many times in just one year alone they have done exactly that? And how has that worked out for the Nigerian people who have continued to loose out at the end of it all?

paddy_lo:

I dont see how u can write off the PHCN workers as irrelevant. . .
How do u think the planned full deregulation of the oil sector has been stalled up till now?

Deregulation of oil sector is not what we are on now. We are on power, and from looking back we know now that PHCN workers do not need to be the ones making the decision for the country. We need power and the governments owes the Nigerian people power. So, yes, in order to solve this, the opinion of the PHCN workers aneed to be made somewhat irrelevant for the Nigerian people to move forward as a country. This is no longer about PHCN and their strikes but about the Nigerian people and economy and how best to move it forward. Like I said, government still retains some control but in the end this is above PHCN workers and their feelings.

In addition, our politicians, Jonathan for one, should know by now that Nigerians are not looking for more empty promises but promises that make sense. He promised to change things in 6 months( I believe) and now he promises that by june 2011, it will be fully privatized. We are SMART enough to hold him to that and if he does not fulfill by deadline, I hope this time around Nigerians make sure he does not serve ever again, and the same to anyone else who comes in to blow fluff up our arses with this or any other.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by CyberG: 3:24am On Jul 07, 2010
Hope this is for real or just campaign gimmick??
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by beejaei: 4:55am On Jul 07, 2010
How is it a variant of OBJs 3rd term for someone who has not even spent a full term in office?. .

I believe the way Jonathan can handle this without putting us through the risk of a potential third term is to lay down solid fundamental structures of governance that will make development not dependent on the party in power. The truth is advanced democracies like the United States make policy changes in small increments because there are strong institutions that prevent radical change in a particular direction but encourage incremental change in a particular direction. The reality of politics and policies is that you do not always get what you want, but that is not an excuse to be in government for ever. Even Obama will not achieve all of his liberal agenda by the end of is term, that is why he had a list of priorities at the top if which was healthcare. So Jonathan should start work on the power reforms and concentrate on creating institutions/apparatuses of government that make reversal on major policy issues like power reform almost impossible/unfeasible. This is the foundation on which advanced democracies like America's are built and, I believe, this is the only guarantee that our democracy will grow.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by beejaei: 4:58am On Jul 07, 2010
By the way, what is all this talk about "election gimmick?" You guys do realize that no election takes place in Nigeria and your votes don't count, right? Jonathan does not need to woo you or convince you to vote for him; he just needs to win the PDP nomination. I know, its sad but true. No such thing as platform of party ideology in Nigerian politics, its all a desperate attempt to associate civility with Nigerian politics. We have a long way to go.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 07, 2010
beejaei:

By the way, what is all this talk about "election gimmick?" You guys do realize that no election takes place in Nigeria and your votes don't count, right? Jonathan does not need to woo you or convince you to vote for him; he just needs to win the PDP nomination. I know, its sad but true. No such thing as platform of party ideology in Nigerian politics, its all a desperate attempt to associate civility with Nigerian politics. We have a long way to go.
grin
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 6:00am On Jul 07, 2010

There are some irregularities,we all know that but u are going too far by saying what u say above

Lagos state,Edo state,Anambra state,Kano state,Plateau state and a couple of other states are where the will of the people generally held in the last election

There is no way PDP can win Lagos or Kano,and there is no way ANPP can win Plateau state or Anambra and so on. .

Now going to the general Presidential election
i believe the PDP would have won that election,if it was free and fair. . . there is no national opposition in Nigeria

Anyway lets wait for 2011 see how it turns out. .PDP is still the party to beat. .
with parties like APGA,AC,ANPP being regional parties. . Only pDP has the National reach
to win in ENUGU,RIVERS,OYO,KWARA,BAUCHI,PLATEAUS,KADUNA.TARABA and so on(All geopolitical zones)

Finally we are in a learning curve,at least we have no one ruler in place for 20yrs like 90% of all African countries
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by beejaei: 6:19am On Jul 07, 2010
There are some irregularities,we all know that but u are going too far by saying what u say above

Lagos state,Edo state,Anambra state,Kano state,Plateau state and a couple of other states are where the will of the people generally held in the last election

There is no way PDP can win Lagos or Kano,and there is no way ANPP can win Plateau state or Anambra and so on. .

You make a valid point. But I wonder why PDP cannot win those states? At the risk of sounding like a cynic, the possible reasons why PDP didnot win those states are:

a.They were out-rigged by the opposition.
b.They do not have the power of incumbency needed to successfully rig in Nigeria.
c.Or they were so unpopular that the effect of rigging would have been disastrous e.g. riot,bloodshed, assassinations etc

The good news is we are improving, especially with the dominant role the judiciary now plays in settling electoral dispute. Now candidates from other parties apart from PDP are more likely to run for election and be confident that if voted in, they will be sworn-in, whether sooner or later. That is progress.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by Kobojunkie: 6:43am On Jul 07, 2010
paddy_lo:

The will of the people generally held in the last election? Apart from Anambra(Obi) and maybe Edo(Oshiomole), can you please provide some evidence for the claim applying in the other states?

beejaei:

You make a valid point. But I wonder why PDP cannot win those states? At the risk of sounding like a cynic, the possible reasons why PDP didnot win those states are:

a.They were out-rigged by the opposition.
b.They do not have the power of incumbency needed to successfully rig in Nigeria.
c.Or they were so unpopular that the effect of rigging would have been disastrous e.g. riot,bloodshed, assassinations etc

I suspect this is likely the reason in more cases than none. We all witnessed what happened last year in Ekiti and how both parties tried to bully their way into winning, only in the end,PDP got it's way. PDP, AC and some others are involved in the rigging, and I believe this is why we do not have serious opposition in the country because they are more involved than they would like to have revealed.
Re: Private Sector Takes Full Control Of Electricity June 2011 by paddylo1(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2010
The will of the people generally held in the last election? Apart from Anambra(Obi) and maybe Edo(Oshiomole), can you please provide some evidence for the claim applying in the other states?

I think we have argued this before. . The local and International observers adjudged Lagos state and Kano state to be the most free and fair elections held in 2007

As for Plateau state. . Its a PDP State and majority christian state,where the Beroms(Major ethnic group),hold sway. . The GOV Jang is Berom
The only challenge they have in the state is from ANPP. . and there is no way ANPP can win plateau,with their sharia leanings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Foiled Bomb Attack In Lagos / Lagos Demolition Of Otodo Gbame Illegal, Court Rules / Adams Oshiomole Reveal To Nigerian Who Is The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.